FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Flu jabs

Flu jabs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Its that time of year again. Is everyone having their flu jab, i think this year you just have the one that also covers swine flu.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Never had one yet, always get called for them but never go

But just got my blood results back and my diabetes is under control, liver, kidneys and thyroid excellent, Cholesterol ok and blood count good, Yippeeeeeee

By *icksfocusMan  over a year ago

Pontefract

congratulations on diabetes under control you controling it by diet?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nope, just got over the flu, so that should do me now.

Forum Mod

I don't have it,too many people I know have been really ill after

Refused the swine flu one too last year as I did'nt think it had been researched enough

They wouldn't give me one last year. Do you have to have medical or age issues to qualify?

"congratulations on diabetes under control you controling it by diet?"

Diet and excercise, thank you

"They wouldn't give me one last year. Do you have to have medical or age issues to qualify? "

They give people with health issues and over a certain age priority. But think if they have any left you can have one or pay

Forum Mod

"They wouldn't give me one last year. Do you have to have medical or age issues to qualify? "

We're offered them because of work,they try to encourage us to have them,most don't want them unless they have other medical problems such as asthma,in which case they would also be offered them by their own GPs

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

"They wouldn't give me one last year. Do you have to have medical or age issues to qualify?

They give people with health issues and over a certain age priority. But think if they have any left you can have one or pay"

you can also get them free if your a carer for someone ill.

Anyone can have one but if you dont fit into a certain criteria then you pay, i swear by them personally. Ive had everything flu, swine flu and pneumonia

By *andoras DreamCouple  over a year ago

Swindon Area

not been called for mine yet. I have asthma so always automatically called to have one. I had the swine flu jab last year. i don't think they will bother again this year. the dr said a few weeks ago that swine flu has completly disappeared now and no more cases been reported for ages.

"They wouldn't give me one last year. Do you have to have medical or age issues to qualify?

Anyone can have one but if you dont fit into a certain criteria then you pay, i swear by them personally. Ive had everything flu, swine flu and pneumonia"

That should of read ive had everything aas in jabs for everything

Anyone can have one but if you dont fit into a certain criteria then you pay, i swear by them personally. Ive had everything flu, swine flu and pneumonia"

I will give them a ring again. I don't mind paying if it means i don't end up in bed on my own for a week.

Swindon Area

Anyone can have one but if you dont fit into a certain criteria then you pay, i swear by them personally. Ive had everything flu, swine flu and pneumonia

I will give them a ring again. I don't mind paying if it means i don't end up in bed on my own for a week."

im sure you will get plenty of offers for someone to come and keep you company in bed for a week!!

I've never had a flu jab and don't think I ever will. In my experience the people I know who have the flu fab seem to be the ones who get the flu! There doesn't seem to be any logic in that at all.

I can understand people have it if they have other medical conditions that make them more at risk. It just worries me a little that if I have the flu jab that I'll end up like the others and have the flu anyway.

Swindon Area

"I've never had a flu jab and don't think I ever will. In my experience the people I know who have the flu fab seem to be the ones who get the flu! There doesn't seem to be any logic in that at all.

I can understand people have it if they have other medical conditions that make them more at risk. It just worries me a little that if I have the flu jab that I'll end up like the others and have the flu anyway. "

i have the jab every year and never never have had the flu! i do get an achy arm after having it but having the jab doesn't give you the flu in the slightest.

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

Having been jabbed numerous times a flu jab has managed to escape me!

600 million for a new research facility at St Pancras, 1250 scientists to work there at god knows what cost each year. 1 billion spent on tamiflu we didn't need.

The outlook for flu jabs has never been better.

What flu will it be this year as bird and swine flu seem to be out of the news.

Swindon Area

"600 million for a new research facility at St Pancras, 1250 scientists to work there at god knows what cost each year. 1 billion spent on tamiflu we didn't need.

The outlook for flu jabs has never been better.

What flu will it be this year as bird and swine flu seem to be out of the news."

probably swinger flu!!

You can get it privatly.

I had flu jab a few years ago,and 2 days later i had never felt so ill in my life,never having another flu jab again.

"I've never had a flu jab and don't think I ever will. In my experience the people I know who have the flu fab seem to be the ones who get the flu! There doesn't seem to be any logic in that at all.

I can understand people have it if they have other medical conditions that make them more at risk. It just worries me a little that if I have the flu jab that I'll end up like the others and have the flu anyway. "

The flu jab does is a bit of a compromise. It has to be a sufficient dose to give decent protection without causing proper full blown flu in people with compromised immune systems etc. If you don't quite give some people a sufficient dose you can leave them vulnerable.

By *ollie_JCouple  over a year ago

London

I have to have it every year... Whether it works or not, i don't car but people a lot moore qualified than me are paid to make that decision

I see it no different than having to use condoms.. A bit of a sod but for me protection

I had swine flu

The doc gave me some oinkment (groan) xx

I have to have my flu jab every year and have also had the swine flu jab - it works for me and I dont often get ill

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

im having mine tomw

hertfordshire

You can get it privatly.

I had flu jab a few years ago,and 2 days later i had never felt so ill in my life,never having another flu jab again."

me too never having another one

Ive had mine because of where I work and I've been fine

The OH had his and his joints havn't stopped aching since

not had to have one this year- have had them in the past as a past partner was full of cancer and undergoing chemo etc - plus my daughter has an illness that knocks her immune system when she taking certain drugs or is very ill with it - never had to have it for me yet

How weird someone has found this thread as I've got mine in the morning

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I got mine last month, rather be safe than sorry, it's all about prevention

Had mine yesterday and so far touch wood everything is ok just felt a bit wussy yesterday

hertfordshire

I was really wheezy ..she asked if we were fit and well but before we could answer she had done it now im congested feel sick achey shivery and a headache

» Add a new message to this topic