FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Cosmetic surgery abroad

Cosmetic surgery abroad

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anybody ever had cosmetic surgery abroad?

I'm looking to go to Budapest to have a couple of things done within the next few weeks - my only concern is what the hospitals and clinics are like and what happens if things go wrong?

They could go wrong anywhere and I'd rather pay less for it to go wrong than the full whack UK price.

Also nice to make a bit of a holiday/break out of the time for recovery too

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Do you really want to have to travel back and forwards to Budapest if things go wrong?

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

"Do you really want to have to travel back and forwards to Budapest if things go wrong?"

They don't go back they have the cheap op abroad then expect our nhs to fix the botch ups. It's a huge drain on the nhs sadly.

I admit I haven't had cosmetic surgery abroad but I had a friend who did despite several medics and all her friends urging her not to. Notice the past tense in that last sentence

"Do you really want to have to travel back and forwards to Budapest if things go wrong?

They don't go back they have the cheap op abroad then expect our nhs to fix the botch ups. It's a huge drain on the nhs sadly.

I admit I haven't had cosmetic surgery abroad but I had a friend who did despite several medics and all her friends urging her not to. Notice the past tense in that last sentence "

I wouldn't expect the NHS to fix anything thank you - that's why I'm going private!

I've always gone private for the majority of anything I've ever needed medical wise to free up much needed space for the more needy or desperate.

It's my choice to have a few cosmetic things done which are not purely for looks but associated medical reasons - like my nose, been broken, breathing isn't too great.

I just want things done the same time rather than having to have them one by one here and saving money and time all the same.

"Do you really want to have to travel back and forwards to Budapest if things go wrong?"

One clinic I'm looking at has a UK clinic too but the saving going abroad is about 60/70% cheaper inc travel and accommodation.

So even with follow ups in the UK I'd still be saving a huge amount going abroad.

You don't have to, if you go abroad and they fuck up so long as it's putting your health at risk the NHS will sort it

But be warned with boob jobs if only one implant had a problem they will do nothing with the other, I went out to a lady a few months back who had a boob job abroad and one got infected the NHS removed the infected one but did nothing to the other as it was fine so she now has very odd sized boobs keep that in mind before relying on this county to sort out over seas bugger ups

My sister has just come bck from Prague having her second op.

Both have turned out really well and she sings there praises

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The botched up bodies shows of ops here and abroad put me off having anything done. I'd love to think medical care everywhere had 100% success rates, but I'm waiting till very much older to have anything, if at all.

I've thought about teeth makeovers, but think a lot of work has to be continuously done, such as veneers and my teeth are fairly good, so not that motivated.

I'd probably take a first holiday to check a place abroad out, if the savings are so immense, rather than just having my first trip for surgery.

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Ruddy foreigners nicking our patients

"Anybody ever had cosmetic surgery abroad?

I'm looking to go to Budapest to have a couple of things done within the next few weeks - my only concern is what the hospitals and clinics are like and what happens if things go wrong?

They could go wrong anywhere and I'd rather pay less for it to go wrong than the full whack UK price.

Also nice to make a bit of a holiday/break out of the time for recovery too "

With me being Transgender, ive always had to research hard into who I am going to use and make sure there are reviews available online for me to see about the doctor.

Best bet is too look deep into who you plan on going with. I do know a really good surgeon in beligum who is fab at nose reconstruction and rhinoplasty, so if you ever change your mind hit me up. Think hes only £2,500 too

"Do you really want to have to travel back and forwards to Budapest if things go wrong?

You don't have to, if you go abroad and they fuck up so long as it's putting your health at risk the NHS will sort it

But be warned with boob jobs if only one implant had a problem they will do nothing with the other, I went out to a lady a few months back who had a boob job abroad and one got infected the NHS removed the infected one but did nothing to the other as it was fine so she now has very odd sized boobs keep that in mind before relying on this county to sort out over seas bugger ups "

I couldn't expect the NHS to pick up the pieces if it did go wrong - it was my choice to have a cosmetic procedure.

And I'll stand by that.

Luckily I'm not planning on having breast implants it seems - wouldn't fancy odd sized boobs if I had to rely on the NHS to fix something going wrong

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

hope it goes well and you get the results you wish for ..good luck !

With me being Transgender, ive always had to research hard into who I am going to use and make sure there are reviews available online for me to see about the doctor.

Best bet is too look deep into who you plan on going with. I do know a really good surgeon in beligum who is fab at nose reconstruction and rhinoplasty, so if you ever change your mind hit me up. Think hes only £2,500 too "

I can get my nose done in the UK for £3000 so that doesn't seem all that worth while. It's only a minor correction I want done.

I've been looking deep into the one clinic I found that does everything I want on site but cannot find much of the doctors that work there - that's the most alarming part, I don't fancy a newly qualified student doctor or something, more so if our language isn't spoken or understood the same..

"hope it goes well and you get the results you wish for ..good luck ! "

Ah thank you!

Me too - will be nice to hit a milestone age looking and feeling younger and better IMO

Best bet is too look deep into who you plan on going with. I do know a really good surgeon in beligum who is fab at nose reconstruction and rhinoplasty, so if you ever change your mind hit me up. Think hes only £2,500 too

I can get my nose done in the UK for £3000 so that doesn't seem all that worth while. It's only a minor correction I want done.

I've been looking deep into the one clinic I found that does everything I want on site but cannot find much of the doctors that work there - that's the most alarming part, I don't fancy a newly qualified student doctor or something, more so if our language isn't spoken or understood the same.."

3k? where? everywhere ive checked its been 5-6k in the uk lol

and that doesn't sound too positive :/ Obviously not a popular surgeon im guessing? have you had any consultations over skype or anything with him? Seen portfolio? etc x

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

I have a TS friend who had all her surgery in Thailand, including her reassignment surgery.

She has always been happy with the results though there were infection problems and complications with the reassignment. It needed a second op and she was over there in recovery for longer than planned.

I've been looking deep into the one clinic I found that does everything I want on site but cannot find much of the doctors that work there - that's the most alarming part, I don't fancy a newly qualified student doctor or something, more so if our language isn't spoken or understood the same..

3k? where? everywhere ive checked its been 5-6k in the uk lol

and that doesn't sound too positive :/ Obviously not a popular surgeon im guessing? have you had any consultations over skype or anything with him? Seen portfolio? etc x"

The private clinic in Harley street.

Because I want 3 different things done I've googled all three surgeons and only 2 I could find results and reviews of. That's what's making me question the one for my nose job, that's the most important one for me.

Rest are coming back with great reviews as is the clinic itself - don't get me wrong amongst 100s of reviews there are some not so good, but then not everybody is happy with things in this country so cannot expect perfect.

I'm having a consultation in their london clinic in 2 weeks time.

"I have a TS friend who had all her surgery in Thailand, including her reassignment surgery.

She has always been happy with the results though there were infection problems and complications with the reassignment. It needed a second op and she was over there in recovery for longer than planned."

Can just as much have infections In this country though.

My dear nan died after contracting MRSA over 10 times in so many years (actually all over the internet and news pages) in this country so not expecting not to come down with infections, I plan to assure all dressings and wounds are clean at all times as best as I can myself after the hell my nan went through

» Add a new message to this topic