FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > who knows how to

who knows how to

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *riskygaz OP   Man  over a year ago

birmingham

Restore the shine to a bath tub, I am fitting a new toilet and sink but couldn't be arsed going to the trouble of ripping out the bath, but after looking at the new stuff, I realise my bath is no longer as white or shinny as it once was, any good idea's on how to restore it a bit.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

How about a really jazzy bath panel? Would that help? Something that looks like it has been quietly sawed off of a canal boat?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Restore the shine to a bath tub, I am fitting a new toilet and sink but couldn't be arsed going to the trouble of ripping out the bath, but after looking at the new stuff, I realise my bath is no longer as white or shinny as it once was, any good idea's on how to restore it a bit. "

Is it plastic or enamelled?

birmingham

"Restore the shine to a bath tub, I am fitting a new toilet and sink but couldn't be arsed going to the trouble of ripping out the bath, but after looking at the new stuff, I realise my bath is no longer as white or shinny as it once was, any good idea's on how to restore it a bit.

Is it plastic or enamelled?"

mmm well it's fibreglass, so is it enamelled or just a hard paint they apply to them , not sure lol

I imagine it might be a gel/paint you tried a car polising thing that'swhat we used when i used to work with fiberglass or do i sound stupid here?

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

How about polishing it with t cut

birmingham

"I imagine it might be a gel/paint you tried a car polising thing that'swhat we used when i used to work with fiberglass or do i sound stupid here? "
Mmm well no you don't sound stupid I had thought about trying a polish, it could work, I might try a little bit in a corner see how it comes out

"Restore the shine to a bath tub, I am fitting a new toilet and sink but couldn't be arsed going to the trouble of ripping out the bath, but after looking at the new stuff, I realise my bath is no longer as white or shinny as it once was, any good idea's on how to restore it a bit.

Is it plastic or enamelled?mmm well it's fibreglass, so is it enamelled or just a hard paint they apply to them , not sure lol"

If its fibreglass you can polish out any surface dulling but its hard work without an electric buffer.

» Add a new message to this topic