FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The word hun

The word hun

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So how many women actually use the word Hun when messaging people. We tend to use it as a filter for men pretending to be women. As it seems like a word fake women use all the time. Maybe it's a local word some people do use . But I never use it and none of my friends use it .

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

I do....

And yes, I am the female speaking lol. I also use 'chuck' and 'hunny' and 'ladybird'

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"So how many women actually use the word Hun when messaging people. We tend to use it as a filter for men pretending to be women. As it seems like a word fake women use all the time. Maybe it's a local word some people do use . But I never use it and none of my friends use it . "

I never use it. I've had supermarket assistants use it.

I laughed when you said fake profiles use it as I believe that too ! It's so obvious when a man speaks in cliched women talk.

Some talk to you like that when they think it will attract you like a kitten too........... hilarious.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

And so do I (female)....all the time!

"So how many women actually use the word Hun when messaging people. We tend to use it as a filter for men pretending to be women. As it seems like a word fake women use all the time. Maybe it's a local word some people do use . But I never use it and none of my friends use it . "

I really don't like the word Hun it grates on me

Obviously I'm no women.....

But whenever I receive messages calling me Hun or Babe etc, of which 99.9% come from guys...... I fucking cringe......

Filthy Fuckeryville

"So how many women actually use the word Hun when messaging people. We tend to use it as a filter for men pretending to be women. As it seems like a word fake women use all the time. Maybe it's a local word some people do use . But I never use it and none of my friends use it .

I laughed when you said fake profiles use it as I believe that too ! It's so obvious when a man speaks in cliched women talk.

Some talk to you like that when they think it will attract you like a kitten too........... hilarious."

For me it's just a mild term of endearment to use when I don't know someone's name.....

I use it as a filter too. And 'babe'.

"So how many women actually use the word Hun when messaging people. We tend to use it as a filter for men pretending to be women. As it seems like a word fake women use all the time. Maybe it's a local word some people do use . But I never use it and none of my friends use it .

I really don't like the word Hun it grates on me "

Filthy Fuckeryville

"And so do I (female)....all the time!"

Thank fook for that, I was starting to feel a twat!!

Forum Mod

Its a word that is used a lot among the people I know and work with

I use it sometimes with those I know who use it themselves as a term of endearment,I wouldn't use it with people I don't know

On here I wouldn't think someone was fake for using it

I have noticed that TVs who message me use it a lot

Some women do use it but i always felt it looked fake and/or patronising when they said it, the word hun in itself just seems like a word that was invented when people are after something or sucking up - men do tend to use it for that reason, women usually use it for friends but it still seems weird to me because of how i originally heard it.

I never use the word, i never send kisses to people i wanna fuck either.

I hate the word Hun. I hate hearing it, reading it and most of all...being called hun!

Makes me wanna gouge my eyes out!

By *riskynriskyCouple  over a year ago

Essex.

Frisky occasionally uses it but to me it sounds false...

Don't tell her I said that...

Oh shit, I use hun, only been using it since I started being a cyberperv I will stop at once

By *ustcutieWoman  over a year ago

edinburgh

I use it

Detest it

King's Crustacean

Some talk to you like that when they think it will attract you like a kitten too........... hilarious.

For me it's just a mild term of endearment to use when I don't know someone's name....."

From some it's not offensive. It seems quite natural. From others it's cringeworthy.

We're all different. I'd never EVER use it to someone I don't know or any other term of 'endearment' as those are supposedly for people you love or are very attached to like your children.

By *ingle Beds LassWoman  over a year ago

Bedfordshire

This

I don't call people Hun except for my mate Attila who insists on being called it!!

By *omethingSoGoodAboutSofiaWoman  over a year ago

Blackburn/Preston

Neither do I hun!!! I can't stand it, it doesn't have the same effect that lol has on me but it's getting there...I hear it from women and men all the time and it makes me cringe...but then I call everyone dude!!!! I'd rather be a dude than a hun...ps it makes sense in my head!!! Hahaha!

King's Crustacean

"I hate the word Hun. I hate hearing it, reading it and most of all...being called hun!

Makes me wanna gouge my eyes out! "

I'm loathe to admit it but this comes closest to how I feel when people speak to me in that way ..... HUN .... Only over the last decade that i've not retaliated with spit and venom. ......... HATE IT

King's Crustacean

guys! I don't like people referring to 'you guys' 'us guys' .........

My daughter does it ..... I smile...... or is it grimace

By *ythenshawefredMan  over a year ago

stockport

I worked for many years in bars so got very used to saying 'yes love/chick/pet?' to women and 'yes mate/fella/dude?' To guys when you've no idea of their names and simply don't have time to say 'good evening sir/madam, what beverage might I serve you with?' So the use of informal names has stuck generally until I learn somebodies name

Hate me for it or not it's just honest

Filthy Fuckeryville

For me it's just a mild term of endearment to use when I don't know someone's name.....

From some it's not offensive. It seems quite natural. From others it's cringeworthy.

We're all different. I'd never EVER use it to someone I don't know or any other term of 'endearment' as those are supposedly for people you love or are very attached to like your children.

"

Ok chick.... JOKE!!!!!

Blackburn/Preston

"Some women do use it but i always felt it looked fake and/or patronising when they said it, the word hun in itself just seems like a word that was invented when people are after something or sucking up - men do tend to use it for that reason, women usually use it for friends but it still seems weird to me because of how i originally heard it.

"

I never send kisses either! Only time I do is when I'm feeling shit or the person I'm messaging is...more of a virtual hug thing for me!

People from the area I live use hun to speak to anyone all the time. My sister and bro in law say duck.

"guys! I don't like people referring to 'you guys' 'us guys' .........

My daughter does it ..... I smile...... or is it grimace"

Yeah I'm with you Gwanny,,,,,, them blokes who say you blokes give the rest of us blokes a bad press...init... eh!

Blackburn/Preston

"I hate the word Hun. I hate hearing it, reading it and most of all...being called hun!

Don't lose one of your senses for a word hun, it's not worth it!!! Hahaha!

could get you in a spot of bother using that word in glasgow

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

I never in my life used it until my hairdresser went freelance and we started texting to arrange appointments, and she always used it lol! Now I use it all the time, and babe, to 'guys' I have only just started talking to and dear friends alike.

Ah what the heck, sue me....I just find them really useful in a sentence structure, same as the dreaded 'lol' which I use all the time because I DO actually laugh that much! (as those who exchange whatsapp voice notes with me will confirm!)

Life's too short to worry about such things....

Think it sounds odd from a bloke

Don't lose one of your senses for a word hun, it's not worth it!!! Hahaha!"

Grrrrrrrr

I fear we can't be friends after that!

"could get you in a spot of bother using that word in glasgow"

I bet it's not popular in the blue half.

Hi hun X

"Some women do use it but i always felt it looked fake and/or patronising when they said it, the word hun in itself just seems like a word that was invented when people are after something or sucking up - men do tend to use it for that reason, women usually use it for friends but it still seems weird to me because of how i originally heard it.

I never send kisses either! Only time I do is when I'm feeling shit or the person I'm messaging is...more of a virtual hug thing for me!"

All men seem to do it though.

Sometimes the message is only kisses and i just look at it and think why would they do that?

Blackburn/Preston

Grrrrrrrr

I fear we can't be friends after that! "

Did you mean just friends or friends with benefits?!? For the latter, I could quite easily take my 'hun' back and be the best of friends with you!!!...if you meant just friends...it's fine Hun, don't worry about it!!! Hahaha!

Grrrrrrrr

Did you mean just friends or friends with benefits?!? For the latter, I could quite easily take my 'hun' back and be the best of friends with you!!!...if you meant just friends...it's fine Hun, don't worry about it!!! Hahaha! "

Hahaha! cheeky!!

Pops off to gouge her eyes out!

Blackburn/Preston

Grrrrrrrr

Did you mean just friends or friends with benefits?!? For the latter, I could quite easily take my 'hun' back and be the best of friends with you!!!...if you meant just friends...it's fine Hun, don't worry about it!!! Hahaha! "

Aaannnddd I've done it again, you're bloody straight...we can never be friends I'm afraid because of your sexuality...I can't be friends with someone I think is hot...what'll happen is, you'll give in to my persistence and charm and then blame me for turning you when you've lost all love for men...I can see the future Hun, it'll end up badly between us!!! Hahaha!

Ive always called friends ive spoke to hunni since i was at school it must just be the scottish in me. no harm whatsoever could say the same for word love once had an ex work coleague by throat on my first day of new job for calling me love didnt go down too well everone to thier own

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Hun has a very different and very unpleasant meaning in sectarian parts of the west of Scotland.

Okay hun

"Hun has a very different and very unpleasant meaning in sectarian parts of the west of Scotland."

indeedy, btw im a girly bhoy

Blackburn/Preston

I never send kisses either! Only time I do is when I'm feeling shit or the person I'm messaging is...more of a virtual hug thing for me!

All men seem to do it though.

Sometimes the message is only kisses and i just look at it and think why would they do that?"

Maybe it's your username...maybe, just maybe, they actually have a read of your username is and think, hmmmm she's an affectionate bitch, if I send kisses and show her I'm affectionate too, she'll fall for it and it'll bag me a fuck?!? This is more relevant to the conspiracy thread!!! Ps half my brain is male therefore I KNOW that's the reason they do it!!! haha!

King's Crustacean

"Hun has a very different and very unpleasant meaning in sectarian parts of the west of Scotland."

what does it mean

I don't like it? or babe or princess cringy.

I use it all the time, along with darlin' presious . Tulip. Only time I've stopped myself was with the German barister .. I worried she thought I was using it like the queenie mum. As in THE Hun

Grrrrrrrr

Did you mean just friends or friends with benefits?!? For the latter, I could quite easily take my 'hun' back and be the best of friends with you!!!...if you meant just friends...it's fine Hun, don't worry about it!!! Hahaha!

Aaannnddd I've done it again, you're bloody straight...we can never be friends I'm afraid because of your sexuality...I can't be friends with someone I think is hot...what'll happen is, you'll give in to my persistence and charm and then blame me for turning you when you've lost all love for men...I can see the future Hun, it'll end up badly between us!!! Hahaha! "

I've been swayed to "the other side" a few times!

"Maybe it's your username...maybe, just maybe, they actually have a read of your username is and think, hmmmm she's an affectionate bitch, if I send kisses and show her I'm affectionate too, she'll fall for it and it'll bag me a fuck?!? This is more relevant to the conspiracy thread!!! Ps half my brain is male therefore I KNOW that's the reason they do it!!! haha!"

Lol, maybe it is my name, have changed it twice but still got kisses. Gonna change it to stop_sending_me_kisses next time, or don't_call_me_hun.

King's Crustacean

"I don't like it? or babe or princess cringy. "

Who calls you princess Cringy ?

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"I don't like it? or babe or princess cringy.

Who calls you princess Cringy ?"

Yea, I wouldn't like that at all......

How about "chickadee", if its done with a fairly good WC Fields impression?

Blackburn/Preston

Grrrrrrrr

Aaannnddd I've done it again, you're bloody straight...we can never be friends I'm afraid because of your sexuality...I can't be friends with someone I think is hot...what'll happen is, you'll give in to my persistence and charm and then blame me for turning you when you've lost all love for men...I can see the future Hun, it'll end up badly between us!!! Hahaha!

I've been swayed to "the other side" a few times! "

I sense some swaying going on right now hun, you completely ignored or didn't notice the use of the word you despise in my last comment...you just read 'turning you'...you big floozy, you! Ps I take everything back, not just my use of the shitty word hun but all my words...friends?!?

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

We do that all the time

Grrrrrrrr

I sense some swaying going on right now hun, you completely ignored or didn't notice the use of the word you despise in my last comment...you just read 'turning you'...you big floozy, you! Ps I take everything back, not just my use of the shitty word hun but all my words...friends?!? "

Only if you promise to stop using that f/ing word!!!!!!

Ohhh bollox, feckity crap, guilty as charged!

guess I'll have to take my punishment like a good little huni!

"Ohhh bollox, feckity crap, guilty as charged!

guess I'll have to take my punishment like a good little huni! "

*whistles innocently*

By *ickawitchCouple  over a year ago

Away with the fairies (Liverpool to you)

"I do....

And yes, I am the female speaking lol. I also use 'chuck' and 'hunny' and 'ladybird' "

Awwww ladybird is so cute

Blackburn/Preston

"Maybe it's your username...maybe, just maybe, they actually have a read of your username is and think, hmmmm she's an affectionate bitch, if I send kisses and show her I'm affectionate too, she'll fall for it and it'll bag me a fuck?!? This is more relevant to the conspiracy thread!!! Ps half my brain is male therefore I KNOW that's the reason they do it!!! haha!

Lol, maybe it is my name, have changed it twice but still got kisses. Gonna change it to stop_sending_me_kisses next time, or don't_call_me_hun."

That won't work, you'll get the ones that will try and use the piss her off, say it's a joke and then reel her in method...ie a message reading 'hey hun xxx', follow up with the fact that it was said in jest, that they were only kidding, slag off all other men that do the same, ask you how you and how days been etc, at this point hoping that you'll reply which you may well do cos you'll think they're genuine! God I think like such a perceptive, cynical twat for a nice person!!!! Hahaha!!!

Blackburn/Preston

Grrrrrrrr

I sense some swaying going on right now hun, you completely ignored or didn't notice the use of the word you despise in my last comment...you just read 'turning you'...you big floozy, you! Ps I take everything back, not just my use of the shitty word hun but all my words...friends?!?

Only if you promise to stop using that f/ing word!!!!!! "

Okay hun, I promise not to use the word fucking! Will shagging do?! Bonking perhaps?! Hahahaha!!!

*whistles innocently* "

Innocent erm

Hun, sweet pea, sugar tits.. Guess I'll have to take my punishment and suck it up I'm soooo dead

"I do....

And yes, I am the female speaking lol. I also use 'chuck' and 'hunny' and 'ladybird'

Awwww ladybird is so cute "

Ladybird! Really am peeing here..

Blackburn/Preston

*whistles innocently* "

Think I'm going to have to seriously unfriend you Debs, which will break my heart and make me lose faith in ever finding a bi fem as fucking fantastically good as you are...I thought we were friends now? I only ever get called a cunt by you...never hun...I'm deeply offended...

*whistles innocently*

Think I'm going to have to seriously unfriend you Debs, which will break my heart and make me lose faith in ever finding a bi fem as fucking fantastically good as you are...I thought we were friends now? I only ever get called a cunt by you...never hun...I'm deeply offended... "

You are a cunt

Blackburn/Preston

*whistles innocently*

Think I'm going to have to seriously unfriend you Debs, which will break my heart and make me lose faith in ever finding a bi fem as fucking fantastically good as you are...I thought we were friends now? I only ever get called a cunt by you...never hun...I'm deeply offended...

You are a cunt "

Oh cunt off you, cunty chops!!!!

I always use hun, sugar, sweetness, it's not a deliberate thing.. I just type the way that I talk.. I normally save bitch and filthy slapper for when people know me enough to not get offended

Mrs xx

By *ittle Pocket PerveWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

"Obviously I'm no women.....

But whenever I receive messages calling me Hun or Babe etc, of which 99.9% come from guys...... I fucking cringe...... "

Me to...

"How about "chickadee", if its done with a fairly good WC Fields impression?"

If someone called me that it might actually get a response, i tend to reply to messages that make me laugh.

I have been told I have the tact and diplomacy of Atilla the Hun

"Maybe it's your username...maybe, just maybe, they actually have a read of your username is and think, hmmmm she's an affectionate bitch, if I send kisses and show her I'm affectionate too, she'll fall for it and it'll bag me a fuck?!? This is more relevant to the conspiracy thread!!! Ps half my brain is male therefore I KNOW that's the reason they do it!!! haha!

Lol, maybe it is my name, have changed it twice but still got kisses. Gonna change it to stop_sending_me_kisses next time, or don't_call_me_hun.

That won't work, you'll get the ones that will try and use the piss her off, say it's a joke and then reel her in method...ie a message reading 'hey hun xxx', follow up with the fact that it was said in jest, that they were only kidding, slag off all other men that do the same, ask you how you and how days been etc, at this point hoping that you'll reply which you may well do cos you'll think they're genuine! God I think like such a perceptive, cynical twat for a nice person!!!! Hahaha!!! "

I'm the same, longer i stay on this site the more men piss me off. It's like they think other peoples rules don't matter, and i don't even have that many but the amount of guys who message me knowing i'm not interested but think i might be so they also apologise for it.

On a good note i really enjoy humiliating guys more now and my level of that has intensified.

*whistles innocently*

Think I'm going to have to seriously unfriend you Debs, which will break my heart and make me lose faith in ever finding a bi fem as fucking fantastically good as you are...I thought we were friends now? I only ever get called a cunt by you...never hun...I'm deeply offended... "

Yeah, but you love it

*whistles innocently*

Innocent erm

Hun, sweet pea, sugar tits.. Guess I'll have to take my punishment and suck it up I'm soooo dead "

Noted.

"I worked for many years in bars so got very used to saying 'yes love/chick/pet?' to women and 'yes mate/fella/dude?' To guys when you've no idea of their names and simply don't have time to say 'good evening sir/madam, what beverage might I serve you with?' So the use of informal names has stuck generally until I learn somebodies name

Hate me for it or not it's just honest "

Same!I've recently found myself saying 'hun' alot and have no idea where it came from! It's starting to drive me nuts,let alone anyone else. .

Her

I generally don't like pet names.

It depends who says it

By *ere-for-my-convenienceWoman  over a year ago

West Midlands

I prefer wench

God, me too. In try to ignore it but I don't think I will ever agree to chat or meet someone who has used it in a message. Yuck

By *ittle Pocket PerveWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

My favourite word at the moment is 'muppet'...

By *ot monkey71Couple  over a year ago

middlesbrough

I am the female and I use it quite alot day to day, some of my friends do too. I try not to use it in messages as I know some people don't like it

By *errygTV/TS  over a year ago

denton

"Hun has a very different and very unpleasant meaning in sectarian parts of the west of Scotland.

indeedy, btw im a girly bhoy"

if you google hun the scotsman, there was a man in court for use of the word hun and was fined, it means a protestant who hates catholics, also it vwas the enemy our forefaters fought in the war

No never and I hate it if anyone calls me it too

I use it a lot!!! But mainly to female friends..I'm not fake I don't think

"

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

I wouldn't use it not do I like being called it, call me hunny but not him, I tend to call people sweet or chuck or matey as I deal with a lot of men on a daily basis and I can't remember everyone's name

Nothing wrong with calling anyone hun its a friendly way to call someone. Doesn't have to be specifically romantic in nature, just a caring, kind way of calling someone.

denton

"Nothing wrong with calling anyone hun its a friendly way to call someone. Doesn't have to be specifically romantic in nature, just a caring, kind way of calling someone. "
my female friend is german jew and finds it very offensive, even got compensation of a high st shop when a assistant called her hun, as with shop assistants calling customers pet names who they dont know, they could be paedos, wife beaters, house burglars, etc, wonder how many people called jimmy saville sweetheart etc

By *eforfuncplCouple  over a year ago

Morecambe

In Glasgow they wear red white n blue scarves lol

It doesn't bother me being called hun but I f***ing hate being called love or dear by a stranger

I don't mind being called hun rather that then babe, But I don't use them myself and usually end a message with a x

x, to be polite,

xx, for someone I like,

xxx, I want you so lets get it on, But not used often

"I don't mind being called hun rather that then babe, But I don't use them myself and usually end a message with a x

x, to be polite,

xx, for someone I like,

xxx, I want you so lets get it on, But not used often "

Oh thanks for just the 1 x

"I don't mind being called hun rather that then babe, But I don't use them myself and usually end a message with a x

x, to be polite,

xx, for someone I like,

xxx, I want you so lets get it on, But not used often

Oh thanks for just the 1 x "

xxx

My neighbour calls everyone hunny bun. So much so that she's now known as Mrs hunny bun.

Hate it!!! Hun, Babe, Girl, Dear etc. Get real, don't they understand the 'CD' bit!!! DELETE!

By *4nc3rCouple  over a year ago

Clacton-On-Sea, Essex

IRL I call everyone hun, hunni, love, sweetie, darlin' - the list goes on haha

But on here, hmm I'd probably refer to people I'm comfortable with as hun, but not just anyone lol

Agree! Can't stand the word x

I use it all the time and so do alot of my friends. We must all be fake.

denton

another friend of mine a work friend it was babe about every 6 words as if she had tourettes, when i got to pick her up she said the word must have heard it 500 times, so i added it every other word and sometimes 6 times after the sentance, it wound her work mate up

We always reply with "hitler was the hun" as for babe....instant block ...babe was a pig

It seems a bit harsh to just block someone for calling you what they think is a term of endearment unless you specifically say on your profile you don't like it.

Hun, isn't that derogatory term for someone of German descent?

"So how many women actually use the word Hun when messaging people. We tend to use it as a filter for men pretending to be women. As it seems like a word fake women use all the time. Maybe it's a local word some people do use . But I never use it and none of my friends use it . We always reply with "hitler was the hun" as for babe....instant block ...babe was a pig "

What a arse!

I suppose its how its used, But I don't think I would block someone for using a word

"And so do I (female)....all the time!

Thank fook for that, I was starting to feel a twat!! "

"I use it all the time and so do alot of my friends. We must all be fake."

Me too Hun

"Hun, isn't that derogatory term for someone of German descent? "

If I call someone Hun I mean it as a short form of huni/honey it's a term of endearment between me and my friends that's all!

Don't use it

Don't like to see it in messages to me.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I don't mind if a friend calls me hun but I put some petrol in the car the other day. It went something like this

"Pump 6 hun? That's £25 hun. Thanks hun. Would you like the receipt hun? Bye hun"

I must admit I was cringing like fuck after that convo!

"So how many women actually use the word Hun when messaging people. We tend to use it as a filter for men pretending to be women. As it seems like a word fake women use all the time. Maybe it's a local word some people do use . But I never use it and none of my friends use it . We always reply with "hitler was the hun" as for babe....instant block ...babe was a pig

What a arse!

I suppose its how its used, But I don't think I would block someone for using a word"

What about Scrummy?

I use the word Hun only when referring to Attila.

He's not a very common fetish these days but im trying to bring him back.

By *iss_Samantha_LovecockTV/TS  over a year ago

bmth /poole sometimes blandford

i hate it to ..and get called it all the time .i chose a nice name so not sure why guys cant use it.

I use it all of the time when speaking to people. Hun or hunni xx

Hate it, also hate.

Babe, babe's, luv, sweetie etc

Yukk and yes we also use as a filter

I always say darlin one woman kicked off then called me babe ?!?!? I was like ermm in not a talking pig ha

[Removed by poster at 14/04/15 21:09:24]

God that annoys me too!

Especially in a restaurant when the waiter says 'hi guys'

I'm pretty laid back,and generally informal, and this is going to sound incredibly snobbish, but I would much prefer to be called sir in a restaurant.

denton

it appears majority on here dont like being called hun, imo it is a chav word

Missing posts!

Its called humour and both parties got it in the end,

Newspeak is alive in the forums

Guess I'll take my hun... And shove it up all your asses

Guilty as charged.

I use hun, sweetie & babe!!

Not all the time as I like to address my friends by their name as well.

On here tho I find a 'hey hun' a wee bit easier to use than a 'hey backdoorsmasher how's it going"....

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I use hun loads.

"Guilty as charged.

I use hun, sweetie & babe!!

Not all the time as I like to address my friends by their name as well.

On here tho I find a 'hey hun' a wee bit easier to use than a 'hey backdoorsmasher how's it going"....

"

Oh I know him

I just hate it when people put lol at the end of every sentence !!

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Hate "hun", "babe", "chuck" and "pet" and any of the others - in fact it is an instant "no go" for me whether it comes from a man or woman. I know it sounds shallow but I simply cannot get used to those or text speak.... It's me age...

lol lol lol (only kidding!)

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

Attila the ... ?

"Don't use it

Don't like to see it in messages to me.

"

denton

"Hate "hun", "babe", "chuck" and "pet" and any of the others - in fact it is an instant "no go" for me whether it comes from a man or woman. I know it sounds shallow but I simply cannot get used to those or text speak.... It's me age...

lol lol lol (only kidding!)"

how many people just stay silent and accept i just tell them face to face i dont like it, or if they use these terms after every sentance i say it for them as they become predictable

"I just hate it when people put lol at the end of every sentence !!"

One of my pet hates too! I never use that expression, ever.....

To answer OP, one of my closest friends calls me hun. I have no issue with her doing it. It probably depends who's saying it and the context. Round these here parts if you say "Alright my lover" - it sounds gert lush!

I find more men use word Hun than women, both on here and in real world

Or those that call it us's eyes! (Not sure if that's grammatically correct but I'm sure you get the meaning)

By *anatee175Couple  over a year ago

Sunderland

Yep me too. I think it's lazy as people can't be bothered to use my name and any friends who do use it are reminded not to.

Claire

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I never use it and feel guys using it often use this and similar because they think it's the kind of word you want to hear.

Hunny Monster

We don't like it, I think it sounds a bit chavvy but I can think of things that bother me more - spotty bottom pics for example.

I actually used to like terms of affection until men online started using the word every they time they wanted 'servicing'. Never liked the word babe coz my sisters abusive ex used to call her that.

» Add a new message to this topic