FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Muslims praying at half time at Anfieled

Muslims praying at half time at Anfieled

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aneandpaul OP   Couple  over a year ago

cleveleys

why did they go to the match if they knew they needed to pray

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Does anfield have an east stand

"why did they go to the match if they knew they needed to pray "

How does that make you feel?

Dedication to their team perhaps?

What does it matter?

Maybe it'll help the team!

Because they wanted to watch the football match?

"why did they go to the match if they knew they needed to pray

"

Nah they've just seen Liverpool play before

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

I have suspicions about the authenticity of that picture. I imagine some nob heads might stage something like just to get the sort of attention that this is getting.....

By *erbyDalesCplCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

Where is the story? I was led to believe this was from a few days ago and they were praying in commemoration of the victims of the Hillsborough disaster.

Mr ddc

What's funny is if they'd have been there in the stands hands clasped together praying for our Lord the zombie Jesus to a help them score they'd be held up as true fans.

The pic is genuine, I don't understand the outrage, it's not like any fan has ever prayed for a win for his team before

Where is the story? I was led to believe this was from a few days ago and they were praying in commemoration of the victims of the Hillsborough disaster.

Mr ddc"

No they just nipped into the stair well to say their daily prayers at half time and some my pet took a picture and stuck it on twitter calling them a disgrace.

The main response from people has been to call this idiot out on being a bigot and not really fussed about the guy and his son quietly saying their prayers our of the way at half time.

By *4nc3rCouple  over a year ago

Clacton-On-Sea, Essex

So since when were Muslims not allowed to watch football?

They may have been praying because of their faith or considering this was hillsborough memorial week it may well have been that too.... Either way, does it matter to you? Lol

Bigotry is so last decade.

"So since when were Muslims not allowed to watch football?

They may have been praying because of their faith or considering this was hillsborough memorial week it may well have been that too.... Either way, does it matter to you? Lol "

They said it was because they would have missed the windows to say the prayer if they waited till after the match so just went at half time.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"What's funny is if they'd have been there in the stands hands clasped together praying for our Lord the zombie Jesus to a help them score they'd be held up as true fans.

"

It's all about the type of prayer, obviously!

They are Muslim praying is a way of life they were doing absoloutely no harm to anybody. I don't understand the uproar? Most places have multi faith rooms or spaces available for people to pray.

Derbyshire

Mr ddc

No they just nipped into the stair well to say their daily prayers at half time and some my pet took a picture and stuck it on twitter calling them a disgrace.

The main response from people has been to call this idiot out on being a bigot and not really fussed about the guy and his son quietly saying their prayers our of the way at half time. "

Thanks

My mistake, the story just happened to hit the Torygraph on the same day as the Hillsborough anniversary, so I just assumed it was linked.

Just out of interest, what was the half time score, and did they win?

As a muslim myself i can say there are 5 daily prayers...each prayer has a window if opportunity per say and im guessing the sunset prayer is the one they prayed as the sun sets very quickly so the window is about 30mins...

we are all human and im living proof cos im on here...although i wish i could control my desires...

"As a muslim myself i can say there are 5 daily prayers...each prayer has a window if opportunity per say and im guessing the sunset prayer is the one they prayed as the sun sets very quickly so the window is about 30mins...

we are all human and im living proof cos im on here...although i wish i could control my desires... "

I like how people pick and choose the parts of their religion they're going to follow based on the rules that get in their way

What does it matter?

Maybe it'll help the team! "

They need more then prayers at anfield

As the need to pray comes around 5 times a day it's not likely that all Muslims will avoid doing anything at all as it will clash with praying.

How often are Christians commanded to pray? The good Nuns of the church I know have seven prayers a day:

Office of Readings

Morning Prayer

Mid-morning prayer

Mid-day prayer

Mid-afternoon prayer

Evening prayer

Night Prayer

They still manage to get out and do their community work.

The ordained Buddhists I know do four times a day and still manage to do others things too.

"As a muslim myself i can say there are 5 daily prayers...each prayer has a window if opportunity per say and im guessing the sunset prayer is the one they prayed as the sun sets very quickly so the window is about 30mins...

we are all human and im living proof cos im on here...although i wish i could control my desires...

I like how people pick and choose the parts of their religion they're going to follow based on the rules that get in their way "

As a human we all fall for our desires just like Adam....difference is Adam asked for forgiveness to the Most merciful.....hence why muslims follow Allah...you seriously think a human can be good 100% of the time?

For many their almighty faith is to the god Football. Prayer seems to feature quite a lot.

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

They weren't in anyone's way. They asked security staff if it was ok.

I don't see the problem. And the guy who posted the picture calling them a disgrace needs to take a long look in the mirror..

"They weren't in anyone's way. They asked security staff if it was ok.

I don't see the problem. And the guy who posted the picture calling them a disgrace needs to take a long look in the mirror.. "

Faith in humanity restored

Why can't someone go to a match and pray? Never knew it had become illegal.

Derbyshire

I don't see the problem. And the guy who posted the picture calling them a disgrace needs to take a long look in the mirror.. "

Plus Liverpool FC have stated they will take action against the guy who took the picture and tweeted it.

Kent

I don't see the problem. And the guy who posted the picture calling them a disgrace needs to take a long look in the mirror..

Faith in humanity restored "

It's not even humanity, I dont see how or why anyone with half a brain cell would have an issued with 2 guys quietly doing their thing. It's not like they stomped into the middle of the pitch and rolled out the mats in the middle of the second half!

Kent

Plus Liverpool FC have stated they will take action against the guy who took the picture and tweeted it.

"

Good! He's a fucking bellend!

Exactly right gossipgirl...although to those two guys prayer is more important than a match n if it came to it they would have to roll mats on the pitch if there was no space left on earth lol

By *ogistical NightmaresCouple  over a year ago

Manchester Area

As far as I know it was taken at the Blackburn match last Monday, it had already gone viral before the Hillsborough memorial service. The question is... what is the problem with people following the rules of their faith, we live in a multicultural society and this extends to and is accepted by football fans the length and breadth of the country (unless you occasionally happen to use the Paris metro...... oops me bad)

Kent

"Exactly right gossipgirl...although to those two guys prayer is more important than a match n if it came to it they would have to roll mats on the pitch if there was no space left on earth lol"

Yeah well I think that might of been pushing it!

By *rank_SimoneCouple  over a year ago

Bideford

Would have no problem with anyone wished to pray at start half time or and end of match unless it stopped me getting my beer.

Have no problem with any religion and I will respect their choice as long as they respect mine and don't tell me what I can do or not do.

End of the day they paid their money so as long as its not breaking any club rules they can do what they want.

Plenty go to matches and fall asleep ....... and there are plenty that go to matches and dream full stop.

next up..

filthy muslim eats bacon sarnie..DISGRACE!

I often pray at football matches too!

That might have something to do with my team always fucking shit up though!

By *gNeMan  over a year ago

Harrogate

"

I like how people pick and choose the parts of their religion they're going to follow based on the rules that get in their way "

Are you saying that in order to be religious, one must be a fundamentalist?

By *hekaiserMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"So since when were Muslims not allowed to watch football?

They may have been praying because of their faith or considering this was hillsborough memorial week it may well have been that too.... Either way, does it matter to you? Lol "

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

you're not a Hartlepool supporter are you ?

Really? I'd argue if more people left behind some of the more ludicrous and damaging bits of their religion while living by the positive aspects, they would be much happier.

(Lapsed Catholic keeping to only the good bits of it here.)

Muslims pray 5 times a day. Are they supposed to stay at home forever?

bristol

because they knew there would be half time and they could do it then

I like how people pick and choose the parts of their religion they're going to follow based on the rules that get in their way

As a human we all fall for our desires just like Adam....difference is Adam asked for forgiveness to the Most merciful.....hence why muslims follow Allah...you seriously think a human can be good 100% of the time?"

So are you bad by being on this site?

bristol

In my experience ..there are 2 guaranteed car crash conversations...religion and politics ....we all have opinions on them but they are sometimes best kept personal

"next up..

filthy muslim eats bacon sarnie..DISGRACE!"

Ed Milliband has beaten them to it.

There has been a prayer area for Muslims in the main stand at Upton Park for a few seasons now. Sometimes you get yobs trying to obstruct the prayers but they carry on regardless.

Also the community project at West Ham often distribute free or subsidised tickets to the local mosques to try and get the locals to come and support the team. Tickets are given to the local Christian schools as well. This from a club that it owned by two Jewish gentlemen. They believe in getting the local community involved in the club, and as many of the locals are Muslim they are very welcome at the club.

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

I notice you've been very quiet since starting this thread, care to share your views? Or just lighting the blue touch paper and standing well back?!

Why shouldn't Muslims go to matches be allowed to pray as long as it's out if the way of people? I don't mean it shouldn't be viewed by others, just not in the middle of a gang way.

Are you saying Muslims should not pray at all or that they should not have social lives? Prayer times happen during the working day, should Muslims not be allowed to.pray if they work or should they not work of they wish to pray, after all it could impact on your day....not really sure how but I'm sure some would say it does.

Let them be, it's not like they were trying to radicalise anyone by doing it.

By *tloversCouple  over a year ago

Warrington

[Removed by poster at 17/04/15 21:11:23]

Warrington

Group memorial prayers please for the op who just committed fabicide. ..

bristol

I not sure why they committed 'fabaside' by asking a question .there are many people still in this day and age who live in small communities and this multi cultural living has not hit them yet

By *eanut Butter CupWoman  over a year ago

B & M Bargains

Why did someone feel the need to take a photo and post it on Twitter?

Are you suggesting Muslims need to refrain from anything that might clash with prayers?

Would you rather all Muslims stay at home all day to pray just in case some narrow minded racist takes offence?

Harrogate

"I not sure why they committed 'fabaside' by asking a question .there are many people still in this day and age who live in small communities and this multi cultural living has not hit them yet"

Very true, people on these forums tend to love ganging upon on those whose life experience differs from there own.

It's sad coming from a supposedly liberal, enlightened, and sexually liberated community.

Maybe it was there plan to get a bit of publicity for Islam? And now it's even hit fab.

"There has been a prayer area for Muslims in the main stand at Upton Park for a few seasons now. Sometimes you get yobs trying to obstruct the prayers but they carry on regardless.

Also the community project at West Ham often distribute free or subsidised tickets to the local mosques to try and get the locals to come and support the team. Tickets are given to the local Christian schools as well. This from a club that it owned by two Jewish gentlemen. They believe in getting the local community involved in the club, and as many of the locals are Muslim they are very welcome at the club. "

Are you not going to be faced with a severe shortage of "locals" at your new ground?

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Good. I think it says more about him than two people praying

Why did someone feel the need to take a photo and post it on Twitter?

Are you suggesting Muslims need to refrain from anything that might clash with prayers?

Would you rather all Muslims stay at home all day to pray just in case some narrow minded racist takes offence?"

For some people, Twitter has become their religion.

"Why can't someone go to a match and pray? Never knew it had become illegal."

It feels more like they're going for the imorral rather than illigal angle from what I can gather on this thread.....

Still sounds like bullshit though

Who see's that and thinks

'imagine the headline! TWO MEN PRAY AT FOOTBALL!

yes.....I must take a photo!'

Dick.

"I not sure why they committed 'fabaside' by asking a question .there are many people still in this day and age who live in small communities and this multi cultural living has not hit them yet"

Somehow swinging has.

"I not sure why they committed 'fabaside' by asking a question .there are many people still in this day and age who live in small communities and this multi cultural living has not hit them yet

Somehow swinging has."

Aaaaand we all know how open minded some are here!

am I the only one who couldn't care xD

By *layfull pairingCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

As a lifelong bristol city fan i have often prayed at matches....to any god that might listen...be he christian, muslim or any other . . No bugger ever listened

Mental, I'm more disgusted at the bacon sarnie comment...

Didn't even mention the HP sauce...

,that is one messed up individual

As a human we all fall for our desires just like Adam....difference is Adam asked for forgiveness to the Most merciful.....hence why muslims follow Allah...you seriously think a human can be good 100% of the time?"

In terms of mistakes and evils to make fucking around is one of the easier sins to avoid.

Penalty for adultery is death isn't it?

Didn't know there was a get out clause if you prayed.

"There has been a prayer area for Muslims in the main stand at Upton Park for a few seasons now. Sometimes you get yobs trying to obstruct the prayers but they carry on regardless.

Also the community project at West Ham often distribute free or subsidised tickets to the local mosques to try and get the locals to come and support the team. Tickets are given to the local Christian schools as well. This from a club that it owned by two Jewish gentlemen. They believe in getting the local community involved in the club, and as many of the locals are Muslim they are very welcome at the club.

Are you not going to be faced with a severe shortage of "locals" at your new ground? "

No , Stratford is still local to Upton Park and is still well within the West Ham catchment area. In fact they are not even changing boroughs.

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

"

As a human we all fall for our desires just like Adam...."

Hey......you leave me out of this

"I not sure why they committed 'fabaside' by asking a question .there are many people still in this day and age who live in small communities and this multi cultural living has not hit them yet

Somehow swinging has.

Aaaaand we all know how open minded some are here!

"

Do you need to be that open-minded to let someone with pretty traditional views pray when they need to?

They're just living their lives.

Are you not going to be faced with a severe shortage of "locals" at your new ground?

No , Stratford is still local to Upton Park and is still well within the West Ham catchment area. In fact they are not even changing boroughs. "

I don't give a toss if the new ground is half empty we got to rub the Yddos (PC) and Barry " I am a God" Hearns Nose in it

Gimp

I heard most of the Liverpool fans had no problem with these guys praying.it was just the few odd twats that you get in all cultures and walks of life that were outraged

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"As a lifelong bristol city fan i have often prayed at matches....to any god that might listen...be he christian, muslim or any other . . No bugger ever listened "
seems to have this season well done best team we have seen at boundary park this season congrats on the promotion

By *dam and slutCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

Oiiii don't bring me into this debate...and l seek no forgiveness...

Kent

"I heard most of the Liverpool fans had no problem with these guys praying.it was just the few odd twats that you get in all cultures and walks of life that were outraged"

I expect most of them had no idea it was even happening until the idiot that took the photo posted it on Twitter..

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

My issue how the hell did they get a prayer mat in to anfield and obstructing a stairwell (health and safety)

At my ground pretty much nothing is allowed in to the ground iPads and bottle of pop being one of them.

How I would feel if I saw to Muslim guys praying at ot. I would be respectful at the time but I would write to the club to enquire about it. The stewards may have said it is ok, but what about those people that may have been offended by seeing it.

I have no problem with a multi faith room, and my organisation has one. What I have an issue about is surly the guys knew it was prayer time. What's more important prayers or football.

Kent

"My issue how the hell did they get a prayer mat in to anfield and obstructing a stairwell (health and safety)

At my ground pretty much nothing is allowed in to the ground iPads and bottle of pop being one of them.

How I would feel if I saw to Muslim guys praying at ot. I would be respectful at the time but I would write to the club to enquire about it. The stewards may have said it is ok, but what about those people that may have been offended by seeing it.

I have no problem with a multi faith room, and my organisation has one. What I have an issue about is surly the guys knew it was prayer time. What's more important prayers or football. "

The people that may of been offended by it?? Why would anyone be offended by it? I've seen people sat in Costa reading the bible would that be offensive? No.. They aren't in anyone's way. They asked, the stewards said it was fine, they weren't obstructing anything. They caused no problem to anyone at all. Most people wouldn't even of been aware of it until the guy posted the picture.

Try living in Glasgow

Religion, Politics and Football are one mighty huge powder keg.

Unfortunately since football began up here it and religion go hand in hand and is the cause of many a murder in the city's streets on derby day.

I don't even mean Christian/Islam/Judea or whatever religions either. I mean the simple difference of being a Protestant or a Catholic in this City can be the difference of life and death on derby day

I am a practicing Buddhist and meditate 3 times per day none of which clash with a 3pm kick off and do not at any given time let life or mindless bigots stop me.

Life is for living not for getting caught up in mindless bickering and fighting over my God is better than yours or my suntan is darker than yours.

We have a saying North of the Border "We are aw Jock Tamsons Bairns" ie we are all fundamentally the same children under the sky regardless of colour, creed or religion

Life is hard enough without bickering about two guys giving thanks to Allah at a football match

"Try living in Glasgow

Unfortunately since football began up here it and religion go hand in hand and is the cause of many a murder in the city's streets on derby day.

I don't even mean Christian/Islam/Judea or whatever religions either. I mean the simple difference of being a Protestant or a Catholic in this City can be the difference of life and death on derby day

I am a practicing Buddhist and meditate 3 times per day none of which clash with a 3pm kick off and do not at any given time let life or mindless bigots stop me.

Life is for living not for getting caught up in mindless bickering and fighting over my God is better than yours or my suntan is darker than yours.

We have a saying North of the Border "We are aw Jock Tamsons Bairns" ie we are all fundamentally the same children under the sky regardless of colour, creed or religion

Life is hard enough without bickering about two guys giving thanks to Allah at a football match "

this

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"Try living in Glasgow

"

I can remember hearing Frankie Boyle talking about taking someone to a match and him getting a crash course in Scottish history and sectarianism.

"Mental, I'm more disgusted at the bacon sarnie comment...

,that is one messed up individual"

rather have french mustard

This.

,that is one messed up individual"

Heathen you should be burnt at the stake Tommy ketchup all the way!!!

Seriously though I don't care what religion you are or how strict. I'm an atheist who has taken the time to learn at least something about other religions. I follow the wiccan mantra of do on to others as you'd wish done to yourself. I think the situation with Muslims is akin to the paranoia in the 50's-60's that America had towards communism.

The sooner the 3 big religion realise the all follow the same God just different teachings the sooner perhaps we can on get on together.

One more thing Fab would be pretty empty if everyone stuck to their faiths so no reason to call out an individual because of theirs.

I think it's a really powerful image that shows multiculturalism in a positive way. Sadly too many people just see Muslims and desperately look for a reason to be angry and offended.

Really don't see the problem. You could say the same about going to work, school, the gym, the cinema, Alton Towers etc

Their belief is strong, and they need to get it around their life. Not hurting anyone.

evesham

"My issue how the hell did they get a prayer mat in to anfield and obstructing a stairwell (health and safety)

I have no problem with a multi faith room, and my organisation has one. What I have an issue about is surly the guys knew it was prayer time. What's more important prayers or football. "

What possible health and safety issues does a prayer mat cause?! It can be unrolled for searching prior to entry into the ground and is hardly going to cause much damage to anyone is it. Typical 'think about the children!!!' response!

IPads....why the fuck would anyone want to take one of those to a football ground? The risk of it getting stolen or broken is quite high. Bottles of pop are sold on site so I'd guess that explains part of why they aren't allowed. The other being the delightful 'fans' that fill the empty bottles with piss and throw them about or use the bottle tops as missiles to throw and the players...how they claim to be a fan of the game I will never understand.

Would you be offended by a Catholic using rosary beads in the stands to pray? By Christians clasping their hands with beads bowed in prayer? What is it that is so offensive about Muslims saying prayer that you would feel the need to write to the club?

Health and safety and writing to the ground!!!! I bet your great fun at parties

"Try living in Glasgow

Life is hard enough without bickering about two guys giving thanks to Allah at a football match "

Aww my ex mother in law says that saying about Jock Tamson.

Who really cares about people praying. I couldn't care less. More important things in the world to worry about.

Offended by seeing someone praying ?

What sort of a sheltered upbringing have you had ?

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"I don't like Muslims so I'll pretend this thread is about anything but that."

By *earboynottinghamMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

This is just a symptom of the gradual islamification ok the UK.

By *eithoWoman  over a year ago

Chatham

"

Nottingham

"This is just a symptom of the gradual islamification ok the UK."

Of*

Well no it's not is it?

what utter pish

Nottingham

"This is just a symptom of the gradual islamification ok the UK.

what utter pish"

If you are so devoted to islam that you can't refrain from praying for 90 minutes or so then a football match is not a suitable place for you.

Alcohol, pork products and gambling everywhere.

what utter pish

If you are so devoted to islam that you can't refrain from praying for 90 minutes or so then a football match is not a suitable place for you.

"

So that's why I never see Muslims in the supermarket. I did wonder.

what utter pish

So that's why I never see Muslims in the supermarket. I did wonder."

Lol..touché

Why are so many so called liberated people afraid of other people's belief systems?

Someone praying would probably be the LEAST offensive thing you could see at a football match up here. I'm a whole lot more offended by Mike Ashley's face.

Really, who gives a fuck? It's not like the whole match was suspended until they'd finished.

what utter pish

"

Surely they are better placed to make that decision than you are?

what utter pish

"

so two people practicing their faith(in their faiths style,mean its islamification of britain?...

lets say you are clutching...at dangleberries

Nottingham

what utter pish

so two people practicing their faith(in their faiths style,mean its islamification of britain?...

lets say you are clutching...at dangleberries"

No.

Most people in the UK are thankfully moving away from religion whilst some are moving towards it, we must discourage religion being part of daily life.

By *ouplekinkCouple  over a year ago

kink town

" we must discourage religion being part of daily life.

"

Why?

Nottingham

what utter pish

lets say you are clutching...at dangleberries"

As I said that in itself is not islamification but is a symptom of a wider islamification of the UK.

what utter pish

No.

Most people in the UK are thankfully moving away from religion whilst some are moving towards it, we must discourage religion being part of daily life.

"

and become fascists?

evesham

what utter pish

No.

"

Why must we? Surely discouraging ignorance and promoting acceptance is they way forward. They were not.hiring anybody, they were not radicalising everybody, they were just living their life in a different way to you.

Nottingham

what utter pish

No.

and become fascists?"

The face of fascism in 2015 is islam.

evesham

what utter pish

"

Yoi clearly know nothing of the religion you are talking about.

Nottingham

what utter pish

No.

Why must we? Surely discouraging ignorance and promoting acceptance is they way forward. They were not.hiring anybody, they were not radicalising everybody, they were just living their life in a different way to you. "

Acceptance and tolerance is a two way street though, why would I tolerate and accept a religion which doesn't tolerate or accept all people?

what utter pish

No.

"

Why must we? And is that all religions or just Islam?

Nottingham

what utter pish

Yoi clearly know nothing of the religion you are talking about. "

If it makes you fell better to believe that then so be it.

what utter pish

No.

and become fascists?

The face of fascism in 2015 is islam.

"

Can you expand on that - I'm not quite getting what you mean

Nottingham

what utter pish

No.

Why must we? And is that all religions or just Islam? "

All religion of course.

evesham

what utter pish

No.

Why must we? Surely discouraging ignorance and promoting acceptance is they way forward. They were not.hiring anybody, they were not radicalising everybody, they were just living their life in a different way to you.

Acceptance and tolerance is a two way street though, why would I tolerate and accept a religion which doesn't tolerate or accept all people? "

Who do they not tolerate? Or are you basing your knowledge of.islam om the extremists that are widely denounced by the wider Islamic communities?

evesham

what utter pish

Yoi clearly know nothing of the religion you are talking about.

If it makes you fell better to believe that then so be it."

Its not a statement to make me feel anything, just how you come across.

what utter pish

No.

Acceptance and tolerance is a two way street though, why would I tolerate and accept a religion which doesn't tolerate or accept all people? "

But you don't accept or tolerate it. You've just said it should be discouraged.

what utter pish

No.

Why must we? And is that all religions or just Islam?

All religion of course.

"

Why?

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Yayyy! You get todays prize for the least educated post on Fab. Congratulations

what utter pish

No.

can you please please stop talking utter pish about a whole religion, and stop confusing it with fundamentalists.

I have no religion, I dont like many religious views...but I cant stand listening to shit talking misguided people....of any religion or non-religion.

Nottingham

what utter pish

No.

Acceptance and tolerance is a two way street though, why would I tolerate and accept a religion which doesn't tolerate or accept all people?

Who do they not tolerate? Or are you basing your knowledge of.islam om the extremists that are widely denounced by the wider Islamic communities?"

I thought you said I came across as though I knew nothing about islam?

That's what you're now doing, if you know anything about islam you'll know who they don't tolerate

Nottingham

what utter pish

No.

can you please please stop talking utter pish about a whole religion, and stop confusing it with fundamentalists.

I have no religion, I dont like many religious views...but I cant stand listening to shit talking misguided people....of any religion or non-religion."

Listen pal.

I can say you're talking shit just as easily as you can say it about me.

This is my opinion and no matter how many times you use the word 'pish' it will not change.

Interestingly I did actually think like you at one stage but that was naivety.

evesham

what utter pish

No.

Who do they not tolerate? Or are you basing your knowledge of.islam om the extremists that are widely denounced by the wider Islamic communities?

That's what you're now doing, if you know anything about islam you'll know who they don't tolerate"

Haha thanks for proving my point! Can't answer the question so deflect your lack of knowledge on to me....brilliant!

I know many Muslims, work with a few and they are very tolerant, just get on with their lives and let others do the same. Same. As people I know if other faiths.

Ithink every fan at football have prayed for a late equalizer

Nottingham

what utter pish

No.

That's what you're now doing, if you know anything about islam you'll know who they don't tolerate

Haha thanks for proving my point! Can't answer the question so deflect your lack of knowledge on to me....brilliant!

I know many Muslims, work with a few and they are very tolerant, just get on with their lives and let others do the same. Same. As people I know if other faiths. "

Do they tolerate those who wish to convert to another religion?

what utter pish

If you are so devoted to islam that you can't refrain from paying for 90 minutes or so then a football match is not a suitable place for you.

No.

That's what you're now doing, if you know anything about islam you'll know who they don't tolerate"

Who don't they tolerate? And as you have said you want all religion discouraged does that make you more or less tolerant than them?

Juanfield

what utter pish

No.

I know many Muslims, work with a few and they are very tolerant, just get on with their lives and let others do the same. Same. As people I know if other faiths.

"

I thought that was the Jehovah Witnesses?

By *ouplekinkCouple  over a year ago

kink town

"

Interestingly I did actually think like you at one stage but that was naivety."

Oh dear, think it's pretty obvious how your head has been turned, Britain First member are you?

Nottingham

Bored now.

Bye

what utter pish

No.

I have no religion, I dont like many religious views...but I cant stand listening to shit talking misguided people....of any religion or non-religion.

Listen pal.

I can say you're talking shit just as easily as you can say it about me.

This is my opinion and no matter how many times you use the word 'pish' it will not change.

Interestingly I did actually think like you at one stage but that was naivety."

How can I be naive when I know muslims...who appear to tolerate me..because I dont interfere with their faith and they dont interfere with my non-faith?- we get along fine.

again, your saying every follower of islam is somehow on a crusade to undermine western culture...thats fucking naivety and just plain stupidity.

"Bored now.

Bye"

thank fuck.

By *randub69Man  over a year ago

city

Lots of supporters pray at football matches. ...I've seen football players bless them selves and pray during games.

By *allipygousMan  over a year ago

Leicester

"Nothing in the world in more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity"

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr

By *44bertCouple  over a year ago

Inverness

Can you give some examples of how Britain is becoming 'Islamified'?

By *44bertCouple  over a year ago

Inverness

"Bored now.

Bye

thank fuck."

Yup.

Translation: you're demanding facts and I do not have any.

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

"Bored now.

Bye"

Thinking is so taxing, isn't it?

Kent

what utter pish

No.

"

Oh I know it's only april and im not religious in the slightest but this wins stupid statement of the year award so far!!

its even worse..I've just read from a reliable source that muslims(mostly taliban isis ones) have paid liverpool fc to use the grounds at weekends for prayers.

via facebook probably

"its even worse..I've just read from a reliable source that muslims(mostly taliban isis ones) have paid liverpool fc to use the grounds at weekends for prayers.

via facebook probably "

Well the first uk mosque was in Liverpool a couple of years before Liverpool fc was formed maybe they were founding members

Wonder if he was catholic by any chance

what utter pish

No.

"

Those praying at the match tolerated another forty thousand people not praying.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

How did I know the thread would turn how it did...

"its even worse..I've just read from a reliable source that muslims(mostly taliban isis ones) have paid liverpool fc to use the grounds at weekends for prayers.

via facebook probably

Well the first uk mosque was in Liverpool a couple of years before Liverpool fc was formed maybe they were founding members "

Abdul played on the left wing and Hussain was one of the best goalkeepers you'll ever see

what utter pish

No.

Those praying at the match tolerated another forty thousand people not praying. "

Bloody hell.

#facepalm

Forum Mod

O o O oo

via facebook probably

Well the first uk mosque was in Liverpool a couple of years before Liverpool fc was formed maybe they were founding members "

It was in Woking

All this fuss over two chaps praying. Come to Upton Park and you'll see over fifty Muslims praying, sometimes more.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

via facebook probably

Well the first uk mosque was in Liverpool a couple of years before Liverpool fc was formed maybe they were founding members

It was in Woking"

Although just found another report of it being the first in Liverpool too, in a house which has just reopened as a Mosque.

I wonder which one is going to claim to be first now

I don't get why Muslims doing something always causes an uproar. It's just surreal.

Are people really that scared? Or are they just paranoid?

"I don't get why Muslims doing something always causes an uproar. It's just surreal.

"

Thick is the word you're looking for.

via facebook probably

It was in Woking"

Woking was the second Mosque in the UK but the first purpose built

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I don't get why Muslims doing something always causes an uproar. It's just surreal.

"

I am guessing a bit of both and a lot of ignorance thrown in.

To call praying a disgrace is a disgrace in itself and for this I think it was done to try and whip up hysteria just because of a mans faith.

To the comment of maybe someone was offended....I would say tough, there are more things you could be offended about in life than someone praying.

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

"Bloody hell.

#facepalm

"

My thoughts exactly.

Warrington

Kevin bridges once said a line which was brilliant. .no such thing as racism...only a condition known as 'thickasfuckism'

Can you give some examples of how Britain is becoming 'Islamified'? "

erm.....the war on binge drinking is islamic

womens right to vote around 50-60 years ago is islamic

The nhs is islamic

charity is islamic

everything morally good is endorsed by islam

the term lost in translation comes to mind islam just means peace anything else is just media garbage to blind you from the truth.....which is you gotta choose either cameron or miliband or in other words the majority rules over minority...What if the majority in the uk were axe murderers?

Harrogate

The bigots complaining about bigotry have murdered yah mate haha. Anyway you've made reasonable points, some people will defend their received opinions to the death.

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

A few years back I was driving through the Brecon Beacons on my way to a meeting.

I passed a layby and a Muslim BT Engineer was praying with the mountains providing a gorgeous backdrop.

There was something very touching about it and would have made a great photo (though it would have felt wrong to intrude on the moment, of course).

I live around and work with a number of Muslims. Lovely people (who, incidentally, have a visceral loathing for those at the extremist end of the spectrum).

Ever so slightly off topic but.......

does anyone want a game of 'spot the Ukipper'?

By *hortieWoman  over a year ago

Northampton

I havent read the whole thread, butttt...

Did they win?

And if so, where can I book these guys for the Arsenal v Chelski game next sunday? (COYG)!!!

Harrogate

"Ever so slightly off topic but.......

does anyone want a game of 'spot the Ukipper'? "

Islamification guy?

Islamification guy?"

That really doesn't sound like the same game!

Harrogate

Islamification guy?

That really doesn't sound like the same game! "

Eh?

Like we really care about them.

Why do these threads always have a person where there is no photos of them.It beggars belief.

"Why do these threads always have a person where there is no photos of them.It beggars belief."

Unless the OP is wearing a burqa of course......... but then again ......

"The stewards may have said it is ok, but what about those people that may have been offended by seeing it. "

I do assume that you write to the club every time you attend to enquire about why racism, homophobia and sexism is allowed to be rampant both within the stands and within the structure of the sport of Football?

After all, I assume if you're going to worry about someone being offended by two people praying, then you must worry about people being offended by the bigger issues as well.

"

Pops?

By *verysmileMan  over a year ago

CANTERBURY

Blimey. ...just read elements of this thread. Prayers at a game? I'll remember that when I next sing "Abide With Me" at a cup final. Stupid attempt to raise the race issue again. If you buy a ticket, you should be able to do anything within the law and rules of the ground. We are a free society.....although some folks seem to want us back in the dark ages of restrictions and bigotry.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

this..

in Lancashire

what utter pish

No.

"

your opening post is complete tripe..

what we must discourage is ignorance, bigots and small minded people who tend to only focus on the minority of bad in all aspects, types of people and walks of life etc etc..

lets discourage driving as some do so like idiots and kill themselves and others..?

not logical as is your discourage religion..

lets live and let live eh..?

By *U1966Man  over a year ago

Devon

It did no harm but the coverage is over the top i have been known to ask God for some intervention when Liverpool needed it

By *dam and slutCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

,that is one messed up individual

Heathen you should be burnt at the stake Tommy ketchup all the way!!!

Seriously though I don't care what religion you are or how strict. I'm an atheist who has taken the time to learn at least something about other religions. I follow the wiccan mantra of do on to others as you'd wish done to yourself. I think the situation with Muslims is akin to the paranoia in the 50's-60's that America had towards communism.

The sooner the 3 big religion realise the all follow the same God just different teachings the sooner perhaps we can on get on together.

One more thing Fab would be pretty empty if everyone stuck to their faiths so no reason to call out an individual because of theirs."

Re Tomato Ketchup on chips...l will tell you what's heathen...Gravy on chips...burn baby burn

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

Pops? "

Was that Pops? Oh please, I hope this wasn't the final straw for him, he's been very quiet lately.

Jesus there are some small minded people about

in Lancashire

"Jesus there are some small minded people about "

yes but they are in the minority and its good to see that others will attempt to inform or when needed to challenge their views..

"Jesus there are some small minded people about

yes but they are in the minority and its good to see that others will attempt to inform or when needed to challenge their views.."

And that's good that people are being challenged regarding it.