FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Directory Enquiry Services

Directory Enquiry Services

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How often do you use such services?

I have only used it once, when I was at a campsite with no mobile broadband coverage, and I needed to find the location of a place of interest.

When I have internet connection, I use Yell which costs nothing!

Just wondering how these companies survive when their charges are so high, and there are so many of them about!

Ooo, nowadays, I look up places of interests, local supermarkets, vets, etc. etc. before I go camping, and would choose campsites with WiFi in case there is no mobile broadband coverage.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I haven't used Directory Enquiries since Yahoo came on the scene back in 95. I begrudge using it now as it charges 40p to use a service that provides you with... a telephone number, that you will use to make money for the telephony provider! Bit of a double-whammy, don't you think?

"I haven't used Directory Enquiries since Yahoo came on the scene back in 95. I begrudge using it now as it charges 40p to use a service that provides you with... a telephone number, that you will use to make money for the telephony provider! Bit of a double-whammy, don't you think? "

If only it was as cheap as 40p

"I haven't used Directory Enquiries since Yahoo came on the scene back in 95. I begrudge using it now as it charges 40p to use a service that provides you with... a telephone number, that you will use to make money for the telephony provider! Bit of a double-whammy, don't you think?

If only it was as cheap as 40p "

Just goes to show how long it's been since I last used it then eh?

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

I've never used it. I browse the internet on my phone if I ever need it.

» Add a new message to this topic