FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Diet

Diet

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Best diet uv been on . And easyist

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

eat less, move more. quick fixes are pointless.

By *ighlandguy1000Man  over a year ago

Inverness

I have never been on a diet. I am one of that people that no matter what I eat I dont put on weight. I am the same weight I wss when I left school 38 years ago

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

Cut out the classic carbs (wheat, pasta, bread, potatoes, rice etc) cut out refined sugar, cut out cheese and only eat lean meat like steak, chicken and turkey.

Add beans and pulses where you can, preferably with all your main meals as they'll keep you full for longer. Instead of the carbs substitute butter bean or other white bean mash, sweet potatoes, butternut squash or quinoa.

I lost over a stone fairly quickly doing this and was able to eat big portions, feel full and also eat out and be catered for. You can even eat a carvery meal by just having loads of veg instead of roasties.

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

Since September ive been mostly doing high protein low fat, no sugar, carbs only from fruit, veg and the occasional sweet potato. No booze. Lots of exercise.

By *ilmiss75Woman  over a year ago

Thornton

Slimming World.... Its worked for me

Thank I for all advice x

This is good to read. I am hoping to start diet this week. Sick of being big and losing my confidence . I lost 1.5 St in 2013 but I had become obsessed with the gym and went 5 days a week. Then I got a new job and the gym stopped. Neeeeddd to find motivation!! X

"eat less, move more. quick fixes are pointless."

"Since September ive been mostly doing high protein low fat, no sugar, carbs only from fruit, veg and the occasional sweet potato. No booze. Lots of exercise. "

Definitely...sugar is the body's worse enemy lol

"I have never been on a diet. I am one of that people that no matter what I eat I dont put on weight. I am the same weight I wss when I left school 38 years ago"

Lucky you...don't think this comment was particularly helpful to OP though

"This is good to read. I am hoping to start diet this week. Sick of being big and losing my confidence . I lost 1.5 St in 2013 but I had become obsessed with the gym and went 5 days a week. Then I got a new job and the gym stopped. Neeeeddd to find motivation!! X"
i was same till got I'll was doing so well !

By *ee331Man  over a year ago

Wolverton

I was on holiday in Spain last September and I got food poisoning. One day I looked in the mirror and thought I needed to change what I eat and how much because I was becoming a fatty. I weighed nigh on 18 stone. On getting back from holiday, I started eat fruit or granola with yoghurt for breakfast, baked beans on toast, sometimes with poached eggs or smoked salmon for lunch and then a balanced healthy evening meal. I cut out most pre processed foods, sugar and booze and then started to run 3 times a week. I've now lost over 4 stone.

I don't believe in dieting, I do believe in eating slowly and when I start to feel full I stop eating, reducing portion sizes and getting regular exercise. Seems to have worked for me.

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Bearded Guy

[Removed by poster at 19/04/15 08:20:06]

Too be honist I'm guilty off comfort eating . I'm sure I'm not on my own !

Older Hot Bearded Guy

"So many people go on about diets on here. Forget them. Calorific intake is the problem. Most of us eat far more than our bodies need and don't do any, or enough exercise. This leads to weight gain. All you need to do is, eat less and do more exercise.

Get a good balance of healthy carbohydrates/lean proteins/healthy fats in your diet and eat loads of vegetables (many are fat burners, as well as giving your body essential vitamins & minerals, needed to function). Eat them raw, even better!

You can still have the odd 'cheat day' and eat nutrient deficient crap (junk food) as long as it's in moderation, but you must keep active, otherwise you'll gain weight/fat."

Kent

"Too be honist I'm guilty off comfort eating . I'm sure I'm not on my own ! "

That's when you need to make sure you haven't got rubbish in the house when that happens. Evenings are my worst time so I always make sure I have fruit and little pots of sugar free jelly for if the sweet tooth kicks in or carrot and cucumber sticks, boiled eggs even a some cooked chicken or Turkey if I get the munchies.

Older Hot Bearded Guy

"Cut out the classic carbs (wheat, pasta, bread, potatoes, rice etc) cut out refined sugar, cut out cheese and only eat lean meat like steak, chicken and turkey.

Add beans and pulses where you can, preferably with all your main meals as they'll keep you full for longer. Instead of the carbs substitute butter bean or other white bean mash, sweet potatoes, butternut squash or quinoa.

I lost over a stone fairly quickly doing this and was able to eat big portions, feel full and also eat out and be catered for. You can even eat a carvery meal by just having loads of veg instead of roasties."

I have never been on any diet but i really need to try to work out some sort of plan and stop whatever food thats making me feel ill all the time If i just eat muesli .. Fruit.. Brown bread and certian veg am fine but gets a bit boring lol

"eat less, move more. quick fixes are pointless."

Good advice

And saves a fortune on dietary supplements..

"I have never been on any diet but i really need to try to work out some sort of plan and stop whatever food thats making me feel ill all the time If i just eat muesli .. Fruit.. Brown bread and certian veg am fine but gets a bit boring lol "
well u don't need lose any weight uv a perfect body !

Avoid foods with sugar.

Only eat foods around 4% fat or under.

Eat your five a day (at least!).

Drink 3 litres of water a day.

Eat healthy foods you actually like.

Get rid of junk food from your house and fill up regularly on healthy snacks before you get ravenous and hunger drives you for the quick fix.

Exercise.

Oh and exercise at LEAST every other day so you start to crave the hit exercise gives you - it's better comfort than sugary food once you do it regularly.

Older Hot Bearded Guy

"Oh and exercise at LEAST every other day so you start to crave the hit exercise gives you - it's better comfort than sugary food once you do it regularly."

Yep, you can't beat the endorphin buzz, especially when accompanied with your music, as well!

mine consists of eating what ever i like. though perhaps the amount of walking and cycling i do helps keep me in shape.

Mine is mass gain diet, offseason - 3200kcal 600g carbs and 250g protein daily, perfect to pack on muscles on

By *urvybrunette91Woman  over a year ago

tidworth

'Clean eating' or 'paleo' lost 8 stone in just as many months doing it. It's basically what everyone else has said, no refined carbs, no unhealthy sugar etc, limited fruit due to high sugars. But as much meat, veg, and healthy fats as you like!

"Slimming World.... Its worked for me "
me too...love it.....lost 16lb so far !!

"Slimming World.... Its worked for me me too...love it.....lost 16lb so far !!"

Slimming world does not teach your body to wean itself of sugar....if anything it tends to encourage sugar addiction...some of their what they call syn free items have as much as 7.5g of sugar...so if something is "free" people can think they can eat more than one and still be okay.....

And who needs to pay to be told how much they weigh?? Surely anyone with half a brain can use a pair of scales...

By *ust4fun26Couple  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

"Slimming World.... Its worked for me me too...love it.....lost 16lb so far !!

Slimming world does not teach your body to wean itself of sugar....if anything it tends to encourage sugar addiction...some of their what they call syn free items have as much as 7.5g of sugar...so if something is "free" people can think they can eat more than one and still be okay.....

And who needs to pay to be told how much they weigh?? Surely anyone with half a brain can use a pair of scales..."

I go to slimming world...I've more than half a brain and can operate a set of bathroom scales but I just don't have the motivation on my own, it's not about the optimisation plan for me it's about the group and community feel of it (which I really enjoy living in a new town where I don't know anyone I've met plenty of people) I know what I can and can't have and when I wasn't going to SW I would weigh myself every week and it wouldn't really matter to me as no one else knew...now I do it to prove to others that I can do it. I have very little sugar these days, I've cut it out of coffee and don't really do sweet stuff. I want to lose a fair bit of weight and despite my partner being a health and gym fanatic I just wasn't doing it on my own.

And who needs to pay to be told how much they weigh?? Surely anyone with half a brain can use a pair of scales...

I go to slimming world...I've more than half a brain and can operate a set of bathroom scales but I just don't have the motivation on my own, it's not about the optimisation plan for me it's about the group and community feel of it (which I really enjoy living in a new town where I don't know anyone I've met plenty of people) I know what I can and can't have and when I wasn't going to SW I would weigh myself every week and it wouldn't really matter to me as no one else knew...now I do it to prove to others that I can do it. I have very little sugar these days, I've cut it out of coffee and don't really do sweet stuff. I want to lose a fair bit of weight and despite my partner being a health and gym fanatic I just wasn't doing it on my own. "

Mullerlite was the example I was using...it is not the sugar you add to things...it is the hidden sugar...when something is low fat or fat free is tastes poor, so sugar is added...

A friend of mine is doing it....and despite following the plan loses weight very slowly...

High Protein, medium fat and low carbs is the way to go if you want to lose weight...it is very simple really....

By *trawberry-popWoman  over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

"Since September ive been mostly doing high protein low fat, no sugar, carbs only from fruit, veg and the occasional sweet potato. No booze. Lots of exercise. "

Same here minus the exercise and only been doing it 5 weeks, lost 18lbs.

I've lost almost 3 stone since Xmas... Started off as heartbreak diet though.

Now I use 'My Fitness Pal' and it's free.

Eat mainly salmon.. Can't lay off carbs though. Love pasta too much.

Plus I ride a lot (mtb haha) so need energy...

I'm on a constant diet. Seriously.I'm just scared of getting fat! and there are times when I'll take to VERY extreme lengths that makes my doctor freak out and my other half being a nurse go absolutely nuts!

"I'm on a constant diet. Seriously.I'm just scared of getting fat! and there are times when I'll take to VERY extreme lengths that makes my doctor freak out and my other half being a nurse go absolutely nuts!"

You are absolutely bloody gorgeous.

Eat clean and exercise regularly. Start doing this for a sensible long term approach rather than a crash diet. You will soon find out if you have the minerals to follow it through.

I lost just over 7 stone on slimming world last year, I got a tread mill as well though and do an hour a day

By *eshzMan  over a year ago

"I lost just over 7 stone on slimming world last year, I got a tread mill as well though and do an hour a day

"

Well done you

"I lost just over 7 stone on slimming world last year, I got a tread mill as well though and do an hour a day

Well done you "

Still got a way to go I'm not at my goal yet

"Slimming World.... Its worked for me "

Me too x

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

I don't think the word diet is helpful because it feels like something temporary. Healthy eating should be a lifestyle for long term weight control and your best health

I started a diet this week. I eat less but healthier also. Switched white bread and rice for brown and earing fruit as a snack instead of sweets and chocolate. Also started going the gym 4-5 times a week.

Im using the cross trainer and treadmill in two minute run then two minute fast walk in 20 minute sets. This worked for me before and i lost a stone every month.

"I'm on a constant diet. Seriously.I'm just scared of getting fat! and there are times when I'll take to VERY extreme lengths that makes my doctor freak out and my other half being a nurse go absolutely nuts!

You are absolutely bloody gorgeous. "

No you are.

It's just a matter of calories in vs calories out. No need to resort to drastic measures like cutting out carbs or fat both of which are needed to stay healthy.

I'm a competing UK strongman and people consult me all the time on things to do with gym etc so not trying to sell people a fad diet etc.

Calories in vs calories out.

"I don't think the word diet is helpful because it feels like something temporary. Healthy eating should be a lifestyle for long term weight control and your best health "

"Eat clean and exercise regularly. Start doing this for a sensible long term approach rather than a crash diet. You will soon find out if you have the minerals to follow it through. "

By *ust4fun26Couple  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

I go to slimming world...I've more than half a brain and can operate a set of bathroom scales but I just don't have the motivation on my own, it's not about the optimisation plan for me it's about the group and community feel of it (which I really enjoy living in a new town where I don't know anyone I've met plenty of people) I know what I can and can't have and when I wasn't going to SW I would weigh myself every week and it wouldn't really matter to me as no one else knew...now I do it to prove to others that I can do it. I have very little sugar these days, I've cut it out of coffee and don't really do sweet stuff. I want to lose a fair bit of weight and despite my partner being a health and gym fanatic I just wasn't doing it on my own.

Mullerlite was the example I was using...it is not the sugar you add to things...it is the hidden sugar...when something is low fat or fat free is tastes poor, so sugar is added...

A friend of mine is doing it....and despite following the plan loses weight very slowly...

High Protein, medium fat and low carbs is the way to go if you want to lose weight...it is very simple really...."

Doesn't apply to me....I am vegetarian and cannot eat Mullerlight as they contain geletime, I struggle with high protein as I do not eat meat, fish or meat replacements. You cannot generalise because your friend loses weight slowly...slowly is the best way to lose weight, it would be criticised if she was losing weight quickly, my friend does it and lost 5 stone last year....

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I'm making some small changes. I'm reducing bread and snacks and drinking more water. Nothing too drastic. I love pasta though, would changing to wholewheat make a difference or is all just pasta at the end of the day?

All the best to the op on making changes too.

Kent

"I don't think the word diet is helpful because it feels like something temporary. Healthy eating should be a lifestyle for long term weight control and your best health "

Diet is just another word for the food we eat. Agreed though that too many people hear it, panic. Start some crazy fad that's not possible to maintain long term and then are back to square one within a month. A lot misunderstand the word diet as 'starve yourself' and that's where it all goes wrong.

"Cut out the classic carbs (wheat, pasta, bread, potatoes, rice etc) cut out refined sugar, cut out cheese and only eat lean meat like steak, chicken and turkey.

I lost over a stone fairly quickly doing this and was able to eat big portions, feel full and also eat out and be catered for. You can even eat a carvery meal by just having loads of veg instead of roasties.

"

I'm doing this, and in 2 weeks I have lost more than 8lbs. (despite a night out and a weekend away at friends) hardly ever felt 'hungry'. also cut out coffee to only one cup a day and drinking more fruit teas instead

I'm doing this, and in 2 weeks I have lost more than 8lbs. (despite a night out and a weekend away at friends) hardly ever felt 'hungry'. also cut out coffee to only one cup a day and drinking more fruit teas instead"

High Protein, medium fat and low carbs is the way to go if you want to lose weight...it is very simple really....

Doesn't apply to me....I am vegetarian and cannot eat Mullerlight as they contain geletime, I struggle with high protein as I do not eat meat, fish or meat replacements. You cannot generalise because your friend loses weight slowly...slowly is the best way to lose weight, it would be criticised if she was losing weight quickly, my friend does it and lost 5 stone last year...."

There is protein in vegetables! Spinach being one that is high... nuts, seeds and cheese...

Losing weight slowly is another misinformation...I have lost 3 st in 7 months...and have just re-educated my body not to crave carbs and sugar....

And who needs to pay to be told how much they weigh?? Surely anyone with half a brain can use a pair of scales..."

very rarely have any syns.....happy with lots of freshly prepared veg and nice salads etc...full after a meal and not craving sweet things!

» Add a new message to this topic