FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Are you ever honest why you won’t meet?

Are you ever honest why you won’t meet?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ig bad OP   Man  over a year ago

Up North :-)

Sometimes you see the pictures, or the way someone sends messages, or what they send you and you think…&%£$!.... I don’t want to get involved with them!

So what’s your next step?

1/ Are you honest and say why?

2/ Ignore and not reply?

3/.Give a made up excuse?

4/ Or something else?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

hi, must say normally very honest!! why i dont want to meet!!

"hi, must say normally very honest!! why i dont want to meet!!"

Do you get backlash for being honest though?

i,m always honest when i dont want to meet a dont see the point in tellin lies its nice to be honest and normally u get thanks back or some dont answer

Usually give a 'polite no', usually because they are not in my preferred age group, local etc.

If they return and ask 'may I ask why'? I clarify that they do not meet what my profile asks for. Or simply, I am not attracted to you, sorry.

By *ummy mummyWoman  over a year ago

southampton-ish

"hi, must say normally very honest!! why i dont want to meet!!

Do you get backlash for being honest though?"

usually I just send " thanks for the message but not interested..happy swinging xx" sometimes I get a thanks for replying...sometimes nothing back and sometime "well...why aren't you interested then?" so then I will try to diplomatically say why..if they persist, then they get blocked

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Usually ignore and no reply but if i have been chatting to some one for a little while and decide i dont want to meet them then im always honest

By *uss PussWoman  over a year ago

east cheshire

I ignore and dont reply...its for the best really...they prob wouldnt want me to be honest with them as to why I wouldnt meet them...brutal honesty is sometimes best left alone

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Not unless they ask for a reason, even then I don't think they want the whole truth as a lot of the time they argue we are wrong.

I make it clear what I'm looking for and say I wont answer if they are outside that.

If however, they meet my criteria but there isn't any chemistry, or they do not appeal to me sexually, I'd tell them if asked, but I think it's usually clear whether they rock my boat or not, so few actually do.

By *yber pimpMan  over a year ago

durham area

this amazes me, normally all we get in previous threads on this subject is i get so many messages i just delete them without reading or ignore them.

now suddenly we all responding to messages why we will not meet people

"this amazes me, normally all we get in previous threads on this subject is i get so many messages i just delete them without reading or ignore them.

"

I think you missed the 2 posts that did say they ignored and deleted.

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

I'm usually diplomatic, just say that I don't think we'd be compatible, I don't think there's much to be gained by being brutally honest! Sometimes I get a 'why not' message back and still reply in a nice way - usually not a problem. Z

"this amazes me, normally all we get in previous threads on this subject is i get so many messages i just delete them without reading or ignore them.

"

Maybe the people who usually do that haven't come online yet... ahem...

In fact many of the forums big hitters aren't commenting today

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

It isn't what you always get, there are lots of people who answer every mail, including us.

we usually just say that they are not what we are looking for. the one time we give a specific reason is when people copy and paste their profile as a mail.in our opinion its unimaginative and maybe a little lazy

"Sometimes you see the pictures, or the way someone sends messages, or what they send you and you think…&%£$!.... I don’t want to get involved with them!

2/ Ignore and not reply?

4/ Or something else?

"

ill be honest an say

By *omer47Man  over a year ago

leigh

if i got a reply it would be nice. i always make the effort with my messages,but still get nothing back.i just think its rude because it only takes a minute to reply,& it dont cost you anything....thats my opinion anyway.

I'm always honest but diplomatic with replies

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

i try to be polite and reply to messages sent to me but sometimes i do ignore, either if i have lot of messages to reply to or if i am in a grump

but what i hate is the people that question why you wont meet them - i even had one guy say it was a bit odd that i wouldnt meet him and asked why i was on this site. to which i replied 'why?? does everyone on this site have to meet you???'

if i reply to decline i am always diplomatically honest. This has led to some messages asking why and even one asking me if I was really so shallow as to decline on the basis of his face pic.

I replied that yes it was as no matter how nice a person he may be, he did nothing for me sexually.

We cannot fancy everyone (or Vin Diesel would be mine!!!!) and being a swinger does not mean we are blind, stupid, desperate or accomodating just to make everyone happy!

vol

xx

If I'm unsure if were getting along before photos etc are exchanged I find it best to offer the get out - if I'm not your type sort of thing. It saves embarassment & everyone is entitled to his/her opinion - stops the bull & no one gets offended

Still havn't found the correct font yet!!!! Haha

By *ummy mummyWoman  over a year ago

southampton-ish

"If I'm unsure if were getting along before photos etc are exchanged I find it best to offer the get out - if I'm not your type sort of thing. It saves embarassment & everyone is entitled to his/her opinion - stops the bull & no one gets offended

Still havn't found the correct font yet!!!! Haha"

I do the same thing as I know that often I may be...too much woman for men to handle...lol so I let them know that if I am not to their taste to just say so and I will not be offened as I know that not everyone likes a larger lady like myself

"if i reply to decline i am always diplomatically honest. This has led to some messages asking why and even one asking me if I was really so shallow as to decline on the basis of his face pic.

I replied that yes it was as no matter how nice a person he may be, he did nothing for me sexually.

We cannot fancy everyone (or Vin Diesel would be mine!!!!) and being a swinger does not mean we are blind, stupid, desperate or accomodating just to make everyone happy!

vol

xx"

wouldnt worry about it vol hun

im shallow an no feart 2 admit it

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Another shallow one here lol......in the past present and future i do the following

1. tell people i have no intention of meeting them

2. Give a totally honest answer if asked why

3. Make no apologies for turning people down

4. Do the above in a polite respectful fashion, unless pushy buggers continue to moan

I just reply I am not interested without giving a reason.

If the other person comes back and asks why, then I shall tell them what I do not like about their profile, e.g. listing telephone number shouts desparate to me etc...

I believe in being honest.

I usually reply with " Thanks for the message but not interested have fun" if I dont like the pick or the profile is naff. If they are out of my profile criteria I usually say " Thanks for the message but re read my profile for your answer"

we reply truthfully as you have got to be true to yourselves.

We are both wimps and dont really tell people that we are not interested in them as we really dont like to offend. We will just reply back and say thanks for the message but we dont give any indication that we are interested.

If they again message us we will say that we are busy with work (which sometimes is the case) if they keep messaging we tend to not reply

We like to think we are as diplomatic as much as we are honest

Baring in mind that a diplomat is someone who can tell you to fuck off, in such a way, that you are happy to go.

The hardest people to reject are the ones you have already met, especially when your previous meets with them have gone "ok". But we always find the words.

Most times i delete, but if someone has made an effort then a polite no-thanks will be sent.

What does annoy me is people who have not read my profile.....these are deleted 99% of the time.

Persistant requests lead to being blocked, I have blocked a few, one chap I blocked 3 or 4 times as if i said no he would swear and call me names etc, he has since opened another profile and hasnt really bothered me since...

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

If it is someone I have already been talking to, I am usually pretty honest and say something like...

Having read your last message I don't think it would be a good idea to meet as I have completely lost interest. Happy hunting.

Thanks for the pic, I know I am shallow but you are just not my type. Happy hunting.

after a few abusive ones, i opt to delete.

if they seek an answer my response will be dependent on what the reason is.

i wont ever comment on someone personally as i think, just because it doesnt work for me, doesnt mean they should change that as it might work for someone else and i'm making suggestions that match what i expect, not what reflects the individual (does that make sense?!)

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I am actually normally very diplomatic in that I normally say that I am "flattered in the interest but no thank you"...

but there is one couple out there that keep looking at my profile and I want to be brutally honest but can't be arsed blocking....

I really have to keep counting to 10...

By *ollie_JCouple  over a year ago

London

Plus one for diplomatic

The world doesn't move to the beat of just one drum..

We have our likes and if we don't see it in the words of the profile, then a diplomatic not for us is sent

"We are both wimps and dont really tell people that we are not interested in them as we really dont like to offend. We will just reply back and say thanks for the message but we dont give any indication that we are interested.

If they again message us we will say that we are busy with work (which sometimes is the case) if they keep messaging we tend to not reply "

but be nice whimps. I think this communicates without upsetting.

Always honest biut amazed how many guys dont believe what you say ..........

Forum Mod

Im honest but im also polite about it too

Fabio how can you not be arsed to block someone? It takes a second! K is thinking you like the attention lol

when i first went to a club i got chatting outside in the smoking area and was given the following advice about what to do if you don't want to meet "or play"

just say no thank you! no reasons or they can argue with you - if they persist tell someome in authority (or block them on here)

How do you tell someone he comes across as a wet blanket without hurting his feelings?

By *stwoCouple  over a year ago

anywhere

we are honest and upfront.if people dont like it tough.surely thats better than just not replying.

"hi, must say normally very honest!! why i dont want to meet!!

Do you get backlash for being honest though?

usually I just send " thanks for the message but not interested..happy swinging xx" sometimes I get a thanks for replying...sometimes nothing back and sometime "well...why aren't you interested then?" so then I will try to diplomatically say why..if they persist, then they get blocked"

Its just that a lot have said to me its better not to respond as peeps take it as a green light and keep mailing. I don't hold with this reply = polite stuff though if its unsolicited mail. It is a difficult one i have to admit all round though.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"How do you tell someone he comes across as a wet blanket without hurting his feelings? "

some have said i am too honest lol

"How do you tell someone he comes across as a wet blanket without hurting his feelings?

"

As difficult as commenting on a rather sharp shirt

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Fabio how can you not be arsed to block someone? It takes a second! K is thinking you like the attention lol "

its a long long story..... so I just let them be, if I block em them they know they get to me... lol

sod it the logic is sound in my head!!!

"Sometimes you see the pictures, or the way someone sends messages, or what they send you and you think…&%£$!.... I don’t want to get involved with them!

2/ Ignore and not reply?

4/ Or something else?

"

Option 2. I see no point in soliciting further messages from someone we'd never want to meet in a million years, but if they messaged again, then I'd simply tell them we're not interested. A 3rd message would get a very polite, "Fuck off" type response.

2/ Ignore and not reply?

4/ Or something else?

"

I am honest with some especially if they have mad an obvious effort. Others who send the same message every week I just ignore. I do find though saying sorry I am not interested can create its own problems with "Why?" and "go on give me a chance" messages returned. With some people any reply is taken as a green light so you learn to just delete some messages as its less problematic.

Its nice to get a no thanks but i do know why many women here just delete so cool with what ever i get or not.

I have seen pictures of people messaging me and though no thanks and i always will just give a polite on thank you when i have to.

I am always honest when I reply to my emails.

I will normally not explain my reasons though unless asked but I will be polite not abusive.

Had a lad today that didnt like the refusal and decided to get very abusive towards how we like to play.

Didnt rise to it though, gave a polite explanation and then reported him. He replied again and got reported again.

Although it's nice to be honest, and it's nice to even manage a reply at all, both instances do have a tendency to open the door to a) begging (go on, you wont be dissapointed!), b) abuse (yeah well screw you you weirdo) and c) having to explain in detail (I'd love to know why you won't meet me...).

i'm very honest about meeting, if I can't I let them know well in advance, just a shame others didn't practice this same easy method

Brutal honesty is the way to go. People don't often like it but at least your not spoon feeding them B/S.

I just say to people if i dont want to meet them

'Sorry your not what im looking for'

covers everything that and i really dont feel that you need to get personal and point out what you dont like about them

Most just accept that and reply back saying.....thanks for the reply, good luck etc, tho you do get some that want to know why they are not what your looking for, in that case i will tell them

By *ilthythanetCouple  over a year ago

ramsgate

Big difference between being straight with people, and being tactless.

Funnily enough, the people who "Tell people how it is" are always the first ones to get offended when anyone tells them how unpleasant they are.

"Big difference between being straight with people, and being tactless.

Funnily enough, the people who "Tell people how it is" are always the first ones to get offended when anyone tells them how unpleasant they are."

I would agree with you on that. A lack of tact and being brutal is often covered up with saying you tell it like it is. Being honest is good as long as you don't offend people.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

You can't paste or post other peoples mails on the forums x

By *uss PussWoman  over a year ago

east cheshire

"You can't paste or post other peoples mails on the forums x"

Do you sometime feel you are banging your head against a brick wall hun?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

lol fuss

I bet people are sick of me saying it now too

» Add a new message to this topic