FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > 1st Class Nan

1st Class Nan

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oody39 OP   Man  over a year ago

tunbridge wells

So this week I lost my Nan, and it got me thinking, she really was a one off ( or at least in my mind ) 88 and mothered 12 Children and 1 still born.

Countless grandkids and great grandkids, yet she never ever forgot a birthday or anniverasry.

A proper what i call old school Nan, large build, cuddly and an all round Nan as a nan should be. Anyway just made me think do they make Nans like this anymore?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sorry to her of your lose. My nan died 9 years ago, and she was my best friend. She was one of the most foul mouthed, funny women I have ever met. Think Mrs Brown on steroids. I miss her every day

MY condolences to you. I lost my only grandparent, my mamgu, a few years ago, she was 95 and I miss her stories, wisdom and sense of humour.

I hope your memories will being you many a smile and ease the pain. x

By *rsIdiotWoman  over a year ago

Bedworth

I loved my grandma dearly. She died 18 years ago and I still miss her, she was a wonderful lady.

My fiancé and I were talking about our grandparents the other day, we discovered that our grandma's were both called Florence Jane..... One of the nicest coincidences we have found

By *oody39 OP   Man  over a year ago

tunbridge wells

I am ok thanks, she had been ill for a few weeks and in the usual stubborn determined way she hung on longer than they expected.

Amazing woman, and honoured to have been a part of her life

I'm so sorry to hear if your loss. I'm extremely lucky to still have both my Nan's, 1 is 88 and 1 is 86. 1 is the youngest of 10 children. They both lived through the war as young teenagers . As the eldest grandchild they would give me the moon if they could and they're my heroines. I go to them when I need to hear wise words.

Lost all my grandparents between 18 and 25 years ago. I still miss them especially my mum's Dad who I was very close to. My condolences

both sets of grandparents died ages ago - never really knew one grandad - my grandmas were so different - mums mum was a small quiet lady - very innocent and kept herself to herself and very proper - always hat gloves handbag best coat on etc - but dont think we ever did anything other than visit her - always a cold meat salad for tea with teacups and saucers ---- my dads mum was more typical - lots of grey curls - bit chubby - loved to do stuff together - lived in the countryside and we went for amazing adventurous walks and we cooked together - she was the best cook ever - but she had another side to her - when grandad died she went and moved in with this man she had 'known' for years -and she married him not long after - little tinker

» Add a new message to this topic