FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > paul scholes & lescott

paul scholes & lescott

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *occerstar579 OP   Man  over a year ago

harrogate

Why oh why have these two on? Dull is an over statement!!!! Watching paint dry really would be more exciting!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lligator3Man  over a year ago

Dundee

Can't argue with your assessment of dull but I'd take scholes's dull but expert opinion over the animated and irritating Robbie savage.

One has done it all in the game and can offer insights into these big European nights.

The other...was watchin those big nights on TV his whole career like me!

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

Lescott and Scholes better than boring Phil Neville on the BBC any day.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Can't argue with your assessment of dull but I'd take scholes's dull but expert opinion over the animated and irritating Robbie savage.

One has done it all in the game and can offer insights into these big European nights.

The other...was watchin those big nights on TV his whole career like me!

"

Cracking analogy

harrogate

Sorry gotta disagree....rather see someone like Savage who shows some passion....i can form my own opinions and knowledge.. Want some passion from the annalyser...someone i can argue with. If thats paul scholes showing passion feel sorry for his missus!!

Dundee

[Removed by poster at 25/11/14 22:11:10]

Dundee

[Removed by poster at 25/11/14 22:12:45]

Dundee

"Sorry gotta disagree....rather see someone like Savage who shows some passion....i can form my own opinions and knowledge.. Want some passion from the annalyser...someone i can argue with. If thats paul scholes showing passion feel sorry for his missus!!"

Fair enough- I'll have one last crack at ya-

Robbie said of a referee at the world cup that he wasn't of the standard of the other top referees...he said he referee'd in a league of lower quality and thus not qualified to make decisions at that level.

Using Robbie's own logic- being a journeyman footballer at yoyoing premier league clubs he himself isn't qualified to offer opinions at that level, he should have sent himself home.

Well Scolesey and Joelean ain't the most articulate of Lads fair one

but They do have great Football knowledge

I like Martin Keown and Alan Hansen

They have a better way of putting things

harrogate

"Sorry gotta disagree....rather see someone like Savage who shows some passion....i can form my own opinions and knowledge.. Want some passion from the annalyser...someone i can argue with. If thats paul scholes showing passion feel sorry for his missus!!

Not at all...in fact you have made a mockery of your argument. Robbie was comparing the refs normal league job with refereeing in the world cup..the biggest stage in the world! So the ref is doing the same job but in a totally diff environment and stage. The ref couldnt hack the difference in pace and pressure! Both Robbie and the ITV pair tonight are doing totally diff jobs to their football playing careers and therefore a great player does not always make a great pundit!!!

Bit like asking a helicopter pilot to fly a 737.... Cant do it!!

Fair enough- I'll have one last crack at ya-

Robbie said of a referee at the world cup that he wasn't of the standard of the other top referees...he said he referee'd in a league of lower quality and thus not qualified to make decisions at that level.

Using Robbie's own logic- being a journeyman footballer at yoyoing premier league clubs he himself isn't qualified to offer opinions at that level, he should have sent himself home."

I'm nostalgic for that time when they just showed, and got on with, the match and less of this incessant chatter and/or opinion often for a longer period than a match itself.

I think Gary neville has shown you don't have to be the best footballer in the world to be a good pundit.

Dundee

Oops I went as far as making a mockery, that's not good. I'd have took just being wrong

Yeah I see the difference your meaning but when Gary 'golden boot winner' Linekar asks Robbie what does Joachim Lowe do to turn it around or what's going through van persie's head during a penalty shoot out he must be dying a little inside lol

"Oops I went as far as making a mockery, that's not good. I'd have took just being wrong

Yeah I see the difference your meaning but when Gary 'golden boot winner' Linekar asks Robbie what does Joachim Lowe do to turn it around or what's going through van persie's head during a penalty shoot out he must be dying a little inside lol"

If this was the case surely they'd be employing people like Gabriel marcotti who, although did not play, have a very good way at analysing the game.

I think people just presume because they played at a high standard they must be able to be a pundit

"I think Gary neville has shown you don't have to be the best footballer in the world to be a good pundit."

He's Ace as a pundit.

I could listen to him all night.

» Add a new message to this topic