FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Anybody use/used an ecig?

Anybody use/used an ecig?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I give up smoking nearly 2 months ago now and been using an ecig, just wondered at what point people try and quit using the ecig too?

I've reduced my use of it but think it's become a habit using it and I want to break it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yeah I gave up January after 30 odd years of smoking. And yes I reckon I can not give the ecig up yet. But it has got to be heathier and tastes and smells better then the real cigs

By *iggles and BeardyCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

Wiggles uses one and its cut her smoking down a ton. Smells a lot nicer and dosnt cause me asthma attacks. So even though I don't smoke either, I far prefer the ecigs.

"Wiggles uses one and its cut her smoking down a ton. Smells a lot nicer and dosnt cause me asthma attacks. So even though I don't smoke either, I far prefer the ecigs."

I tried it but came to the conclusion your just replacing the habit, you can lower the nicotine mg but the physical aspect is all in the mental approach...Ecigs make it easier to quit but they don't make it easy.

Good on ya though, i also struggled to find any decent flavours other than Blueberry but i saved a heap of ones since i started 'vaping'

Sorry my post might as come across as confusing - I've quit smoking cigarettes totally, I was a 20/30 a day guy and decided to stop one day, it's the ecig I want to quit because I find it gives me a dry throat and sometimes I sound like Barry White

"Sorry my post might as come across as confusing - I've quit smoking cigarettes totally, I was a 20/30 a day guy and decided to stop one day, it's the ecig I want to quit because I find it gives me a dry throat and sometimes I sound like Barry White "

The ladies love a Barry White

"I tried it but came to the conclusion your just replacing the habit, you can lower the nicotine mg but the physical aspect is all in the mental approach...Ecigs make it easier to quit but they don't make it easy.

Good on ya though, i also struggled to find any decent flavours other than Blueberry but i saved a heap of ones since i started 'vaping' "

Thanks man

Yes I'm down to the low MG which is good as only now and again I feel the requirement for nicotine - I just want to break the habit of the ecig too.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

I bought a cheap £20 Ecig kit from the garage. Lasted a week or so.

In January I went into our local vape shop and splashed out £70 on a decent set up that's still going strong and I've just bought an e-pipe - a gorgeous brushed steel and real wood set up that with a decent tank and dripper was about £90 (plus a couple of new batteries).

The cheap ecigs didn't give me the 'hit' that smoking did, so I'd have the occasional lapse. The better kit works wonders.

Oh - and if you want a good 'flavour' I can strongly recommend caramel macchiato!

A

Barry White sold millions of records. You'll need management and an agent.

"Sorry my post might as come across as confusing - I've quit smoking cigarettes totally, I was a 20/30 a day guy and decided to stop one day, it's the ecig I want to quit because I find it gives me a dry throat and sometimes I sound like Barry White

The ladies love a Barry White "

Not with a Welsh accent

"I bought a cheap £20 Ecig kit from the garage. Lasted a week or so.

In January I went into our local vape shop and splashed out £70 on a decent set up that's still going strong and I've just bought an e-pipe - a gorgeous brushed steel and real wood set up that with a decent tank and dripper was about £90 (plus a couple of new batteries).

The cheap ecigs didn't give me the 'hit' that smoking did, so I'd have the occasional lapse. The better kit works wonders.

Oh - and if you want a good 'flavour' I can strongly recommend caramel macchiato!

A"

I'll give that one a try!

My £30 kit is doing its job perfectly, I've seen those big set ups but think they're a bit over the top for public, I've got a nice brushed steel one that looks great in hand and far nicer to the eye than a packet of fags

"I bought a cheap £20 Ecig kit from the garage. Lasted a week or so.

A"

Went to a local Vape store & tried a table of different flavours...felt sick! Some of them are scandalous!

I'm quite content with the £20 one for a few months now, have the odd lapse with a pint though but thats just my own laziness & it's a nightmare (although a laugh) trying to refill when pissed! Lol

Will check your recommendation out, thanks

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Just make sure you always use only the dedicated ac charger that was supplied with the kit

I used ecigs for six months, I had early issues caused by smoking them in the same way you have, sore throat and mouth, that went after a few days.

I found over time it simply became a cigarette that never ran out, I used it more and more until it became ridiculous.

I then realised, as you have, the dependency I had formed for the ecig. Easy to do as you tend to feel healthier and strangely guilt free as you are feeling better.

I went out and brought some nicorette inhalators and did a combined thing, ecig and NI until after a month I was using only the inhalator.

Everything was going fine, I was heading in the right direction until I experienced, what I can only explain as, 'my head flipped'.

It lasted until I had a cigarette (Id thrown the ecigs away), yep, straight back on the fags!

All I can think is I got some inhalators that may have been fake, they cost and must be easy to copy, they really did mess me up.

I am going to start stopping again, in the same way and just hope it was a fake batch before.

This time I'm going to time the ecig use, not immediately but once I have stopped the cigarette craving.

Set your phone/watch alarm for 30 mins and smoke for say 3 mins do this for a week then increase the set alarm time to 35 or 40 mins, its up to you. Continue doing this until it becomes silly like waiting five hours plus between puffs lol

By then you have taken control of the constant usage of the ecig and built your confidence in going without.

This may seem stupid for others but hey-ho lol

Good luck fella

"I used ecigs for six months, I had early issues caused by smoking them in the same way you have, sore throat and mouth, that went after a few days.

I found over time it simply became a cigarette that never ran out, I used it more and more until it became ridiculous.

I then realised, as you have, the dependency I had formed for the ecig. Easy to do as you tend to feel healthier and strangely guilt free as you are feeling better.

I went out and brought some nicorette inhalators and did a combined thing, ecig and NI until after a month I was using only the inhalator.

Everything was going fine, I was heading in the right direction until I experienced, what I can only explain as, 'my head flipped'.

It lasted until I had a cigarette (Id thrown the ecigs away), yep, straight back on the fags!

All I can think is I got some inhalators that may have been fake, they cost and must be easy to copy, they really did mess me up.

I am going to start stopping again, in the same way and just hope it was a fake batch before.

This time I'm going to time the ecig use, not immediately but once I have stopped the cigarette craving.

Set your phone/watch alarm for 30 mins and smoke for say 3 mins do this for a week then increase the set alarm time to 35 or 40 mins, its up to you. Continue doing this until it becomes silly like waiting five hours plus between puffs lol

By then you have taken control of the constant usage of the ecig and built your confidence in going without.

Good luck fella

"

That's not actually a bad way of trying to cut it out.

I only use mine seldom though, mainly when I used to smoke more like when driving or traveling, after I finish a task at work, whilst having a coffee and like a lot of smokers - when having a drink.

I survived two sessions on the lash with only one thought of having a cigarette.

Luckily for me the smell of smoke now actually turns me so don't think I'd return to smoking no matter what, I just want to quit the ecig use and wean myself off, I only like simple addictions like sex haha... So being addicted to an electronic cigarette seems silly to me.

I quit by e cig , bought strong liquid, and used that for a while , cutting down the strength over a few months, when I was on the weakest I just bought some nicotine free , and then kept diluting it down so eventually I was on nicotine free.

Eventually I started having probs with e cig not holding charge for very long , so I was restricted to using it , last time I had to change it for 5 hours , to get 4 puffs from,

Can't be arsed with it now .

Smoked 40 a day for donkeys years, started smoking when I was 12

The thing you need to remember is whenever you go have a fag all that pain you went through when you last quit , will be back with you .

There is no such thing as just one cigarette when you are a ex smoker, just as there is no such thing as just one drink if your an alcoholic .

The pain is worth it if your willing to give up .

I tried all nicotine stuff from doctors, and pills etc , took me 9 years to quit and I did it

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"I used ecigs for six months, I had early issues caused by smoking them in the same way you have, sore throat and mouth, that went after a few days.

Good luck fella

That's not actually a bad way of trying to cut it out.

I only use mine seldom though, mainly when I used to smoke more like when driving or traveling, after I finish a task at work, whilst having a coffee and like a lot of smokers - when having a drink.

I survived two sessions on the lash with only one thought of having a cigarette.

Luckily for me the smell of smoke now actually turns me so don't think I'd return to smoking no matter what, I just want to quit the ecig use and wean myself off, I only like simple addictions like sex haha... So being addicted to an electronic cigarette seems silly to me."

I see less of an issue with vaping than I ever did with smoking. I can do it in the house, the car - anywhere that is previously either not smoke or would leave a fag smell.

Cost wise? Now I've bought my kits - after the initial expense I can get through maybe one bottle (20ml) of juice a week at £6.50 rather than £7 a day on cigs.

Health wise? Sure, I'm still putting nicotine into my system. But gone are the multitude of harmful chemicals that came with the fags.

"Some cancer-causing chemicals in tobacco smoke and their other common uses

Tar - a mixture of dangerous chemicals

Arsenic - used in wood preservatives

Benzene - an industrial solvent, refined from crude oil

Cadmium - used in batteries

Formaldehyde - used in mortuaries and paint manufacturing

Polonium-210 - a highly radioactive element

Chromium - used to manufacture dye, paints and alloys

1,3-Butadiene - used in rubber manufacturing

Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons - a group of dangerous DNA-damaging chemicals

Tobacco-specific nitrosamines - a group of carcinogens only found in tobacco

Acrolein - used as a chemical weapon in World War 1 - and acetaldehyde - used in the industrial production of acid

Other chemicals in cigarette smoke

Nicotine – highly addictive

Hydrogen cyanide - used as an industrial pesticide

Carbon monoxide - found in car exhausts and used in chemicals manufacturing

Nitrogen oxides - a major component of smog

Ammonia - used to make fertilisers and explosives

And many more"

*borrowed from cancer research!

I'm far happier and healthier on the vape.

A

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Oh this again (no offence OP)

Been on mine for 2.5 years, much healthier than before, have more money in my pocket, have my taste buds back, I dont stink of smoke.

I have no interest at the moment to give my e-cig up.

Obi - £6.50 is the most I have seen for liquid, I pay £4 or x3 for £10

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Oh this again (no offence OP)

Been on mine for 2.5 years, much healthier than before, have more money in my pocket, have my taste buds back, I dont stink of smoke.

Obi - £6.50 is the most I have seen for liquid, I pay £4 or x3 for £10"

I've seen it cheaper - I just like this one.

I'd never buy 'blind' off the internet and at less than a single pack of fags it's good value to me.

A

Cardiff

I'd never buy 'blind' off the internet and at less than a single pack of fags it's good value to me.

A"

I dont think I have made an online purchase in almost 10 years now.

I go to my local expert shop and try the testers on my own battery first.

How the hell did we ever afford to smoke?

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

A

How the hell did we ever afford to smoke?"

More to the point - where's all the spare cash I should now have disappearing too?

A

Cardiff

A

How the hell did we ever afford to smoke?

More to the point - where's all the spare cash I should now have disappearing too?

A"

If you put the £8 or whatever in a pot by the end of the year......right, lets just stop that Your right, somehow it just dosent work that way

I've tried a ecig and didn't like it so I'm using patches and the nicorette spray which is rank

» Add a new message to this topic