FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Maybe I should...

Maybe I should...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *issHottieBottie OP   Woman  over a year ago

Kent

Of stayed overweight and unhealthy..

Seems that my weight loss and exercise is a big topic of conversation amongst my family. Apparently I exercise too much (average 3 hours a week if I'm lucky, not been since Monday this week due to holidays) and im too obsessed with what I eat.

This coming from my mum, sister, nan, aunt and cousin who are all very overweight and constantly on diets and getting nowhere with it..

I'm still a size 10/12 trousers and a 10 on top so I'm hardly wasting away. I'm fitter than ive ever been and eat more than I even did before when I lived on chocolate and biscuits and never really had a proper meal! M

I'm so fucked off that people can't be pleased for me and just have to bitch. I'm venting to you lot coz I can't be dealing with a family row...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm jealous of you wish I had your willpower

"Of stayed overweight and unhealthy..

Seems that my weight loss and exercise is a big topic of conversation amongst my family. Apparently I exercise too much (average 3 hours a week if I'm lucky, not been since Monday this week due to holidays) and im too obsessed with what I eat.

This coming from my mum, sister, nan, aunt and cousin who are all very overweight and constantly on diets and getting nowhere with it..

I'm still a size 10/12 trousers and a 10 on top so I'm hardly wasting away. I'm fitter than ive ever been and eat more than I even did before when I lived on chocolate and biscuits and never really had a proper meal! M

I'm so fucked off that people can't be pleased for me and just have to bitch. I'm venting to you lot coz I can't be dealing with a family row... "

Well done you x

They are most probably jealous of your achievements, you look great and you should be proud of your self, if nothing else the fact you are healthier speaks volumes x

By *orkieLassCouple  over a year ago

York

Sod em. If you're happy nowt else matters! I've lost 10 stone and still get snipey comments from certain family members, but I ignore them

Balls to em all, you do what you like rather than fitting in with others opinions of what they'd like for you.

You're looking amazing.

X

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

you have done very well...... JUST ENJOY your new life, with your little one and that is all that truly matters......

BE HAPPY

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Just leave them to it. They are just jealous that you are getting your life together.

It's simple jealousy on their part. They would rather criticise others who have put the work in rather than get off their butt and do it themselves.

It's often the case on here too.

By *anchestercubMan  over a year ago

manchester & NI

There is more than likely some jealousy on their part.

But if you can feel the change within yourself then use that as motivation to keep going.

And that fact that you act to change the situation when others in your family might only talk about it shows that you have the right frame of mind. I'm sure it's hard to break the unhealthy cycle.

Keep up the good work.

By *ouble CCouple  over a year ago

Gran Canaria

Well done u! I've recently lost weight, 50lbs,since August. Had to for health reasons and I get mostly friends saying 'Don't lose anymore weight' I'm hardly wasting away. Cud lose another stone and still be 'plus size'. I eat alot too, just different to what I used to eat. If u feel happy and healthy then carry on. Xx

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I'm so fucked off that people can't be pleased for me and just have to bitch. I'm venting to you lot coz I can't be dealing with a family row... "

Just tell them you are on here. Watch their jaws ache

Make sure you're healthy and not over doing it. Thank them when they give advice and then do your own thing. xx

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman  over a year ago

Glenrothes

You have to do what is right for you, not your family. Sounds very much like jealousy. They should be proud of you, not getting at you. Well done, stick to your guns. Xxxx

Kent

It's really upset me to be honest.

If I was exercising for hours a day and eating nothing and weighed 6 stone then yeah I could understand it.

What's even more fucking annoying is that they all talk about bloody diets all the fucking time... And they are on one 52 weeks of the year for the last God knows how many years and mostly are fatter than when they started. Their lives revolve around food!!! Everything is 'let's eat this, oh its a day ending in a Y let's eat that'

By *ubsterMan  over a year ago

truro

Just want to say good on you... they are probably refelecting there grip against themselves as they don't have the will power to what you have done or have the positive results you have gained x

Do what you do and don't listen to others

Kent

"Well done u! I've recently lost weight, 50lbs,since August. Had to for health reasons and I get mostly friends saying 'Don't lose anymore weight' I'm hardly wasting away. Cud lose another stone and still be 'plus size'. I eat alot too, just different to what I used to eat. If u feel happy and healthy then carry on. Xx "

This is exactly me!! I've lost 49lbs since September. Well done!! X

And well done

Kent

"And well done "

Thanks ST X

"And well done

Thanks ST X "

Well I don't know what you looked like before but damn you are so hot now, well out of my league by a mile xx

Kent

In fact the way they are going on its like I've got some sort of eating disorder. I should let them speak to my friend who does actually have an eating disorders. She eats next to nothing, does hours of exercise and freaks out if she gains 1/4lb to the point where she will make herself sick every day for a week!!

Kent

"And well done

Thanks ST X

Well I don't know what you looked like before but damn you are so hot now, well out of my league by a mile xx"

Like I do now just 3.5 stone extra lol

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

You rant away!

I'm the same, eight stones lighter and all one colleague could say was "you're looking well".

Yep, I bloody do and I'm a smug bitch about it too.

It's an amazing achievement and I hope you are bloody smug too.

Ditto x

"You rant away!

I'm the same, eight stones lighter and all one colleague could say was "you're looking well".

Yep, I bloody do and I'm a smug bitch about it too.

It's an amazing achievement and I hope you are bloody smug too. "

By *agan_PairCouple  over a year ago

portchester

We got the same thing when we lost weight and got fit. Ib was and still do go to the gym every day. You never get told your over doing it by healthy fit people... Only those who are jealous of your achievement. Those who Terry and delude themselves they are happy as they are

"You have to do what is right for you, not your family. Sounds very much like jealousy. They should be proud of you, not getting at you. Well done, stick to your guns. Xxxx"

Kent

"We got the same thing when we lost weight and got fit. Ib was and still do go to the gym every day. You never get told your over doing it by healthy fit people... Only those who are jealous of your achievement. Those who Terry and delude themselves they are happy as they are"

Do you know I was just about to say I've noticed that none of my friends who also exercise regularly have told me I'm overdoing it. Only the lazy feckers

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

You should be very proud of your achievments hottie.

Firstly well done, you look fantastic.

3 hours of exercise is actually below the governments recomended amount for a healthy adult.

Staying in good shape isn't easy, it takes a lot of effort and discipline. The rewards are worth it tho, you will feel better be healthier and live longer.

Your family recognise these things but realise they don't have the strength of will that you have and are jealous. Keep up the good work, don't get demorilsed and know at least one person here on fab recognises your achievement

"It's really upset me to be honest.

If I was exercising for hours a day and eating nothing and weighed 6 stone then yeah I could understand it.

What's even more fucking annoying is that they all talk about bloody diets all the fucking time... And they are on one 52 weeks of the year for the last God knows how many years and mostly are fatter than when they started. Their lives revolve around food!!! Everything is 'let's eat this, oh its a day ending in a Y let's eat that' "

sorry! i imagined a load of fat people around a table eating crisps and biccys! "what's up with het?" "dn't know i blame that diet n gym stuff. pass me that cake!"

Kent

What's even more fucking annoying is that they all talk about bloody diets all the fucking time... And they are on one 52 weeks of the year for the last God knows how many years and mostly are fatter than when they started. Their lives revolve around food!!! Everything is 'let's eat this, oh its a day ending in a Y let's eat that' sorry! i imagined a load of fat people around a table eating crisps and biccys! "what's up with het?" "dn't know i blame that diet n gym stuff. pass me that cake!" "

That's pretty much what it's like x

What's even more fucking annoying is that they all talk about bloody diets all the fucking time... And they are on one 52 weeks of the year for the last God knows how many years and mostly are fatter than when they started. Their lives revolve around food!!! Everything is 'let's eat this, oh its a day ending in a Y let's eat that' sorry! i imagined a load of fat people around a table eating crisps and biccys! "what's up with het?" "dn't know i blame that diet n gym stuff. pass me that cake!"

That's pretty much what it's like x "

You look amazing,keep going and prove then wrong x

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

I'm having the opposite relative issue. Despite losing over 4 stone since deciding I was sick of being a lardarse my mum is at me that I'm not losing it fast enough and keeps telling me I should drop to 1,000 calories a day. Considering I am losing it sensibly, regularly and safely and more importantly have kept if off and she is and always has been a yo-yo dieter who drops it quickly and then piles it back on again this really rankles. Grrr!

people will always try and make you feel bad when they are lacking somehow - xxx

Kent

"I'm having the opposite relative issue. Despite losing over 4 stone since deciding I was sick of being a lardarse my mum is at me that I'm not losing it fast enough and keeps telling me I should drop to 1,000 calories a day. Considering I am losing it sensibly, regularly and safely and more importantly have kept if off and she is and always has been a yo-yo dieter who drops it quickly and then piles it back on again this really rankles. Grrr!

"

1000 cals a day is ridiculous!!! X

Ive always done 2 to 3 hours of excercise a week. If I drop it off for any reason I start to feel lethargic.

I think non exercisers don't understand the boost it gives so If I were you I would ignore the negative comments

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

"I'm having the opposite relative issue. Despite losing over 4 stone since deciding I was sick of being a lardarse my mum is at me that I'm not losing it fast enough and keeps telling me I should drop to 1,000 calories a day. Considering I am losing it sensibly, regularly and safely and more importantly have kept if off and she is and always has been a yo-yo dieter who drops it quickly and then piles it back on again this really rankles. Grrr!

1000 cals a day is ridiculous!!! X"

I have no intention of following her 'advice'. I love her to bits and she is normally sensible but when it comes to weight and body image she's always been a little crazy.

Kent

1000 cals a day is ridiculous!!! X

I have no intention of following her 'advice'. I love her to bits and she is normally sensible but when it comes to weight and body image she's always been a little crazy."

My mum lost 10 stone eating nothing but plates of green veg with mint sauce and ended up with ulcerative colitis for her trouble.. And now weighs even more than when she started with various other health problems so it's hard to tell her not to give her head a wobble when she's lecturing me!!

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

Family saying things like that are often put out that you are doing so well and keeping fit. I think you are doing a brilliant job and exercising is good for you..

Keep it up and if family annoy you keep away.

"I'm jealous of you wish I had your willpower"

And I suspect they are too You look great ignore em xx

I work in an office of 12. 9 are overweight and most of those are obese. Of the 2 others that aren;t overweight one has lost 5 stone in 12 months. I am regularly told that I shouldn't exercise so much and that it is bad for me - drives me crazy! I hate people who deflect their own insecurities in that way

Kent

"I work in an office of 12. 9 are overweight and most of those are obese. Of the 2 others that aren;t overweight one has lost 5 stone in 12 months. I am regularly told that I shouldn't exercise so much and that it is bad for me - drives me crazy! I hate people who deflect their own insecurities in that way"

I said further up actually that it occurred to me that none of my slimmer/or friends that exercise a lot have told me I'm overdoing it.. Just the big lazy ones!! You'll see me in a few weeks.. You can tell me honestly if you think I'm too thin!!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

we have a guy at work who has lost an incredible amount of weight and looks great but people keep telling him how miserable he looks and how he looked much happier when he was big. such a cruel thing to say to someone who has worked so hard.

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

Well I guess he doesnt have the round fat face he had before losing weight can give you jowls which make you look grumpy even when you not . Why cant people be kind I wonder.

haters gon hate babeh!

Kent

"we have a guy at work who has lost an incredible amount of weight and looks great but people keep telling him how miserable he looks and how he looked much happier when he was big. such a cruel thing to say to someone who has worked so hard."

ARGH poor guy. I keep getting told im short tempered. I am! But only because literally every day I get offeres biscuits, cake, chocolate I say no thanks and then get 'oh one don't hurt' 'you have to treat yourself' 'don't be so miserable' then I get snappy!

I've got a really bad sweet tooth and know that one biscuit won't just be one biscuit do its easier to ignore them altogether x

I have a little experiance of this , I'm always stunned when people try and tell me the same bullshit they use to excuse themselves from doing out.

"But you can get addicted to training"

"People go on these diets ; it's not health"

What ever bullshit they have to tell themselves to justify sitting on the sofa for another 5. Minutes ...day.

And they believe it to the extent they tell you like its good advise. !!!

Fuck em!

Train hard , come prepared.

You don't need me to tell you well done.

You know

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I do wonder why people feel it's acceptable to comment on weight in a way they just don't about stuff like BO and bad breath.

I come from a West Indian family dynamic where my paternal grandmother would greet me with "Girl, you so FAT!" (I inherited her shape and kept it up). Family friends will casually say "you drop some [weight]" or call me fatso, depending on whether they think I've lost or gained weight.

You have taken control of your life in a big way in the last couple of years and this is one manifestation of that control. My guess is that they feel you may be changing and that's difficult for families.

Keep strong and get to YOUR goal. Thank them for their concern and walk away smug that you have done this despite their snipes and gripes trying to undermine you. That takes strength.

Well I admire your determination to stick to what you set out to achieve.

I don't know you but I have read your threads and think you have done amazingly well

Sometimes folk get jealous coz they haven't got that willpower and determination.

I say. Good on ya. Xxx

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"we have a guy at work who has lost an incredible amount of weight and looks great but people keep telling him how miserable he looks and how he looked much happier when he was big. such a cruel thing to say to someone who has worked so hard.

ARGH poor guy. I keep getting told im short tempered. I am! But only because literally every day I get offeres biscuits, cake, chocolate I say no thanks and then get 'oh one don't hurt' 'you have to treat yourself' 'don't be so miserable' then I get snappy!

I've got a really bad sweet tooth and know that one biscuit won't just be one biscuit do its easier to ignore them altogether x "

Next time when seeing family, take some fruit (maybe strawberries) then when they offer you cake or biscuits, just tell them you have some fruit to nibble on.

» Add a new message to this topic