FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Would you let your kids do the stuff you did?

Would you let your kids do the stuff you did?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hyllyphylly OP   Man  over a year ago

Bradford

Kinda following on from my "What you did as a kid" topic.

I remember my bedroom being a mess, I "liberated" milk from doorsteps, smoked from 14, rode a bike without any brakes...

Then I became a dad and the biggest hypocrite known to man.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No! Lol

I don't own any baby goats.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I let our kids do more, my parents were pretty strict.

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

I keep a strict eye on my Goddaughter/Niece and hope and pray she doesn't do half the things I did

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

I was an angel.....least that's my story prove otherwise

By *aneandpaulCouple  over a year ago

cleveleys

Sex wise just don,t want to think about it

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

Yes I have and they are street wise now ready to go out into the real world and fend for themselves they know the value of working hard to earn they know about being well mannered and polite they know not to abuse alcohol or other substances they can make descisions for them selves having made and learned from mistakes along the way they have learned to be self reliant and use their instincts and I am damn proud that they are not Whiney me me me brats that so many parents inflict on us

"Yes I have and they are street wise now ready to go out into the real world and fend for themselves they know the value of working hard to earn they know about being well mannered and polite they know not to abuse alcohol or other substances they can make descisions for them selves having made and learned from mistakes along the way they have learned to be self reliant and use their instincts and I am damn proud that they are not Whiney me me me brats that so many parents inflict on us "

Nope. I was a bit of a tom boy (surprise surprise!) So climbing trees and playing on railway tracks was the basis of my youth. Never in a million years!

By *ueenandworkerbeeCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

My mum has always been very liberal. She would allow my brother and I houseparty birthday parties from 14 because, in her words to other parents, 'otherwise they'll sneek booze and mix drinks and end up getting sick while drinking it in the cold in the park'. We could stay out to reasonable lateness as long as she knew where we were and texted her. Neither of us have ever got into drugs or bad friend groups so this approach may not have worked with all teens, but it showed that she trusted us and have us street sense and confidence to be on our own.

I can't complain actually, I liked everything I did as a child, so I will try and make them have a childhood as close as the one I had. My parents still are the right amount of strict, I grew up surrounded by people, did activities every weekend, would love that for my kids.

I would have two...that is my only downfall...I'm an only child

By *0hnnyBrav0Man  over a year ago

Great Wyrley

Not a chance!

If my daughter does 10% of the stuff I used to get up to I will have a heart attack lololol

I am a self confessed hypocrite.

I wish my kids could do half the stuff I did as a kid. Sadly they'd probably end up with a criminal record these days when back then it was just seen as harmless fun.

[Removed by poster at 03/04/15 10:16:41]

"Yes I have and they are street wise now ready to go out into the real world and fend for themselves they know the value of working hard to earn they know about being well mannered and polite they know not to abuse alcohol or other substances they can make descisions for them selves having made and learned from mistakes along the way they have learned to be self reliant and use their instincts and I am damn proud that they are not Whiney me me me brats that so many parents inflict on us "

This all the way

I let mine do more than I did, never shouted when they made a fuck up, I just taught them how to sort out the fall out from it and the consequences, they are amazing people now and I'm proud beyond belief, no idea how I managed to raise such rounded kids

"My mum has always been very liberal. She would allow my brother and I houseparty birthday parties from 14 because, in her words to other parents, 'otherwise they'll sneek booze and mix drinks and end up getting sick while drinking it in the cold in the park'. We could stay out to reasonable lateness as long as she knew where we were and texted her. Neither of us have ever got into drugs or bad friend groups so this approach may not have worked with all teens, but it showed that she trusted us and have us street sense and confidence to be on our own."

Did the same with mine

Yes.

I'm happy with the way I turned out even if I was a little shit back then

My only advice would be...If her names Catherine...walk away son, walk away!

I squirted the nanny with a hose pipe, whilst she was on the toilet when I was a kid .

I would die ifmy some ever did that

Lol never!!

"Yes.

I'm happy with the way I turned out even if I was a little shit back then

My only advice would be...If her names Catherine...walk away son, walk away! "

Half the reason I don't want kids is the fear they'd be like me.....I'd go spare If I had to look after the kid me.....I was a bloody nightmare.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

My daughter has done everything I've done, except shag strange men indiscriminately.

My son has boundaries similar to those I broke as a teenager. As of yet he hasn't come close to pushing them, never mind breaking them

Course I would.

Everything I listed should be normal kid life.

As long as no laws are broken (or if they're not caught breaking them) it's all good.

By *eembabyWoman  over a year ago

Brum

Not got any but hell no!

» Add a new message to this topic