FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Frankly, was Frank correct to be so frank?

Frankly, was Frank correct to be so frank?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ushroom7 OP   Man  over a year ago

Bradford

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-10929173

Frank Field, Labour MP for Birkenhead, fears many children are being dragged down by what he calls "toerag parents".

Writing in the Daily Mail on Tuesday, the MP said Britain was facing a social crisis because of the huge number of families who "live in a state of permanent squalor, chaos and hostility".

He claims they are presided over by "toerag parents who haven't got a clue how to raise children, and delegate the role of breadwinner to the social security system".

"I was knocked sideways when I asked a group of 15-year-olds in Birkenhead what would they most want from their school if they were setting the school contract, and every one of them said they wanted to know how to be good parents," said the MP.

Education, education, education. Discuss.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Absolutely he was right.

England has succumb to the lowest common denominator in the last decade.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I was sitting in the centre of Leicester yesterday waiting for my son. Next two me where two women with a child in a buggy possibly two years old. They where teaching the child to say daddy dickhead

I came to the UK when I was 14, after moving from Zimbabwe - Angola - Brasil - Portugal and I tell you I was SO excited to come here, it was such a dream for me, the place I always wanted to live - and my parents were happy that we finally got here.

I left when I was 30, still loving it here but now at 40, and back, it saddens me to see what it has become. It needs cleaning up so badly, not the streets, the people.

Strangely, my parents left as well, went back to Lisbon when my father retired.

as much as its a daily mail article im sad to say i agree! its the vicious circle of poverty and deprivation that is rife in britain today! this is why we have the 3rd generation of unemployed and idle because there has been no role model to work and make the situation better!

just look at jeremy kyle any day of the week or wander into any town/city centre!

people can only make things better for themselves if they want to do it or are forced to do it.

x

"I was sitting in the centre of Leicester yesterday waiting for my son. Next two me where two women with a child in a buggy possibly two years old. They where teaching the child to say daddy dickhead "

That just about say's it all really!

Went out for a meal last night with some girls and one said how she was on a bus going into Cardiff. A lady (using the term very loosely) who had a magazine on her lap and ipod plugged in her ears had no idea that her 3 kids were running riot all over the bus behind her. Banging the windows, kicking other passengers and various other unacceptable things. There was a big sigh of relief when she and her kids got off.

With parents like that this country don't stand a chance.

By *ushroom7 OP   Man  over a year ago

Bradford

"Watch yer head"

Too late, bump.

» Add a new message to this topic