FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Herpes. Is it irresponsible to still meet.

Herpes. Is it irresponsible to still meet.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

First off I don't have any diseases or infections but a girl on here I used to chat to had herpes. Do you think she should have made it known to everyone she slept with. She doesn't seem to think so.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If it was in the outbreak stage, highly irresponsible

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"First off I don't have any diseases or infections but a girl on here I used to chat to had herpes. Do you think she should have made it known to everyone she slept with. She doesn't seem to think so. "

Genital herpes?

The percentage of the population who carry the herpes virus is absolutely huge, including a lot of people who don't even know as they may be asymptomatic. I'd say if it's not about her meeting you, then it's probably none of your business.

I would like to think a responsible adult would notify anything like that on the profile, just to ensure that the guys she is meeting are aware before they contact. Regardless of what type they have.

However we cant make people disclose any private information, that's why you should play safe! everybody is responsible for their own health!

no need....just don't meet during an outbreak. most people have it anyway with no symptoms ever. I expect someone will be along with the statistics later.

[Removed by poster at 24/03/15 08:03:14]

"I would like to think a responsible adult would notify anything like that on the profile, just to ensure that the guys she is meeting are aware before they contact. Regardless of what type they have.

However we cant make people disclose any private information, that's why you should play safe! everybody is responsible for their own health!"

I get coldsores, therefore I have the herpes virus. I should put that on my profile?

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

Something I just read said you can still pass the virus on even if you aren't having an outbreak. I didn't realise this??

"I would like to think a responsible adult would notify anything like that on the profile, just to ensure that the guys she is meeting are aware before they contact. Regardless of what type they have.

However we cant make people disclose any private information, that's why you should play safe! everybody is responsible for their own health!

I get coldsores, therefore I have the herpes virus. I should put that on my profile? "

I'm always amazed at the ignorance displayed around herpes and the way some behave like it's a death sentence. the only way you can truly protect against herpes is by having no skin to skin contact with anyone. condoms make little difference.

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

"Something I just read said you can still pass the virus on even if you aren't having an outbreak. I didn't realise this?? "

And further research confirms that it can be passed on through the skin even without symptoms or visible sores.

An estimated 6 in 10 people have it. You might already have had it for years.

http://www.herpes.org.uk/faq.html#6

I get coldsores, therefore I have the herpes virus. I should put that on my profile?

I'm always amazed at the ignorance displayed around herpes and the way some behave like it's a death sentence. the only way you can truly protect against herpes is by having no skin to skin contact with anyone. condoms make little difference."

On second thoughts, maybe I will put it on my profile...could nicely deter some of the idiots who haven't bothered to educate themselves on what it means

"Something I just read said you can still pass the virus on even if you aren't having an outbreak. I didn't realise this??

And further research confirms that it can be passed on through the skin even without symptoms or visible sores. "

exactly. so if you're worried avoid all skin contact with everyone. as a swinger I assume that I either already have it or will get it at some point. to me is an acceptable risk.

I'm always amazed at the ignorance displayed around herpes and the way some behave like it's a death sentence. the only way you can truly protect against herpes is by having no skin to skin contact with anyone. condoms make little difference.

On second thoughts, maybe I will put it on my profile...could nicely deter some of the idiots who haven't bothered to educate themselves on what it means "

hahah like it

I think if you knowingly have it you should make it known. Especially as say her numerous meets have had numerous meets who had numerous meets and so on

"I think if you knowingly have it you should make it known. Especially as say her numerous meets have had numerous meets who had numerous meets and so on"

Did you see my point that most people have it?

To be honest I don't think anyone is going to admit to having it whether it be on a profile or in person.

If you've had genital herpes in the past then you don't need to tell the new people you are meeting unless you are symptomatic.

"To be honest I don't think anyone is going to admit to having it whether it be on a profile or in person. "

As in genital

"I think if you knowingly have it you should make it known. Especially as say her numerous meets have had numerous meets who had numerous meets and so on

http://www.herpes.org.uk/faq.html#6"

... And by "have it" I mean already carry the virus.

"I think if you knowingly have it you should make it known. Especially as say her numerous meets have had numerous meets who had numerous meets and so on

http://www.herpes.org.uk/faq.html#6"

He is probably talking about when people have an outbreak?

"To be honest I don't think anyone is going to admit to having it whether it be on a profile or in person.

As in genital "

But it's the same virus. There are two strains, simplex 1 and simplex 2, with 2 being more severe, but both can manifest themselves as genital herpes or oral herpes.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Were you kissed as a baby? Did you have chicken pox? Are you certain you are not a carrier for genital herpes?

I have cold sores therefore I have herpes. I don't meet when I have a cold sore, wear a patch and avoid kissing anyone if I even feel a tingle but the chances are that pre-tingle I may have passed on herpes.

Should I put that on my profile? Will you do the same?

... And by "have it" I mean already carry the virus. "

But if you knowingly have genital herpes then you should disclose the fact to the person before you have sex.

I'd be well pissed off if I contracted genital herpes from someone who knew they had it!!

He is probably talking about when people have an outbreak? "

From what the OP's said are you confident he understands the difference?

Because why would he say "her numerous meets have had numerous meets" is he implying that they all meet others while having outbreaks and not telling anyone?

But if you knowingly have genital herpes then you should disclose the fact to the person before you have sex.

I'd be well pissed off if I contracted genital herpes from someone who knew they had it!!"

But you can contract genital herpes from someone who's only ever had oral herpes on themselves. It's the same virus.

I'd be well pissed off if I contracted genital herpes from someone who knew they had it!!

But you can contract genital herpes from someone who's only ever had oral herpes on themselves. It's the same virus. "

How many use full barrier protection for oral? That would include kissing, of course.

But you can contract genital herpes from someone who's only ever had oral herpes on themselves. It's the same virus.

How many use full barrier protection for oral? That would include kissing, of course."

I wear an anti radiation suit to every meet...and wave at them through a window.

How many use full barrier protection for oral? That would include kissing, of course.

I wear an anti radiation suit to every meet...and wave at them through a window. "

was lovely to meet you though all the same

By *onbons_xxMan  over a year ago

Bolton

I wear an anti radiation suit to every meet...and wave at them through a window. "

That's on my to-do list

But you can contract genital herpes from someone who's only ever had oral herpes on themselves. It's the same virus. "

I know it's the same virus and I know you can carry it without knowing that you do

If you have an actual outbreak of herpes on your genitals / your mouth I would prefer to be told beforehand so I can make a choice whether to have sex or not.

You don't have to publicly declare it but a text to say shit I have developed a cold sore or blisters on my penis would be appreciated

On second thoughts, maybe I will put it on my profile...could nicely deter some of the idiots who haven't bothered to educate themselves on what it means "

Then you'll get the sickos with a coldsore fetish

By *rcticFoxxxWoman  over a year ago

Hereabouts

But if you knowingly have gen

ital herpes then you should disclose the fact to the person before you have sex.

What about if you've never shown symptoms of either? Can you still be a carrier with no symptoms?

I know it's the same virus and I know you can carry it without knowing that you do

If you have an actual outbreak of herpes on your genitals / your mouth I would prefer to be told beforehand so I can make a choice whether to have sex or not.

You don't have to publicly declare it but a text to say shit I have developed a cold sore or blisters on my penis would be appreciated "

but why would anyone want to meet if they had an outbreak? obviously you would expect someone to cancel if they had an outbreak ....I thought we were talking about if they carry the virus?

You don't have to publicly declare it but a text to say shit I have developed a cold sore or blisters on my penis would be appreciated "

Ah gotcha. Well I never meet with so much as a cold sore tingle coming on let alone a scabby mouth and nose like I get (it's a good look) and I imagine a genital outbreak must be so painful I can't imagine they'd want to meet in that situation anyway!

ital herpes then you should disclose the fact to the person before you have sex.

What about if you've never shown symptoms of either? Can you still be a carrier with no symptoms? "

Yes plenty of people carry it but have no symptoms.

What about if you've never shown symptoms of either? Can you still be a carrier with no symptoms? "

Yes! Most of us contract the virus from a kiss from a parent or family member as babies. We might have one mild outbreak then and nothing else. It could look like the sort of sores some babies get with teething.

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

"I wear an anti radiation suit to every meet...and wave at them through a window. "

Yummy...the Geiger counter is positively crackling at the thought!

By *rcticFoxxxWoman  over a year ago

Hereabouts

What about if you've never shown symptoms of either? Can you still be a carrier with no symptoms?

Yes plenty of people carry it but have no symptoms."

I thought so.. It's like genetics and carrying certain traits but not displaying them. Or not. I'm tired so I'm not entirely sure what I'm saying xD

Ah....wondered who it was i met. Couldn't quite see through the dark green glass. Should my verification read that at least I didn't get herpes?

Just to throw a little cat amongst these pigeons... Shaving, waxing and other genital hair removal can leave you more susceptible to contracting herpes as you are exposing more skin. You also have more damaged skin, probably with small cuts or lesions.

If I have offended anybody by my comments I apologise, I was meaning when they are being symptomatic, I have actually seen a profile where the person stated they have type 1, I had a massive amount of respect for that person who actually stated it on the profile.

I am not saying it should be stated, and I completely respect others decisions for it.

If I have caused anybody offense with my opinion to then I do apologise as no offense was meant.

You don't have to publicly declare it but a text to say shit I have developed a cold sore or blisters on my penis would be appreciated

Ah gotcha. Well I never meet with so much as a cold sore tingle coming on let alone a scabby mouth and nose like I get (it's a good look) and I imagine a genital outbreak must be so painful I can't imagine they'd want to meet in that situation anyway! "

I was just trying to make it clear so a little OTT with the blister reference ~ as I thought the thread had rather blurred lines re having sex whilst being a carrier of herpes (known or otherwise) and having sex whilst being symptomatic / outbreak.

I think honesty is important

"

I wear an anti radiation suit to every meet...and wave at them through a window.

Ah....wondered who it was i met. Couldn't quite see through the dark green glass. Should my verification read that at least I didn't get herpes?"

I think you are confusing me with that guy that works in the nuclear powerplant!!

Forum Mod

"

Ah....wondered who it was i met. Couldn't quite see through the dark green glass. Should my verification read that at least I didn't get herpes?

I think you are confusing me with that guy that works in the nuclear powerplant!!"

Homer Simpson?

I guess a lot want to know. Others don't worry.

"I guess a lot want to know. Others don't worry. "

You haven't made it clear whether you mean you'd want to know whether someone has ever had herpes, whether they have a current outbreak or whether they're one of the small proportion of the population who doesn't have or carry the virus.

Everybody who is terrified of the herpes virus, feel free not to meet me But I'd suggest you should probably have no skin to skin contact with anyone else, ever again.

"I guess a lot want to know. Others don't worry.

You haven't made it clear whether you mean you'd want to know whether someone has ever had herpes, whether they have a current outbreak or whether they're one of the small proportion of the population who doesn't have or carry the virus.

Everybody who is terrified of the herpes virus, feel free not to meet me But I'd suggest you should probably have no skin to skin contact with anyone else, ever again. "

I could always hire out my anti radiation suit as a precaution??

"I guess a lot want to know. Others don't worry.

Everybody who is terrified of the herpes virus, feel free not to meet me But I'd suggest you should probably have no skin to skin contact with anyone else, ever again.

I could always hire out my anti radiation suit as a precaution??"

It's ok, I'm working on building a leper colony.

"I guess a lot want to know. Others don't worry. "

the funny thing is, OP, you probably already have the virus without knowing'...so how can you tell others?

You can get a blood test, at a private clinic. The NHS do not consider it worth while to test everyone, unless it is a new patient having their first episode. This is because it is such a commonly carried virus it is present in the majority of adults in the UK. Symptoms can be as diverse as a small mouth ulcer or split lip to a full on blister attack that covers a large area of skin. Not just mouth or genitals, even legs, body, arms...if you are that worried, go get a blood test. Put your mind at rest.

Your local health authority has some really good leaflets available at all GUM clinics and on request from you GP or family planning clinic that may have 1 or 2 surprises about how STI infections are carried n passed on

I always thought i had good knowledge of sexual health until something was pointed out to me regarding this topic n i now have all the relevant information i need to TRY n keep myself safe but unless i go live in a log cabin in the middle of nowhere with a wolf n bear for company i will always be at risk of some kind of infection if i have human contact, Sorry but thats the long n short of it we can all carry an STI or other non sexual virus or infection without knowing. Regular check ups are a must for personal piece of mind but somethings just cant be helped coz they dont pop up on our heads like tattoo's saying "hi i have"

I get coldsores, therefore I have the herpes virus. I should put that on my profile? "

That means you have type 1 though which most do have type 2 is much rarer and can have severe consequences for people.

So if you had type 2 then yes you should put it on your profile just as if you had HIV or Hep C.

people saying it's only infectious during an outbreak should remember it's also infectious for a period before and after the outbreak and it can contaminate clothing and materials.

As a lot have already said on here, there is a high proportion of people who will be carrying the virus in some form and may not even know it unless they start showing symptoms and therefore have to get treatment.

You can only pass herpes on to someone else during a flare up or outbreak, just like skin contact if you have a coldsore so I don't think she needs to inform anyone she's meeting that she carries the virus, I do just hope she'd be responsible enough not to have sex with someone whilst she has the visible sores and blisters.

No you can give them type one on their genitals but you couldn't give them type 2.

"As a lot have already said on here, there is a high proportion of people who will be carrying the virus in some form and may not even know it unless they start showing symptoms and therefore have to get treatment.

You can only pass herpes on to someone else during a flare up or outbreak, just like skin contact if you have a coldsore so I don't think she needs to inform anyone she's meeting that she carries the virus, I do just hope she'd be responsible enough not to have sex with someone whilst she has the visible sores and blisters."

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Genital-herpes/Pages/Introduction.aspx

again no.

Herpes can be passed on even when displaying no visible symptoms.

So stop repeating that prices of bad information.

No you can give them type one on their genitals but you couldn't give them type 2.

"

Yes, but what I've written is still entirely correct. The simplex 1/simplex 2 division is not as straightforward as one is oral and one is genital, mainly because of oral sex.

"As a lot have already said on here, there is a high proportion of people who will be carrying the virus in some form and may not even know it unless they start showing symptoms and therefore have to get treatment.

You can only pass herpes on to someone else during a flare up or outbreak, just like skin contact if you have a coldsore so I don't think she needs to inform anyone she's meeting that she carries the virus, I do just hope she'd be responsible enough not to have sex with someone whilst she has the visible sores and blisters.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Genital-herpes/Pages/Introduction.aspx

again no.

Herpes can be passed on even when displaying no visible symptoms.

So stop repeating that prices of bad information. "

That's interesting to read actually, the last time I went for my regular screening a few weeks ago I was waiting for my initial results and to pass the time I started reading some of the leaflets in the waiting room.

I remember reading one about herpes as I didn't really know a great deal about it and it stated what I've just put so that is a bit confusing really considering it was an NHS sexual health clinic as well lol

If you want reliable information visit the Herpes website.

You can have both types orally and genitally but Type1 prefers to live above the waist, Type2 below

You can pass either one on without having symptoms

Type 1 is very common and many people are symptomless carriers. Type2 causes more severe and frequent outbreaks generally

Ignorance is no excuse and as the OP suggests, honesty is the best policy.

» Add a new message to this topic