FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Feeling a but silly...

Feeling a but silly...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Sat at my local garage as car was due an MOT. I've been told I had 5 bulbs out It's a record! And I thought cyclists were the liability on the road

Please help me feel better by confessing silly things you've done so I can laugh at your silliness and forget about mine.

crystal (NOT 2wheels!)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Fram it! *bit silly! Not but!!!

*hides in shame*

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

How did you see where you were going?!

On my way out the other day I spent ages looking for my mobile phone.

I was talking to my Mother on it

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

Five! Good grief woman, didn't you get hassle from other road users? Is it possible the garage is taking advantage of your sex?

4 number plate lights and a nsr indicator?

"How did you see where you were going?!"

I eat loads of carrots!

I had one headlight bulb on the nearside working so that must have been what kept me going

My sister used to put oil in the car down the dipstick part

Was very funny when she complained to the mechanic at the garage about how difficult it was and why hadn't car designers made it easier

I am the sensible one

"On my way out the other day I spent ages looking for my mobile phone.

I was talking to my Mother on it "

Yay! That makes me feel a little better I've done the same thing too!

[Removed by poster at 13/03/15 17:26:27]

"Five! Good grief woman, didn't you get hassle from other road users? Is it possible the garage is taking advantage of your sex?"

They're a reliable bunch of guys. I trust them! Plus, I'm quite happily sat here perving them at work #notsorry

"4 number plate lights and a nsr indicator?"

You got it... no reg plate lights! So at least I had some rear and head lighting remaining

I attempted to walk into a shop I had visited often only to be confronted by a brand new pain of glass as they had relocated the door in the shop refit. Everyone looked around as I hit the window and I promptly turned around and walked off rubbing my head..

"My sister used to put oil in the car down the dipstick part

Was very funny when she complained to the mechanic at the garage about how difficult it was and why hadn't car designers made it easier

I am the sensible one "

That's pretty impressive!!! Did she use a funnel?!

Don't worry happens to all. Answered a phone call with remote control, couldn't understand why the phone kept ringing...okay had been dozing on couch

What. .. you mean like "parked" my car on the drive and left the handbrake off?

Nah..never done that.

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Did you see my post about my laundry and a bag of rubbish?

It was called Absolutely Barking.

The sign said pull so why did I attempt to push the door?

"What. .. you mean like "parked" my car on the drive and left the handbrake off?

Nah..never done that. "

That's you being considerate so if someone wanted to parallel park next to you they could just nudge your car along

"I attempted to walk into a shop I had visited often only to be confronted by a brand new pain of glass as they had relocated the door in the shop refit. Everyone looked around as I hit the window and I promptly turned around and walked off rubbing my head.. "

Sorry mate but that's fucking funny! I love seeing things like this. Second only to idiots walking into lamp posts Because thier eyes are fixed on the phone lol

Queen of doing silly things here. Where shall I start? Today I paid for my shopping,walked away and stopped,turned back to the cashier and said you didn't give me all my shopping,where's the rest? He pointed to my arm and said you hung the other bag on your arm. Felt a right pratt.

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

How long have you got?

On several occasions over the years I've attempted to get into similar cars to my own which have been parked near mine

I've sprayed hairspray on my pits instead of deodorant and I've sprayed deodorant on my hair instead of hairspray

That's just a couple that spring to mind

By *irceWoman  over a year ago

Gloucester

Drove into a pond and the local vicar seeing the crowd brought out cucumber nibbles for everyone, then the crane turned up and woke everyone who had missed my epic wrong turn...

"Drove into a pond and the local vicar seeing the crowd brought out cucumber nibbles for everyone, then the crane turned up and woke everyone who had missed my epic wrong turn...

"

I'm sorry but that made me laugh.

By *edsBonkingMan  over a year ago

Near MK

Cooked myself some sausages in the oven a few weeks back for a sausage sarnie..... Got them out as they were ready, buttered some bread.... Put the bread in the fridge and the butter in the hot oven. Went to lounge to eat sandwich... Returned to kitchen to find melted butter dripping from the oven !!! Ooops !!! Bread was fine thou

Spent hours mooching for my glasses and then my mate told me

What u Think is holding your Hair back

Lol

Well I went to work with my trousers inside out...

I didn't notice until my shift was done..

A couple of days ago an electrician came round to do some work in the garage.

I unlocked the door and let him in and went back inside the house. He knocked on the door a bit later to say he'd finished and I asked for the keys back. He looked confused and told me I'd not given them to him. I'd taken them back in with me.

Not a big thing but I felt daft.

I had a long-awaited meet Monday evening with my fb, who I hadnt seen since November. He dropped me off and I was too busy looking back at him and waving, I walked into a knee height post in the supermarket car park. Felt pretty silly as someone was stood by the wall and Im sure they saw me.

Spent the extra money once to go to the passport office and get my new one there and then. All done and dusted and feeling happy for myself went and got myself a coffee and a muffin from the place next door. As I left the coffee shop I threw all my rubbish from the table including my new passport into the bin.... twat!!

My sister drove to tesco did her shopping, left and went to get back in her car.. Went back in tesco insisting that someone had stole it. Police got called and only after giving details...remembered she had borrowed my nieces

Thank you everyone I don't feel quite as daft. I can still feel the mechanics looking and laughing at me for being a silly woman!!!

I am the sensible one

That's pretty impressive!!! Did she use a funnel?!"

No...think she spilt more than ever went into the engine

"Spent the extra money once to go to the passport office and get my new one there and then. All done and dusted and feeling happy for myself went and got myself a coffee and a muffin from the place next door. As I left the coffee shop I threw all my rubbish from the table including my new passport into the bin.... twat!! "

Oops. Sounds expensive and a lot of hassle. Did you miss your trip?

"Thank you everyone I don't feel quite as daft. I can still feel the mechanics looking and laughing at me for being a silly woman!!!"

Im saying nothing x

"Spent the extra money once to go to the passport office and get my new one there and then. All done and dusted and feeling happy for myself went and got myself a coffee and a muffin from the place next door. As I left the coffee shop I threw all my rubbish from the table including my new passport into the bin.... twat!! "

... just to add, it wasn't till I got home that I realised. There followed 4 hours of frantic hunting for said document....

"Spent the extra money once to go to the passport office and get my new one there and then. All done and dusted and feeling happy for myself went and got myself a coffee and a muffin from the place next door. As I left the coffee shop I threw all my rubbish from the table including my new passport into the bin.... twat!!

Oops. Sounds expensive and a lot of hassle. Did you miss your trip?"

No, once i retraced my steps i went back to the coffee shop and asked them if i could rake the bins, once they agreed I found it pretty quickly. It wasn't so shiny and new any more!

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

I didn't get my fringe cut and popped into the supermarket wearing a cloche hat. As a result of the overlong fringe and hat combo obstructing my peripheral vision I walked straight into a carpark sign headfirst and fell backwards into a puddle with the shock. There was no styling that one out, I just looked like a twat.

"Well I went to work with my trousers inside out...

I didn't notice until my shift was done.."

I walked around Westfield shopping centre with my jumper inside out and a very visible label on show. I realised in a large men's shop and went into the changing room area,whipped it off and corrected it after adjusting my bra. I looked up and noticed a CCTV camera as I walked out and a male assistant looking puzzled at me

"I didn't get my fringe cut and popped into the supermarket wearing a cloche hat. As a result of the overlong fringe and hat combo obstructing my peripheral vision I walked straight into a carpark sign headfirst and fell backwards into a puddle with the shock. There was no styling that one out, I just looked like a twat. "

You should have done a little break dancing on the floor

"Thank you everyone I don't feel quite as daft. I can still feel the mechanics looking and laughing at me for being a silly woman!!!"

I wouldn't worry about it. Mechanics don't always get it right either.

2 days after I bought my Scoob, from a Subaru main dealership, the centre section of the exhaust started blowing so I took it back.

Standard models has 2 cats - one in the centre section - but mine had a performance pack fitted which included a decatted centre section.

The dealership offered to replace the exhaust section on the spot and I asked, just to clarify, if it would be like for like, so also a decat.

I had 4 mechanics arguing with me (all at once), insisting my car didn't have a decat, that was only newer models. So I said take it off and look. They did. It was a decat. One of them went to look it up. It was supposed to be a decat.

It all went a bit quiet after that.

Dizzy me - were on way to a nice club in Bury decided to get a bottle of wine at Tesco 24 ... only after a long coughing fit of my hubby, did I realize, that had forgotten to button up my coat and was flashing thigh boots, corset and not much else... Security guards loved it ... since then they wave when we come in

This was about 20 years ago / so blame it on my age at the time.

Went to a localish garage with my sister to get my car washed. Got out , put some money in the machine and ran jumpijg back into the drivers seat quick before I got wet. Waited for it to start ! My sis said - what you doing ? I think , is she daft ?- tell her I'm waiting for the car wash to start. She then explains to me - it's a jet wash and you have to do it yourself ! We still laugh about it now !

"This was about 20 years ago / so blame it on my age at the time.

Went to a localish garage with my sister to get my car washed. Got out , put some money in the machine and ran jumpijg back into the drivers seat quick before I got wet. Waited for it to start ! My sis said - what you doing ? I think , is she daft ?- tell her I'm waiting for the car wash to start. She then explains to me - it's a jet wash and you have to do it yourself ! We still laugh about it now ! "

Oh that sounds like the sort of thing my sister would do

By *ittle Pocket PerveWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I love this thread, it's made me laugh so much

By *ickawitchCouple  over a year ago

Away with the fairies (Liverpool to you)

I drove all the way to work with the steering wheel feeling heavy....drove most of the way home thinking how much I was going to complain to my OH about my arm being tired because my steering wheel must be broken only to have a woman toot me at the traffic light to tell me my tyre was flat!

I called my OH to tell him my tyre was flat AND my steering wheel was broken. He asked me did I not hear a loud noise while I was driving? I said yes I did...it was annoying me so I turned the music up so I didn't have to listen to it.

He was a bit mad but at me but all the guys at the garage were laughing their socks off. I pointed out that if you have never had a flat you wouldn't know what it felt or sounded like

When I was pregnant I had a new fridge freezer delivered... i showed the guys through to where I roughly nwanted it to go - a slim room just off the kitchen. Fine. They left it there and off they went. It was only after they left and Id stopped faffing, that I realised I was the wrong side of it, now stuck, between the downstairs loo and an American fridge freezer. I was there for 5 hours before my neighbour heard me and had to break in to "free" me lol

By *irceWoman  over a year ago

Gloucester

Yay! That makes me feel a little better I've done the same thing too!"

And me

By *hekaiserMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

My little brother passed his driving test a few years ago. He bought a car and after a few weeks of running around in it-i asked if he regularly checked the oil/water levels.

He replied that our middle brother ( who doesnt drive) said "modern cars dont have radiators, so no need to check the coolant level"

WTF!!!

"When I was pregnant I had a new fridge freezer delivered... i showed the guys through to where I roughly nwanted it to go - a slim room just off the kitchen. Fine. They left it there and off they went. It was only after they left and Id stopped faffing, that I realised I was the wrong side of it, now stuck, between the downstairs loo and an American fridge freezer. I was there for 5 hours before my neighbour heard me and had to break in to "free" me lol "

class

in my early 20's I came back from travelling and stayed at my dads place. Whilst getting ready for a night out with the girls, my dad shouted up that he was going to the pub. Great I thought, and trotted down the stairs to put some music on. I started flicking through the music channels in his lounge and could hear talking. Low and behold he was in the garden chatting to the neighbour over the wall... And I was stood right in front of patio doors, naked.. So I did what any sane person would do, and dropped to the floor and lay there.. My dad and the neighbour now watching me through the doors...

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

I was with 8 friends in Pizza Hut when u was about 17 and I leant over to pick up my bag off the floor not realising that the stool was one with 3 legs, the whole thing toppled over and I fell off. M

It was a Saturday lunch time and what made it worse was that I managed to go face first into a passing waiters crotch on the way down.. Practically slid face first over his crotch and down his legs into a heap on the floor!

"Dizzy me - were on way to a nice club in Bury decided to get a bottle of wine at Tesco 24 ... only after a long coughing fit of my hubby, did I realize, that had forgotten to button up my coat and was flashing thigh boots, corset and not much else... Security guards loved it ... since then they wave when we come in "

The other day at work, I had them reset the computer because i thought my keyboard wasn't working. Was trying to input my username and password but just wasn't working.

Erm, turns out. Where I was meant to be putting in numbers, I was putting in letters. And where i'm meant to put in letters, I put in numbers.

Needless to say, I haven't told anyone this lol

I have taken my land line phone to work with me instead of my mobile.

Lost my car keys and found them in the fridge!

And regularly lose my glasses.... On top of my head.

The list is endless here

By *iss_Samantha_LovecockTV/TS  over a year ago

bmth /poole sometimes blandford

surely you'd have been pulled by the bill if this was true

By *lleyCat1969Man  over a year ago

Folkestone

"Spent hours mooching for my glasses and then my mate told me

What u Think is holding your Hair back

Lol

"

Snap! On more than one occasion I've been looking for my glasses, only to look in a mirror and realise I'm wearing them.

"Drove into a pond and the local vicar seeing the crowd brought out cucumber nibbles for everyone, then the crane turned up and woke everyone who had missed my epic wrong turn...

"

Oh now i feel better!

By *eanut Butter CupWoman  over a year ago

B & M Bargains

I put more oil in my car then left the cap on top of the engine! A week later I had someone out to look at it as it was "leaking oil". He opened the bonnet and the oil had bubbled over onto everything!

Said its a good job I hadn't done any longer journeys than the five miles to work as it could have ignited! But I'd been 20 miles down the motorway the day before

Oh but the oil cap was still there where I left it in the engine

"I drove all the way to work with the steering wheel feeling heavy....drove most of the way home thinking how much I was going to complain to my OH about my arm being tired because my steering wheel must be broken only to have a woman toot me at the traffic light to tell me my tyre was flat!

I called my OH to tell him my tyre was flat AND my steering wheel was broken. He asked me did I not hear a loud noise while I was driving? I said yes I did...it was annoying me so I turned the music up so I didn't have to listen to it.

He was a bit mad but at me but all the guys at the garage were laughing their socks off. I pointed out that if you have never had a flat you wouldn't know what it felt or sounded like "

Omg sorry but this one had me in tears!

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

Because of the way the controls are configured, you usually have to get in tractors through the left hand door. Driving one all day then try to get in the left hand door of my car to drive home!

It was My second meet she sent me her address the day I was meant to go to her place through here she didnt send it to my phone number so I get into her estate but I forgot her house number and I didnt have wifi to check my messages on here because thats where the address was and I didnt have credit to text her to get the address but the number 52 was glued in my head I was so sure that was her house number when I knocked the door it was empty so I walk around her area looking for a shop to buy credit I ended up getting the bus home I knew there'd be wifi on the bus so ill come back to here on fab to check the right house number she had blocked me already (i was expecting it) it was in my msgs it was 57 all along not 52 I got off the bus to go bacc to her house but she had left I texted her phone the next day to tell her whatt really happened she had laugh attack for the next hour or so she said she didnt call my phone because she thought I was clearly a measer... For a month everytime I remember what happened I would call my self outstandingly idiotic...

Ok i love this thread! You guys have had me in tears laughing! Several years ago i was living in kent. I regularly drove back to devon to see my kids. On one occasion i stopped and topped up my oil just before joining the m25. A few miles later i noticed a bump in the road , then smoke under my bonnet. Id only forgotten to put the oil filler cap back on, run over it, then ignited the leaking oil! (Yes ladies even men can be mechanical fuckwits!) .....today, as i was leaving my partners house she asked me what i was searching for as i was patting my pockets. Only then did i realise the keys i was looking for were in my hand!

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

I'm always doing silly things...

Thought I must of put my bag down and had it stolen. Rang up Doctors which I knew was the last place I had it, got them to check everywhere. Rang Mr B to tell him and got a telling off for not being more careful. Got on cancelled my cards etc! Later on found my bag hanging on the back of our dining room chair. I had just forgot putting it there when I got in...

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Ha ha, an ex gf's mother asked me to help look for a contact lens. She had 2 in the same eye

Ha ha, an ex gf's mother asked me to help look for a contact lens. She had 2 in the same eye "

No wonder she couldn't see

By *ere-for-my-convenienceWoman  over a year ago

West Midlands

I actually failed my driving test drinking alcohol

A pineapple bacardi breezer no less

Never knew what bacardi was

Doh!!!!

"This was about 20 years ago / so blame it on my age at the time.

Went to a localish garage with my sister to get my car washed. Got out , put some money in the machine and ran jumpijg back into the drivers seat quick before I got wet. Waited for it to start ! My sis said - what you doing ? I think , is she daft ?- tell her I'm waiting for the car wash to start. She then explains to me - it's a jet wash and you have to do it yourself ! We still laugh about it now ! "

i just burst out laughing! I can imagine the look on both your faces!

"When I was pregnant I had a new fridge freezer delivered... i showed the guys through to where I roughly nwanted it to go - a slim room just off the kitchen. Fine. They left it there and off they went. It was only after they left and Id stopped faffing, that I realised I was the wrong side of it, now stuck, between the downstairs loo and an American fridge freezer. I was there for 5 hours before my neighbour heard me and had to break in to "free" me lol "
aww poor girl belated hug x

Some of these have had me laughing out loud! I feel like I'm pretty normal when I compare myself to you lot!!!

I'm sure I'll do something silly again in the future and it won't be letting so many bulbs burn out on my motor!

If it was both my headlights and both my rear lights, I would have noticed... I think!

crystal

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"The sign said pull so why did I attempt to push the door?"

I often do that. I think I have paranoid dyslexic from time to time.

why the words PULL and PUSH are so similar.

Both 4 letters and both starting with PU.

And why do they sometimes put pull handles on the push side and push plates on the pull side.

It's almost like the whole system is designed to confuse me.

ggggrrrrrrrrr. pop

By *ere-for-my-convenienceWoman  over a year ago

West Midlands

"I actually failed my driving test drinking alcohol

A pineapple bacardi breezer no less

Never knew what bacardi was

Doh!!!!

"

Do that all the time crying laughing

By *olly RogererMan  over a year ago

Braintree

Worst thing i ever did was my very first date with my ex girlfriend.

We had met the week before at the races and i wanted to see her the following saturday but it was her dads birthday and they were off to the pub for a meal. I said id turn up later and ha e a drink with her after.

Anyway as it happens they were late going to the pub so by the time i got there they hadnt even ordered. Mum and dad had a chat with me and invited me over for food.

We all had our meal then the waitress bought out the dessert menu

Cheesecake

Ice cream

Profriter roles

Mascaponi

Knickerbockerglory

Chocolate cake

Apple pie and custard

All of the above £2.50

So when the waitress asked me what i wanted i said "dead pan straight faced"

I will have all the above for £2.50 please!

Everyone bust out laughing, i didnt realise why until they explained that each was £2.50

We never did get married lol

By *oobsandballsMan  over a year ago

st andrews

I once walked into a small tree and then apologised to it.

It was very early

By *eaningofLifeCouple  over a year ago

York

"

OMG trying not to shriek with laughter at this one

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

Tried to ride off with my disc lock still on the rear disc, didn't get very far, but put a slight dent in the swingarm of the R6.

I got Married....TWICE

Gullible Gimp

This I can spend half an hour looking for something thats in my hand

i once had a broken bulb - and here was me thinking i was popular all these people flashing their lights at me -

This I can spend half an hour looking for something thats in my hand "

i do this and for my specs as well

I bought some little trinkets back up from London on Tuesday, got trashed, convinced myself id lost them, found them poorly wrapped up in rizla in my make up tin yesterday morning... I'd pulled the bed out and all sorts!

#trashedbutnottrashy

And of course, posting on a thread, using the couple's profile instead of my single's.

. Doh!

M

I am making a dress and sewn the hem the wrong way. I unpicked it all and redid it, only to do exactly the same thing.

In my defence it's a very full skirted dress with petticoats so quite confusing and I've a new sewing machine. All that's an excuse though.

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Went for a meal in a country pub with my wife. As we sit down and look at the menu she starts looking around her. Asked her what she is looking for and she points at a chalk board which says please leave room for dessert and replies "I was just wondering where you go for dessert and coffee"

I am the sensible one

That's pretty impressive!!! Did she use a funnel?!"

A pipette maybe ?

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Two things and both today:

I answered the remote control instead of the phone this morning;

I wore the wrong bra today and ended up falling out of it in yoga. It's a good job my t-shirt didn't end up over my head in shoulder stand.

got a tin of beans earlier - the tin opener and a saucepan -tried to open the pan not the tin

I stepped out of the flat today to let someone in the landing door and the flat door shut behind me. No key,no phone and wearing nothing but a small towel and small blanket I grabbed to cover my butt. Panic for a few seconds,then tried the handle and relief when the door opened

"I stepped out of the flat today to let someone in the landing door and the flat door shut behind me. No key,no phone and wearing nothing but a small towel and small blanket I grabbed to cover my butt. Panic for a few seconds,then tried the handle and relief when the door opened "

And the lesson is... always grab a large towel and large blanket.

"I stepped out of the flat today to let someone in the landing door and the flat door shut behind me. No key,no phone and wearing nothing but a small towel and small blanket I grabbed to cover my butt. Panic for a few seconds,then tried the handle and relief when the door opened "

If only I was passing by...

"I stepped out of the flat today to let someone in the landing door and the flat door shut behind me. No key,no phone and wearing nothing but a small towel and small blanket I grabbed to cover my butt. Panic for a few seconds,then tried the handle and relief when the door opened

"

and the set of keys

"I stepped out of the flat today to let someone in the landing door and the flat door shut behind me. No key,no phone and wearing nothing but a small towel and small blanket I grabbed to cover my butt. Panic for a few seconds,then tried the handle and relief when the door opened

"

Or just don't be an idiot and walk out of a flat and let the door close behind you.

and the set of keys "

First thing that flitted across my mind was I don't have a key!

If only I was passing by... "

You would have had a semi naked woman in your car until my daughter came home from work at 7pm

You would have had a semi naked woman in your car until my daughter came home from work at 7pm "

= 1 happy man and one chilly Nan.

You would have had a semi naked woman in your car until my daughter came home from work at 7pm "

One day I may so fortunate

You would have had a semi naked woman in your car until my daughter came home from work at 7pm

One day I may so fortunate "

Don't think my bladder would have held out that long

I was very silly yesterday.

I thought my car had been stolen. I was convinced the car I could see from my window was mine and then it was gone. I raced down the stairs yelling that my car had been stolen.

It was parked on the other side of the road. I was then convinced it had moved itself.

"I was very silly yesterday.

I thought my car had been stolen. I was convinced the car I could see from my window was mine and then it was gone. I raced down the stairs yelling that my car had been stolen.

It was parked on the other side of the road. I was then convinced it had moved itself. "

That's impressive! I thought my car's locks were jammed and I couldn't undo them with my keys. Must have been at least 5 minutes until I realised it wasn't my car!

crystal

"I was very silly yesterday.

It was parked on the other side of the road. I was then convinced it had moved itself.

That's impressive! I thought my car's locks were jammed and I couldn't undo them with my keys. Must have been at least 5 minutes until I realised it wasn't my car!

crystal"

It's a new car. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. It says it can park itself so why shouldn't it choose a better parking position?

I do keeping expecting the doors to just open for me but as it's not keyless I have to find the bloody things.

» Add a new message to this topic