FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How to report possible fake accounts...

How to report possible fake accounts...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ionysus_st3 OP   Man  over a year ago

Stoke-on-trent

I've been sending some messages to people in my area who share the same interests. These people ask for face photos, or no reply. Also, not to sound arrogant, but I'm an ok catch with both photo & real verifications. So why is it a lot of my messages are deleted before they've even been read when I'm the type of person they want to meet??? I mean, what's the point? Which leads me to think that some accounts are fakes, which is a shame. And just wanted to know how I report possible fake accounts. Thanks.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Lots of info in the forums about messages take a look.

Mutual love of Greek gods here?

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

Open the profile and there is a link on the left hand side (as you look at the screen) at the bottom of the blue bar which says "report user".

But, you can't tell if a message has been read or not before it is deleted, so you don't really know if they just didn't think you were an "ok catch" after all! You might just not be what they are after!

It is easy to say a profile is fake just because they reject you, but is it really a fake profile or someone with their own preference?

As always, just my opinion!

"I've been sending some messages to people in my area who share the same interests. These people ask for face photos, or no reply. Also, not to sound arrogant, but I'm an ok catch with both photo & real verifications.

So why is it a lot of my messages are deleted before they've even been read when I'm the type of person they want to meet??? I mean, what's the point?

Which leads me to think that some accounts are fakes, which is a shame. And just wanted to know how I report possible fake accounts. Thanks."

Whoaaaaaa !

Spend your time meeting people.

Jesus ....where DO you get off on this?

If someone doesn't answer they get reported ??

Fuck me what next.

There are a zillion reasons why they might not reply. Spend less time on them and more on securing meets.

I mean this is the best possible way but so many people here seem to take things personally. They don't KNOW you they are NOT your bezzy mate.

x Gran x

People are always saying they send messages and they are deleted without even being read, how do they know nobody read them, it can take me 3-4 seconds to read most of the mail we get then delete it.

Just because someone deletes it I don't think it is wise to assume they haven't even read it.

Please look in the FAQ section, link can be found right at the bottom of the page, about non-reply to messages.

People are not obliged to reply to messages, and no reply does not mean they are fakes!

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

Well i would say given the tone of the post if you send out messages along the same lines then that is why your getting nothing back.

maybe take some time to just look how you come across to people and maybe you might get better results in the future.

Steve

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

[Removed by poster at 15/08/10 16:05:48]

brecon

"I've been sending some messages to people in my area who share the same interests. These people ask for face photos, or no reply. Also, not to sound arrogant, but I'm an ok catch with both photo & real verifications."

Ooooo... get him!! YOU think you are a catch, THEY may not!

"So why is it a lot of my messages are deleted before they've even been read when I'm the type of person they want to meet???"

Maybe they check out profiles before reading messages, we do, if they (or we) dont fit, we delete, simples.

"I mean, what's the point?"

So, you decide to have a whine? Not gonna help much methinks!

"Which leads me to think that some accounts are fakes, which is a shame. And just wanted to know how I report possible fake accounts."

Soooo.... to sum up, they are fakes because they have the nerve not to reply? Get real!

"Thanks."

Your welcome.

I think its funny,so now people are fake if they dont reply to an email? Nothing to do with they dont want to meet you because you are an ok catch?

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

lol there must be lots of fake accounts around then as lots of people delete mails from people they don't fancy or match with.

I take it your post is tongue in cheek?

So hang on a bit .....

Because someone doesn't reply to your message, it's a fake account ?

Fuck me gently now I've heard it all.

Ooops sorry, I forgot that you're a good catch and we should all feel compelled to respond or suffer the consequences.

Get real !!!

Rugby and Red Hot, you too make me laugh and made my day, thank you!

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"I've been sending some messages to people in my area who share the same interests. These people ask for face photos, or no reply. Also, not to sound arrogant, but I'm an ok catch with both photo & real verifications.

So why is it a lot of my messages are deleted before they've even been read when I'm the type of person they want to meet??? I mean, what's the point?

Which leads me to think that some accounts are fakes, which is a shame. And just wanted to know how I report possible fake accounts. Thanks."

Having read this I had a peep at your profile... I think your photos represent you very well.

And thanks - I have a cold at the moment and was feeling a little down until I read your post.... now I can't stop laughing and I'm worried I'll be blowing snot bubbles out my nose if I don't stop soon.

It does make you wonder what goes through some people's minds when they register on sites like this!

By *yber pimpMan  over a year ago

durham area

i sent a message to myself, deleted without reading it

IM A FAKE !!!!!!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

lol @ snot bubbles

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"It does make you wonder what goes through some people's minds when they register on sites like this! "

I dunno.... but I have a pretty good idea about whats going through their hand.

"It does make you wonder what goes through some people's minds when they register on sites like this!

I dunno.... but I have a pretty good idea about whats going through their hand."

For sure!!

Have you ever just thought the people your messaging might just not find you attractive?

Which leads me to think that some accounts are fakes, which is a shame. And just wanted to know how I report possible fake accounts. Thanks.

Have you ever just thought the people your messaging might just not find you attractive? "

Oh stop being silly!! What part of good catch didn't you get?!!

The OP is right that there are fake accounts on here but just because the genuine ones don't reply doesn't mean they are a fake.

However, many of the fake profiles are easy to suss out anyway so just don't message any ones that are dubious.

S.

Stoke-on-trent

First of all, thanks to everyone who helped on how to report fake accounts. You've been a big help.

jesus i dread to think how many times iv been reported as fake cause i dont reply to every trashy mail i get!!

oh and here a wee clue why people wont answer..... its all cock shots, one is bareback, your piercing may put people off (i think its nice) your age and your profile doesnt exactly detail what you looking for or what you have to offer!

apart from that happy swinging!! x

Which leads me to think that some accounts are fakes, which is a shame. And just wanted to know how I report possible fake accounts. Thanks.

Have you ever just thought the people your messaging might just not find you attractive?

Oh stop being silly!! What part of good catch didn't you get?!! "

one persons good catch is another persons throw backer

Stoke-on-trent

To all those who've pretty much had a go at me or mocked me, when you post it says: 'Don't badmouth other members'. So it shows how even more people are abusing the site, which is a shame because I think it's a great site. There are some good people on here. There are 3 things I dislike: 1, I don't like mean people who just want anargument. 2, I dont like the fact that some people make fake accounts to boost verifications. 3, For the people who are supposedy genuine, I think it's pointless to come on a site for sex -& not be interested in sex, making friends or even taking the time to reply to someone interested, to just say, 'thanks, but no thanks'.

This thread is quality, no offence to the OP, good catch or not, think the admin on the site has enough to do than go checking reports of someone deleting you’re messages, although having a profile full of cock pics, and a bareback one added for good measures, is gonna put some people off, even if you attach a face picture to a message, god, they might even wonder why a straight male has so many bisexual and gay male friends, hell they might even think your profile is a bit deceiving and fake.

"To all those who've pretty much had a go at me or mocked me, when you post it says: 'Don't badmouth other members'. So it shows how even more people are abusing the site, which is a shame because I think it's a great site. There are some good people on here. There are 3 things I dislike: 1, I don't like mean people who just want anargument. 2, I dont like the fact that some people make fake accounts to boost verifications. 3, For the people who are supposedy genuine, I think it's pointless to come on a site for sex -& not be interested in sex, making friends or even taking the time to reply to someone interested, to just say, 'thanks, but no thanks'."

Awww don't be like that, no one is mocking you, it's just a warped sense of humour some folk have and being from ooop north as I am, you recognise that. Hey have fun and don't take life too seriously.

"To all those who've pretty much had a go at me or mocked me, when you post it says: 'Don't badmouth other members'. So it shows how even more people are abusing the site, which is a shame because I think it's a great site. There are some good people on here. There are 3 things I dislike: 1, I don't like mean people who just want anargument. 2, I dont like the fact that some people make fake accounts to boost verifications. 3, For the people who are supposedy genuine, I think it's pointless to come on a site for sex -& not be interested in sex, making friends or even taking the time to reply to someone interested, to just say, 'thanks, but no thanks'."

1) Put up with them, theyt are a fact of life

2) People can't make fake accounts to boost veris - it physically is not possible on this site

3) This is not a sex site, it is a swingers site, a community where not every single thing is juat about sex

and

Best of one of all this one is ...

4) Get over yourself !

People are entitled to say their opinion on your post,it is an open forum means anyone can comment!

No one has bad mouthed you,most of the people have said the same how can you say people are fakes just because they dont reply to your email? Maybe they just dont want to meet you!

You need to realise just because this is a sex site and just because you email someone does not mean they have to shag you.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I have read it again to see if what you say is true and although I will go and check again, I don't see any bad mouthing. I see teasing or taking the piss that you might think that people must be fake if they don't reply to your mails, but that isn't the same thing at all.

I take it I was wrong and your post wasn't tongue in cheek.

If you want to report someone you can do it from the profile, the blue men bar to the left is where the REPORT button is.........but you might be very busy if you report everyone that doesn't reply to you.

I am going to paste from the FAQ that you will find at the bottom of the page.

http://www.fabswingers.com/articles/FAQ

There are too many rude people on here who don't reply to my messages!

It's not rude not to reply.

Some ladies and couples get hundreds of messages a day so it simply isn't possible for them to reply to everyone. If you don't get a response, you can safely assume they aren't interested. If you're getting a lot of "no-replies" then you should consider your profile and the messages you send. Are they giving the right message? Are you standing out from the thousands of other guys on here?

they cud have read them and then deleted message i do. No law that says you have to reply xx

brecon

"Dont badmouth other members".....

This from a guy who wants to report people as fakers just cos they will not reply to his messages.....

Hmmmmm..... pot, kettle, black... anyone?

Stoke-on-trent

No one's profile can ever do them justice. A few words & a few pics don't accurately represent the person behind the profile. No one wold read a profile that accurately represent someone as it would be a 100,000 word essay. Of course, if a woman says, 'no single men' -that's self explanatory. But if they're appealing to all men, or don't write anything at all, why the bad manners in not even saying 'hi'? unless of course, they're fakes!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

http://www.fabswingers.com/articles/FAQ

There are too many rude people on here who don't reply to my messages!

It's not rude not to reply.

Some ladies and couples get hundreds of messages a day so it simply isn't possible for them to reply to everyone. If you don't get a response, you can safely assume they aren't interested. If you're getting a lot of "no-replies" then you should consider your profile and the messages you send. Are they giving the right message? Are you standing out from the thousands of other guys on here?

"No one's profile can ever do them justice. A few words & a few pics don't accurately represent the person behind the profile. No one wold read a profile that accurately represent someone as it would be a 100,000 word essay. Of course, if a woman says, 'no single men' -that's self explanatory. But if they're appealing to all men, or don't write anything at all, why the bad manners in not even saying 'hi'? unless of course, they're fakes! "

You just don't get it do ya ??

It isn't bad manners not to reply to a message, it's personal choice in much the same way as you have the choice to accept / decline to reply to a message

Just what is your problem .... ?

Stoke-on-trent

Right, I can see that most of you just want to stir the fecal matter. All I wanted was some help so I could make the site better for everyone. No matter what I say, no matter what I put on my profile it seems a lot of people are going to find a problem with it, or scrutinize every word & picture, or try their hardest not to be friendly. So allow me to surrender to all the fakes & abusers. You win.

I get lots mail ,,,, with horny letters asking me to go into chat rooms see them on cam ....... and next day profile has gone of the site had this 6 times ,,

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

"No one's profile can ever do them justice. A few words & a few pics don't accurately represent the person behind the profile. No one wold read a profile that accurately represent someone as it would be a 100,000 word essay. Of course, if a woman says, 'no single men' -that's self explanatory. But if they're appealing to all men, or don't write anything at all, why the bad manners in not even saying 'hi'? unless of course, they're fakes! "

Well your well of the mark and a half. You don't need 100,000 words or the like you just need to know how to stand out from the crowd. I am at a loss though how you class not replying as bad manners. Do you talk to everyone you pas in the street? When you go in to a shop and the roaming assistants start their patter do you go into full verse with them?

Your problem with not getting a response is far closer to home. now you can take it on bored and what many others have said and improve your chances or not. The big key is politeness and originality. If you crack that you really don't have a problem here.

"Right, I can see that most of you just want to stir the fecal matter. All I wanted was some help so I could make the site better for everyone. No matter what I say, no matter what I put on my profile it seems a lot of people are going to find a problem with it, or scrutinize every word & picture, or try their hardest not to be friendly. So allow me to surrender to all the fakes & abusers. You win."

none of us are stirring we are just telling you it is not RUDE not to REPLY to anyone's message. If I replied to everyone I get one liners I would be on comp more than in work. Live with not having a reply dont worry about it, chill out, you may even get some replies then

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"First of all, thanks to everyone who helped on how to report fake accounts. You've been a big help."

That was me and to those people you have now reported for not replying to your message or saying "hi" back I do apologise!

I still stand by my comments that followed on from me being "a big help" which were -

"But, you can't tell if a message has been read or not before it is deleted, so you don't really know if they just didn't think you were an "ok catch" after all! You might just not be what they are after!

It is easy to say a profile is fake just because they reject you, but is it really a fake profile or someone with their own preference?"

Not taking the P, just stating facts and no offence meant!

"Right, I can see that most of you just want to stir the fecal matter. All I wanted was some help so I could make the site better for everyone. No matter what I say, no matter what I put on my profile it seems a lot of people are going to find a problem with it, or scrutinize every word & picture, or try their hardest not to be friendly. So allow me to surrender to all the fakes & abusers. You win."

Oh Jeez the messiah he has arrived ! A 4 week wonder arrives and wants to make the site better for us all ...

If only we'd realised your intentions, and here we are thinking you'd just put this thread up as a bit of a moan.

But to say that WE are stirring the 'fecal matter' ??? Just remind us all of who started this thread, my memory is a bit blurred

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

Look at it from another point of view. All profiles have a report button on it. You press it and fill in details. Yet you popped on ere asking how you report all the people who don't respond to you as fakes.

Now the women on the forums get tons of mail. They haven't the time to respond to lots so they delete mail without reply. Your basically saying they are fakes for not replying and need reporting. Now if you were in their shoes how would you feel?

I have looked at your profile and i will be honest it doesn't stand out so maybe just maybe you have been given some good advice.

Help is like medicine, it doesn't always taste nice but it often works.

[Removed by poster at 15/08/10 20:14:10]

"Right, I can see that most of you just want to stir the fecal matter. All I wanted was some help so I could make the site better for everyone. No matter what I say, no matter what I put on my profile it seems a lot of people are going to find a problem with it, or scrutinize every word & picture, or try their hardest not to be friendly. So allow me to surrender to all the fakes & abusers. You win.

Oh Jeez the messiah he has arrived ! A 4 week wonder arrives and wants to make the site better for us all ...

If only we'd realised your intentions, and here we are thinking you'd just put this thread up as a bit of a moan.

But to say that WE are stirring the 'fecal matter' ??? Just remind us all of who started this thread, my memory is a bit blurred "

He did

brecon

Jeez, someone unplug my keyboard, I just cant stop myself..... here we go again!!!

"I can see that most of you just want to stir the fecal matter."

Says the guy who wanted to report people for not responding to his messages.

"All I wanted was some help so I could make the site better for everyone."

By everyone, you mean you, right?

"No matter what I say, no matter what I put on my profile it seems a lot of people are going to find a problem with it,"

Another poster hit the nail on the head when they, very cleverly drew a similarity between your profile pics and you.

"...or try their hardest not to be friendly."

Ok, remind me, who was it who wanted to start a shit-storm against people who will not answer his messages?

"So allow me to surrender to all the fakes & abusers. You win."

So, to recap.... all those that oppose your point of view are fakes now too?

I think the next thing you should post is on Ebay...

" For sale, one shovel, well used, any offers considered ".

maybe the verification has given him a false sense of likely volume of meets and timelines. hurry, hurry before he is booked up.

be patient

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

Congratulations You've only been here 4 weeks yet have gained the ability to recognise fake accounts we've been registered a lot longer, yet couldn't spot a fake account if it slapped us on the arse!

"Congratulations You've only been here 4 weeks yet have gained the ability to recognise fake accounts we've been registered a lot longer, yet couldn't spot a fake account if it slapped us on the arse! "

and called you mandy???x

i currently have 98 unread mails in my inbox.. why cause a quick glance at their profile and they either miles away, non verified except by cam, dont meet smokers, under/over age range or i just dont like the look them!

if that makes me fake well im now a size 10 nymphomaniac from barnsley called vikkie with bi sexual tendencies! x

Hi Vikkie xxxxxx free tonight ?

"Hi Vikkie xxxxxx free tonight ?"

sure granny!! lets give each other verifications and somethin else to pass the time!! now you want me in leather or lace and ping pong balls or tennis balls??? x

"Hi Vikkie xxxxxx free tonight ?

sure granny!! lets give each other verifications and somethin else to pass the time!! now you want me in leather or lace and ping pong balls or tennis balls??? x "

Just in ya skin Vikkie ...... dab of sommat naturally aromatic behind each ear ...

brecon

"Hi Vikkie xxxxxx free tonight ?

sure granny!! lets give each other verifications and somethin else to pass the time!! now you want me in leather or lace and ping pong balls or tennis balls??? x

Just in ya skin Vikkie ...... dab of sommat naturally aromatic behind each ear ... "

Fish paste?

oooooooooo Brecon..... I was there during last week ..... well .... up a mountain somewhere ... Cave place with dinosaurs in.

No not fish paste....... ewwwwwwwwwww

Bit of carbolic or axle grease will do.

brecon

"oooooooooo Brecon..... I was there during last week ..... well .... up a mountain somewhere ... Cave place with dinosaurs in.

Bit of carbolic or axle grease will do. "

Dan yr Ogof showcaves.

Axle grease, you a relative of Dinah then?

"oooooooooo Brecon..... I was there during last week ..... well .... up a mountain somewhere ... Cave place with dinosaurs in.

Bit of carbolic or axle grease will do.

Dan yr Ogof showcaves.

Axle grease, you a relative of Dinah then?"

Hmmmmmmmm there might be a hard c***t in here dear but it's not mine

» Add a new message to this topic