FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > DOOMSDAY

DOOMSDAY

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uton_couple OP   Couple  over a year ago

luton

i was watching a documentary the other nite about sewage , it seems most countries pump about %80 straight into either the seas , or directly into rivers RAW !

this includes all sorts of industrial waste and all the shoyt WE put in the sink like bleach , hair dye chemicals etc etc

this has resulted in many river estuarys becoming "dead zones" choked with "sandbanks" of poisonous filth , even the middle of the pacific has alarming levels of heavy metals etc in the water

its a toss up between the chemicals killing the fish , or the fishermen making them extinct by over fishing

the "sludge" remainder is spread on farmland to enrich and feed the crops , the only problem being the land is now being contaminated with copper zinc , and all other types of nastys , including panty liners and condoms

france tips household rubbish directly between the rows of grapevines , and if you scuff up the soil in a picturesque vinyard you now turn up old duracell batteries and tin cans

there are places in the north and south poles where the ice is covered in a black film of atmospheric fall out , just like the snow by the side of a busy road in london 3 days after it has snowed

this means the ice is melting a lot faster than it was due to global warming

as we all know the rain forest is being cut down as fast as it ever was ( if not faster ) to turn it into pasture for beef etc , and that means the grass needs dressing each year with fertiliser derived from fosil fuel ( oil) and we all know that is running out

in the UK the landfill sites are almost full , im not sure if they still do it but i remember barges going down the thames to dump rubbish directly into the sea

there are probably other god awfull things ive missed out

what have the governments of the world done about it ?

they have allowed adverts on the telly suggesting we should adopt a polar bear , or gorilla

or mayby drive 5 miles a week less

we can now get low energy light bulbs or little gadgets that put the computer to sleep if were not using it

somehow i dont think thats going to be enough

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Won't somebody think of the children!!!

By *ixson-BallsMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

we're dooooomed ...as pvt fraser often cited

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

"i was watching a documentary the other nite about sewage , it seems most countries pump about %80 straight into either the seas , or directly into rivers RAW !

this includes all sorts of industrial waste and all the shoyt WE put in the sink like bleach , hair dye chemicals etc etc

this has resulted in many river estuarys becoming "dead zones" choked with "sandbanks" of poisonous filth , even the middle of the pacific has alarming levels of heavy metals etc in the water

its a toss up between the chemicals killing the fish , or the fishermen making them extinct by over fishing

the "sludge" remainder is spread on farmland to enrich and feed the crops , the only problem being the land is now being contaminated with copper zinc , and all other types of nastys , including panty liners and condoms

france tips household rubbish directly between the rows of grapevines , and if you scuff up the soil in a picturesque vinyard you now turn up old duracell batteries and tin cans

there are places in the north and south poles where the ice is covered in a black film of atmospheric fall out , just like the snow by the side of a busy road in london 3 days after it has snowed

as we all know the rain forest is being cut down as fast as it ever was ( if not faster ) to turn it into pasture for beef etc , and that means the grass needs dressing each year with fertiliser derived from fosil fuel ( oil) and we all know that is running out

in the UK the landfill sites are almost full , im not sure if they still do it but i remember barges going down the thames to dump rubbish directly into the sea

they have allowed adverts on the telly suggesting we should adopt a polar bear , or gorilla

we can now get low energy light bulbs or little gadgets that put the computer to sleep if were not using it

somehow i dont think thats going to be enough "

Have you ever considered exaggerating and see if that makes any difference?

By *uton_couple OP   Couple  over a year ago

luton

"i was watching a documentary the other nite about sewage , it seems most countries pump about %80 straight into either the seas , or directly into rivers RAW !

Have you ever considered exaggerating and see if that makes any difference?"

is that your way of burying your head in the sand ?

dont worry its all an exageration , mummy will make sure your ok xxx

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

If i started to think about stuff like this the only thing id be dead from would be worry

By *yber pimpMan  over a year ago

durham area

looking on the bright side. at least i dont live in luton

Edinburgh

Have you ever considered exaggerating and see if that makes any difference?

is that your way of burying your head in the sand ?

dont worry its all an exageration , mummy will make sure your ok xxx"

Don't fret.

A far more likely scenario would be something like Israel unleashing a couple of nukes at Iran, who then retaliate thus kicking off a brief nuclear conflict which has been best described as two men standing in a swimming pool of petrol - one holding 7 matches, the other holding 5 matches.

Long before any of our children ever have to explain to their children what a polar bear "was" - they will all be incinerated and turned to dust in a nanosecond.

They will die from "global warming", just not the one you're thinking of.

C'Est La Vie.

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

see earlier post

By *lassic1Man  over a year ago

bellshill

"looking on the bright side. at least i dont live in luton "

Was at Luton Airport a couple of years ago and saw a guy with a poster "Luton Sunami appeal"...I offered some cash but he says NO ... we just want a sunami ...

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

somehow i dont think thats going to be enough "

Jeez.... do you work for Dignitas, trying to drum up some trade?

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

I dunno......... I've watched all those disaster movies.

Someone always saves the day. It'll be fine!!!

As long as its Blade that rescues me, or maybe Vin Diesel everything will be just fine!!!

*tongue firmly in cheek*

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Won't somebody think of the children!!!"

Yeah pump them into the middle of the Pacific as well

The current Holyrood administration has set a to reduce Scotland's carbon emissions by 80 per cent by 2050.

They've already all but agreed it isn't going to happen but have set aside c£27 million from 2008-2011 for projects to cut their carbon emissions at a local level.

One Glasgow project has just received over £100,000 to build a garden in a back court. That'll go a long way to help.

They don't dump raw sewage into the sea anymore, much to an elderly relative's disappointment as OAPs travelled on the boat for free and got a wee cuppa tea too as well as a day out. Aw, bless.

Edinburgh

"They don't dump raw sewage into the sea anymore, much to an elderly relative's disappointment as OAPs travelled on the boat for free and got a wee cuppa tea too as well as a day out. Aw, bless. "

The Gardyloo!!

As in HMS Gardyloo?

The Earth will survive, just not with man in it. Nature always finds a way to deal with it's problems and we're one of them I guess. Won't be in my lifetime though, nor my children's, nor theirs, and by the time the fourth generation come along I'd have hoped they'd have cottoned on by then and done something about it.

Edinburgh

"As in HMS Gardyloo?

"

The one and only.

A grand day out (so they tell me), go on a wee cruise and have a cup of tea as your jobbies are "wheeched" into the North Sea!!

Ah, halcyon days.

Edinburgh

"The Earth will survive, just not with man in it. Nature always finds a way to deal with it's problems and we're one of them I guess. Won't be in my lifetime though, nor my children's, nor theirs, and by the time the fourth generation come along I'd have hoped they'd have cottoned on by then and done something about it. "

*BOOM*

"SHIT"

Edinburgh

Too late.

You are now dust.

The real beauty of it all is that if the world does blow itself up we'll know a thing about it as it will be instantaneous and we won't feel a thing as we submerge into total and complete oblivion.

edit * won't know a thing about it.

By *yber pimpMan  over a year ago

durham area

OMG i still have 23 days left on my subscription. can i get a refund ?????

» Add a new message to this topic