FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > FITNESS

FITNESS

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I know there's at least one other fitness thread on here but I'm feeling positive so thought I'd share my first achievement.

I dusted off my excercise bike and managed to do 10 kilometres and then 20 sit ups. Started small but I feel great even though I'm dying a little!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Well done you that great Rome was not built in a day and if you just keep doing what you are doing and add a little bit each time then your on the right path.

Keep up the excellent work x

Best place to start...from small n increasing lil by lil at ur own pace!! Well done u...pat on the back

Good for you. Enjoy it and it'll be a pleasure rather than a task. Good luck!

"Best place to start...from small n increasing lil by lil at ur own pace!! Well done u...pat on the back "

Absolutely, little by little is the key to longevity

Thanks guys going to the gym in the morning too. Excited and scared. :p

"Thanks guys going to the gym in the morning too. Excited and scared. :p"

Scared..of what?

By *ason123ABCMan  over a year ago

Bromley

It's all about your eating sex is the best way and it's free and fun eating is the hard bit good luck

By *rMojoRisingMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

You should try interval training, it does for more for you than clocking up miles and miles on a bike or on foot.

Can be something really simple like going up and down 50m of road and doing sprints (or as fast as you can go) between lampposts. I do it on a football pitch and sprint between 18 yard lines and the half way line then from 18 yard line to goal line and back to 18 yard line is your rest period.

If your doing it on the road try sprinting one lamppost the jogging the next 2. 15 minutes of that a day will do alot for you.

"Thanks guys going to the gym in the morning too. Excited and scared. :p

Scared..of what? "

The people that know what they're doing laughing at me. I know they won't coz everyone is there for the same reason just something that's stuck in my head

"Thanks guys going to the gym in the morning too. Excited and scared. :p"

The gym perv's will have their eye on you Nothing to be scared off just get yourself into a routine and your off and running

Whooop!!

Small stones make mountains they say. Keep it up. You'd do fab!

i`d of got 40 sit ups out of you

By *eaningofLifeCouple  over a year ago

York

"I know there's at least one other fitness thread on here but I'm feeling positive so thought I'd share my first achievement.

I dusted off my excercise bike and managed to do 10 kilometres and then 20 sit ups. Started small but I feel great even though I'm dying a little!"

Well done. I'm going to start back at MMA training this week. Haven't been in nearly 5 years. I'm going to die but it will be worth it. I've lost just over 1.5 stone in 8 weeks so it can be done. Will definitely be showing my support when you post. K x

Swimming is the best exercise iv ever done and iv done a lot in the last 25 years went 3 times last wk and did 70 lenths a mile is 64 and boy you are starving when you get out!!

Always better to do lil bit less than you think you can manage to start with,great to get in the exercise habit,some great off road biking roundabouts,give me a shout if you fancy some company

By *etitesaraTV/TS  over a year ago

rochdale

Good luck, any exercise is better than none & finding one you enjoy is the trick!

Fitness is relative, it depends on what you are aiming for. If you want to ride long distances (for example) then a large muscle mass,won't help. Conversely, if you want to shift lots of weights & build a muscular physique then an endurance based cardiovascular program won't be for you.

Personally I'd say find a physical hobby you enjoy doing (running/swimming/cycling etc) and it won't feel like a chore & the fitness will come without you being aware of it

» Add a new message to this topic