FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Motorcyclists of Fab

Motorcyclists of Fab

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've got £2k to play with in a matter of speak, I can get a bike on finance. What bike do you ride and what are the costs? For everything!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

It depends on your likes and experience.

Do you want fast plastic, sports tourer, cruiser, commuter, motorcross or something else?

Have you got clothes, helmet etc of is it just bike and insurance?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Totally depends on what you want it for.

Commute?

Fun?

Short distance?

£2250 will get you a one owner CRF450R with road loom, 17" Supermoto wheels, originals, spare bodywork, exhaust, etc.

Will get you a Bandit 600/1200

Will get you a heap of junk.

You need to decide what you're after

It's 2k for everything. So, insurance/clothes/Gear.Cbt and provisional. Feel as though my best option would be finance. Also, 125cc looks alright, I want something which looks aesthetically pleasing which is easy to ride. As I haven't ride any motorised bikes! Though, I must admit 125cc+ actual Sport/motor bikes appeal to me.

"Totally depends on what you want it for.

Commute?

Fun?

Short distance?

£2250 will get you a one owner CRF450R with road loom, 17" Supermoto wheels, originals, spare bodywork, exhaust, etc.

You need to decide what you're after"

Id have to say commute for the main part. However, Id most likely use it for fun also! Thanks, I must admit, that's a beauty!

At your age the insurance is going to muller you.

Also at £2k all in - factor £500 for kit (helmet, jacket, boots, gloves minimum)

I take it you haven't passed your test yet?

"Totally depends on what you want it for.

Commute?

Fun?

Short distance?

You need to decide what you're after"

However, that wouldn't get much use. As the area im in isn't ideal.

Honda Vfr800 looks amazing, though. I don't want to jump onto something out of my depth.

Take my advice either do a cbt and hire a bike to see if you like it or take your test before committing

I have taken mAny people through from cbt to test and it is surprising how many don't keep riding or never bought a bike

Scunthorpe

If you want a commuter that's a bit fun, you can find plenty of SV650's or Yamaha Fazers at well inside your budget. You'll probably need to allow about £300-£400 for insurance.

"At your age the insurance is going to muller you.

Also at £2k all in - factor £500 for kit (helmet, jacket, boots, gloves minimum)

I take it you haven't passed your test yet?"

The insurance is going to bend me over severely. Yeah, £500 for the kit atleast. I value my body, realistically. I'm looking at another £500 for insurance. Then, if I could find a sweet deal on finance, im solid. Though if I cant. It looks like a 50/125cc for me, probably go for the 125cc.

"If you want a commuter that's a bit fun, you can find plenty of SV650's or Yamaha Fazers at well inside your budget. You'll probably need to allow about £300-£400 for insurance."

That's the look I like!

fzr 1000 exup !

cheep and ull have cash to take it a spin but still looks good and dose over 160 mph and 0 to 60 in under 4 seconds

Scunthorpe

Yes if you haven't passed your test yet, 125 is your limit... You could probably pick up a CBR 125 for about a grand

By *icky999Man  over a year ago

warrington

A friend who owns a ped got a bill through for£17 for his road tax. He phoned them up an asked could he pay monthly, the girl replied that was for the year!

"I've got £2k to play with in a matter of speak, I can get a bike on finance. What bike do you ride and what are the costs? For everything! "

for 2 K you can get a damm good set of wheels , i would have a look at the BMC timemachine TMR02, full carbon fibre frame , shimano'd to the eyeballs, a damm good bike all in all.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

Buy yourself a licence...

As in hire bike training and test.

Use the time to ride as many bikes as possible and go from there when you have a full licence.

"Buy yourself a licence...

As in hire bike training and test.

Use the time to ride as many bikes as possible and go from there when you have a full licence."

Cheers buddy. I'll think I'll take this advice aswell as everyone elses on board. Will still be replying/ to everyone. As Id like to hear everyone's opinions. Thankyou guys!

"I've got £2k to play with in a matter of speak, I can get a bike on finance. What bike do you ride and what are the costs? For everything!

for 2 K you can get a damm good set of wheels , i would have a look at the BMC timemachine TMR02, full carbon fibre frame , shimano'd to the eyeballs, a damm good bike all in all. "

Not sure if trolling or has velcro shoes....

"I've got £2k to play with in a matter of speak, I can get a bike on finance. What bike do you ride and what are the costs? For everything!

for 2 K you can get a damm good set of wheels , i would have a look at the BMC timemachine TMR02, full carbon fibre frame , shimano'd to the eyeballs, a damm good bike all in all.

Not sure if trolling or has velcro shoes...."

I giggled! Though, yeah. I don't feel like having a £2,000 bicycle as I don't think it would last very long at all.

Its going to cost you about £800 for licence, £500 for kit so not leaving you much for bike and insurance. Don't forget its going to cost around £200 depending on bike to get it restricted as well. Would suggest an XJ600N or a Bandit as a first big bike.

By *rsIdiotWoman  over a year ago

Bedworth

As it stands, with no licence, you have to do cbt first for about £120. Then you are legal to ride upto 125cc for two years, in which time you must pass theory and practical tests. if you don't pass them then it's another cbt for you.

I have a vespa, an older model which cost me less that £500. I got the best safety gear I could afford (boots were a bargain from a charity shop) my road tax is 17 quid a year and fully comp insurance is 15 a month.

My commute used to be 10 miles each way and a tank of fuel lasted all week. Now I work closer, only five miles away

[Removed by poster at 27/03/15 20:33:04]

I have an RF900, a tank costs about £17 to fill at the highest price, it can do about 210 till you need a petrol station.

Nice for cruising as it is a heavy bike, it is quick though.

By *tep121Man  over a year ago

manchester

U can only have a 125cc for first year after passing your test so im sorry u will have to go for a 125. However, many people are looking to learn, and h can also trade up after a year or 2 for a bigger bike. I dont have a bike, but my dad n bro do. Bro has a honda cbr600 (new) and loves it. Did have a suzuki 125 to begin with

If your looking for a good 125 there is the aprilla, cbr 125 or even a varadero all good bikes to start riding on, I found doing a couple ov years on a 125 is good it gets you usto the road and actualy riding in itself befor jumping on a bigger bike, I spent £600 on gear and that's without a jacket and insurance can be a bitch, there are some realy good finance scheams out there its just finding the one that suits you, there are even ones that provide you with gear and a cbt in the cost ov the finance, so keep your eyes peeled. Good luck on the road and remember dress for the slide not for the ride xxx

"If you want a commuter that's a bit fun, you can find plenty of SV650's or Yamaha Fazers at well inside your budget. You'll probably need to allow about £300-£400 for insurance."
two great practical bikes i had a fazer 600 i loved it and the sv are v-twin and sound great

Not sure if trolling or has velcro shoes...."

certianly not trolling , the bmc is a damm good bike and if i had 2 grand in my pocket i would be down to the bike shop this morning to get one , the mrs might throw a fit mind

Scunthorpe

certianly not trolling , the bmc is a damm good bike and if i had 2 grand in my pocket i would be down to the bike shop this morning to get one , the mrs might throw a fit mind "

It's not actually a motorcycle though

certianly not trolling , the bmc is a damm good bike and if i had 2 grand in my pocket i would be down to the bike shop this morning to get one , the mrs might throw a fit mind "

The thread title kinda gives away what is being asked though....

I have a Vulcan 900 Custom and like you I am a tall guy and its a great comfy ride . It will never win any street races but I love the attention it receives with its black and chrome polished look and Vance & Hines pipes.

certianly not trolling , the bmc is a damm good bike and if i had 2 grand in my pocket i would be down to the bike shop this morning to get one , the mrs might throw a fit mind

It's not actually a motorcycle though "

back in the day , 1980 i think , i had a honda superdream , ran the thing ragged , joined the army and got posted to germany so gave the thing away , wish i had kept it now , but that was the last bike i owned , been cycling since then

» Add a new message to this topic