FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How much does it cost to cancel 4 Top Gear Live shows in Norway due to start on Friday?

How much does it cost to cancel 4 Top Gear Live shows in Norway due to start on Friday?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *illwill69u OP   Man  over a year ago

moston

And who gets to pay the bill?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It will cost an absolute fortune to cancel

Contractors need to be paid off

Licence payers will foot the lit

It will be covered by insurance.

Forum Mod

"It will be covered by insurance."

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

Who cares? I certainly don`t!

I forgot all insurance is free. The insurance companies won't be putting their premiums up because of the higher risk. Assuming there is no "you sacked the star when you didn't have to" clause.

Either way the licence fee payers will have to cough up

"Either way the licence fee payers will have to cough up"

Not sure they will. Top Gear Live is put on by Brand Events, not the BBC although they may have a share in the company somewhere and license the Top Gear name to them.

The love event it seems is going ahead even if they sack him.

Provided may and Hammond don't leave him broken down at the side of the road.... Which they wouldnt.... On no wait..

They so would

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Would anyone think it fair for Clarkson to foot the bill, if it turns out he did assault that chap?

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"Would anyone think it fair for Clarkson to foot the bill, if it turns out he did assault that chap? "

Why not! Get back some of the money they wasted on the one trick pony!

"I forgot all insurance is free. The insurance companies won't be putting their premiums up because of the higher risk. Assuming there is no "you sacked the star when you didn't have to" clause.

Either way the licence fee payers will have to cough up"

The promoter (Live Nation) will have taken out indemnity insurance against cancellation, what constitutes cancellation and any exclusions will be documented on the policy, should any of the booked talent be dismissed that will be covered as unable to fulfill contractual obligations, the premium is built into the ticket price and with a commercial insurer so as the pru l&g or admiral etc don't operate in those markets unless you hold a policy with Swiss Re Aon or AIG etc there is no public facing premium increase. On the last Rolling Stones tour Keith Richards had several pages of exclusions relating to booze drugs and falling out of trees.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Can I use coupons from the magazine ?

By *errygTV/TS  over a year ago

denton

insurance has grey areas, clarkson is capable of doing the show, also what is to stop them replacing him for these shows someone would like his wages,as far as insurance sacking a staff member may not warrant a payout

"And who gets to pay the bill?

"

I absolutely really truly do not give a semantic fuck.

Can't get away from this shit.

Honestly...

By *gNeMan  over a year ago

Harrogate

If you pay for a TV license then you deserve to foot the Bill for idiots like Clarkson..

Can't believe that people are still trying to drum up excuses for the man. He has to deal with the consequences of his actions, simple as that.

What he did or didn't do is all conjecture at this stage. The BBC would not be throwing a 50 million pound revenue stream out the window on a whim tho..

I doubt if insurance will cover the cancellation. If a third party promoting the event, they will be entitled to compensation from the Beeb for pulling the plug

By *lshere77Man  over a year ago

Wigan

Still so many people willing to judge before the facts are out

let he without sin cast the first stone

I am not religious by the way

By *gNeMan  over a year ago

Harrogate

"Still so many people willing to judge before the facts are out

I am not religious by the way"

Don't think anyone is judging.. That's the prerogative of top brass at the BBC.

"Still so many people willing to judge before the facts are out

I am not religious by the way

Don't think anyone is judging.. That's the prerogative of top brass at the BBC. "

Not even the hang him and hang him high mob?

By *elsh n wildCouple  over a year ago

Cardiff area

And on that note !!!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"I forgot all insurance is free. The insurance companies won't be putting their premiums up because of the higher risk. Assuming there is no "you sacked the star when you didn't have to" clause.

Either way the licence fee payers will have to cough up"

he hasnt been sacked and they havent been cancelled.

evesham

"I doubt if insurance will cover the cancellation. If a third party promoting the event, they will be entitled to compensation from the Beeb for pulling the plug"

i presume you work in the BBC contract department then seeing as you know the clauses and agreements in place for this event.

"I doubt if insurance will cover the cancellation. If a third party promoting the event, they will be entitled to compensation from the Beeb for pulling the plug"
there'll be a million and one clauses written into the policy, other than licencing the name and having the talent under a broadcasting contract the BBC are far removed from the live events (and therefore insulated from any claim against them).

By *lshere77Man  over a year ago

Wigan

Yawns. ...bar room baristers do my head in. .....I have never seen as many judgemental people crawl out of the woodwork over such a petty topic and so many experts willing to share their knowledge.

The promoter (Live Nation) will have taken out indemnity insurance against cancellation, what constitutes cancellation and any exclusions will be documented on the policy, should any of the booked talent be dismissed that will be covered as unable to fulfill contractual obligations, the premium is built into the ticket price and with a commercial insurer so as the pru l&g or admiral etc don't operate in those markets unless you hold a policy with Swiss Re Aon or AIG etc there is no public facing premium increase. On the last Rolling Stones tour Keith Richards had several pages of exclusions relating to booze drugs and falling out of trees."

It would appear you know a lot about this sort of thing!

evesham

"Yawns. ...bar room baristers do my head in. .....I have never seen as many judgemental people crawl out of the woodwork over such a petty topic and so many experts willing to share their knowledge.

"

you must be new to the forums

he hasnt been sacked and they havent been cancelled."

his BBC contract is over at the end of this month, the shows in Norway HAVE been cancelled, check the BBC website. As for the the insurance clauses they will be in the SMALL PRINT

he hasnt been sacked and they havent been cancelled.his BBC contract is over at the end of this month, the shows in Norway HAVE been cancelled, check the BBC website. As for the the insurance clauses they will be in the SMALL PRINT"

They may have updated the BBC web site since you looked at it. It says that the shows have been postponed i.e. that means delayed and doesn't mean they've been cancelled. Of course they may cancel them in the future but they haven't yet. Also he hasn't been sacked yet has he because he is still under contract - unless you've got some new source of information?

evesham

he hasnt been sacked and they havent been cancelled.his BBC contract is over at the end of this month, the shows in Norway HAVE been cancelled, check the BBC website. As for the the insurance clauses they will be in the SMALL PRINT"

i read it at lunch time and it said they are planning to reschedule them for later in the year and will endeavor to contact those who have tickets. if it has changed since then i stand corrected.

contracts not being renewed is not he same as being sacked.

have you read the SMALL PRINT?

evesham

it hasn't changed. just checked.

» Add a new message to this topic