FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How Bloody Long????

How Bloody Long????

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ce Winger OP   Man  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

So I've got wax in ma ears, can't hear a thing in the right and partial hearing in the left. Have been putting olive oil drops in for about 10 days, so I went to the doctors this morning to book an appointment for a nurse to syringe them out.

4 fecking weeks, that's how bloody long

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You can buy a syringe and do it yourself.

By *hyllyphyllyMan  over a year ago

Bradford

According to wikihow....

In a glass, mug, or saucepan, mix together 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 cup of warm water. Mix until the salt is dissolved.

Soak a cotton ball in the saline solution.

Tilt the ear that's suffering from earwax buildup up towards the sky. Your head should be tilted sideways. Do this while sitting down to make the application of the saline solution easier.

Take the soaked cotton ball and squeeze some of the salt water into the ear. A few drops are more than enough; don't drown your ear canal.

Wait for gravity to bring the saline solution down through the wax.

Tilt your head the opposite way and wait for the salt water to drain out.

By *oward1978Man  over a year ago

Rotherham

Er about a month...I said ABOUT A MONTH!!

By *ola.Woman  over a year ago

Just where I need to be.

Are you sure you heard the receptionist properly.

Just had the same problem. Had to olive oil my ears for a week, then had a syringe. They couldn't get it all out, so I had to go away and do the olive oil for another week. I came back a second time, they still couldn't get it all out, so I was sent away yet again this time with sodium bicarb drops. Finally they got it all out on the third attempt.

By *oveSlutForUseCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Earex Advance from tesco or boots. about 4 quid. cleared in 4 days what olive oil did not in 4 weeks.

If you Google alternative therapies I am sure somewhere I've heard that there are little candles like things you can buy that you put in your ears that draw it all out!

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Tried doing it maself a few years back with very limited success. The nurse has a machine that has a pulsating jet, last time she got out enough to make four candles

Go for the olive oil treatment

Her

"If you Google alternative therapies I am sure somewhere I've heard that there are little candles like things you can buy that you put in your ears that draw it all out! "

Fork handles !!

By *carineMan  over a year ago

Armthorpe, Doncaster

The OP might as well face up to the truth. His head is a solid mass of wax.

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Have also used sodium bicarbonate drops, but am still mutton jeff

Sorry what did you say? Speak up I can't hear you!

Get a jet wash works wonders

I SAID IT WORKS WONDERS

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"If you Google alternative therapies I am sure somewhere I've heard that there are little candles like things you can buy that you put in your ears that draw it all out! "

Hopi Ear candles - they do work for some people but should be administered by a qualified practitioner at least the first time, especially as it involves lighting the one end of the candle and allowing it to burn down slowly before extinguishing it approcimately 6 inches away from the ear. After that and if no allergy to any of the ingredients, it is quite safe to have a friend/ partner to do it.

"If you Google alternative therapies I am sure somewhere I've heard that there are little candles like things you can buy that you put in your ears that draw it all out!

Hopi Ear candles - they do work for some people but should be administered by a qualified practitioner at least the first time, especially as it involves lighting the one end of the candle and allowing it to burn down slowly before extinguishing it approcimately 6 inches away from the ear. After that and if no allergy to any of the ingredients, it is quite safe to have a friend/ partner to do it. "

Go to a high street Chinese medicne place that seem to be popping up all over the place. Hopi candle. You'll be fixed in no time.

By *oe bloggs69Man  over a year ago

fife

I did mine last year with a used washing up liquid bottle

By *ere-for-my-convenienceWoman  over a year ago

West Midlands

My friend is an alternative therapist

She does it

"Tried doing it maself a few years back with very limited success. The nurse has a machine that has a pulsating jet, last time she got out enough to make four candles "

Why would you want to make Fork Handles with your ear wax?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"So I've got wax in ma ears, can't hear a thing in the right and partial hearing in the left. Have been putting olive oil drops in for about 10 days, so I went to the doctors this morning to book an appointment for a nurse to syringe them out.

4 fecking weeks, that's how bloody long

"

What???? Pardon!!!!! half past 2!!!!

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

seriously though... do you not have a nhs drop in centre close and that can do it for you sooner...

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

ive done it for a few people and i still do it for my mum

what i did find out years ago is use a bulb syringe as you get better control and also can pulse the water mixture alot better than with a syringe

earex and warm water as hot as you can take is better and syringe it out using the bulb syringe

You do know that there is a few percent risk of total deafness arising from a normal syringing? I would reconsider. Partial as opposed to permanent deafness...

Blimey

Wanking makes Yer go deaf. I think its deaf !!!! Or it maybe blind. I know it's one of Yer senses. I will let Yer know after a few more sessions.

"Blimey "
talking about ....... !!! Nice avatar QOT

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

Fill a hot water bottle, wrap it in a towel then lie on it so the heat can get into your ear. If possible sleep on it.

The towel tempers the heat.so you don't burn yourself. Oh and cover your pillow with a towel cos when it works it works dramatically

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"seriously though... do you not have a nhs drop in centre close and that can do it for you sooner..."

Yes, only 5 mins away, but they don't provide that service.

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"seriously though... do you not have a nhs drop in centre close and that can do it for you sooner...

Yes, only 5 mins away, but they don't provide that service. "

Some of the hearing aid shops offer syringing but it ain't cheap.

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"You do know that there is a few percent risk of total deafness arising from a normal syringing? I would reconsider. Partial as opposed to permanent deafness..."

Have had it done several times, usually every 2-3 yrs. It's just that since I moved from outside of Derby into town, I've had to swap ma GP. Used to get an appointment within a week, but 4 seems rather a long time

I've done my own before. So satisfying when you get a big lump of wax out

Maybe you just need to accept the job at Madame Tussaud's?

By *eMontresMan  over a year ago

Halesowen

Ear candles have been debunked - they don't work.

Olive oil soaks in to the wax and softens it so it can migrate out, but takes a while.

The active ingredient in Earex is Hydrogen peroxide. You can get a bottle of 10% H2O2 from boots, much better value. Dilute it 50/50 with water to make a 5% solution and apply with a dropper. The H2O2 literally dissolves the wax. Takes a few applications over a 3 or 4 days, it will fizz like alka seltzer, when there's no more fizz, all the wax should have gone.

I have to do my own every so often. Last time I did it I was still deaf and ear still felt blocked, but a couple of days with olive oil after the H2O2 sorted it.

My Doc has advised me that it's best not to have them syringed too often as it stimulates the production of wax and they need doing more frequently.

pardon - for a week or four weeks

"Blimey talking about ....... !!! Nice avatar QOT "

Thank you.. Thought it was about time I did a new one

Get a syringe like a medicine one get in the shower fill up with warm water and scoosh in the ear it will come out then! Works for sure

By *ouble CCouple  over a year ago

Gran Canaria

Hopi Ear Candles work wonders for me. U can 10 for 3 quid on Amazon I think. Good luck. Miss C. Xx

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"If you Google alternative therapies I am sure somewhere I've heard that there are little candles like things you can buy that you put in your ears that draw it all out!

Hopi Ear candles - they do work for some people but should be administered by a qualified practitioner at least the first time, especially as it involves lighting the one end of the candle and allowing it to burn down slowly before extinguishing it approcimately 6 inches away from the ear. After that and if no allergy to any of the ingredients, it is quite safe to have a friend/ partner to do it. "

I have seen videos where someone burnt one in a glass jar and opened it up to find the same debris in there as when done in an ear. All smoke and mirrors I say lol

By *eMontresMan  over a year ago

Halesowen

Hopi Ear candles - they do work for some people but should be administered by a qualified practitioner at least the first time, especially as it involves lighting the one end of the candle and allowing it to burn down slowly before extinguishing it approcimately 6 inches away from the ear. After that and if no allergy to any of the ingredients, it is quite safe to have a friend/ partner to do it.

I have seen videos where someone burnt one in a glass jar and opened it up to find the same debris in there as when done in an ear. All smoke and mirrors I say lol "

yep, there's no way the burning can develop enough suction to draw the wax out - it's an old shaman/witch doctor hocus pocus. Any perceived improvement is placebo effect

oh how i have random thoughts when im on this forum - talking of candles made me think of those little glass dome things people use - then i thought of the pussy sweller upper thing - maybe put one on your ear and suction it out

I have seen videos where someone burnt one in a glass jar and opened it up to find the same debris in there as when done in an ear. All smoke and mirrors I say lol

yep, there's no way the burning can develop enough suction to draw the wax out - it's an old shaman/witch doctor hocus pocus. Any perceived improvement is placebo effect"

how about a plunger - thank gawd ive not had a drink my thoughts are getting silly and rediculous

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"how about a plunger - thank gawd ive not had a drink my thoughts are getting silly and rediculous "

Not got a plunger, but I could try the bog brush I suppose

I use a sink plunger, Half a dozen good pumps n pop the wax has gone, Clears the sinuses an pops the old piles at the same time

Gimp

"how about a plunger - thank gawd ive not had a drink my thoughts are getting silly and rediculous

Not got a plunger, but I could try the bog brush I suppose "

how big are your fookin' ears?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The Hopi candles have been reported as scams.

I've never had my ears syringed - am I missing out?

i think ive reached my level of absurdity here

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"The Hopi candles have been reported as scams.

I've never had my ears syringed - am I missing out?"

In a weird sort of way I find it kind of erotic

» Add a new message to this topic