FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Homebrew

Homebrew

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ouplekink OP   Couple  over a year ago

kink town

So anyone do their own homebrew? What you got planned for summer? Sat here reading Greg Hughes book but can't decide which recipie to choose.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I make elderflower wine. It's quite strong *hic*

Made some few years ago and put too much yeast in and it blew up in the middle of the night, almost gave me heart attack

By *ouplekink OP   Couple  over a year ago

kink town

"Made some few years ago and put too much yeast in and it blew up in the middle of the night, almost gave me heart attack "

Touch wood, never had a bottle bomb yet, but can imagine it being quite startling when it happens.

"Made some few years ago and put too much yeast in and it blew up in the middle of the night, almost gave me heart attack

Touch wood, never had a bottle bomb yet, but can imagine it being quite startling when it happens. "

It is when fast a sleep would of been hilarious to be fly on wall to see my reaction though

By *octor DeleriumMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Made some few years ago and put too much yeast in and it blew up in the middle of the night, almost gave me heart attack

Touch wood, never had a bottle bomb yet, but can imagine it being quite startling when it happens. "

I had a ginger beer bottle bomb; never did find the cap.

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

As the pubs have had to close, homebrew is the business to be in right now it seems lol! I’m just about to set off a batch of Mangrove Jack’s IPA, anyone else brewing up?

For a 30L brew

4kg pale malt

400g dark rye malt

Hops: Hercules, Challenger and chinook

I can’t remember the recipe steps from the top of my head but this was a fantastic amber ale at 5.5%

By *xhibcupCouple  over a year ago

portsmouth

Yes. We currently have a brew of a red ale on the go. Due to be bottled tomorrow. Then we will get a turbo cider on the go.

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

"Yes. We currently have a brew of a red ale on the go. Due to be bottled tomorrow. Then we will get a turbo cider on the go. "

I’m hoping for another good crop of apples from my trees this year, so I can do another batch of cider. Last year I only got 9 apples from two trees, whereas the previous year yielded 7 litres of juice! I hadn’t macerated the apples enough really though, as it was the first time I’ve tried to make it, there was more juice to be had I’m sure.

» Add a new message to this topic