FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Phone geeks

Phone geeks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *D40 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

I'm after suggestions of a tech nature (all other ideas via msg please).

My contract on my iPhone 4s runs out very soon. I do not want another iphone.

Mostly use my phone for surfing/browsing/texting/and apps

What should I check out when I hit the shops & any good deals to be had?

Mrs WD40 xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eovilcouple76Couple  over a year ago

yeovil

There really is no hope for you if you don't want another iphone. Stick to a landline and a laptop.

By *ust_for_laughsCouple  over a year ago

Hinckley

If you don't want an iPhone, get a Samsung, a Sony or an HTC...they're all much of a muchness.

I've got an HTC One M7 and will upgrade to the M9 next month.

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I have an Lg g2 and love it.Always been happy with lg phones .

Wolverhampton

"There really is no hope for you if you don't want another iphone. Stick to a landline and a laptop. "

Laptop won't fit in my jeans pocket tho ??

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Sony Xperia z3. Love mine.

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

HTC m8 is a cracking spec, the m9 is this year's phone and has an enormous processor. The M8 should be cheaper though.

The z3 Xperia and z3 Xperia compact again are great phones (I have the compact, it is quick as hell, 3-4day battery, but does update a lot)

Samsung s6, has had a lot of features taken off it, no external sd card, so you'll have to pay for larger internal memory. Also, not waterproof/resistant unlike the Xperia. Expect it'll be quick though.

If you have a phone in mind, type vs in, and there are usually sites or videos comparing them.

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

The Xperia allows you to transfer contacts through an app too. Not sure about the others

By *immy2xMan  over a year ago

aberdeen/inverness/ highlands

Ive got a note 4. Its got some really need features like fingerpring protection etc. Great for if someone steals your phone before like me.

Also ultra power saving is cool shen the battery runs low.

It is however the most expensive phone in the shop evenmore tgan an iphone 6 plus. But in my opinion worth it on contract.

By *ust_for_laughsCouple  over a year ago

Hinckley

"The Xperia allows you to transfer contacts through an app too. Not sure about the others "

Save all your contacts to Google rather than the phone or SIM and you never have to worry about that anyway.

Apple can fuck right off, as my iPod Classic broke yesterday and they've discontinued it without replacing it with any kind of high capacity music player.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've upgraded my phone to the HTC M9 & I love it

By *illyrocCouple  over a year ago

north west

"Ive got a note 4. Its got some really need features like fingerpring protection etc. Great for if someone steals your phone before like me.

Also ultra power saving is cool shen the battery runs low.

It is however the most expensive phone in the shop evenmore tgan an iphone 6 plus. But in my opinion worth it on contract. "

Got note 4 coming Wednesday looks a great phone

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

ebay

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

A windows phone would be great. Excellent menus, cameras and compatibility. Major new operating system update in a few weeks too.

Everyone I know with them rates them higher than their previous Android and iPhones.

Won't go wrong with HTC, I'm iPhone user but 2 phones ago has HTC, only went to iPhone as everyone else races about them!

By *eepfoughtMan  over a year ago

Burnley

Take a look on Amazon at the Oppo Find 7 and R5. I've had a Find 7 for the last 9 months and it is a fantastic machine, with a top screen and great performance - yet is significantly cheaper than most of the big-brand models in the same price bracket.

I've tried out the newer R5 recently and its a very tempting, sturdy phone, which is surprising considering how darn thin it is.

By *eepfoughtMan  over a year ago

Burnley

"A windows phone would be great. Excellent menus, cameras and compatibility. Major new operating system update in a few weeks too.

Everyone I know with them rates them higher than their previous Android and iPhones."

Also worthy of note. Prior to my current phone I had a Lumia windows phone and was pleasantly surprised.

"Won't go wrong with HTC, I'm iPhone user but 2 phones ago has HTC, only went to iPhone as everyone else races about them!"

iPhone also creates corrective nightmares!!!

Wait a few weeks and get the galaxy S6. Personally I hate any windows phone. Samsung's all the way

Hate iphones. Always had a Samsung, (changed once and went back to Samsung) wouldn't have anything else now.

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

the only good thing about an iphone is it cant be renumbered unlike the rest of the phones that can

also no one else can use it once its reported stolen or lost if you have registered it and have a tracking device installed upon it

the other phones can have a tracking device installed on it but only works if phone is switched on

but you can wipe them clean

"Hate iphones. Always had a Samsung, (changed once and went back to Samsung) wouldn't have anything else now."

Interesting.

I've always had Samsung's and I'm thinking of upgrading next month to iPhone for the first time.

What didn't you like about the iPhone?.

I have an iPad and i find the OS meh.

Any android phone really. I've a windoze phone for work and hate it. Had Samsungs in the past currently have an Xperia which I quite like.

"If you don't want an iPhone, get a Samsung, a Sony or an HTC...they're all much of a muchness.

I've got an HTC One M7 and will upgrade to the M9 next month."

Agreed can't go wrong with these 3 manufactures as a rule.

Getting off the overrated iPhone bandwagon is the best decision

"A windows phone would be great. Excellent menus, cameras and compatibility. Major new operating system update in a few weeks too.

Everyone I know with them rates them higher than their previous Android and iPhones."

In my experience it's the other way round. My friends who have had them didn't rate them too highly. Still preferable to ishite though

Wolverhampton

Okay i got me an LG G3 or is that 3G? Anyhow i'm going to have great fun turning the tv off and on when the old man isn't watching (modern technology ay?).

Thanks all xx

I've got a Samsung Galaxy android.

» Add a new message to this topic