FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > BANE

BANE

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

To all the film fanatics out there.

Bane as portrayed by Tom Hardy in the Dark Knight films - does anyone else other than obviously me agree that he's the best super villain in film history?

For all Heath Ledger fans, apologies. The Joker was pretty badass too but I'm thinking of characters who could have sequels made about them. How Warner Bros haven't invested in a few Bane films is beyond me - and the way Hardy portrays him is so good it gave me goosebumps the first time I watched at the cinema. Brilliant!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

What about Ming the Merciless? It took an entire spaceship to bump him off.

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

How can they make sequels? Didn't he die? X

"How can they make sequels? Didn't he die? X"

By sequel I mean another film with him in it. And it could be of the past, before his death etc.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Bane was utterly abysmal in the Dark Knight Rises. He spoke like a third rate actor chewing Shakespeare. Trevor Slattery could have done a better job.

Then again the whole film was a bit pants really.

"What about Ming the Merciless? It took an entire spaceship to bump him off. "

I'm afraid to say I don't know who that is

"Bane was utterly abysmal in the Dark Knight Rises. He spoke like a third rate actor chewing Shakespeare. Trevor Slattery could have done a better job.

Then again the whole film was a bit pants really."

Guessing you're more of an X-man fan.....

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

"What about Ming the Merciless? It took an entire spaceship to bump him off.

I'm afraid to say I don't know who that is "

WHAAAAAAAAAAT?????

Shame on you!!!

"What about Ming the Merciless? It took an entire spaceship to bump him off.

I'm afraid to say I don't know who that is

WHAAAAAAAAAAT?????

Shame on you!!!"

Flash! Ah ah....

"To all the film fanatics out there.

Bane as portrayed by Tom Hardy in the Dark Knight films - does anyone else other than obviously me agree that he's the best super villain in film history?

For all Heath Ledger fans, apologies. The Joker was pretty badass too but I'm thinking of characters who could have sequels made about them. How Warner Bros haven't invested in a few Bane films is beyond me - and the way Hardy portrays him is so good it gave me goosebumps the first time I watched at the cinema. Brilliant!"

Personally I can't wait to see the pirate in the spongebob movie.

And I can't believe you have omitted lotso huggin bear from your list of super villains. You clearly know nothing

Bane in the movie deviates substantially from the source material. To call him the greatest cinematic villain ever seems a bit over the top. What about Francis Dollarhyde from Manhunter, Darth Vader, Khan. There are so many more nuanced and frightening villains in cinema

Each to their own guys, and no need for the sarcasm.

As an avid Batman comic reader since toddler days I always admired Bane the villain. I always wondered what he would look and sound like in real life. And I think Hardy more than brought him to life in the film. The film itself was shite I don't rate it but Bane for me was the highlight of it. Hence why I'm begging for another film with him as the lead!

I know I'm being biased cos I don't like Star Wars, etc. but my expectations were exceeded when this film came out. That's all

I enjoyed dark knight rises. Loved bane in it. Tom hardy is a great actor and i thought played him well. I think heaths joker probably shaded it though. Got to give props to jack nickolsons joker As well. Awesome performance.

Didn't rate manhunter. Loved the book red dragon though. I do agree the character dolorhyde was twistedly brilliant.

Burn the new trilogy star wars films. Disgrace to the franchise. Best part was when you hear dv breath has his helmet gets put on for the first time.

totally agree on manhunter jesus he was a creepy fecker n the guy who played hannibal was the most spine chillingly delicious portale of evil i have ever seen totally ice cold and enigmatic with devilish humor and a strange drawing sex appeal mmmmmmm yumbo

tom hardy is a great actor..cant wait to see his new movie were he plays both kray twins..he was very good as bane same as he is in all his films

Dr evil.

FOR YOU

Danny Devito as the Penguin

'What a lovely, lovely voice' - quote of the film!!

For all Heath Ledger fans, apologies. The Joker was pretty badass too but I'm thinking of characters who could have sequels made about them. How Warner Bros haven't invested in a few Bane films is beyond me - and the way Hardy portrays him is so good it gave me goosebumps the first time I watched at the cinema. Brilliant!"

I disagree. It was an ok performance hindered by an awful voice and (dare I say it of Christopher nolan) bad directing.

For me one of the best villains is joffery from GOT. He's just so good at playing a violent, evil, sadistic dick.

"tom hardy is a great actor..cant wait to see his new movie were he plays both kray twins..he was very good as bane same as he is in all his films"

Owwww.tom hardy love him lots and lots

He played a complete psycho in a remake of a martina cole book he was awesome

I thought that character was totally crap.

Bane was only okay, they shafted him by making him a plot device to conceal Talia. When I look back on the plot to that movie, it was just bizarre.

I liked Tom Hardy but I wouldn't even say Bane was the best villain in that franchise.

Dracula, Hannibal Lector, Blofeld, hans Gruber, all great villains and I haven't even started yet

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

"Bane was utterly abysmal in the Dark Knight Rises. He spoke like a third rate actor chewing Shakespeare. Trevor Slattery could have done a better job.

Then again the whole film was a bit pants really.

Guessing you're more of an X-man fan....."

PMSL

Bane IS very good.

Bit of a nut in real life too, so that helps with his art I guess

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

I vote for Zorg. Nemesis of Superman, and mainly as that's the only one I can think of at this time of day.

Best super villain of all time... Thats a tough one but its got to be darth vader he would take bain down with a miss.

Either that or skeletor, he's just a total bastard through and through.

By *aveandkate35Couple  over a year ago

telford

[Removed by poster at 26/03/15 08:09:28]

By *aveandkate35Couple  over a year ago

telford

I really enjoyed the batman trilogy. I thought Heath ledger and Tim hardy were both great. That said I always remember the first time I saw jack nicholsons joker and it's the first time I've seen an actor pull off the "yeah I'm nuts.... " everyone smiling ".. No, I really am" and everyone's face dropping to the realisation this guy doesn't play by the rules and doesn't care and really is nuts. And for that reason Jack gets my vote for batman....

However... Greatest on screen bad guy... Without doubt.... Feathers McGraw from the Wallace and grommit film. Not a single word spoken and utterly terrifying.... A bit like the missus!

D

I thought bane was OK, but not even in the top ten movie villains. What about the governor from Shawshank, or magneto from xmen, and various notable others from lists above. I agree that he wasn't even the best villain in the franchise. Why so serious?!

"I vote for Zorg. Nemesis of Superman, and mainly as that's the only one I can think of at this time of day."

Thats General Zod not Zorg lol

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"I vote for Zorg. Nemesis of Superman, and mainly as that's the only one I can think of at this time of day.

Thats General Zod not Zorg lol "

Unless he was made of plastic, then it was Zoid.

"I vote for Zorg. Nemesis of Superman, and mainly as that's the only one I can think of at this time of day.

Thats General Zod not Zorg lol

Unless he was made of plastic, then it was Zoid. "

OMG i remember those toys they were awesome lol !!!

Thats General Zod not Zorg lol "

That was emperor zorg from toy story

Robert Mitchum in the original Cape fear

Now that guy was scary from the tip of his black hat to the love and hate on his knuckles

» Add a new message to this topic