FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Parking on the pavement

Parking on the pavement

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hyllyphylly OP   Man  over a year ago

Bradford

Why is this allowed everywhere except London?

Sometimes I have to walk on the road to get past a parked car, and in this era of health and safety gone mad, I might get injured.

Here's what the highway code says....

You MUST NOT park partially or wholly on the pavement in London, and should not do so elsewhere unless signs permit it. Parking on the pavement can obstruct and seriously inconvenience pedestrians, people in wheelchairs or with visual impairments and people with prams or pushchairs.

Law GL(GP)A sect 15

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ackandkateCouple  over a year ago

Truro

Where there's blame there's a claim

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

i know where my nan used to live, the increase in cars meant if cars parked each side of the road it would cause an obstruction for emergency vehicles getting through and so the council painted spaces that were half on and half off the pavement.

i guess its the curse of the modern era...more cars and less space.

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Some streets are so narrow that if people didn't park on the pavement they would be impassable by traffic.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"i know where my nan used to live, the increase in cars meant if cars parked each side of the road it would cause an obstruction for emergency vehicles getting through and so the council painted spaces that were half on and half off the pavement.

i guess its the curse of the modern era...more cars and less space."

I have seen these in London by Richmond park, they really did confuse me,

I hate people who park on the path, if the road is too narrow don't park on it

By *litheroevoyeurMan  over a year ago

Clitheroe

If I have to squeeze past a vehicle in order to stay on the pavement, and stay safe then a mirror usually gets nudged out of alignment. Motorists should leave enough space for pedestrians to proceed safely. They are not called footpaths for nothing.

genuinely didn't know people were allowed to park on the pavement..

By *ackandkateCouple  over a year ago

Truro

Our front door opens onto the pavement and the pavement is pretty narrow.

Sometimes cars park half on half off the pavement right outside our house and if we had to get a push chair or a pram through our front door we wouldn't be able to do it.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Not sure you are allowed to park on any part of the pavement.

I once seen a mother pushing a double buggy and a car was parked on the pavement which was blocking her way. She got tire do f waiting and just barged through scratching the side of this blokes car. I was pissing with laughter!

Then he had the cheek to come out raving and ranting at her for the damage so my mate and I went over and gripped him for threatening her, he quickly shut up at that point

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

It makes life very very difficult for people in wheelchairs when cars are half on the pavement, or even when wheeliebins are on the pavement.

"Why is this allowed everywhere except London?

Sometimes I have to walk on the road to get past a parked car, and in this era of health and safety gone mad, I might get injured.

Here's what the highway code says....

You MUST NOT park partially or wholly on the pavement in London, and should not do so elsewhere unless signs permit it. Parking on the pavement can obstruct and seriously inconvenience pedestrians, people in wheelchairs or with visual impairments and people with prams or pushchairs.

Law GL(GP)A sect 15"

Why London is different I can't say, but I know that I'm always respectful of pedestrians, wheelchair and pram users when I do park on, or partly on pavements.

By *he tactile technicianMan  over a year ago

the good lands, the bad lands, the any where you may want me lands

"It makes life very very difficult for people in wheelchairs when cars are half on the pavement, or even when wheeliebins are on the pavement. "
***wave Wave Wave*** and especially hazardous and more difficult for me!!!

By *he tactile technicianMan  over a year ago

the good lands, the bad lands, the any where you may want me lands

Personally I believe that anyone that parks on the pavement for whatever reason; whether it is in a marked space on the pavement should forgo their insurance. They park on the pavement at their own peril and if that risks damage to their car, then so be it, they took that risk!

Parking on the pavement isnt allowed here I dont think either. Parents park on the grass verges near the local school, because they are too damn lazy to walk

Last time I looked into this the law is stranger than you might think..

I don't think your legally entitled to park anywhere... Pavements included

"i know where my nan used to live, the increase in cars meant if cars parked each side of the road it would cause an obstruction for emergency vehicles getting through and so the council painted spaces that were half on and half off the pavement.

i guess its the curse of the modern era...more cars and less space.

I have seen these in London by Richmond park, they really did confuse me,

I hate people who park on the path, if the road is too narrow don't park on it "

yes,all over the whole borough! ..council never stop banging on about how eco, and green it is, then in half the streets ,pedestrians have to walk in the road even if youre carrying a couple of bags of shopping! same with wheelchairs,,buggys etc...all the paving is broken as a result..

Also I know from experience... If you walk into a parked vehicle that's parked on the pavement... You can make a claim on their insurance

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

There is no right to park on the road, any parked vehicle can be booked for causing an obstruction.

By *awsex99Couple  over a year ago

Brighton

Christ this is a boring thread for a swinging site forum..

By *dventuroususCouple  over a year ago

sunderland

You are allowed to park on a pavement but you must park in such that you arent causing obstruction, therefore blocking doorways, blocking the whole pavement or not leaving enough room to pass etc would be deemed an offence, and obviously if theres a sign there telling you that you cant park there, then you cant park there anyway.

By *hyllyphylly OP   Man  over a year ago

Bradford

"Christ this is a boring thread for a swinging site forum.."

Good job you wasn't here for the discussion on cheeses and what is the best knife to use to cut them

By *amslam1000Man  over a year ago

willenhall

parking and cycling on the footpath both should be banned. its bloody dangerous

If a car is parked on the pavement and you can't pass it with a pushchair it is against the law . However it seems to be overlooked these days

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Hertford

"Christ this is a boring thread for a swinging site forum.."
. What is boring to one member is of interest to lots of others. Quite a few posters have posted interesting comments .

» Add a new message to this topic