FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Are we Honest people

Are we Honest people

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I was just having a chat and a giggle with She who must be obeyed about some of the posts on here and it got us to wondering who is putting what they really think and who will admit to saying things they think others want to hear either because they dont want to come across as a knob or in an attempt to attract others.

Feel free to stand up in class and express your opinions or give examples

(as long as you agree with us of course)

Gimp n Ms Muffin

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Say what you think and it don't matter what others think ( providing your not insulting people of cause)

I couldn't give a fuck about attracting others. I say what I think. Sometimes I say things in a certain way to get a reaction. It's more interesting that way. The sycophantic bullshit gets boring sometimes.

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I'm not on the forums to attract meets. So I say what I like when I like.

"I couldn't give a fuck about attracting others. I say what I think. Sometimes I say things in a certain way to get a reaction. It's more interesting that way. The sycophantic bullshit gets boring sometimes. "

This

i speak my mind Sx

By *ere-for-my-convenienceWoman  over a year ago

West Midlands

"I couldn't give a fuck about attracting others. I say what I think. Sometimes I say things in a certain way to get a reaction. It's more interesting that way. The sycophantic bullshit gets boring sometimes.

This "

This

Even the 24 hour forum ban is worth it sometimes just to know it hit the target

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

I believe 100% in authenticity and integrity, and I hate pretence with a venom.

So that'll be a no then!

[Removed by poster at 22/03/15 13:08:15]

By *lassyandadventurousMan  over a year ago

England and Wales

I say it how it is.....the right people for me will be attracted anyway..

I got no time for bull shitters

"I couldn't give a fuck about attracting others. I say what I think. Sometimes I say things in a certain way to get a reaction. It's more interesting that way. The sycophantic bullshit gets boring sometimes. "

I could never do such a thing and always say things that people want to see.

By *allipygousMan  over a year ago

Leicester

The sycophants are easy to spot. They're usually male, single, use phrases like "Personality is all that's important to me", "All women are beautiful" and you "You look gorgeous" when addressing a female forumite who only has a pic on display of her left toe.

Forever getting into hot water, for opening my gob... And letting it just fall out!

Both on here and in the real world. Just cannae help it!!

Forum Mod

I doubt very much if anyone would admit to posting stuff that agrees with the masses to appear nicer or more popular

Everyone on this thread is going to say exactly what they think people want to hear, which is that they always say what they think

That said, I do say what I think. I don't believe in being rude or overly aggressive but I'm pretty consistent in my views.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

pretty much this..

cringe worthy at times to see how some will ditch their integrity at the sniff of something sexual..

hey ho..

"I doubt very much if anyone would admit to posting stuff that agrees with the masses to appear nicer or more popular

"

Damn! You spotted my cunning plan

Gimp

West Midlands

"I doubt very much if anyone would admit to posting stuff that agrees with the masses to appear nicer or more popular

"

I agree

But I could list a long line of them right here right now

Imagined keepers of the forums

All wise and insightful types whose actual sex life is almost zero

Leicester

"I say it how it is.....the right people for me will be attracted anyway..

I got no time for bull shitters"

To be more accurate, you say things how you see them.

The person you're having a disagreement with may also say they say things how they are but you both can't be right. Right?

I agree with you,I say it as it is im not saying that I haven't maybe said wot I think someone wonts to here,haven't done that for a long time though so I answer truthfully 99percent of the time not sure but that might be the reason iv only met one woman from here nothing happened but she was a wicked woman in a fantastic way to spend time with

I'll say what I think but may sometimes tone it down, more to avoid being nasty or getting a ban though rather than to attract anyone... I'm here looking for like minds to meet so lying to attract someone would be a bit pointless to me.

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

I do tend to be quite measured in my responses, especially in more reactionary threads but I am like that in real life as well. Most of my meets have bugger all to do with the forums anyway and even if I did meet via the forums or a thread I don't see the point portraying myself to be something I'm not in order to get a shag.

When I'm commenting I'll say what I think.

If I start a thread though I'll try and word it as unoffensive as possible...the habit of everyone jumping on the op for spelling/grammar/using caps/something not phrased right/if you're saying that then you must really mean this/not actually answering the question but going off on a tangent by inferring things that weren't mentioned or meant...probably comes across as wishy washy...my 'is it weird to bring kids to a social meet' thread is probably an example of me writing on eggshells instead of putting what I actually thought a bit stronger

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I couldn't give a fuck about attracting others. I say what I think. Sometimes I say things in a certain way to get a reaction. It's more interesting that way. The sycophantic bullshit gets boring sometimes.

This

This

Even the 24 hour forum ban is worth it sometimes just to know it hit the target "

This is for everyone who thinks this way, there is not just a 24 hour ban and if anyone tots up too many they are given a perm....so I would be wary of going down this route

West Midlands

This

This

This is for everyone who thinks this way, there is not just a 24 hour ban and if anyone tots up too many they are given a perm....so I would be wary of going down this route "

Absolutely agreed

This

This

This is for everyone who thinks this way, there is not just a 24 hour ban and if anyone tots up too many they are given a perm....so I would be wary of going down this route "

Having seen the rudeness of some repeat posters I can't imagine how much of a dick you must have to be to get a permanent ban

I'm consistent in my views & the way I deliver them.

I can't be arsed to be overly pushy to make my point, I'll leave that to others who seem to thrive on it.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I follow the herd and post what I think everyone wants to hear, especially the good looking, popular ones.

Well somebody had to say it

This

This

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Can we just stick to the question of how YOU post rather than about what others post....Thanks

"I follow the herd and post what I think everyone wants to hear, especially the good looking, popular ones.

Well somebody had to say it "

Oi I said that up there ^^^^^^^^

"I follow the herd and post what I think everyone wants to hear, especially the good looking, popular ones.

Honesty at last

Ingrate Gimp

There's being honest and speaking your mind and then there is damn right rudeness and self righteousness which seem to invade a lot of threads. No matter how much you disagree with someone's choices ultimately it's theirs and no matter how high you throw down your scorn and wrath they'll probably not change so why waste all that effort?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Oi I said that up there ^^^^^^^^ "

Did you ....Sorry

I post what i want....not what I think others want to hear.

Though I might just be saying that because I think it's what folk want to hear...you'll never know.

By *lactontogMan  over a year ago

Clacton on Sea

I will always speak my mind, i never try to be rude as i am a genuinely friendly laid back person and offending people for no reason dont makw sense anyway.

I.am a true person all the way and easy to chat to .no bull shit with me.

By *ockhard and SweetcheeksCouple  over a year ago

City

Tbh i cudnt care less what ppl think of me or my opinions...They can block me argue with me bitch about me but at the end of the day if i have something to say il say it..!!!!! Some ppl prefer to just follow others in theyre opinions and I think the reason theyre afraid to speak theyre minds is because they think they mite be outed or not invited to parties because they spoke theyre mind...theres a lot of ppl on this site licking ass!!!!

Leicester

Well, with us having disagreed with each other on at least one other thread I can only presume in your eyes I'm neither good looking, nor popular.

The latter I can live with, the former I'll dispute.

West Midlands

I don't try deliberately to be rude or disrespectful as such

I'm just often misunderstood and misquoted and unpopular by the in crowd so no matter what I say or how I say it, it's just me being unreadable obviously!

Lol! There are some you can tell do that sometimes but guess it does no real harm as most are fairly obvious.

I have avoided posting in some threads though when I can see a theme running and I can't be arsed to upset the flow and have the hassle... Anything for an easy life I guess!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Well, with us having disagreed with each other on at least one other thread I can only presume in your eyes I'm neither good looking, nor popular.

The latter I can live with, the former I'll dispute."

I think you're forgetting the points on which we have agreed and very possibly being slightly disingenuous.

Leicester

The latter I can live with, the former I'll dispute.

I think you're forgetting the points on which we have agreed and very possibly being slightly disingenuous. "

My opinion is my opinion, you are entitled to yours but neither of us have to agree. All opinions are as valid and worthless as the next. If you agree with me, fine. If you don't agree with me, that's fine too. If that a problem, it's your problem, join the back of the queue

"Everyone on this thread is going to say exactly what they think people want to hear, which is that they always say what they think

"

This sums it up.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Everyone on this thread is going to say exactly what they think people want to hear, which is that they always say what they think

This sums it up.

"

This is a no win thread

West Midlands

"My opinion is my opinion, you are entitled to yours but neither of us have to agree. All opinions are as valid and worthless as the next. If you agree with me, fine. If you don't agree with me, that's fine too. If that a problem, it's your problem, join the back of the queue "

Those

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

There is no need to be either callous or offensive to avoid being what I describe as a 'drooling sycophant' lol! I will hold my tongue sometimes, but if I do speak out I hope I can do so with tact and humanity, if not empathy and kindness.

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Most forumites know I'm a knob anyway so I can post my honest opinion in amongst the regular drivel I usually spout

"I say it how it is.....the right people for me will be attracted anyway..

I got no time for bull shitters"

this

"Can we just stick to the question of how YOU post rather than about what others post....Thanks "

No!

"Most forumites know I'm a knob anyway so I can post my honest opinion in amongst the regular drivel I usually spout "

I think we may be Twins

Apart from different ages and Parents we could be identical

Gimp

i know someone who used to post on here who thought the same way i do, when i mentioned it that he didnt say what he thought he said oh you musnt do that, i suppose he wanted people to like him and you cant blame him for that.

"Tbh i cudnt care less what ppl think of me or my opinions...They can block me argue with me bitch about me but at the end of the day if i have something to say il say it..!!!!! Some ppl prefer to just follow others in theyre opinions and I think the reason theyre afraid to speak theyre minds is because they think they mite be outed or not invited to parties because they spoke theyre mind...theres a lot of ppl on this site licking ass!!!!

"