FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Clarkson replacements

Clarkson replacements

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

With it being confirmed that Clarkson has been axed And James May look likely to follow, who does everyone think can replace the team?

The most logical rumour I heard was jodie kidd

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Piers Morgan, Boris Johnson and Sabine Schmidt.

Paul & Barry Chuckle

Chris Evans. Top Gear isn't top gear without clarkson hammond and may though. They make the show

Zayn formerly of One Direction, coincidence?

By *igandanneCouple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Rowen atkinson would be fun

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Jeremy Paxman

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

The real question should be which celebrities would be so stupid as to accept such a poison chalice?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Maybe get White Dee in there, she'd be more fun

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

"With it being confirmed that Clarkson has been axed And James May look likely to follow, who does everyone think can replace the team?

The most logical rumour I heard was jodie kidd"

The program is dead.

"With it being confirmed that Clarkson has been axed And James May look likely to follow, who does everyone think can replace the team?

The program is dead. "

The format has been sold all over the world. I wouldn't be surprised if one of these countries, or another altogether, sign them up and then sell it to Dave. Or even back to the BBC.

By *lshere77Man  over a year ago

Wigan

Dangermouse and Penfold

Guy Martin and Chris Evans!

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

Nobody ......top gear will be shit without the 3 amigos ...time to wrap it up maybe come up with a whole new concept

Chris Evans has already ruled himself out.

Peirs Morgan would kill the show - I for one wouldn't watch it again if he was presenting it.

Guy Martin seems to be a popular choice.

I also think we need to wonder about replacements for Hamster and Captain Slow, as it is possible that they won't renew their contracts and may team up with Jezza and sign for a rival broadcaster.

Heres a list of the people who could replace Clarkson

By *rank_SimoneCouple  over a year ago

Bideford

Ed Miliband, Nigel Farage and Nick Clegg as they will soon be looking for new jobs

But it doesn't really matter as the program is dead.

New verson coming soon on Sky or ITV

The BBC could just franchise the the format to Clarkson, May and Hammond, who set up their own production company and sell the programmes back to the BBC.

Of course, that would make far too much sense.

By *o-jCouple  over a year ago

Outskirts of Notts

Miliband and cameron , they have pretend arguments and talk of a lot of shit and would be brilliant at organising building things that never work out .

Once anything original is removed , then the whole dynamic changes and it will never be the same.

Sad to see Jezza go ....... and the programme.

"Heres a list of the people who could replace Clarkson

."

I'd have to choose . number 1! For sure! He's so exciting and knows his cars u see

Suzi Perry, David Coulthard and Eddie Jordan.

Wigan

BBC3 showed Top Gear tonight. .....bloody hypocrisy

Doesn't matter who the presenters are, the whole show will have to come back with a new format

Bucky O'hare

Your mum.

Punch and Judy

Who gives a shit, he's a fat pompous git! A prick I'd say and his ego is far bigger than the latter

The entire cast of Gareth Merenghi's Darkplace, and Steve Parrish.

Me, I could spend all day cocking about in cars and being practicality incorrect.

Reckon I could be brilliant.

By *educedWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

Whoa whoa!

I just saw a tweet from Chuck Norris asking Netflix to buy the rights to Top Gear.

He hath spoken!

Looks like the licence fee will be going up again

Gimp

By *oward1978Man  over a year ago

Rotherham

Uncle Traveling Matt, Angela Lansbury and Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez (known as The Rat)

That's my dream team right there

No matter what I don't think a presenter can became bigger then a show. While these three were great they can be replaced. The only three people I can imagine presenting Top Gear are Angus Deayton, Paul Merton and Ian Hislop can't see it happening but I think these three could pull it off.

"No matter what I don't think a presenter can became bigger then a show. While these three were great they can be replaced. The only three people I can imagine presenting Top Gear are Angus Deayton, Paul Merton and Ian Hislop can't see it happening but I think these three could pull it off."
they're good at doing that!

What is so stupid about all this is if it was a couple of guys in the street haveing a bit of a ruck and even if the police was involved it would be a rap over the knuckles and that would be it, the stupid bbc executives who some have always been jealous of his success have now cut their noses off to spite there face , they will lose millions , may and Hammond will probably leave some other company will probably buy the format up and will put it on another channel, the news papers blew it up and made it look worse than what it was , basically handbags at dawn, it's just crazy

I think that James May & the other little fella will do fine at the BBC doing children's programs, - well they both do already, virtually, & they're bloody good at it too, but rather than wonder about the future of future presenters of top gear, I worry more for the one million wankers who signed the petition to reinstate him!!

Awwwwwe, bless em!

By *ark PassengerMan  over a year ago

Crewe

"I think that James May & the other little fella will do fine at the BBC doing children's programs, - well they both do already, virtually, & they're bloody good at it too, but rather than wonder about the future of future presenters of top gear, I worry more for the one million wankers who signed the petition to reinstate him!!

Awwwwwe, bless em! "

Why is signing a petition a travesty, a life or death situation or really just something many do on a whim with no lasting negatives if it doesn't work out the way they want.

I was more worried about the lack of brain cells.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I was more worried about the lack of brain cells. "
Thanks for your concern, but none needed.

"I was more worried about the lack of brain cells. Thanks for your concern, but none needed. "

I thought not!

By *ark PassengerMan  over a year ago

Crewe

"I was more worried about the lack of brain cells. "

I was kind enough not to connect that with your comment but as you did I wouldn't disagree.

By *o-jCouple  over a year ago

Outskirts of Notts

I've heard his replacement is Evans ???

"I think that James May & the other little fella will do fine at the BBC doing children's programs, - well they both do already, virtually, & they're bloody good at it too, but rather than wonder about the future of future presenters of top gear, I worry more for the one million wankers who signed the petition to reinstate him!!

Awwwwwe, bless em!

Why is signing a petition a travesty, a life or death situation or really just something many do on a whim with no lasting negatives if it doesn't work out the way they want."

Travesty? A life or death situation? Now tell me; who mentioned those words apart from you?

......now please recline back on your couch & we'll get to the bottom of this ..........after many sessions...

By *gNeMan  over a year ago

Harrogate

"What is so stupid about all this is if it was a couple of guys in the street haveing a bit of a ruck and even if the police was involved it would be a rap over the knuckles and that would be it, the stupid bbc executives who some have always been jealous of his success have now cut their noses off to spite there face , they will lose millions , may and Hammond will probably leave some other company will probably buy the format up and will put it on another channel, the news papers blew it up and made it look worse than what it was , basically handbags at dawn, it's just crazy"

If it was a ruck in the street old Jezza would have been the one in hospital..

"What is so stupid about all this is if it was a couple of guys in the street haveing a bit of a ruck and even if the police was involved it would be a rap over the knuckles and that would be it, the stupid bbc executives who some have always been jealous of his success have now cut their noses off to spite there face , they will lose millions , may and Hammond will probably leave some other company will probably buy the format up and will put it on another channel, the news papers blew it up and made it look worse than what it was , basically handbags at dawn, it's just crazy"

"What is stupid about all this is......."

....but it wasn't fisticuffs in the street, was it!!!

"What is so stupid about all this is if it was a couple of guys in the street haveing a bit of a ruck and even if the police was involved it would be a rap over the knuckles and that would be it, the stupid bbc executives who some have always been jealous of his success have now cut their noses off to spite there face , they will lose millions , may and Hammond will probably leave some other company will probably buy the format up and will put it on another channel, the news papers blew it up and made it look worse than what it was , basically handbags at dawn, it's just crazy

....but it wasn't fisticuffs in the street, was it!!! "

I find it extraordinary that so many defend Clarkson. Unless you play professional rugby, box or wrestle for a living, throwing punches at work colleagues should always get you in trouble. The sack and prosecution are what Clarkson deserves and hopefully he will get both. How on earth can people defend someone who launched into an expletive laden tirade then physical assault - whatever the reason? That it was over something so trivial makes it even more indefensible. Most people finish work feeling tired and hungry - then have to drive home through heavy traffic, cook dinner and then do the washing up! Clarkson fans should be angry with the man himself. An appalling incident over a small matter and not the first time he has been in trouble: he was incredibly lucky not to get sacked over the N word thing. As for who replaces him, who cares? It's a tv show ffs. Take interest in who will win the election instead - as that might dictate whether you have a job over the next few years, whether you have enough money to live on and so on

"What is so stupid about all this is if it was a couple of guys in the street haveing a bit of a ruck and even if the police was involved it would be a rap over the knuckles and that would be it, the stupid bbc executives who some have always been jealous of his success have now cut their noses off to spite there face , they will lose millions , may and Hammond will probably leave some other company will probably buy the format up and will put it on another channel, the news papers blew it up and made it look worse than what it was , basically handbags at dawn, it's just crazy

....but it wasn't fisticuffs in the street, was it!!! "

You hit someone at work, it's instant dismissal!

period!!

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

What about Farage? Would anyone spot any difference and have they ever been seen in the same place at the same time before?

I find it extraordinary that so many defend Clarkson. Unless you play professional rugby, box or wrestle for a living, throwing punches at work colleagues should always get you in trouble. The sack and prosecution are what Clarkson deserves and hopefully he will get both. How on earth can people defend someone who launched into an expletive laden tirade then physical assault - whatever the reason? That it was over something so trivial makes it even more indefensible. Most people finish work feeling tired and hungry - then have to drive home through heavy traffic, cook dinner and then do the washing up! Clarkson fans should be angry with the man himself. An appalling incident over a small matter and not the first time he has been in trouble: he was incredibly lucky not to get sacked over the N word thing. As for who replaces him, who cares? It's a tv show ffs. Take interest in who will win the election instead - as that might dictate whether you have a job over the next few years, whether you have enough money to live on and so on"

Agree

[Removed by poster at 26/03/15 09:29:15]

I find it extraordinary that so many defend Clarkson. Unless you play professional rugby, box or wrestle for a living, throwing punches at work colleagues should always get you in trouble. The sack and prosecution are what Clarkson deserves and hopefully he will get both. How on earth can people defend someone who launched into an expletive laden tirade then physical assault - whatever the reason? That it was over something so trivial makes it even more indefensible. Most people finish work feeling tired and hungry - then have to drive home through heavy traffic, cook dinner and then do the washing up! Clarkson fans should be angry with the man himself. An appalling incident over a small matter and not the first time he has been in trouble: he was incredibly lucky not to get sacked over the N word thing. As for who replaces him, who cares? It's a tv show ffs. Take interest in who will win the election instead - as that might dictate whether you have a job over the next few years, whether you have enough money to live on and so on

Agree "

I find it extraordinary that so many defend Clarkson. Unless you play professional rugby, box or wrestle for a living, throwing punches at work colleagues should always get you in trouble. The sack and prosecution are what Clarkson deserves and hopefully he will get both. How on earth can people defend someone who launched into an expletive laden tirade then physical assault - whatever the reason? That it was over something so trivial makes it even more indefensible. Most people finish work feeling tired and hungry - then have to drive home through heavy traffic, cook dinner and then do the washing up! Clarkson fans should be angry with the man himself. An appalling incident over a small matter and not the first time he has been in trouble: he was incredibly lucky not to get sacked over the N word thing. As for who replaces him, who cares? It's a tv show ffs. Take interest in who will win the election instead - as that might dictate whether you have a job over the next few years, whether you have enough money to live on and so on"

It should be an all girl affair.

Suzi Perry

Jodi Kidd

Vicky Butler-Henderson

See what antics they can get up to.

Leather Catsuits obligatory!

Wow - an actual voice of reason! I must be in the wrong place?

"It should be an all girl affair.

Suzi Perry

Jodi Kidd

Vicky Butler-Henderson

See what antics they can get up to.

Leather Catsuits obligatory!

"

If not for the fact that they must be way too old (if even still alive) I'd love to see this given to the cast of Russ Meyer's classic female road/murder movie 'Faster Pussycat, Kill Kill!'

Anyone really give a shit end of day Clarkson assaulted someone as in all employment not only is it criminal its gross misconduct and anyone actually defending him are condoing break8bg tge law and assault.

As for James May leaving more fool him unlikely because of petulancece will get a better job than he has and he will find he has no bargaining power with potential employers as a result.

End of day they are just tv presenters why do folk think they are gods.

Wow - an actual voice of reason! I must be in the wrong place? "

Spot on.

"Zayn formerly of One Direction, coincidence? "

PMSL! Yes lol.

Although I would start watching it again if Guy Martin was hosting. Mr P and I used to watch it religiously, now not so much! We tried watching it a few weeks ago but turned it off as its old now.

Love Guy Martin though!

Do you think I should reiterate that.

LOVE GUY MARTIN.

Mrs P x

"Paul & Barry Chuckle"

The Cheeky Girls

Guy Martin - I mean he's great, I absolutely loved his Spitfire programme, and he comes across as a genuinely nice bloke (unlike some....)

BUT there's a problem with giving this job to him - NONE of the cars he ever tested would be anywhere near as good as his incredible old Volvo estate!

By *oe bloggs69Man  over a year ago

fife

hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha

fife

"Chris Evans. Top Gear isn't top gear without clarkson hammond and may though. They make the show "
Chris Evans would make it a homage to ferrari

fife

The program is dead. "

agree 100%

fife

[Removed by poster at 26/03/15 12:06:58]

fife

Quentin willson is quality tho

"I was more worried about the lack of brain cells. Thanks for your concern, but none needed. "

Was thinking that myself.

"Quentin willson is quality tho"
it was interesting listening to him doing a hatchet job on Clarkson yesterday.

Was he part of the TG team the last time it was cancelled?

They should just stop Top Gear and move on. Put on a cookery programme on Sunday nights; we need one of them. Trying to bring it back with 3 PC presenters will just loose all its appeal and destroy its reputation. RIP Top Gear.

What is the bet the terrible threesomes will turn up on a new show called "High Gear" on another network within 6 months.

By *inkylouiseWoman  over a year ago

Burnley

Simple answer you cant replace him.

3 stooges

By *.nottsbloke..Man  over a year ago

nottinghamshire

Not that I have watching the news tons but I have not heard ic he actually being prosecuted after all the guy he punch ended up with a split lip so surely he should be

Wigan

Its ok for Gordon Ramsey to f and blind, bully and shout.......hypocrisy

"Its ok for Gordon Ramsey to f and blind, bully and shout.......hypocrisy"

It may be hypocrisy but not by the BBC. Weren't the programmes he's been in produced by ITV, Channel 4 and Fox?

Wigan

He regularly appears on BBC

Guy martin chris Evans and Steve cougan

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Its ok for Gordon Ramsey to f and blind, bully and shout.......hypocrisy"

your clearly incapable of accepting that unjustified assault is morally and criminally wrong ..

"He regularly appears on BBC"

I've seem him as a guest on top gear and have I got news for you but not heard of him making unprovoked physical assaults on people as part of those or other appearances on BBC.

Have you?

Wigan

Google it.....he has been far worse than JC

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

Ant & Dec. They might as well be, they're on every other fucking thing.

"Google it.....he has been far worse than JC"

I have. I can't find any accusations of unprovoked assaults by him. Perhaps you could provide a verifiable example? And then say who is being hypocritical and why.

Dick Dastardly & Muttley + Penelope Pitstop

By *verysmileMan  over a year ago

CANTERBURY

Fanny Craddock, Benito Mussolini and Keyser Soze

I put my money on Craddock to dominate the others

"Google it.....he has been far worse than JC

I have. I can't find any accusations of unprovoked assaults by him. Perhaps you could provide a verifiable example? And then say who is being hypocritical and why."

Ramsey is the worst

What about some BBC favourites. One of the nice guys they happily promoted... Rolf Harris, Stuart Hall and Dave Lee Travis. Maybe do Cars from the Other Side bit with Jimmy Saville?

I have. I can't find any accusations of unprovoked assaults by him. Perhaps you could provide a verifiable example? And then say who is being hypocritical and why.

Ramsey is the worst"

Ramsey's behaviours shouldn't be tolerated either.

Ultimately work place bullying should be eradicated. Abusing and bullying people is not acceptable anywhere - at home, in the workplace or socially. Sadly those who accept it or even find it amusing help perpetuate the problem. All very funny till you have a boss or work colleague treating you in such a fashion. We should all find fault with the behaviours of the likes of Clarkson and Ramsey. Once we do, bullying managers and the like will begin to realise that they cannot behave so badly - else they themselves will face the axe

Perhaps the most amusing part of the Clarkson case is that he said the producer would be on the dole after the incident. Wrong, JC!

"What about some BBC favourites. One of the nice guys they happily promoted... Rolf Harris, Stuart Hall and Dave Lee Travis. Maybe do Cars from the Other Side bit with Jimmy Saville?"

I don't know if you are suggesting that they didn't act on the likes of Savile so shouldn't do here. If so, I'd suggest that is an abhorrent thing to suggest. The BBC rightly came in for huge criticism over keeping schtum over the 'open secret' what Savile was really like. Surely the parallels between Savile and Clarkson - as recently alluded to by the BBC - is that the Corporation can no longer turn a blind eye to awful behaviour from even their biggest stars. If so, I welcome such a stance. About time. Who knows? Maybe this case will ensure that people who abuse their power will stop doing so. Wouldn't be a bad thing, would it?

By *aro7Man  over a year ago

wickford

Thing is,,,,,,,,that Oisin chap didn't report it, clarkson did. But why would you report it anyway, a dust up that could have been talked through and apologies given when the dust had settled,,,,,,,,job done, carry on. Trouble is these days everybody is quick to grass,,,,,,,no one deals with it like men, quick I'm gonna tell mummy,,,,,,look at all the agg this has created,,,,,,,and pointless media, I'm dissappointed this show has ended,,,,,,,,but what uneccasary pith,,,,,,,anyway. To replace them well,,,,,,

Zippy

Bungle

George.

Vin diesel

Its a pity Bernard Manning is still not around....

"Chris Evans. Top Gear isn't top gear without clarkson hammond and may though. They make the show "
Funnily enough a lot of people see them as three cast iron cunts

Hugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert , Dibble and Grubb

fife

"Hugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert , Dibble and Grubb "
LLF

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Let three ladies haves go and change the shows direction completely... as the other two have gone I'd guess all three twats will resurrect the show on a different network

"Hugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert , Dibble and Grubb "

I'll have that bloody tune in my head all day now.!

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Can it be any coincidence that Mr Marmite has left the site?

"Thing is,,,,,,,,that Oisin chap didn't report it, clarkson did. But why would you report it anyway, a dust up that could have been talked through and apologies given when the dust had settled,,,,,,,,job done, carry on. Trouble is these days everybody is quick to grass,,,,,,,no one deals with it like men, quick I'm gonna tell mummy,,,,,,look at all the agg this has created,,,,,,,and pointless media, I'm dissappointed this show has ended,,,,,,,,but what uneccasary pith,,,,,,,anyway. To replace them well,,,,,,

Zippy

Bungle

George.

"

I agree that Clarkson behaved like a child - though I doubt that is the point you were making

Ramsey is the worst

Ramsey's behaviours shouldn't be tolerated either.

Ultimately work place bullying should be eradicated. Abusing and bullying people is not acceptable anywhere - at home, in the workplace or socially. Sadly those who accept it or even find it amusing help perpetuate the problem. All very funny till you have a boss or work colleague treating you in such a fashion. We should all find fault with the behaviours of the likes of Clarkson and Ramsey. Once we do, bullying managers and the like will begin to realise that they cannot behave so badly - else they themselves will face the axe

Perhaps the most amusing part of the Clarkson case is that he said the producer would be on the dole after the incident. Wrong, JC!"

By *ere-for-my-convenienceWoman  over a year ago

West Midlands

Anyone better looking

Guy THINGY that builds things

Daniel Craig

Jason Statham

Liam Neeson

It's quite clear what will happen now he has been sacked, itv will employ him and make there own show as they did with Jonathan Ross

Jonathan Ross is back doing the same job on the Beeb that got him sacked

By *iss_Samantha_LovecockTV/TS  over a year ago

bmth /poole sometimes blandford

what about Jeremy Paxman

Nick Ferrari and Jonathan Woss

By *i-shoptonMan  over a year ago

bishopton

"Suzi Perry, David Coulthard and Eddie Jordan."

Too serious!..... Very able but better suited to a serious ( yawn) car programme.............. Oh and please , please , please not Jodie Kidd........

Easy! Karl Pilkington!

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

Dermot o leary is leaving x factor

» Add a new message to this topic