FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > 6 Nations Part 6

6 Nations Part 6

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heBirminghamWeekend OP   Man  over a year ago

here

We were robbed

Obi - there is a bottle of your favourite malt waiting for you - please advise soonest

Off to continue drowning sorrows

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"We were robbed

Obi - there is a bottle of your favourite malt waiting for you - please advise soonest

Off to continue drowning sorrows"

I'm certainly drowning mine...

Next weekend will be epic!

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I do feel for you Scotty.

If Obi doesn't claim his Malt I'll take it off your hands.

Right now, last weekend, one final game to go. C'mon Scotland, lets see if we can salvage some pride out of a dismal championship so far. Home turf, I'm sure it'll be raining, you'll be in your element - lets pack the Irish back off to the Emerald Isle with their tails between their legs!!!

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Gutted the welsh game is 12.30, I wont be able to watch it.

The only game I have seen this year wasthe very first one when England beat Wales

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Right now, last weekend, one final game to go. C'mon Scotland, lets see if we can salvage some pride out of a dismal championship so far. Home turf, I'm sure it'll be raining, you'll be in your element - lets pack the Irish back off to the Emerald Isle with their tails between their legs!!! "

not a chance.... this is the weekend when ireland and wales both go into points chasing mode... neither of those games will be lose

the england france game will be interesting just for the fact its england vs france!!!

if i went with my guy feel... all 3 team win... wales wins the championship on points....

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Gutted the welsh game is 12.30, I wont be able to watch it.

The only game I have seen this year was the very first one when England beat Wales"

glad the welsh game is up first... because then the irish will know what they need to chase......

"Right now, last weekend, one final game to go. C'mon Scotland, lets see if we can salvage some pride out of a dismal championship so far. Home turf, I'm sure it'll be raining, you'll be in your element - lets pack the Irish back off to the Emerald Isle with their tails between their legs!!!

not a chance.... this is the weekend when ireland and wales both go into points chasing mode... neither of those games will be lose

the england france game will be interesting just for the fact its england vs france!!!

if i went with my guy feel... all 3 team win... wales wins the championship on points...."

I know I know, I won't stop shouting though!!

By *andl76Couple  over a year ago

north east

Train to edinburgh tonight - tickets for game tomorrow - I know I shouldn't feel confident but can Scotland get any worse than the Italy result ?? Maybe I shouldn't ask that

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"We were robbed

Off to continue drowning sorrows"

Sorry - only just seen this!!

Well if we make it to Lickety's party we can share it there.

Was a good game.

Just a shame the kick offs are staggered for the final games as we'll know the other results by the time we walk out.

Which will either work in our favour dependant on the earlier games or result in a disaster if they try and play things safe.

Gonna be an interesting final weekend though as even France could win if Ireland and Wales lose and the frogs beat us by enough points!

A

An exciting weekend of rugby ahead.

Ireland Abú!

Going to be an absolute stormer of final games !

Down to the wire completely, although as the tables stand with a decent win over France England will win the tournament

Don't think Ireland were robbed at all. Defensively that's one of the best games I've seen Wales play.

Still think it's gonna be Ireland that get the title. Can't see them losing against Scotland, hoping France beat england, Wales will need to score at least 40 unanswered points for a chance.

"We were robbed

Was a good game.

Just a shame the kick offs are staggered for the final games as we'll know the other results by the time we walk out.

Which will either work in our favour dependant on the earlier games or result in a disaster if they try and play things safe.

Gonna be an interesting final weekend though as even France could win if Ireland and Wales lose and the frogs beat us by enough points!

A"

This is why I love the championship so much, when it comes down to the wire there's so much to play for

Personally I think Ireland will take it, England don't have a big enough points gap and Ireland will be looking to put on a big total. Wales are too far behind for a realistic points chase.

I would like Scotland to get something from the game (not just the wooden spoon), they deserve it for the improvements they've made

Cardiff

"Right now, last weekend, one final game to go. C'mon Scotland, lets see if we can salvage some pride out of a dismal championship so far. Home turf, I'm sure it'll be raining, you'll be in your element - lets pack the Irish back off to the Emerald Isle with their tails between their legs!!!

if i went with my guy feel... all 3 team win... wales wins the championship on points...."

If thats the outcome, Id be happy but, wouldnt it be better if the last game was the chance for someone to win it, or is it anyway?

Know what I mean, would be shit if it ended on a dead rubber, regardless of who won

Cardiff

Robbed

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

its bloody close..

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"We were robbed

Was a good game.

A

This is why I love the championship so much, when it comes down to the wire there's so much to play for

Personally I think Ireland will take it, England don't have a big enough points gap and Ireland will be looking to put on a big total. Wales are too far behind for a realistic points chase.

I would like Scotland to get something from the game (not just the wooden spoon), they deserve it for the improvements they've made"

I think the final games should kick off at the same time.

Would make an exciting weekend even better!

A

By *ove bi guysWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

"We were robbed

Was a good game.

A

I would like Scotland to get something from the game (not just the wooden spoon), they deserve it for the improvements they've made

A"

Rubbish TV though .... Looking forward to super Saturday

here

Can't wait

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"We were robbed

Was a good game.

A

A

Rubbish TV though .... Looking forward to super Saturday "

Sure you would t be able to watch all the games without having three TVs or by flicking between channels - but there has to be a psychological advantage for the sides playing last.

If Ireland and Wales lose France will be far more fired up and out for a win.

If Ireland and Wales win? There's a chance that the French won't play the same game knowing they can no longer win the 6 Nations.

Just seems a tad unfair on the teams with early kick offs.

But hey - England are playing last of course!

A

I'm going miss it all. Can someone support Ireland for me please?

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"I'm going miss it all. Can someone support Ireland for me please?"

I'll support them as soon as England have won.

Sound fair?

A

"I'm going miss it all. Can someone support Ireland for me please?

Sound fair?

A"

Their match is earlier, isn't it?

By *lirtyjjWoman  over a year ago

Meath

I got ya covered!!!!

Too scared to say what I'm thinking out loud. All i can say is if everyone plays well it will be a great day of rugby. What the championship is all about.

Come on Ireland. We just gotta score some tries!!

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Sound fair?

A

Their match is earlier, isn't it?"

And.........?

A

here

Sound fair?

A

Their match is earlier, isn't it?"

Yes it is! I will be watching

Sound fair?

A

Yes it is! I will be watching "

I'll be in Scotland but unable to watch unless where I am have it on. I think we're on opposite sides for this one Scotty.

here

Sound fair?

A

I'll be in Scotland but unable to watch unless where I am have it on. I think we're on opposite sides for this one Scotty.

"

In Scotland cheering for Ireland !!! Good luck with that one

Sound fair?

A

In Scotland cheering for Ireland !!! Good luck with that one "

"We were robbed

Was a good game.

A

A

Rubbish TV though .... Looking forward to super Saturday

Sure you would t be able to watch all the games without having three TVs or by flicking between channels - but there has to be a psychological advantage for the sides playing last.

If Ireland and Wales lose France will be far more fired up and out for a win.

If Ireland and Wales win? There's a chance that the French won't play the same game knowing they can no longer win the 6 Nations.

Just seems a tad unfair on the teams with early kick offs.

But hey - England are playing last of course!

A"

I'm working all day tomorrow but I'll have the TV on

By *ustWatchesMan  over a year ago

Newton Aycliffe

I think it is England's to lose, as long as they don't underestimate the French.

Ireland and Scotland will be close, Ireland are not scoring enough tries and the Scots have proven they can score tries against anyone, despite not being the finished article.

Wales - I just can't see them scoring enough points away against Italy to bridge the gap.

A perfect ending would be england and Ireland both losing their games!

Wales need to score 40 unanswered points, probably even more for a chance.

I see us finishing 3rd

Its Irelands for the taking. Shoulder to shoulder

Newcastle and Gateshead

italy are playing well....

I have wales, ireland and england as part of my aca today...

make em stop!!!

By *afadaoMan  over a year ago

Staines

This is not the start Wales wanted Italy are right up for this, even without their skipper. If they maintain this level for the next 50 minutes I'll be surprised but excellent game.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"This is not the start Wales wanted Italy are right up for this, even without their skipper. If they maintain this level for the next 50 minutes I'll be surprised but excellent game. "

italy always play well for an hour.... they just don't have the strength in depth to play 80 minutes...

Newcastle and Gateshead

as much as i love halfpenny's game... he has to learn to tackle better.... to brave for his own good at time

mind you.... run over by a 18st fijian... erm... italian...

"ITALIA, ITALIA, ITALIA.........!!"

here

Need Wales to win!

"as much as i love halfpenny's game... he has to learn to tackle better.... to brave for his own good at time

mind you.... run over by a 18st fijian... erm... italian..."

I felt for that Samoan-looking Italian whom busted his arm, he looked like he was going in to shock; when he was sitting on the deck with the medics, his upper body was heaving!

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

I can't see Wales doing it to be honest, I think Italy are up for a good game if they can just keep their heads together

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I can't see Wales doing it to be honest, I think Italy are up for a good game if they can just keep their heads together "

ahem....awkward.....

By *afadaoMan  over a year ago

Staines

Floodgates?

In the middle

Ohhh I think I spoke too soon

Newcastle and Gateshead

what 6 numbers sandy chooses for the lottery.... i don't want any of them....

In the middle

"I can't see Wales doing it to be honest, I think Italy are up for a good game if they can just keep their heads together

ahem....awkward..... "

I meant win the tournament more than win the game

In the middle

"what 6 numbers sandy chooses for the lottery.... i don't want any of them.... "

As long as I'm not predicting them at half time you might be ok

here

Pressure on Ireland and England now! 26 mins still to play!

Newcastle and Gateshead

the italians have fallen apart.... now its a points chase....

In the middle

I'm just off to sit in a quiet corner somewhere

here

"I'm just off to sit in a quiet corner somewhere "

Would it be possible for you to predict Scotland will lose please

Wow, Wales are on fire!

Very worried here!

I'll support them enough for the both of us, Lickety!

The boys are on fire....this is incredible

here

Italy having a bad time

Newcastle and Gateshead

i think i can chalk this one down as a win on my aca...

1 down... 7 to go!!!

Newcastle and Gateshead

damn... i think ireland will have to go to the plan c "leinster playbook" straight away......

the scotland ireland game is going to be super open....

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Italy having a bad time"

falling apart..

here

"i think i can chalk this one down as a win on my aca...

1 down... 7 to go!!! "

Have you got Sunderland down for a win?

In the middle

I predict it's going to be an interesting day

Absolutely unbelievable!!!!!!!!

here

Welsh confidence to run with the ball - no chip kicks - keep possession and run!

Wish Scotland would do more of this!

In the middle

I'm worried now about which French team will turn up if it's going to be a points game

It pains me to say this but congratulations Wales on the 6 Nations Championship!

* throws up

"The boys are on fire....this is incredible "

"It pains me to say this but congratulations Wales on the 6 Nations Championship!

* throws up "

It ain't over yet you know!

Newcastle and Gateshead

that italian try is going to help.... get the converstion

Newcastle and Gateshead

okay... ireland need a 20pt win.... england need a 16pt win...

doable..... ireland will need to play leinster rugby though

here

Ooooh exciting stuff!!!

England to beat France by 16, Ireland to win by 20....

Wales were outstanding

In the middle

Well let's pop along to Scotland now and see how that turns out

Wow

here

come on Scotland !!!

The Italians may have thrown the Irish and English a lifeline

But that has to be the performance of the championship by my boys

here

"Well let's pop along to Scotland now and see how that turns out "

What about a prediction

"come on Scotland !!!

"

Great second half from the boyos

They were poor in the first ...

But that's plus 41 which makes the other results this afternoon a bit more lively

By *atelotmanMan  over a year ago

Chatham

What happen to Italy at the half time break, did they drink wine instead of juice?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"What happen to Italy at the half time break, did they drink wine instead of juice?"

lots of 50/50 calls went against them... which resulted in 20 minutes of 15 v 14 rugby....

fair play to wales... by god they took advantage of that.....

By *ath_Neil_bifunCouple  over a year ago

near cardiff

I don't often support Scotland but today I will be!

"The Italians may have thrown the Irish and English a lifeline

But that has to be the performance of the championship by my boys "

This

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Well let's pop along to Scotland now and see how that turns out

What about a prediction "

i think they will play normal irish rugby for the first 40.... and then may play leinster rugby if they then need to chase.....

20 is doable i think... but will take a massive effort

By *urreyloverMan  over a year ago

Guildford

This 6 nations tournament is turning out to be one of the most exciting ever.

here

6 Leinster players on the bench...

Newcastle and Gateshead

leinster set play move from the scrum..... that joes influence....

here

oh god it's going to be another of those days

Newcastle and Gateshead

10 down... 10 to go!!!! c'mon!!!!

I won't have a fingernail left at the end of this day!!

here

Hoping Scotland are going to start playing at some point!

here

Tackled in the air

No card, but a penalty given!

Newcastle and Gateshead

i know he is the captain.... but laidlaw won't stop talking and complaining about everything to the ref...... i wish he would just shut up

That bloody converted try at the end by the Italians, bastards! Scotland and France to win their games hopefully!

Tryyyyyyyyyyyy

here

Oh crap!

here

"That bloody converted try at the end by the Italians, bastards! Scotland and France to win their games hopefully! "

Are you watching the Scotland game!!!

Just turned telly on, checked score, then turned it back off. Going to be the pattern for the rest of the game for me

here

Yes!!!!

Let's have a bit of confidence!!

here

Ireland will crank it up in the second half!

In the middle

Well it's a cracker so far I better not mention specific teams

here

Scotland defence hasn't turned up today!

"Scotland defence hasn't turned up today!

"

good job an all!!!!! COYBIG

[Removed by poster at 21/03/15 15:53:26]

Newcastle and Gateshead

sexton's got the yips.....

Danger zone....I cant watch

Newcastle and Gateshead

right.. 23 up 20 to go.... death by penalties time!!!!

By *rishman75Man  over a year ago

Chessington/epsom

Finish them off Ireland !!

here

"Turning in to a sorry display by Scotland"

Understatement of the season!

So upsetting

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

"The lead is on a knife edge for Ireland"

???

What?

here

""The lead is on a knife edge for Ireland"

???

What? "

For the championship

I'm just able to see the Ireland/ Scotland game.

How many points do we need to win it all?

By *entadreadMan  over a year ago

Essex

Nipped at the finishing line England has, again! is this going to be Lancaster's leagcy? Nearly, but not enough???

here

"I'm just able to see the Ireland/ Scotland game.

How many points do we need to win it all?"

Well hello

Good of you to join us!

Ireland need points difference of 21 to go ahead of Wales

""The lead is on a knife edge for Ireland"

???

What?

For the championship"

Ahhh that makes more sense. I heard it as I walked past the TV!

Well hello

Good of you to join us!

"

I've been let out of the locked room for an hour and there's a television here. Yay!

Well hello

Good of you to join us!

I've been let out of the locked room for an hour and there's a television here. Yay!"

I'm out of the self-imposed locked room for a few minutes. What a weekend to have other priorities

here

England will be hoping Scotland can get some consolation points!!!

"England will be hoping Scotland can get some consolation points!!!"

How many points will England need?

Crying into my pint. Well done Ireland though.

Yay! But was enough for Ireland to win.

Newcastle and Gateshead

okay now england need a 26pt win to win the championship.....

thats going to be tough.......

"England will be hoping Scotland can get some consolation points!!!"

This Englander is enjoying that it's come right down to the final games. May the best team win. I hope it's us, clearly, but if it's not, so be it.

here

"England will be hoping Scotland can get some consolation points!!!

How many points will England need?"

Englamd need to beat France by 27 points difference

Scotty, wooden spoon time.

here

Devastating end for Scotland - feel like they have gone backwards again!

Whitewash wooden spoon!!!

Arghhhhhhh!!!

"England will be hoping Scotland can get some consolation points!!!

How many points will England need?

Englamd need to beat France by 27 points difference "

With any luck the French defence are off with the Scottish defence.

Very disappointing for Scotland

"Very disappointing for Scotland"

It definitely hasn't been their year.

What a game...

Proud doesn't even begin to cover how I feel right now.

In the middle

Blimey I have had to have a vodka and to calm me nerves

Still all to play for as they say

2 great games so far xx

here

Next game is going to be amazing!

England have a target

Proud of the Scots. The only way is up!!

a lot of trys scored , all good fun , pity that both italy and scotland were just so abjectly woeful , the games would have been more entertaining if they had actualy bothered to be competitive and play a decient bit of rugby. time these teams did the honourable thing and retired from the 6 nations and gave somebody else a chance to try and play competitive rugby

I want to watch!!!

It's all a bit loopy on Planet Rugby today! Will mostly be hiding behind a cushion for the next one!

Jesus Christ watching Scotland as a part time supporter is hard work, they make so many mistakes, I don't notice when Wales are playing them cos obviously I want Wales to win but when you want Scotland to score and all they do is drop the ball, spill it, knock it on, bloody annoying!

Gutted, we've lost the championship, 61 points was an impressive score but should have put more points on the board from earlier games, should know it comes down to the wire in the 6 nations.

here

"a lot of trys scored , all good fun , pity that both italy and scotland were just so abjectly woeful , the games would have been more entertaining if they had actualy bothered to be competitive and play a decient bit of rugby. time these teams did the honourable thing and retired from the 6 nations and gave somebody else a chance to try and play competitive rugby "

Woeful attitude to have towards one of the great rugby Union tournaments in the world!

By *rishman75Man  over a year ago

Chessington/epsom

Where did I put that french jersey ??

"a lot of trys scored , all good fun , pity that both italy and scotland were just so abjectly woeful , the games would have been more entertaining if they had actualy bothered to be competitive and play a decient bit of rugby. time these teams did the honourable thing and retired from the 6 nations and gave somebody else a chance to try and play competitive rugby "

What are you on about? It's been a great tournament.

"Where did I put that french jersey ??"

In the bin

here

Looking for a fantastic game of running rugby to finish things off!

Essex

"a lot of trys scored , all good fun , pity that both italy and scotland were just so abjectly woeful , the games would have been more entertaining if they had actualy bothered to be competitive and play a decient bit of rugby. time these teams did the honourable thing and retired from the 6 nations and gave somebody else a chance to try and play competitive rugby

What are you on about? It's been a great tournament."

In the middle

"Where did I put that french jersey ??"

In the bin??

In the middle

There is always one

its been ok , it could be better if the two traditional occupiers of the bottem places in the table actualy became competitive , in eccect the 6 nations is only really a 4 nation compitition with a further 2 teams that make no contribution to things bar comedy value

here

Did I hear that right - Steve Walsh retired from refereeing?

YAAAAAAAY! Within 2 minutes!

Come on England!!!

Yeeeeeeessssssssss!!!!

here

"YAAAAAAAY! Within 2 minutes!

Come on England!!!"

It's going to be a cracker !!!

here

"Yeeeeeeessssssssss!!!!"

Welcome

You finished work now - just in time?

Squeeky bum time!!

A good start for England hope It carries on

Brilliant try!

If we can keep that up

Essex

False dawn.

In the middle

I've had to pour another vodka

I need to get back to work. I don't have time to watch this.

But my bum seems to be stuck to the sofa.

here

"I need to get back to work. I don't have time to watch this.

"

Work can wait! This is the last game

Work can wait! This is the last game"

It really can't. The deadline is looming. Horribly looming.

By *renchbambi xWoman  over a year ago

Need to know basis

Shakes head

Newcastle and Gateshead

france are being shambolic...... at least the other teams waited till the last 30 minutes

here

Work can wait! This is the last game

It really can't. The deadline is looming. Horribly looming."

Just think about that song from Annie

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Did I hear that right - Steve Walsh retired from refereeing?"

i thought that's what i heard...

I'm going to miss "hollywood"...... not!!!! the may never missed a camera angle to get his mug on....

"france are being shambolic...... at least the other teams waited till the last 30 minutes"

Long may it continue

here

"Did I hear that right - Steve Walsh retired from refereeing?

i thought that's what i heard...

I'm going to miss "hollywood"...... not!!!! the may never missed a camera angle to get his mug on.... "

No more referee eye candy for the ladies (and guys!)

Bah!

Need to know basis

Ha enfin. La reponse du berger a la bergere!

Newcastle and Gateshead

oopsie.......

"Yeeeeeeessssssssss!!!!

Welcome

You finished work now - just in time?"

I've just finished but I've had the other matches on all afternoon, cracking matches

I shouldn't have changed my profile pic. It's clearly unlucky.

"It pains me to say this but congratulations Wales on the 6 Nations Championship!

* throws up

It ain't over yet you know! "

Yeah, agreed, - who the fck said that?

Newcastle and Gateshead

that is typical french... very very very lucky boy....

i would have had him shot if he ever did something that stupid again...

French playing confidently at present.... that was close to another try.

Need to know basis

"Yeeeeeeessssssssss!!!!

Welcome

I've just finished but I've had the other matches on all afternoon, cracking matches"

Join the banter sexy....its not over yet. Great game, great rugby and two very pleasing teams to watch x

"Yeeeeeeessssssssss!!!!

Welcome

I've just finished but I've had the other matches on all afternoon, cracking matches

Join the banter sexy....its not over yet. Great game, great rugby and two very pleasing teams to watch x"

Trying to watch it on iPlayer as I wonder home.... Argh!!!

here

"that is typical french... very very very lucky boy....

i would have had him shot if he ever did something that stupid again... "

French have done it before - was it Castignaid who ran the pitch and then dropped it at the lasting minute in the goal area?

"French playing confidently at present.... that was close to another try."

Looks like the wrong French tram turned up, these guys can play!!

Need to know basis

Typical english 'fair play' wtf

Especially when they played England!!