FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > New car shortlist - pros and cons

New car shortlist - pros and cons

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *icketysplits OP   Woman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Regular readers will know I'm looking to buy a new car (I know the arguments against brand new but I still want one).

The ex and I went looking today to do the basic tests:

1. Can I reach to close the boot

2. Is the boot space big enough

3. Visibility

4. Can he get his 6'3" frame into the front and back.

I've narrowed it down to three, possibly four, but I haven't looked at the Vauxhall offer yet.

This is where you lot come in, which one and why? I know many of you know your stuff.

The choices are:

a) New Micra - my current car is a 10 year old Micra and has served me well for 10 years. Plus it's keyless.

b) Honda Jazz - I was really impressed with the visibility and space. The clever back seats and extra wide doors a real bonus for getting elderly and disabled people in and out of the car. It's not keyless.

c) Toyota Yaris - snazzy computer thingy to show you what's behind you and the top of the range can come keyless. 0% offer too.

I'm probably going petrol only 1.4l on each of these.

d) Ford Fiesta - better than I thought it would be but probably on the reserve list.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Have you looked at a Seat Ibiza? I'm really impressed with my Leon.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The fiesta is a great little car. A fair amount of power from that little 3-cylinder.

However. I worked for Honda for 4 years and the Jazz has always been a solid car. I'd go for that

Also you can't deny Honda's reliability either.

"The fiesta is a great little car. A fair amount of power from that little 3-cylinder.

However. I worked for Honda for 4 years and the Jazz has always been a solid car. I'd go for that "

Thanks. It did look solid. I'd never considered Honda before. We were just driving past and decided to drop in.

"Have you looked at a Seat Ibiza? I'm really impressed with my Leon."

No, we didn't look at Seat today. I thought we did well going to four dealerships in a couple of hours.

"The fiesta is a great little car. A fair amount of power from that little 3-cylinder.

However. I worked for Honda for 4 years and the Jazz has always been a solid car. I'd go for that

Thanks. It did look solid. I'd never considered Honda before. We were just driving past and decided to drop in.

"

Hondas can be expensive compared to the nearest competitors but they hold their value well.

that's a really good list. any of those should do you proud.

I'd go for the Honda for boring reasons of build quality and reliability.

By *iss_Samantha_LovecockTV/TS  over a year ago

bmth /poole sometimes blandford

ive had 3 Hondas (accords).theyve all been great .. very reliable and lovely to drive

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Seat

German parent company - well built solidly car

I have had a few over the years and never had any bother

Less plasticky than the other makes

By *lttattoocoupleCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Skoda facia 0% and servicing is free for 3 years.

Good size car and regardless of their old stigma are really reliable

I'm waiting for my brand new Peugeot 208 - have had Peugeots as my last 5 cars and I have always been very pleased with them. I currently have a 1.2litre and it's comfortable, roomy, economical and despite the engine size it goes like shit off a shovel

Worcester

Hondas can be expensive compared to the nearest competitors but they hold their value well.

"

7th year service on a jazz will cripple you if you go to dealer hehe

"Seat

Less plasticky than the other makes"

It hasn't had the "can I reach to close the boot?" test.

"Skoda facia 0% and servicing is free for 3 years.

Good size car and regardless of their old stigma are really reliable"

Another one that hasn't had the boot test.

"I'm waiting for my brand new Peugeot 208 - have had Peugeots as my last 5 cars and I have always been very pleased with them. I currently have a 1.2litre and it's comfortable, roomy, economical and despite the engine size it goes like shit off a shovel "

Ok, so now I need to look at Peugeot, Skoda, Seat and Vauxhall before I can make a shortlist.

This is too hard.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"Seat

"

There's a button for that

"

I'm 5'3 and can reach my hatchback really easily and the boot is spacious too (Peugeot 208)

7th year service on a jazz will cripple you if you go to dealer hehe "

I'm only planning to have it for 3 years. Plus, now that the EU has broken the stranglehold on dealerships ans servicing you keep the warranty if you service elsewhere as long as they use genuine, approved parts and stamp the book.

"Regular readers will know I'm looking to buy a new car (I know the arguments against brand new but I still want one).

3. Visibility

I've narrowed it down to three, possibly four, but I haven't looked at the Vauxhall offer yet.

This is where you lot come in, which one and why? I know many of you know your stuff.

The choices are:

a) New Micra - my current car is a 10 year old Micra and has served me well for 10 years. Plus it's keyless.

b) Honda Jazz - I was really impressed with the visibility and space. The clever back seats and extra wide doors a real bonus for getting elderly and disabled people in and out of the car. It's not keyless.

c) Toyota Yaris - snazzy computer thingy to show you what's behind you and the top of the range can come keyless. 0% offer too.

d) Ford Fiesta - better than I thought it would be but probably on the reserve list.

"

I recently asked my mechanic for a recommendation for a small run around car. He was very complimentary about the Hyundai's, and too my surprise I was very impressed on trying them out. Well worth considering given the value they offer.

I'm 5'3 and can reach my hatchback really easily and the boot is spacious too (Peugeot 208)"

You're a bloody giant! I'm 5' - that's it. With your extra three inches I would be able to get many more cars.

"Seat

There's a button for that

"

From your list of 3 I'd be leaning towards the Honda, Vauxhall are making some nice cars at the minute though. Tough choice for you.

Have you fried a Suzuki Swift? I had one for 3 years from new and it was a fantastic little car.

"From your list of 3 I'd be leaning towards the Honda, Vauxhall are making some nice cars at the minute though. Tough choice for you."

It's a very tough choice. Thanks for understanding that.

"Have you fried a Suzuki Swift? I had one for 3 years from new and it was a fantastic little car. "

I haven't friend any cars since my last Mini in 1998.

We didn't try Suzuki. I'm going to have to drag the ex out again when I get back from Lyme, unless you're free to show me around the dealerships in Devon?

"Have you fried a Suzuki Swift? I had one for 3 years from new and it was a fantastic little car.

We didn't try Suzuki. I'm going to have to drag the ex out again when I get back from Lyme, unless you're free to show me around the dealerships in Devon? "

I wish I had the time! You should go to Exeter. There is a trading estate there that has every major manufacturer!

"Have you fried a Suzuki Swift? I had one for 3 years from new and it was a fantastic little car.

We didn't try Suzuki. I'm going to have to drag the ex out again when I get back from Lyme, unless you're free to show me around the dealerships in Devon?

I wish I had the time! You should go to Exeter. There is a trading estate there that has every major manufacturer! "

I'll consider that.

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Hertford

"Regular readers will know I'm looking to buy a new car (I know the arguments against brand new but I still want one).

3. Visibility

The choices are:

"

. Have you just looked or have you taken a test drive in each one . A lot of the choices are just down to personal preference . The Fiesta is a great car and has more boot space than a Corsa . However if you are buying brand new you may find that the others depreciate less. However that may not matter if you are going to keep it a long time .

3. Visibility

The choices are:

. Have you just looked or have you taken a test drive in each one . A lot of the choices are just down to personal preference . The Fiesta is a great car and has more boot space than a Corsa . However if you are buying brand new you may find that the others depreciate less. However that may not matter if you are going to keep it a long time ."

No, I'm shortlisting for test drives at the moment.

I've always just picked a model and spec I like before and it's worked for me. This time the choices seem wider and I'm getting swayed by different things.

On a cost/spec ratio the Toyota wins and they're offering to put a big ribbon around it as it's my present to myself.

I might get a better discount from Nissan though as I am a loyal customer.

The Honda has the best fold down seats and visibility I have ever seen.

Go for the Jazz!

Brilliant little car and cast iron residuals. Check out the used prices

Hondas are fantastic cars

Worcester

7th year service on a jazz will cripple you if you go to dealer hehe

I'm only planning to have it for 3 years. Plus, now that the EU has broken the stranglehold on dealerships ans servicing you keep the warranty if you service elsewhere as long as they use genuine, approved parts and stamp the book.

"

Correct I was a service advisor for about a year dealing with Honda, skoda, citroen etc etc.

And yeah as long as genuine parts and they follow what they should then all will be sweet. Tbh skoda usually throw in free servicing. Always worth a haggle

"Also you can't deny Honda's reliability either. "

Reason I bought a civic after my pug fell to pieces.

He "magic seats" in the back and doors that open to 90 degrees are awesome

The new 2015 jazz looks a good improvement in terms of styling too

For the Love of all that is holy don't even consider a French car! It'll bring you nothing but untold misery and an empty purse!

From your list I'd go for the Jazz for outright reliability and the Fiesta for performance.

By *eaningofLifeCouple  over a year ago

York

Good size car and regardless of their old stigma are really reliable"

We have a skoda yeti greenline £20 for a years tax. Probably a bit bigger than you are wanting, but just wanted to back the skoda range up as its a cracking car. Good luck in your purchase

By *orkDefenderMan  over a year ago

Just East of Wakefield

Should be some good deals coming up soon on the Skoda Superb, as there's a new model on the way

A friend of mine has the estate, he's 6'4" & can sit comfortably (stretching legs) in the rear, even with the drivers seat in his position!

Forget the badge snobbery, simply a great car nowadays

(says the biased man, with an Octavia)

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

go on CARWOW to get offers when you finally narrow it down

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"For the Love of all that is holy don't even consider a French car! It'll bring you nothing but untold misery and an empty purse!

...."

You sound like Jeremy Clarkson.

"For the Love of all that is holy don't even consider a French car! It'll bring you nothing but untold misery and an empty purse!

You sound like Jeremy Clarkson."

It has been said on many occasions!

Having repaired many French cars I speak from experience though.

Having repaired many French cars I speak from experience though."

So that rules out looking at the Peugeot. Any others I should rule out, oh Mr master of all car-ness Who?

"go on CARWOW to get offers when you finally narrow it down

"

I'll have a look, thanks.

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

So that rules out looking at the Peugeot. Any others I should rule out, oh Mr master of all car-ness Who?"

I think the Peugeot has the highest depreciation of any new car which may be a consideration.

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

I should add I also agree that Hondas are very reliable. Mine was brilliant.

I still recommend looking at Seat though.

And personally I wouldn't consider a French car either.

So that rules out looking at the Peugeot. Any others I should rule out, oh Mr master of all car-ness Who?"

I won't be popular for saying this but I wouldn't touch any of the current VAG (Volkswagen Audi Group) cars with perhaps the exception of Seat. German reliability is a thing of the past.

So that rules out looking at the Peugeot. Any others I should rule out, oh Mr master of all car-ness Who?

I won't be popular for saying this but I wouldn't touch any of the current VAG (Volkswagen Audi Group) cars with perhaps the exception of Seat. German reliability is a thing of the past."

So avoid all VAG. It's a good job I'm straight then.

"I should add I also agree that Hondas are very reliable. Mine was brilliant.

I still recommend looking at Seat though.

And personally I wouldn't consider a French car either.

"

Okilly dokilly

I won't be popular for saying this but I wouldn't touch any of the current VAG (Volkswagen Audi Group) cars with perhaps the exception of Seat. German reliability is a thing of the past."

What no Porsche, Lamborghini, veyron ... On that bombshell

By *eaningofLifeCouple  over a year ago

York

"Should be some good deals coming up soon on the Skoda Superb, as there's a new model on the way

A friend of mine has the estate, he's 6'4" & can sit comfortably (stretching legs) in the rear, even with the drivers seat in his position!

Forget the badge snobbery, simply a great car nowadays

(says the biased man, with an Octavia)"

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

Skoda Fabia ........ dont laugh, have a look !

Hertford

From your list I'd go for the Jazz for outright reliability and the Fiesta for performance."

. Your comments about French cars are exactly what I think..Thought I might be biased but glad to that someone else confirms my opinion. I always buy second hand but a key deciding point is reliability and cist of repairs . I have a Ford Mondeo in England and a Ford Fiesta in Ireland . Both are great drivers cars and also very comfortable .

How about KIA?

7 year warranty!

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

A few of my mates have foreign cara and struggle to get any problems sorted...if you fancy going with a Ford, it'd be happy to try and get mates rates with the family firm for you so shout out if you fancy a look round my garage when you're next near to Arse End

I have a Toyota Yaris and it's been the most sturdy car I have ever had!

I have never had any problems with it! I got it in 2008. I Travel a lot and have 95000 on the clock and it still runs strong.

When I get a new car, I will always look first at Toyota!

My brother is 6ft7 and he fits in mine no problem! Front and back.

I got a Hyundai I20 from New in 2009 and its still as good as ever now. Lovely car. Not too small. Dead spacious in the back too. Which I have utilised on many occasions never been anything wrong with it apart from when I've drove into walls and the such like.

I'm currently driving a 4 year old Yaris that belongs to an elderly relative while my car is off the road and I can honestly say it is the worst car I have driven in a very long time. It really is hateful.

The only positive thing I have say about it is that it gives good fuel economy.

It has the fancy computer controlled 6 speed transmission that can be driven either as a traditional auto or sequentionally and has flappy paddles behind the wheel.

The gear shifts are extremely jerky.

Really don't like the centrally mounted instruments. As a driver, I want them where they should be - in front of me.

Awful, hateful car. Still, it gives me good incentive to get working on getting my 19 year old car back on the road

"Go for the Jazz!

Brilliant little car and cast iron residuals. Check out the used prices

Hondas are fantastic cars"

"I'm currently driving a 4 year old Yaris that belongs to an elderly relative while my car is off the road and I can honestly say it is the worst car I have driven in a very long time. It really is hateful.

It has the fancy computer controlled 6 speed transmission that can be driven either as a traditional auto or sequentionally and has flappy paddles behind the wheel.

Really don't like the centrally mounted instruments. As a driver, I want them where they should be - in front of me.

Awful, hateful car. Still, it gives me good incentive to get working on getting my 19 year old car back on the road"

i hired one once .drive down the road and then took it back and changed it ..after having been used to honda it was hideous experience

our last 2 cars have been skodas cant fault them

From your list I'd go for the Jazz for outright reliability and the Fiesta for performance."

my Peugeot van has been awesome 15 years old and just goes on and on ...even tho i put the wrong fuel in it still kept going

"I'm currently driving a 4 year old Yaris that belongs to an elderly relative while my car is off the road and I can honestly say it is the worst car I have driven in a very long time. It really is hateful.

Awful, hateful car. Still, it gives me good incentive to get working on getting my 19 year old car back on the road"

Thanks, on another of my seeking car advice threads flappy paddles was the thing to get.

"A few of my mates have foreign cara and struggle to get any problems sorted...if you fancy going with a Ford, it'd be happy to try and get mates rates with the family firm for you so shout out if you fancy a look round my garage when you're next near to Arse End "

I will have shot my load before then, but thank you. Near Arse End should be its first big trip.

By *inkxRabbitWoman  over a year ago

Wok-ish Horsell temporarily

I never thought I'd consider a Hyundai but the moment I sat in my i10 I was addicted. It's more fun than the mini I bought in 1986 and can be used for you know what. I once decanted the clobber from my car to my husband's Zafira. I was surprised to find that it filled his boot completely! Given the marked difference in size I was impressed. It's a great little car and, importantly for me, has a usb socket so I can plug my phone in and use it as my sat nav. I'd have another Hyundai in a flash.

By *appyguy17Man  over a year ago

walthamstow

If you go to test drive the Yaris.....also test drive the Auris !!

Still a small car but feels like a big car inside......i love mine x

Honda for me.

I've got two at the moment,owned another previously and also had a few bikes over the years.

Solid dependability.

By *andL-LiverpoolCouple  over a year ago

Huyton

Just my tuppence worth, look at the huyundi deffinetly, wonderful cars with great warranty, also look at the dacia range, great budget cars based on old Renault technology

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Although I don't drive one anymore Im another giving recommendation for the Suzuki Swift. I had one for 4 years from new and it was the most reliable car I had and although looks small it's huge inside.

The added bonus which obviously doesn't matter to you but it also fit in my garage so I never had to deal with any rainy, icy, snowy days just straight into the garage and off I go which is my biggest bug bear of my current vehicle as it wil not fit in!!

I hired one of these last year - one of the best I've driven. Sister has one, she loves it.

"I hired one of these last year - one of the best I've driven. Sister has one, she loves it."

Which one?

Seat Leon sorry

"Seat Leon sorry"

Thanks.

There's no such thing as a French car anymore, nor a German or Japanese or Italian. There's so much cross development and joint ventures and such a diffused supply chain no country 'makes' a car anymore. Suzuki (Japanese)use GM (American) engines as do Vauxhall (UK), Mitsubishi (Japanese) are built in Belgium, using Mercedes (German) engines as are Fords, except for the Ford (US) Ka which was built on Fiats (Italian) line in Poland, and that's before you get to all the sub assemblies that are bought in from GKN (UK) Siemens & Bosch (Germany)VDO & Schneider (France), then there's the sub sub assemblies from secondary and tertiary quaternary suppliers.

However having said that the fiesta and corsa are much of a muchness, the Jazz while solid is a grannies motor, so my advice would be check out a Fabia or a Panda, but if the rock solid Honda reputation appeals (and it is deserved) go for a civic...or an old NSX.

By *ason123ABCMan  over a year ago

Bromley

The problems with keyless is easy for car to be stolen but gear lock ect as I had mine stolen

Away from OPs post I know, but I just picked up my new A5 Sportback Black Edition. I'm in love.....

"The problems with keyless is easy for car to be stolen but gear lock ect as I had mine stolen

"

I've had keyless for ten years. I feel safer not going into my handbag. How is it easier to steal?

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

Can't comment on the others but drove a new fiesta as a hire car for three days recently and was glad to give it back...not so much built as chucked together.....avoid.

"The problems with keyless is easy for car to be stolen but gear lock ect as I had mine stolen

I've had keyless for ten years. I feel safer not going into my handbag. How is it easier to steal?"

There's been loads of articles on it.

They can programme a blank fob to fit your car with a hack devise, then they just drive it away as all your alarms/immobilisers are switched off with the fob!.

It takes about a minute to do apparently

"Can't comment on the others but drove a new fiesta as a hire car for three days recently and was glad to give it back...not so much built as chucked together.....avoid."

I won't bother with a test drive then.

I've had keyless for ten years. I feel safer not going into my handbag. How is it easier to steal?.

There's been loads of articles on it.

They can programme a blank fob to fit your car with a hack devise, then they just drive it away as all your alarms/immobilisers are switched off with the fob!.

It takes about a minute to do apparently "

It hasn't been my experience but then not many really want a 10 year old grey Micra.

I've had a quick look at the Corsa now, but without the benefit of a 6'3" man to test the space that way.

Pros: it's a really good price for quite a lot of car; I like it; it feels comfortable to sit in; the seat can be raised quite high and the steering wheel adjusted to a comfy position.

Cons: the deals aren't as good as for other models; I can only close the boot on tiptoes; it isn't keyless.

But I really like it.

Over to the Car Sages now.

Have you tried the Peugeots? I.m only 5'3 but no probs closing the hatchback

"Have you tried the Peugeots? I.m only 5'3 but no probs closing the hatchback "

You're a giant. If I had your 3 inches I wouldn't have a problem with any of the cars I have tried.

"I've had a quick look at the Corsa now, but without the benefit of a 6'3" man to test the space that way.

Pros: it's a really good price for quite a lot of car; I like it; it feels comfortable to sit in; the seat can be raised quite high and the steering wheel adjusted to a comfy position.

Cons: the deals aren't as good as for other models; I can only close the boot on tiptoes; it isn't keyless.

But I really like it.

"

Cons??, it's a fucking Vauxhall!

"I've had a quick look at the Corsa now, but without the benefit of a 6'3" man to test the space that way.

But I really like it.

Cons??, it's a fucking Vauxhall!"

But it looks lovely, especially in the emerald green.

That's not emerald that's rancid putrid vomit green.

So a green Vauxhall, it only needs to be a diesel to complete the trinity of shame.

"So a green Vauxhall, it only needs to be a diesel to complete the trinity of shame."

It won't be a diesel.

There's hope for you yet.

"There's hope for you yet."

Did I mention the seat goes up really high and the steering wheel is adjustable?

I got given a 1.0 corsa ecoflex as a courtesy car and it was dreadful. So sluggish and slow 18 seconds 0-60 time!

The 55mpg figure is bollocks because your foot is to the floor for it to go anywhere

Also had a 1.6 Astra SRI courtesy car.....again totally unimpressed £17,000 - £20,000 can't see how they justify it for such a shit car

As you can see I'm not a fan of vauxhalls from first hand experience

"I got given a 1.0 corsa ecoflex as a courtesy car and it was dreadful. So sluggish and slow 18 seconds 0-60 time!

The 55mpg figure is bollocks because your foot is to the floor for it to go anywhere

Also had a 1.6 Astra SRI courtesy car.....again totally unimpressed £17,000 - £20,000 can't see how they justify it for such a shit car

As you can see I'm not a fan of vauxhalls from first hand experience "

Thanks for that. Useful to have performance information.

I was looking at the Excite.

" and the steering wheel is adjustable? "

It turns to the left AND the right!?

Which engine size?

" and the steering wheel is adjustable?

It turns to the left AND the right!?"

Apparently. It also goes up and down for your height, comfort.

"Which engine size? "

Corsa excite, almost as much of a misnomer as Mitsubishi charisma.

"Which engine size?

1.4"

A lot better performance wise than the 1.0. Pretty much on par with fiestas etc.

Also insurance group 6 which won't be expensive

"Which engine size?

A lot better performance wise than the 1.0. Pretty much on par with fiestas etc.

Also insurance group 6 which won't be expensive "

It's a very affordable car.

I still say get a Honda

The seats do tricks and everything !!

"Which engine size?

"

Other side of that is when you come to sell it auto trader will be awash with them...plus it's a Vauxhall...in vomit green.

"I still say get a Honda

The seats do tricks and everything !! "

The seats are the selling point on the Honda (along with the reliability) but I am finding it hard to get excited about it. It looks a bit staid.

"Which engine size?

Other side of that is when you come to sell it auto trader will be awash with them...plus it's a Vauxhall...in vomit green."

I'll just be giving it back. That solves that problem.

Civic type S, all the fun of a type R but without the silly bills.

"Civic type S, all the fun of a type R but without the silly bills."

I'm too short for the Civic. Being able to see through the windows helps with this driving malarky.

By *oe bloggs69Man  over a year ago

fife

"I'm waiting for my brand new Peugeot 208 - have had Peugeots as my last 5 cars and I have always been very pleased with them. I currently have a 1.2litre and it's comfortable, roomy, economical and despite the engine size it goes like shit off a shovel

Ok, so now I need to look at Peugeot, Skoda, Seat and Vauxhall before I can make a shortlist.

This is too hard.

"

By *oe bloggs69Man  over a year ago

fife

I'm currently driving a mazda3 decent car,nippy,has all the electrics ull need but will be looking for something bigger next year,luckily there's still a reasonable of parking spaces in my town so looking for bigger motor,new mazda6 is stunning looking,there's just too much choice nowadays n most are same chassis,gearbox,engine etc..

no matter

My new car will have flappy paddles behind the steering wheel. As well as being automatic . recon I will need to pass a test just to learn to work all the gidgets. My first trip out will be Lickities party bit nervous if im honest Have you decided yet what you will choose ?

I've been biting my lip but I have to say it...

Have you considered an Alfa MiTo?

"I've been biting my lip but I have to say it...

Have you considered an Alfa MiTo?"

Won't anything with Alfa in the title be outside of my means. You know what work I do!

What do you think of the Corsa (avoiding swear words)?

3. Visibility

The choices are:

"

Nissan Note big enough for him lots of room and the back seats move forward for bigger boot or fold flat to take double mattresse. Have to bend it then let it flop down against doors of your going dogging lol

Will do 100 on motorway of pushed but reliable cheap car my dad has 56 plate and it has been going strong despite him thrashing the granny out of it since new

3. Visibility

The choices are:

Nissan Note big enough for him lots of room and the back seats move forward for bigger boot or fold flat to take double mattresse. Have to bend it then let it flop down against doors of your going dogging lol

Will do 100 on motorway of pushed but reliable cheap car my dad has 56 plate and it has been going strong despite him thrashing the granny out of it since new "

My tall friend liked the Note but I don't like the look of it.

I'm going to be 50 but it looks too grown up for me.

"that's a really good list. any of those should do you proud.

I'd go for the Honda for boring reasons of build quality and reliability.

"

[Removed by poster at 06/03/15 21:53:35]

Won't anything with Alfa in the title be outside of my means. You know what work I do!

What do you think of the Corsa (avoiding swear words)?"

They share the same chassis but the Alfa engine squeezes a bit more oomph, there must be a Chevy variant too.

(and I managed not to flipping swear).

Kia have some nice models and definitely improved over the years. We wouldn't touch them a few years ago but i have a Rio Sports 1.5 £30 road tax great fuel economy perfect car will remain with Kia for now x

What do you think of the Corsa (avoiding swear words)?"

You'd be surprised with regards to the Alfa, there's some great deals out there at the moment.

The Corsa is a fine little motor, the trouble is they're a bit like a clitoris - every c*nts got one!

They share the same chassis but the Alfa engine squeezes a bit more oomph, there must be a Chevy variant too.

(and I managed not to flipping swear)."

They share the same floorplan (Fiat 500) the suspension is radically different. The Multiair engines are fantastic. Loads of power, great economy and low tax.

Hertford

"I got given a 1.0 corsa ecoflex as a courtesy car and it was dreadful. So sluggish and slow 18 seconds 0-60 time!

As you can see I'm not a fan of vauxhalls from first hand experience "

. I have driven Corsas on a few occasions as a hire car and found them comfortable and pleasant to drive. Acceleration is not crucial to everyone .

By *andp01Couple  over a year ago

here n there

3. Visibility

The choices are:

"

Thought this was a thread about cars not shopping trollies

no matter

what about the citroen ds for a fun car colourful etc

You'd be surprised with regards to the Alfa, there's some great deals out there at the moment.

The Corsa is a fine little motor, the trouble is they're a bit like a clitoris - every c*nts got one!"

Not the new one - yet! Every car I have looked at seems to be ubiquitous. It does make me long for my old Morris Minor at times.

I've just bought a new car, I'm skint now!!!

"I've just bought a new car, I'm skint now!!! "

There is that consideration too.

Are you happy with your purchase?

"I've just bought a new car, I'm skint now!!!

Are you happy with your purchase?"

Loving my new car! Smile on face every time I drive it

Are you happy with your purchase?"

I'll be much happier when I get to sit in it, I'm in that twighlight zone between payment and delivery right now!

I'll be much happier when I get to sit in it, I'm in that twighlight zone between payment and delivery right now! "

I hate that bit.

Loving my new car! Smile on face every time I drive it "

That's the feeling. Enjoy.

I have my new car but could someone read the manual for me please? It's got lights and symbols I don't understand.

Well come on then what did you get??

"Well come on then what did you get??"

The one you told me not to get.

Now I need to understand it.

Loving my new car! Smile on face every time I drive it

That's the feeling. Enjoy."

I am doing!

no matter

ooo what you get and what colour ? I am so puzzled with mine ,keep sitting in it with the book. I have an appointment on the 9th May in bedford to go through stuff.

Its very pretty tho

I have the note and hate it's lack of style

Just ordered a new flat 500l though

"ooo what you get and what colour ? I am so puzzled with mine ,keep sitting in it with the book. I have an appointment on the 9th May in bedford to go through stuff.

Its very pretty tho "

Got an Audi A5 Sportback black edition

I want a new car.

My Fiat punto 3 dr sports....... is shit

I have bought a lottery ticket.

Keyless technology has a security vulnerability, so I'd avoid anything with this feature at present...unless you like guessing if your car will be left where you parked it.

Sadly another good innovation from the motor-industry that hasn't been fully thought through enough...yet.

"Keyless technology has a security vulnerability, so I'd avoid anything with this feature at present...unless you like guessing if your car will be left where you parked it.

Sadly another good innovation from the motor-industry that hasn't been fully thought through enough...yet. "

I had a keyless car for 10 years until today. Never a problem and the car was always where I left it.

The new one uses a key. I keep forgetting and going up to the door and expecting it to open.

"ooo what you get and what colour ? I am so puzzled with mine ,keep sitting in it with the book. I have an appointment on the 9th May in bedford to go through stuff.

Its very pretty tho "

If you can turn up to the party with all the knowledge I would be very grateful.

I haven't tried the auto parking feature yet. I can't work out how to get my phone to work with it properly but I am enjoying the rear camera for parking.

And it's pretty.

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

"Keyless technology has a security vulnerability, so I'd avoid anything with this feature at present...unless you like guessing if your car will be left where you parked it.

Sadly another good innovation from the motor-industry that hasn't been fully thought through enough...yet. "

I'm on my third keyless car and never yet found it anywhere other than where I left it. It's a great security feature particularly for women I feel as you can just get straight in and lock it without messing about looking for keys at the bottom of your handbag!!

Lickety - what did you get?

By *homasP80Man  over a year ago

Linwood

Been tempted with:

Vauxhall - Insignia (diesel). Either a 1.8 or 2.0L engines.

Amazing MPG, little road tax.

Good leg room and boot space (enough for crutches/walking aids or wheelchair) as one of my parents struggling to get around.

» Add a new message to this topic