FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Toy's your best mate had as a child that you wanted but never got

Toy's your best mate had as a child that you wanted but never got

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Always wanted the six million dollar man action figure my mate had,with bionic arm that lifted up an engine block and had a telescopic eye.The twat also had a Johnny 7 gun which I never got

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Star Wars vehicles and space ships, had all the figures but no fecking ships to put em in :-/

My friend had a barbie doll that had a baby in the tummy ..I was fascinated by it (mrs)

not much - we never had much and never expected anything - was the same for all of us then - i vaguely remember wanting a tiny tears doll but never got one

By *rafty98Man  over a year ago

herts

Always wanted the stretchy hulk and the kid next door had one and ruined it by leaving it out in the sun...Oh the waste...

By *its_n_piecesCouple  over a year ago

evel knievel stunt cycle

Teenage mutant hero (yes hero) turtles blimp. I had the van. My best mate had the blimp. I secretly hated him at times.

Barbie. I won't let my daughter have one tho. It's bad enough her mum's a filth bad without giving her a slutty doll.

raleigh chopper

dolls house.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I had a friend at school and he had a pen that had little switches on the top for different colours and I always wanted one but didn't get one as a kid. I got one as an adult and had a go with the blue, black and red and green ink and that was that.

Brighton - even Hove!

"Barbie. I won't let my daughter have one tho. It's bad enough her mum's a filth bad without giving her a slutty doll. "

It's only slutty if you have a few action men too

"raleigh chopper "

That's another one. My mate had the Raleigh Chopper and I had a Raleigh Stryker. Was watching one on eBay recently to relive my youth.

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

Buckaroo. Mr. Frostie. Girl's World (the plastic head thing you could do hair and makeup on). Mousetrap. A swing in the back garden.

The kids next door were spoiled rotten. They even had a Sodastream.

Mr Frostie a Rocking horse and a cabbage patch doll

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Johnny seven gun

"Buckaroo. Mr. Frostie. Girl's World (the plastic head thing you could do hair and makeup on). Mousetrap. A swing in the back garden.

The kids next door were spoiled rotten. They even had a Sodastream."

Sodastream show boating twat

"Barbie. I won't let my daughter have one tho. It's bad enough her mum's a filth bad without giving her a slutty doll.

It's only slutty if you have a few action men too "

How will it be slutty with action men? They can't have any action with no working parts? I suppose they could feel her up.

By *allieJWoman  over a year ago

East Lancashire

A rocking horse, a big dapple grey one........ Oh how I wanted one

"I had a friend at school and he had a pen that had little switches on the top for different colours and I always wanted one but didn't get one as a kid. I got one as an adult and had a go with the blue, black and red and green ink and that was that. "

I had one.. Still.love pens now!

"A rocking horse, a big dapple grey one........ Oh how I wanted one "

I had one, it was moulded plastic but I loved it..

"Buckaroo. Mr. Frostie. Girl's World (the plastic head thing you could do hair and makeup on). Mousetrap. A swing in the back garden.

I.had all.of these apart from the soda stream.. We had a pop man..

Always wanted a thunercats sword of omens that lights up was gutted when my mate got his

Everything, yay for pissheads.

Spirograph looked pretty cool tbh, really wanted one of those and used to play on my cousins.

"A rocking horse, a big dapple grey one........ Oh how I wanted one "

Ooooo me too.

The action man helicopter. I was so jealous.

By the way, have you seen how much the original Steve Austin figures sell for now?

Oh don't. This just brings back memories of rifling through catalogues and marking out all the toys I wanted but couldn't have!

For me it was neighbours having the best Star Wars and Transformers figures while I had the cheap ones.

"Always wanted the six million dollar man action figure my mate had,with bionic arm that lifted up an engine block and had a telescopic eye.The twat also had a Johnny 7 gun which I never got "

I had one and the bionic woman too!!

"Always wanted the six million dollar man action figure my mate had,with bionic arm that lifted up an engine block and had a telescopic eye.The twat also had a Johnny 7 gun which I never got "

The figure also had a bionic chip in his arm. Anyone remember big trak and tin can alley? 2 things that santa never brought.

I always wanted Mr Frostie, mousetrap and screwball scramble. I bought them for my kids for various Christmases so I could play with them!

By *ussypussWoman  over a year ago

South Birmingham waiting for the bf to come back after crimbo

Just anything that had been bought new, for me, instead of everyone else's battered hand me downs.

Had a younger sibling who always got new, mum said that by the time I had finished with my toys, they were too far gone to be passed on

Brighton - even Hove!

"Barbie. I won't let my daughter have one tho. It's bad enough her mum's a filth bad without giving her a slutty doll.

It's only slutty if you have a few action men too

How will it be slutty with action men? They can't have any action with no working parts? I suppose they could

feel her up. "

I once made a cock for one of mine with plasticine. It had gripping hands.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

the Johny 7 and the chopper were both on the 'would love' list as a boy..

one kid had a chopper but the other one was out of the question for the families budgets where we lived tbh..

By *mokeynbubblyCouple  over a year ago

poole

Didn't realize i'd got so much as a kid looking at this list(had 6 million dollar man, raleigh chopper & we had a soda stream)

Always wanted a scalectrix & a hornby railway set

By *each_PittWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

Big Yellow Teapot. I still remind my mother how much I missed out by never getting one.

My best friend shared everything with me. I never wanted anything she had,I was happy with what I got and we didn't go without like the really poor families

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

My friend had Big Trak and I wanted that till I had a play with his. After 2 minutes playing, I was happy with my Tonka.

By *oobsandballsMan  over a year ago

st andrews

One of my cousins had a Mr Frosty, I really wanted one.

Another cousin had the original Millennium Falcon and AT-AT, I always played with them when I visited

By *horshiperMan  over a year ago

London

My best mate had a death star

Easy, my shithead Cousin's At-At from Star Wars.

Had a captain Scarlett but always wanted captain black ma mum & dad could never find it

A toy General Lee. I still want one.

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

[Removed by poster at 20/11/14 08:38:44]

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

Mr Frosty, screwball scramble and an Al a'cart kitchen (sp?)

"Always wanted the six million dollar man action figure my mate had,with bionic arm that lifted up an engine block and had a telescopic eye.The twat also had a Johnny 7 gun which I never got

The figure also had a bionic chip in his arm. Anyone remember big trak and tin can alley? 2 things that santa never brought."

tin can alley lol,with Chuck Connors on the box

"Didn't realize i'd got so much as a kid looking at this list(had 6 million dollar man, raleigh chopper & we had a soda stream)

Always wanted a scalectrix & a hornby railway set"

Same here, 6 million dollar man, evel kneval bike and rocket car, action man helicopter, scalextrics (f1, minis, Lamborghinis etc), crossfire, Atari, air hockey. And I am one of 4 brothers. No wonder we never had a foreign holiday, all the spare money went on toys!

i always wanted a train set with all the scenary etc,trees,houses,little figures.But had to make do with one that went in a circle on the floor

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

God Mark this thread has brought back harrowing memories of the Christmas of 78.

A dark time in my life.

You see I had always wanted Ricochet Racers - Spider-Man V Captain America edition. I actually received it on Christmas Day only to open the box to discover the shooting mechanism was damaged. My Mum said she would get a new one but she sent it back and they were sold out. They only had regular Ricochet Racers which was fucking whack! So I never ever ever got my Rocochet Racers - Spider-Man V Captian America edition ever. To this day it haunts me and I have never been able to celebrate Christmas like all the other normal kids do.

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

"God Mark this thread has brought back harrowing memories of the Christmas of 78.

A dark time in my life.

You see I had always wanted Ricochet Racers - Spider-Man V Captain America edition. I actually received it on Christmas Day only to open the box to discover the shooting mechanism was damaged. My Mum said she would get a new one but she sent it back and they were sold out. They only had regular Ricochet Racers which was fucking whack! So I never ever ever got my Rocochet Racers - Spider-Man V Captian America edition ever. To this day it haunts me and I have never been able to celebrate Christmas like all the other normal kids do.

"

I forgot to mention fucking posh Neil up the street got one. Gah!

By *ushandkittyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

TCR racing set, was like scalextrix but was slotless. You had a button or switch on the controller to make the cars change lanes to over take.

"Everything, yay for pissheads.

Spirograph looked pretty cool tbh, really wanted one of those and used to play on my cousins."

oh i had one of those - but it was second hand and a few bits were missing - but just remembered i wanted an etcha sketch - would sit for hours at anybody elses house who had one

Me Frosty, wanted one desperately and had it on every list I came up with throughout the year, did I get one? No. Did my spoilt neighbours get one even though they didn't want it? Yes!! They did let me play with it sometimes though.

Although in my Mum's defence, it was brought out again the year I turned 18 so I got one for my birthday then!! Lol

you must have been a good girl that year then

I always wanted a Raleigh Burner with the yellow Mag Wheels - Billy next door had one. I got a Halfords own brand one - still dont grudge getting that bike anyway.

Its amazing how mentally scarred we all are from the things are Parents never got us

By *et a roomCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

"raleigh chopper "

This is exactly what I wanted. They were really cool (allegedly!)

By *rtemisiaWoman  over a year ago

Norwich

"My friend had a barbie doll that had a baby in the tummy ..I was fascinated by it (mrs) "

Did the baby have a freakishly long neck and legs?

"TCR racing set, was like scalextrix but was slotless. You had a button or switch on the controller to make the cars change lanes to over take."

I had something similar. Race'n'chase it was called. One police car, one sports car. You could jump a tilting bridge and do 180 spins to get you going in the other direction. And it had headlights!

"Everything, yay for pissheads.

Spirograph looked pretty cool tbh, really wanted one of those and used to play on my cousins.

oh i had one of those - but it was second hand and a few bits were missing - but just remembered i wanted an etcha sketch - would sit for hours at anybody elses house who had one"

I got an etch a sketch when I went in hospital to have my tonsils and adenoids out. Worth the pain? No!

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

The AT-AT from STAR WARS, i had an X-wing, an Imperial fighter and the Millenium Falcon but i really wanted an AT-AT, my friend had one, the box was feckin HUGE!

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"The AT-AT from STAR WARS, i had an X-wing, an Imperial fighter and the Millenium Falcon but i really wanted an AT-AT, my friend had one, the box was feckin HUGE!"

I've got a lego At-At

By *andS4funCouple  over a year ago

Lancashire

Any of the stuff from Star Wars that all my mates seemed to have and I didn't (stomps feet !)Mostly vehicles , I had tons of figures and even an entire legion of stormtroopers ( ok not quite)

I had some vehicles AT-ST, X Wing, Slave 1, Speeder bikes, but I didn't have AT-ATS, Falcon, Tie Fighters ! Anyway I'm making up for it now as my lads are into Star Wars and THEY ( honest -they) have loads and loads now.

Also my mates and Zoids I wanted them, and they had more and better action men. So not fair

"Always wanted the six million dollar man action figure my mate had,with bionic arm that lifted up an engine block and had a telescopic eye.The twat also had a Johnny 7 gun which I never got

The figure also had a bionic chip in his arm. Anyone remember big trak and tin can alley? 2 things that santa never brought. tin can alley lol,with Chuck Connors on the box "

Tin can alley was good but it would never beat a chuck connors roundhouse

Always wanted transformer toys but never got any .....always look out for Generation one transformers when out and about..... car boots etc

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"Any of the stuff from Star Wars that all my mates seemed to have and I didn't (stomps feet !)Mostly vehicles , I had tons of figures and even an entire legion of stormtroopers ( ok not quite)

I had some vehicles AT-ST, X Wing, Slave 1, Speeder bikes, but I didn't have AT-ATS, Falcon, Tie Fighters ! Anyway I'm making up for it now as my lads are into Star Wars and THEY ( honest -they) have loads and loads now.

Also my mates and Zoids I wanted them, and they had more and better action men. So not fair "

Loved Zoids, i had Zoidzilla, and the gorilla King Kong type one, forgot what his name was though?

"raleigh chopper "

Bought one for restoration at my local tip on Monday. .

Best tenner I ever spent!

A bike. We were never allowed to have one

A video player

Action man helicopter, and a snooker table!

"you must have been a good girl that year then "

I think it was more likely that she was sick hearing about how emotionally damaged I was by not getting it!! And I was working on Woolies at the time so never shut up about it and had the guys I worked with dropping hints too haha. Yes I'm still as big a kid now, and no I'm not sorry

» Add a new message to this topic