FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Losing a pet

Losing a pet

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *inkxRabbit OP   Woman  over a year ago

Village in Surrey

Totally off topic but I'm gutted. I had to have my cat put to sleep this morning. Amazing how we can get so attached to these little creatures.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

how sad

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sorry to hear that OP. I know the feeling, hope you'll be ok x

By *couser83Man  over a year ago

Liverpool

"Totally off topic but I'm gutted. I had to have my cat put to sleep this morning. Amazing how we can get so attached to these little creatures.

"

I understand how your feeling. I had to put down my brothers dog for him because he couldn't do it and I was in tears. It does get better but you will never forget the good times you had

By *ambslass48Woman  over a year ago

Peterborough

"how sad "

So sorry to hear that xx they are like a member of your family

we lost 2 dogs within a yr one just 10 months old .its heartbreaking they are not just pets they are family members .sorry to hear of your loss

Aww, poor kitty. It's always awful to have to do that, our cats are an extension of us as a couple and make us a little family of sorts.

I think it's the same for any family/person who have beloved pets that have been found for years.

It's heartbreaking when you have to eventually say goodbye.

Big hugs from the potteries.

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"Totally off topic but I'm gutted. I had to have my cat put to sleep this morning. Amazing how we can get so attached to these little creatures.

"

My daughter lost hers earlier this year. She was 19 and my daughter had had her since a kitten. She was devastated by the loss.

However, I took her to the cat sanctuary a couple of weeks later and she adopted a totally insane tom cat. She loves him to bits though he's very different to the placid she-cat she had. He helped her get over the loss but he's not a replacement. She still has fond memories of her previous cat.

My cats 16 now and I'm dreading it . Big hugs op x

By *rc83Man  over a year ago

warrington

i unfortunatly had to have one of my dogs that i had with with my ex put to sleep 2 years ago. it was the worst moment of my life so far.

she was a red staffy and she had eplipsy and it got really bad, had a massive fit that lasted over 2 hours and when we took her to the vets, (lots of laws broken on the way, my kids as she couldnt have children), they told us not to expect much.

unfortunatly 2 hours later we had to have her put to sleep.

ive got a small tattoo on my arm in memory but i do want a portrait of her on my leg.

hope your ok though, its hard but it does get easier in the end

xx

I had to have my dog put to sleep on my birthday last year. I was probably more upset to loose her than most people I've known. I was miserable for about a week and still feel myself welling up whenever I see a picture of her.

Our cat is part of our family she is 18 now she is the child I couldn't have

By *CoastFunMan  over a year ago

Southampron

Hugs for you OP. I had to have my 18yo cat put to sleep a few years ago. I couldn't really see much on the way home due to my eyes welling up

Sorry for your loss

R.I.P. moggy

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I was devastated when I lost mine at the vets.

Thinking of you, and big hug x

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

big hugs, i lost my dog right near xmas and i walked out of vets as couldnt face the chat after being told it had to be put down whilst i was in tears leaving someone else in there to finish it

let family know that we had no choice in doing it

and we had already started discussing getting another, managed just to find another pick them up drop them off and return later by that time we had grown to the new one

but you never forget the other one either

» Add a new message to this topic