FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > man with downs syndrome receives 30,000 birthday cards

man with downs syndrome receives 30,000 birthday cards

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just read this story on The Mirrors website.

Cheered me up

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Just read this story on The Mirrors website.

Cheered me up "

Oh could you not give us the gist, I don't do The Mirror.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I hope he recycles.

He's from Calais and his Mum posted on Facebook asking if people would send her son a card for his 30th birthday because it would cheer him up. He received cards and gifts from all over the world.

I love stories like this

Makes me all warm inside

Awwww

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"He's from Calais and his Mum posted on Facebook asking if people would send her son a card for his 30th birthday because it would cheer him up. He received cards and gifts from all over the world."
Awwwww how lovely.

He received cards from Hong Kong, USA, Sri Lanka amongst others. He also got sent chocolate, cakes and drawings from children.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

That's lovely warms the cockles of your heart

Puts a smile on your face knowing that there are people out there who are willing to make other people happy with small gestures of kindness ..lovely heart warming story

"He received cards from Hong Kong, USA, Sri Lanka amongst others. He also got sent chocolate, cakes and drawings from children. "

that's really lovely

"He's from Calais and his Mum posted on Facebook asking if people would send her son a card for his 30th birthday because it would cheer him up. He received cards and gifts from all over the world."

Stories like this make me so happy! This is why I love the end of Russel Howard's Good News.. He always ends with something like this.

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

i remember a priest putting out an appeal for people to turn up at a guys funeral who had no family ...the church was rammed full on the day

"i remember a priest putting out an appeal for people to turn up at a guys funeral who had no family ...the church was rammed full on the day "

Yes...I saw that on the news...brought s tear to my eye........damn allergies

By *ancs MinxWoman  over a year ago

Burnley

"I love stories like this

Makes me all warm inside "

there was something like that on facebook to do with an eleven yr old boy his mum made a facebook page called colins friends for him because he was being bullied at school and had no friends...the page was about his 11th birthday and the fact she was worried that only family would be there for him to celebrate by the day of his birthday he had over 100,000 friends on facebook cards and presents from around the world he was even on the telly ..after that she posted on there and said the love strangers had shown her son was amazing and had helped him to face his bullies head on .

I think the page is still going too

"He's from Calais and his Mum posted on Facebook asking if people would send her son a card for his 30th birthday because it would cheer him up. He received cards and gifts from all over the world.

Stories like this make me so happy! This is why I love the end of Russel Howard's Good News.. He always ends with something like this."

I like happy endings.

Awwww that really made me smile x

"Just read this story on The Mirrors website.

Cheered me up Oh could you not give us the gist, I don't do The Mirror."

So we gather by your make-up.

"i remember a priest putting out an appeal for people to turn up at a guys funeral who had no family ...the church was rammed full on the day "

And was the dead guy any the better for this?

"there was something like that on facebook to do with an eleven yr old boy his mum made a facebook page called colins friends for him because he was being bullied at school and had no friends...the page was about his 11th birthday and the fact she was worried that only family would be there for him to celebrate by the day of his birthday he had over 100,000 friends on facebook cards and presents from around the world he was even on the telly ..after that she posted on there and said the love strangers had shown her son was amazing and had helped him to face his bullies head on .

I think the page is still going too "

I'm a friend of Colin's on FB

"i remember a priest putting out an appeal for people to turn up at a guys funeral who had no family ...the church was rammed full on the day

And was the dead guy any the better for this? "

why do you feel the need to post comments like this? he probably thought before he died that he wouldn't have anyone there to remember him or pay their respects to him. but because of that one person putting a appeal out that man had people there. its lovely that people will go pay respects to someone they don't even know just because no one else is there too. how would you feel if in your last days you were thinking that no one would be there to remember you? or even notice you weren't around anymore?

"i remember a priest putting out an appeal for people to turn up at a guys funeral who had no family ...the church was rammed full on the day

And was the dead guy any the better for this? "

God, how grumpy!!

OP so glad you titled your message with "man with downs syndrome" as opposed to "downs syndrome man". It makes a huge difference xx

Brilliant story , what an epic surprise that must have been , for him and his postie ! great to see social media reported in a good light for a change.

» Add a new message to this topic