FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > X-Box one

X-Box one

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is it really worth getting it yet,or waiting until it gets cheaper,and is then any bugs with the console....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

As far as I can tell it's not worth it just yet. There's so few games available. I'm waiting. Maybe another 12 months or so.

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

had no bugs on my sons, but currently it's in my wardrobe until he has done his GSCE's!

I have one. It's worth for Destiny alone. However the PS4 has a better graphics engine. I don't think they are looking to change the console soon.

The 360 was around for ages. I think you can rent them if you fancy a trial run. Your xbox live account can be transferred straight into it.

I was all for getting either of the ps4 or Xbox offerings but I changed my mind, I'm currently building a gaming pc, it will have more power than either of the consoles and I won't have to fork out for a whole new PC in 12 months I can just upgrade components as and when needed, ad steam I to the equation and your laughing

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Fuck that shit, I'm waiting for the Y-Box

Have to say it but

PC MASTER RACE

To be fair its a great console but price isnt very reasonable just yet

By *4nc3rCouple  over a year ago

Clacton-On-Sea, Essex

I'm clearly biased but I think its worth it if you get a good deal (game had the 1tb cod console for £300 a couple weeks ago)

It's not just about the gaming but the interface and the way you can do multiple things without having to keep closing an app and re-opening it etc

We bought one at launch, and a 2nd one when destiny was released (as I wanted my own console to play it on) and I don't regret either of then...

That is apart from when Steve would rather play FIFA until I fall asleep instead of ravage me

Out of interest how much would you expect to pay for a pre owned one? My son is saving at the min for one. I told him I would buy him one for his birthday in August but he can't wait.

By *oody39Man  over a year ago

tunbridge wells

"Out of interest how much would you expect to pay for a pre owned one? My son is saving at the min for one. I told him I would buy him one for his birthday in August but he can't wait. "

Depends what comes with it etc, but I'd guess 200+

By *4nc3rCouple  over a year ago

Clacton-On-Sea, Essex

As I mentioned you can get the brand new ones for around £300 on special offer, so if it's got a few up to date games £200 seems fair. But Game give £200 trade-in value on just the console so finding someone wanting to sell it and a bunch of games for less isn't that easy...

Personally although I've encountered no bugs, I never buy second hand consoles (unless they just sorta land in my lap like an Xbox 360 elite for £20 with 2 controllers lol)

I always feel like it's asking for trouble not to have the warranty of buying new when the price isn't thy different.

By *oody39Man  over a year ago

tunbridge wells

"As I mentioned you can get the brand new ones for around £300 on special offer, so if it's got a few up to date games £200 seems fair. But Game give £200 trade-in value on just the console so finding someone wanting to sell it and a bunch of games for less isn't that easy...

Personally although I've encountered no bugs, I never buy second hand consoles (unless they just sorta land in my lap like an Xbox 360 elite for £20 with 2 controllers lol)

I always feel like it's asking for trouble not to have the warranty of buying new when the price isn't thy different."

Yeah Game are fckers on consoles lol. Don't they offer 6 months warranty on consoles?

Wow a woman gamer, I'm in heaven

By *fcdTV/TS  over a year ago

Southend

Well it's already dropped from the £450 when new to around £230 without Kinect so it's much cheaper than it was a year ago. My son has one and almost never plays his 360 now but TBH, the graphics don't look that much better to me when compared to a AAA 360game like GTA5. Lots of good games on the way though.

You can get new console bundles with a game or two for £250 or less if you shop around online. Just look on sites like Hot UK Deals. Doesn't usually come with kinect at that price though, which is one of my favourite things about the console. Had mine since launch day. Definitely worth it

By *radleyandRavenCouple  over a year ago

Herts

Personally, I felt the PS4 far outweighed the shitbox one.

But I still find neither of them have a patch on my Wii U...

By *een_VoyeurMan  over a year ago

Lanark / Surrounding

I recently upgraded through microsoft itself. Very good deal.

Well worth the upgrade and you can pick up kinect for 30 - 40 quid off local ads or gumtree to save further.

Go for it!

By *eovilcouple76Couple  over a year ago

yeovil

PS4 is so much better.

As for Destiny, downloaded it, played it once, deleted it. It's shite.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Microsoft shot themselves in the door by not making it backwards compatible.

You can't play 360 games, use a 360 kinect or 360 controllers.

So everything has to be bought new.

That is the only reason I haven't got one.

A

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Door?

WTF!!

Foot - obviously!

Why would anyone shoot themselves in the door?

A

Pc all the way

"Door?

WTF!!

Foot - obviously!

Why would anyone shoot themselves in the door?

A"

Wasn't that Oscar Pistorious's defence?

By *onConformistLikeUMan  over a year ago

Chorley

If you can wait till autumn oculus rift will be a thing, this will give the PC market a boost and the consoles will be struggling to look as good. Sony are competing with project Morpheus, Microsoft are sort of trying to push hololens, which will be a windows 10 thing, xbox will be running a version of windows 10 and there will be some sort of convergence between it an hololens but the actual headset is likely to cost as much as a PC anyhow.

In short, Consoles aren't the long term investment they used to be but the PS4 seems to be the better option if you want one right now.

» Add a new message to this topic