FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > travelling with work

travelling with work

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

My job means I travel a lot with work, which usually entails staying overnight in a hotel.

Sometimes I'll see if someone fancies going for a drink who is local, whether the night ends in sex or not I'm just thankful for the company.

Anyway, I've sometimes had pretty venomous responses to my email, and I don't see why?

Anyone else see the harm in this?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Uh, yes and no.

My profile (when visible) says I'm not interested in people who are just passing through. I can't think how to explain why it's a problem for me though.

It's partly that I'm not a tourist attraction to entertain people who happen to be in my area and bored.

It's also partly that a lot of guys, (and women, probably), who do this are attached and cheating.

I prefer to see people I can meet more than once and get to know. The sex is better that way.

Do you contact people in advance or do you look for last minute meets wherever you are? That might have a bearing on the reactions you get too.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

dont see the harm at all - its written well in your profile - we are happy to meet people who are in the area and have had a few messages off people who are going away and staying near the airport - would we like to meet for a drink and more if we click type of thing -

"Uh, yes and no.

My profile (when visible) says I'm not interested in people who are just passing through. I can't think how to explain why it's a problem for me though.

It's partly that I'm not a tourist attraction to entertain people who happen to be in my area and bored.

It's also partly that a lot of guys, (and women, probably), who do this are attached and cheating.

I prefer to see people I can meet more than once and get to know. The sex is better that way.

Do you contact people in advance or do you look for last minute meets wherever you are? That might have a bearing on the reactions you get too."

If I know I'm staying in an area, take this Thursday for example, I'm staying in Plymouth, I'd list a "meet" and contact some people in advance, try to strike up a conversation and maintain the momentum until the day I get there.

Other times its a last minute thing And totally out of my control

Last time I travelled with work, the producer forgot to order my steak, repercussions aren't over yet

"Last time I travelled with work, the producer forgot to order my steak, repercussions aren't over yet "

Grab a snickers... Because you're not you when you're hungry

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"My job means I travel a lot with work, which usually entails staying overnight in a hotel.

Sometimes I'll see if someone fancies going for a drink who is local, whether the night ends in sex or not I'm just thankful for the company.

Anyway, I've sometimes had pretty venomous responses to my email, and I don't see why?

Anyone else see the harm in this? "

I don't think there is any need for venomous replies. To me that is the act of people who believe their own hype and let it go to their head.

I've met people passing through before and had a great time, equally some of the local guys have not been so great but think you'll go back for more because b they are local. You can't win.

Just be polite, read messages and respect preferences. If they state no last minute, travelling meets etc then don't message them. Of they are rude to you be extra nice back...Most times they don't like that.

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

If I am contacted well in advance of someone visiting my area and they meet how I meet, I don't find a problem.

If they contact me only when they are here and message 'in such and such hotel now' I find extremely insulting!

"If I am contacted well in advance of someone visiting my area and they meet how I meet, I don't find a problem.

If they contact me only when they are here and message 'in such and such hotel now' I find extremely insulting! "

Nothing wrong with in my view OP. Lots of people have to travel with work and therefore there's the chance that the only way that a they'll be able to meet those that they want to meet will be via some good planning and some luck with travel plans. Completely different to rocking up at some location and then sending out a FaF tonight message!!

is it cos you use travelodge lol

"is it cos you use travelodge lol"

Not a chance in hell... Bluergh!

"If I am contacted well in advance of someone visiting my area and they meet how I meet, I don't find a problem.

If they contact me only when they are here and message 'in such and such hotel now' I find extremely insulting! "

I pretty much agree with this.

Even better are the ones that say something along the lines of 'I'm parked up in a lay-by near you and my cock needs sucking/my balls need draining'.

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

If it is arranged in advance, or I actually have been in contact with the person before, I don't mind.

However, last minute 'I'm in the area and...' messages strike me as being akin to I've emailed every person and their dog and I don't mind who appears as long as someone does. I may be unfair in this, but too many of those messages I receive look like a copy and paste job.

By *ath_Neil_bifunCouple  over a year ago

near cardiff

"My job means I travel a lot with work, which usually entails staying overnight in a hotel.

Not at all if the message is a tidy one...however this is fab,and people are so easily offended,and so far up their own arses that unless they contact you first on their terms,as yours are irrelevant, then you are basically a cunt

"If it is arranged in advance, or I actually have been in contact with the person before, I don't mind.

However, last minute 'I'm in the area and...' messages strike me as being akin to I've emailed every person and their dog and I don't mind who appears as long as someone does. I may be unfair in this, but too many of those messages I receive look like a copy and paste job. "

smacks of desperation.

By *imply_SensualMan  over a year ago

warrington

I don't think there is anything wrong with doing it as long as it is done in advance and if their profile explicitly says no to people passing through, then avoid them.

There is no need for venomous replies, but if I ever received one, I would just reply again in a very nice way.

I am realistic about this place and as long as you are and don't expect a meet every time, you won't go far wrong.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"is it cos you use travelodge lol

Not a chance in hell... Bluergh!"

Well now whose being hoity toity ? I've had some great sleeps, sex , d*unken girls nights and family hols in Travelodges....

It's clean with a bed bath t.v and breakfast. Why pay for anything else ?

By *egs1194Man  over a year ago

Blackpool

Well now whose being hoity toity ? I've had some great sleeps, sex , d*unken girls nights and family hols in Travelodges....

It's clean with a bed bath t.v and oibreakfast. Why pay for anything else ? "

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

There's nothing wrong with it.

The reasons for refusing are as varied as the people who refuse.

Approach a little differently. e.g. You are looking for a meet on ...................... can accommodate.

Don't go saying........ im just passing through and all that other rubbish about travelling with work.

Not at all if the message is a tidy one...however this is fab,and people are so easily offended,and so far up their own arses that unless they contact you first on their terms,as yours are irrelevant, then you are basically a cunt "

My thoughts entirely

It's clean with a bed bath t.v and breakfast. Why pay for anything else ? "

But it's not me paying, it's the company and when you're staying in different hotels 2/3 times a week something a little nicer than a travelodge goes a long way. Besides, have you seen the prices of a travelodge nowadays? £100+ a night...

I don't think there is any need for venomous replies. To me that is the act of people who believe their own hype and let it go to their head.

I've met people passing through before and had a great time, equally some of the local guys have not been so great but think you'll go back for more because b they are local. You can't win.

Just be polite, read messages and respect preferences. If they state no last minute, travelling meets etc then don't message them. Of they are rude to you be extra nice back...Most times they don't like that. "

Completely agree. It's generally not something I'm interested in or up for (short notice really doesn't work for me) but I don't find it insulting so I wouldn't be rude back.

Just be polite, read messages and respect preferences. If they state no last minute, travelling meets etc then don't message them. Of they are rude to you be extra nice back...Most times they don't like that.

Completely agree. It's generally not something I'm interested in or up for (short notice really doesn't work for me) but I don't find it insulting so I wouldn't be rude back. "

To be fair, if it's a short notice stay over I tend not to ask for a meet, but 9 times out of 10 I'll speak to people in advance and build up some sort of rapport

Scotland - Aberdeen

Oh and I never give abuse to the one's who message 'in such and such hotel now'

I normally ignore, or if I have received too many in one night I normally respond with 'Good for you'

As they obviously have not bothered to read my profile

Bath? Most have a shower because they're smaller so they can cram in more rooms. Breakfast? You mean that one spoonful pot of porridge and measly cereal bar they charge £6 for?

Some Travelodges do have a restaurant and a bar, but most have no bar, no restaurant, no "sit down breakfast", hell, many Travelodges don't even have a car park, or any parking anywhere near....

Most Travelodges DO have a clean bed, but that is about it.

"Bath? Most have a shower because they're smaller so they can cram in more rooms. Breakfast? You mean that one spoonful pot of porridge and measly cereal bar they charge £6 for?

Some Travelodges do have a restaurant and a bar, but most have no bar, no restaurant, no "sit down breakfast", hell, many Travelodges don't even have a car park, or any parking anywhere near....

Most Travelodges DO have a clean bed, but that is about it."

I always try to find a hotel with a gym / pool and they are nearly ALWAYS cheaper than a travelodge...

I think it stems to a stereotypical view your just cheating and you use the work card as a way of getting meets.

"I think it stems to a stereotypical view your just cheating and you use the work card as a way of getting meets. "

A lot of time it's actually the case.

[Removed by poster at 21/03/15 16:05:03]

I regularly get messages saying in hotel near you, not no hi I'm blah blah, so my replies whether they like it or not is "whoop whoop for you", I've met people from all over and will meet those that travel, but if they haven't got common sense to introduce themselves in a first message, then what do they expect

"I think it stems to a stereotypical view your just cheating and you use the work card as a way of getting meets. "

Yeah I guess you could quite easily jump to that assumption.

I would like to stress though that I don't ALWAYS get a shitty response, I've had some fantastic meets while staying away with work

I get to travel all over the UK; sometimes it would be nice to have some social company (and with the clear expectation of nothing more) when you're 200 miles away from home for the entire week.

I tried it a couple of times, the responses didn't fill me full of happy - in fact several were just rude.

The 'social' side of swinging is not exactly very 'social' at times!

Scotland - Aberdeen

"I think it stems to a stereotypical view your just cheating and you use the work card as a way of getting meets.

A lot of time it's actually the case. "

Especially in this area! As men are staying the night before going offshore and think having a hotel room for the night suddenly makes them single!

Maybe the site owners can get a Siri-like interface on the site - possibly call it 'Shaggy'?

-

'Hi Shaggy, my balls are full and I have an erection'

-

'Hi Dave, I have found six vagina's that are close you, would you like me to send them a generic message?'

"I get to travel all over the UK; sometimes it would be nice to have some social company (and with the clear expectation of nothing more) when you're 200 miles away from home for the entire week.

I tried it a couple of times, the responses didn't fill me full of happy - in fact several were just rude.

The 'social' side of swinging is not exactly very 'social' at times!"

Totally agree, sometimes it's nice to just sit down with someone and have a chat over a glass of wine, rather than hiding away in your room going over emails

Out of interest OP, (and purely for Sydney University Research purposes)are you married/attached?

"Out of interest OP, (and purely for Sydney University Research purposes)are you married/attached?"

I am, I've openly talked about it. She knows I'm here and fully supportive of it, including my meeting others for more than just a nice cup of tea.

"Out of interest OP, (and purely for Sydney University Research purposes)are you married/attached?"

Absolutely not...! A). I don't have time for a relationship and B). It's not what I want right now (I'm enjoying "life" too much )

So does that make me a dirty filthy cheat that fits the stereotype?

"Out of interest OP, (and purely for Sydney University Research purposes)are you married/attached?

Absolutely not...! A). I don't have time for a relationship and B). It's not what I want right now (I'm enjoying "life" too much ) "

Hmmmmm [taps clipboard with pen whilst thinking as research takes an unexpected turn for the better]

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Out of interest OP, (and purely for Sydney University Research purposes)are you married/attached?

So does that make me a dirty filthy cheat that fits the stereotype?"

Of course it doesn't if your wife knows, but I didn't see any mention in your profile or did I just miss it?

Absolutely not...! A). I don't have time for a relationship and B). It's not what I want right now (I'm enjoying "life" too much )

Hmmmmm [taps clipboard with pen whilst thinking as research takes an unexpected turn for the better] "

So does that make me a dirty filthy cheat that fits the stereotype?"

Absolutely not if your wife is fully aware and supportive

"I think it stems to a stereotypical view your just cheating and you use the work card as a way of getting meets.

A lot of time it's actually the case.

Especially in this area! As men are staying the night before going offshore and think having a hotel room for the night suddenly makes them single! "

Hahaha true very true.

Not at all if the message is a tidy one...however this is fab,and people are so easily offended,and so far up their own arses that unless they contact you first on their terms,as yours are irrelevant, then you are basically a cunt "

So true lol

Of course it doesn't if your wife knows, but I didn't see any mention in your profile or did I just miss it?"

No its not on my profile at present (but it was), I took off all the stuff about meeting and what I'm looking for and just left the comedy fluff.

Im not 'not meeting' but I'm not actively looking either. Besides, everyone knows people just look at the photos....

Scotland - Aberdeen

Of course it doesn't if your wife knows, but I didn't see any mention in your profile or did I just miss it?

No its not on my profile at present (but it was), I took off all the stuff about meeting and what I'm looking for and just left the comedy fluff.

Im not 'not meeting' but I'm not actively looking either. Besides, everyone knows people just look at the photos....

"

Oh, the pretty pictures can just be a real distraction at times!

"

Yes Professor, I can see from yours you like to wrap your wife like a mummy in the bedsheets right after you've farted in bed and lay on her so she cant get out...kinky bugger

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

When visible my profile states I only meet local men who are able to do a social meet first and able to accommodate (I don't invite anyone into my home who wouldn't have me in theirs).

Therefore I wouldn't entertain anyone passing through. As my profile also states I don't reply to anyone outwith my criteria I wouldn't be penning anything.

Yes Professor, I can see from yours you like to wrap your wife like a mummy in the bedsheets right after you've farted in bed and lay on her so she cant get out...kinky bugger "

It's called 'going Egyptian'

"

It's called 'going Egyptian'"

Oooo Mr VS is in for a rare and exotic treat from me tonight then

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

If the message references my profile I don't have a problem with responding with either a no thanks, I'm not available or yeah, let's chat and meet up for a drink...if my profile clearly hasn't been read, I just delete the message - never seen the need for nasty responses personally

Once, many moons ago, I posted a meet now and had the sterling offer from someone "driving through Cumbria, so could stop off and shag you"...I'm afraid my sarky gene took over and I replied back that there's over 2000 square miles of Cumbria and it was doubtful that he'd be passing Arse End, but that's about the extent of my arsiness

Spent most of the last eight months in hotels,from Travelodge to country house,always good to meet people from the local area,but if their not interested in people passing through,no problem,probably more discrete as not likely to know their family or neighbours,and hotels can be good fun,specially those with librarys,landscaped gardens n four posters

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

I travel through work and stay away in hotels and wish there were more like minded women staying away through work and looking for a drink and chat, with anything else a huge bonus

» Add a new message to this topic