FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Jess Ennis good on you !

Jess Ennis good on you !

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Now i've only just heard this headline. . So I don't know the full details, but Jess Ennis Hill has recieved sexually explicit threats via twatter for stating she'd want her name removed from the football stadium that Chet Evans is based at if he is allowed to play again. Yes it's a divisive subject, but the tweets are being investigated by the police. Just today there has been a thread on here saying how rude and arrogant some posters on here are being . It's child's play compared to the stuff she seems to have been getting .

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Did we have as many cunts in the world before it was taken over by social media?

"Did we have as many cunts in the world before it was taken over by social media? "
we did. . But they didn't have a way of spreading their bile !

By *afadaoMan  over a year ago

Staines

"Did we have as many cunts in the world before it was taken over by social media? "

Yes, we just couldn't hear then all the time

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

yep..... but now they have a platform to show it rather than just hiding in the dark.....

i hope they catch whoever it is...

Its quite deflating to realise that there are so many spiteful and sick minds out there,the saving grace is that they probably wouldn't dream of saying the same face to face,I hope they find out who they are too and shame them

I mad a comment on another thread last week or whenever that someone could be prosecuted for things they say on Twitter and I was told only if they break the law. Hope that person is reading this!!

I sincerely hope they deal with whoever it was that said those things.

Trolls who hide behind a computer screen need to understand that this kind of behaviour is taken seriously and is NOT on!

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"Now i've only just heard this headline. . So I don't know the full details, but Jess Ennis Hill has recieved sexually explicit threats via twatter for stating she'd want her name removed from the football stadium that Chet Evans is based at if he is allowed to play again. Yes it's a divisive subject, but the tweets are being investigated by the police. Just today there has been a thread on here saying how rude and arrogant some posters on here are being . It's child's play compared to the stuff she seems to have been getting . "

My guess is that the post was made by a young teenage boy trying to be funny. For those that do not know what the tweet said it was that The tweeter hoped Evans would rape her. Not funny, not clever, not explicit .. Just really childish and stupid... The kind do thing that plagues all social media. Share if you are outraged and think the tweeter should be shot.

Yes. Yes we did. Sadly, the internet has given a voice to some people who should have just had a nice cup of STFU.

In much the same way as the internet has allowed others a voice to be offended by anything and everything, with a SJW movement ready to March in and fire their 'piss and vinegar' all over it.

"I mad a comment on another thread last week or whenever that someone could be prosecuted for things they say on Twitter and I was told only if they break the law. Hope that person is reading this!!

Trolls who hide behind a computer screen need to understand that this kind of behaviour is taken seriously and is NOT on! "

I'm presuming sexually explicit threats are against the law whether there tweeted or said face to face or posted in a letter. If sometimes illegal it's illegal regardless of the medium used to convey it.

Yes they called them journalists

"I mad a comment on another thread last week or whenever that someone could be prosecuted for things they say on Twitter and I was told only if they break the law. Hope that person is reading this!!

Trolls who hide behind a computer screen need to understand that this kind of behaviour is taken seriously and is NOT on! .

I'm presuming sexually explicit threats are against the law whether there tweeted or said face to face or posted in a letter. If sometimes illegal it's illegal regardless of the medium used to convey it.

"

Exactly!! The poster who answered me tried to say it wasn't really serious and could be ignored.

To be blunt, someone needs to step in and sort this Chad Evans mess out - Greg Dyke isn't capable of it.

It's only going to get worse, more emotive and out of control unless someone takes control and actually starts putting perspective on all of it. The allegations, the rehabilitation of offenders, role models, all of it.

By *AURA6969TV/TS  over a year ago

RUGBY

Im really proud of this lady making a stand well done x

I think a lot of the problems with social media is that people say things, off the cuff, with no thought of the impact of those words. I've seen shocking things on Facebook, snap chat, Instagram - shown to me by my teenage children. I'm sure their parents don't realise what they say and how vile it is. I've shocked a couple of parents when I've shown them what their child has written. Responsible adults need to keep an eye on what goes on, on these sites. Too easy to hide behind a screen !

OP - back to Jess Ennis - she is one of my icons. Good on her for standing up for what she thinks is right. I hope they find whoever it is and he/she understands the consequences of writing such horrid things.

Trolls who hide behind a computer screen need to understand that this kind of behaviour is taken seriously and is NOT on! .

Exactly!! The poster who answered me tried to say it wasn't really serious and could be ignored. "

you can't be prosecuted for things you say on Twitter that don't break the law.

Im all in favour of Mrs hills right to remove her name from said stand but then I'm also in favour or Mr Evans making a living after being released from prison. I'm not in favour of his short sentence and I'm not in favour of tweets of this nature. But i would also add it's hardly the crime of the century and more childish name calling.

I also wanted this thread to highlight Jess for making a stand. Even if we don't agree. . She has shown guts in speaking out

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"To be blunt, someone needs to step in and sort this Chad Evans mess out - Greg Dyke isn't capable of it.

It's only going to get worse, more emotive and out of control unless someone takes control and actually starts putting perspective on all of it. The allegations, the rehabilitation of offenders, role models, all of it."

I believe in the rehabilitation of offenders but we also have restrictions on roles that can be performed by certain types of offenders.

He us maintaining his innocence and therefore has not offered contrition for his crime. Until proven otherwise he us still a convicted rapist with time served. As such many jobs are no longer open to him and for others in such a position I can't think of any former employers who would let him walk back into his former role.

He is not signed to the club but they are extending him the privilege of training there. Are they doing the same for other ex-offenders? If the answer is yes then they are being consistent and have a stance on the rehabilitation of offenders.

As to the tweet, casual comments about rape and abuse of women generally have always been there but are now easier to see.

Ennis-Hill has made her position clear and I applaud her for saying she wants nothing to do with a club employing an unrepentant convicted rapist.

Newcastle and Gateshead

i have several reservations... I kinda liken it to the michael vick case in america where he got sent to jail for 5 years for dog fighting....

if he has been remorseful on release and shown he had change (for example vick has done some high profile campaigning for the RSPCA of america... and continues to do so) then i could get past that..... might take time, but i could

but because Ched hasn't... I don't think someone can take him on until the review of the case has happened... and any subsequent appeal.....

people will scream "innocent until proven guilty"... well he was by a court of his peers by a jury.... now i think it has to be "guilty until proven otherwise"...

there is a whole "going back to the same job in the same place" thing that I think why sheffield united shouldn't even consider taking him back..... but in the future if someone else was to I probably wouldn't feel as bad over time....

i think his future should be "abroad in europe" for the next few years.... and then look at coming back after that that.....

By *carineMan  over a year ago

Armthorpe, Doncaster

Whilst i agree and support her regarding SUFC and Evans, tis a pity she is not so principled when it comes to promoting banks...

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Whilst i agree and support her regarding SUFC and Evans, tis a pity she is not so principled when it comes to promoting banks..."

Is Santander known for employing rapists?

"Whilst i agree and support her regarding SUFC and Evans, tis a pity she is not so principled when it comes to promoting banks..."

We all take a stand on different things. Vegetarians who wear leather and so on.

is Santander a business with poor principles ? Please don't try the 'all banks are evil' boloney. . It's so ten years ago

If you truly believe you're innocent of a crime despite having been convicted and sent to jail for it would you act repentent?

Its not as if innocent men havn't ever been sent to jail,I'm thinking this on a personal level,not because I feel support for Ched Evans

Stubborness and personal dignity would prevent me from ever behaving repentent for a crime I didn't commit

"Whilst i agree and support her regarding SUFC and Evans, tis a pity she is not so principled when it comes to promoting banks... is Santander a business with poor principles ? Please don't try the 'all banks are evil' boloney. . It's so ten years ago "

I dunno rbs got done for laundering money for Hezbollah and hsbc got done for laundering money for hamas, so if nothing else there equal opportunity launderers

Newcastle and Gateshead

"If you truly believe you're innocent of a crime despite having been convicted and sent to jail for it would you act repentent?

Its not as if innocent men havn't ever been sent to jail,I'm thinking this on a personal level,not because I feel support for Ched Evans

Stubborness and personal dignity would prevent me from ever behaving repentent for a crime I didn't commit"

which is why I said I don't think any club can be in a position to take him on whilst there is a review of the case and any possible appeal.....

"If you truly believe you're innocent of a crime despite having been convicted and sent to jail for it would you act repentent?

Stubborness and personal dignity would prevent me from ever behaving repentent for a crime I didn't commit"

I agree but the fact is that he was convicted and until that is overturned he is a convicted rapist. As such some roles are no longer open to him.

If we act as if everyone convicted is actually innocent because that's what they believe about themselves then we shouldn't bother with courts, sentences and prison.

My argument is based on the fact that he is an unrepentant convicted rapist and how we as society respond to that.

Stubborness and personal dignity would prevent me from ever behaving repentent for a crime I didn't commit

which is why I said I don't think any club can be in a position to take him on whilst there is a review of the case and any possible appeal.....

"

I agree. This is what Greg Dyke should be saying and enforcing, instead of allowing this to continue.

I agree but the fact is that he was convicted and until that is overturned he is a convicted rapist. As such some roles are no longer open to him.

If we act as if everyone convicted is actually innocent because that's what they believe about themselves then we shouldn't bother with courts, sentences and prison.

My argument is based on the fact that he is an unrepentant convicted rapist and how we as society respond to that.

"

I agree that in the eyes of the law he is a convicted rapist and should be treated as such

Its the word unrepentant that I don't like

I agree that in the eyes of the law he is a convicted rapist and should be treated as such

Its the word unrepentant that I don't like

"

I can understand that but in the criminal justice system we treat convicted criminals differently if they are repentant/contrite and rehabilitated.

The facts of his case are that the girl was passed out and he had sex with her. His defence was that she didn't say no even though she had passed out. He is unrepentant about that.

That in my book is rape

I wouldn't want him working with kids. I wouldn't want him as a role model

By *dventuroususCouple  over a year ago

sunderland

Trolls who hide behind a computer screen need to understand that this kind of behaviour is taken seriously and is NOT on! "

police use social media as evidence in a lot of cases as long as it can be linked directly.

Trolls who hide behind a computer screen need to understand that this kind of behaviour is taken seriously and is NOT on!

police use social media as evidence in a lot of cases as long as it can be linked directly."

So do potential employers

He's only a role model if you choose to let him be one.

What living he decides to do after he gets released providing it doesn't breach the rules(I'm presuming he's on the sexual offenders register) is really his business.

I blame the justice system for this fiasco. Ched Evans is a Rapist. Period. A jury of his peers decided it was so and no amount of whinging by him that he didn't do it will change his conviction unless on a appeal it is overturned. I suspect he has learned his lesson the hard way and will probably not do it again. That is unless he is a sexual predator which is another matter. He looked a bit chastened on his video and he is lucky to have a girlfriend that has stood by him.

He has served time on a sexual offenders wing no doubt and has enjoyed all the fun that that involves mixing with other perverts and I bet it was fun with the non sex offenders if he came across them.

So lets analyse his sentence. He got 5 years and has got out in 2.5

Well he raped a woman and at first glance it does seem remarkably lenient and has given him the opportunity to resume his career. He is probably a good footballer and like most footballers probably carry's his brains in his feet. I ask why didn't he get 10 years like most rapists. In that time he could have appealed and got his conviction quashed. As it is we have the situation where he knew at outset of his sentence that with good behaviour he could be out in half that time so he decided to bide his time, whinge that he didn't do it and then place his club that he worked for in this untenable position.

It may suprise you that I take the view that if he wants to return to football then he should be allowed to do it. That's if anyone will want to play in a team where he is picked. I bet you some other team members will take a view and boycott any team in which he is picked and I bet you there will be opposition team members that will jump on the high moral ground and say they wont play sheffield united if he plays. It'll just take 1 person to set that rabbit off.Will the other team be awarded the 3 points. Gosh wont that be fun for the football league to sort out.

Nope I blame the criminal justice system. He should have got longer. Sorry but the judge got this wrong. Ched Evans is now the victim of a social media lynch mob and we are all falling into their trap. He has terrible things to wrestle with now. He looks like a haunted man. He knows what happened that night. At end of day he was just a stupid twit that got involved in something he now regrets doing and he is whinging about his innocence. A man should know if something is morally right or wrong. he fucked up big time and paid the price handed out by the court which wasn't long enough.

Anecdotally I have been on the end of a whinging twit like him who does something horrible and then tries to blame you for what has happened to them. In the end they get their just deserts and that is what is happening to this guy as a result of a weak criminal justice system that is overwhelmed for whatever reason. What he and his victim is experiencing is actually a result of this weakness. Whatever happens from now on is a result of the weak sentence handed out.

By *icple123Couple  over a year ago

st albans

Don't really know this Evans character, but is he that good a footballer that anyone needs to take him on despite his conviction considering footballers (sadly) are seen as role models??

If his appeal is overturned and his conviction quashed then re think about employing him but it's not like they're afent thousands of other footballers who could take his position instead with out the controversy he brings??

As for Ennis- good on her for sticking to her principles and standing up to be counted.

it was on the news yesterday - some twitter acccounts have been closed down i think as they were threatening her

By *xpresMan  over a year ago

Elland

I'm not in favour of threats I love Jessica Ennis.. but I think she is wrong the guy has served his sentence.

Let out on licence so the courts think he has done his time

By *urboTongue21Man  over a year ago

Walsall

Good for Jess taking a stand (then removing her name from it); problem is soccer has a habit of continuing to employ people who frankly have done wrong and been convicted of a crime - Lee Hughes, Nile Ranger and Marlon King for example. The real issue is at what point does it become morally repugnant for a business to associate itself with criminals? Imagine the fuss if he was a paedophile; but why would or should we differentiate between types of crime. The rehabilitation part I agree should make a difference and so should being sorry.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I'm not in favour of threats I love Jessica Ennis.. but I think she is wrong the guy has served his sentence.

Let out on licence so the courts think he has done his time"

He has served his sentence. No ones disputes that. No one is calling for him to be punished further.

People are asking NOT to be associated with him and that means not having to have him aired publicly or watch him play matches or see him set up as a role model or shoved in peoples faces week after week.

Who wants to watch football and think of rape every time they see him.

You can't put the shine back on dried up shit.

"

You can't put the shine back on dried up shit. "

must remember that saying

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

that the club have allowed him to train with the other team members is crass and poor judgement by whomever took the decision..

they should have maybe told him via a 3rd party that he should keep himself fit etc till the outcome of his appeal and that they would review accordingly..

they have brought this on themselves and put some people in a position they need not have done..

I applaud Ennis, the other men and women and the sponsors who have taken the right and proper stance on this..

By *y2funMan  over a year ago

DUDLEY

yeah they just wrote poison pen letters.........

now I'm a weird fukka by anyone's reckoning.. but why the fuck would you tweet someone in this manor?

Elland

"I'm not in favour of threats I love Jessica Ennis.. but I think she is wrong the guy has served his sentence.

He has served his sentence. No ones disputes that. No one is calling for him to be punished further.

People are asking NOT to be associated with him and that means not having to have him aired publicly or watch him play matches or see him set up as a role model or shoved in peoples faces week after week.

You can't put the shine back on dried up shit. "

You just said he shouldn't be punished further But surely taking away the lads livelihood is punishing him again... If he had been a plumber or a brickie nothing would have been said about his job

It's called money!.

If they make money on it, they do it.

If they don't make money, they don't do it.

The powers in your hands I suggest everyone who dislikes it should cancel their sky sports and tell them why your cancelling.

Footballers are sons of mothers. They live in a strange bubble. They get paid thousands of pounds a week. Train like Billy whizz to keep fit and eat like horses. When not training they must get incredibly bored and go out clubbing and picking up girls. Some of them may believe they are sexual gods and misbehave with old prostitutes in the back of shops

Some of them make terrible judgments and their mothers still carry on loving them no matter what. I've seen this first hand. A mother will stick up for their child through thick and thin. My point is I hope that Mrs Ennis's son is whiter than white and never does anything wrong or makes a bad judgment as she will know what it's like to be a mother or father for that matter to such a child. What goes round comes round. I repeat my argument that the judge gave out the wrong sentence. If he had done his job properly the appeal could have been heard and if quashed there would have been no fuss.

King's Crustacean

You just said he shouldn't be punished further But surely taking away the lads livelihood is punishing him again... If he had been a plumber or a brickie nothing would have been said about his job"

No one but HIMSELF took away his livelihood.

He is NOT the victim here.

He may well suffer further for raping a d*unken woman. Society is like that. He should have had more respect for himself and his job while his dick was hard and the sex easy to get.

He can be a plumber if he wants to retrain or a brickie but I don't want him in the public eye.

Would a rapist teacher get their job back?

A rapist police officer ? doctor ?

DUDLEY

".. If he had been a plumber or a brickie nothing would have been said about his job"

had this conversation with Ang the other night. would you want to know if your plumber or builder had convictions for sex offenses ? should you have the rights to know? should it be law that it is disclosed ?

its an hard question to answer.

King's Crustacean

"It's called money!.

The powers in your hands I suggest everyone who dislikes it should cancel their sky sports and tell them why your cancelling."

King's Crustacean

"Footballers are sons of mothers. They live in a strange bubble. They get paid thousands of pounds a week. Train like Billy whizz to keep fit and eat like horses. When not training they must get incredibly bored and go out clubbing and picking up girls. Some of them may believe they are sexual gods and misbehave with old prostitutes in the back of shops

Some of them make terrible judgments and their mothers still carry on loving them no matter what. I've seen this first hand. A mother will stick up for their child through thick and thin. My point is I hope that Mrs Ennis's son is whiter than white and never does anything wrong or makes a bad judgment as she will know what it's like to be a mother or father for that matter to such a child. What goes round comes round. I repeat my argument that the judge gave out the wrong sentence. If he had done his job properly the appeal could have been heard and if quashed there would have been no fuss. "

You think rape is a bad judgement ?

RAPE ?

The forcing of your cock into a non consensual human being is BAD judgement ?

We are not talking a three year old pulling a cat's tail.

We are talking a grown man with an arrogant disposition and a distaste of women and a feeling of being untouchable.

He's a rapist.

"The facts of his case are that the girl was passed out and he had sex with her. His defence was that she didn't say no even though she had passed out. He is unrepentant about that.

That in my book is rape

I wouldn't want him working with kids. I wouldn't want him as a role model"

I don't know the case details as I avoid any news such as that. However if those are the absolute facts I agree he shouldn't be in a position to work with kids or be a role model.

And it's good that the women are standing up for their beliefs- not just Jessica, at least 2 others have too.

By *lara_JamieCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

No. Faceshite and twatter have provided a lot if nobodies with a voice. X

in Lancashire

"

Some of them make terrible judgments and their mothers still carry on loving them no matter what. I've seen this first hand. A mother will stick up for their child through thick and thin. My point is I hope that Mrs Ennis's son is whiter than white and never does anything wrong or makes a bad judgment as she will know what it's like to be a mother or father for that matter to such a child. What goes round comes round. I repeat my argument that the judge gave out the wrong sentence. If he had done his job properly the appeal could have been heard and if quashed there would have been no fuss. "

what Ennis's mum and brother has to do with this is beyond me, as for what goes round are you serious..?

some sort of bad karma would be ok because Jess Ennis has taken a moral stand ..?

whether the sentence was right or wrong is irrelevant, what's relevant is the here and now with this issue..

as for 'bad judgement'..

'not showing remorse..'

just playing devils advocate here.. he pleaded not guilty.. he was proven by a court to be guilty (still doesnt mean he actually did it, just means that people said he did it)

how would you feel if you genuinely hadnt done something but the public told you they had,, how could you pretend to be remorseful for something you never did? id be well pissed off especially after serving time for it

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

To my mind, I question when has someone served their time? Is it when they are out of chokey, or are they tainted for the rest of their life? At some point, people need to be able to function fully.

There is still a rape victim out there that has been abused by social media and has had to move out of her home over this. Every time the name of Chedwyn Evans hits the headlines she is reminded of what he did. If he wants to continue to play football for a living let him go abroad and do it if any country will take him.

Otherwise he should sink into obscurity

"There is still a rape victim out there that has been abused by social media and has had to move out of her home over this. Every time the name of Chedwyn Evans hits the headlines she is reminded of what he did. If he wants to continue to play football for a living let him go abroad and do it if any country will take him.

Otherwise he should sink into obscurity "

takenn from the BBC website

During the trial, the jury saw video interviews in which the woman, now 20, said she could not remember what happened and feared her drinks were spiked.

She could not remember travelling to the hotel, but woke up in a double bed.

"My clothes were scattered around on the floor," she said.

She couldnt remember the events.. so how can she say she was raped?

DUDLEY

"' id be well pissed off especially after serving time for it "

from what i heard on the radio (radio four I think) there has been a large percentage of support for him throughout this and the victim (we have to go with what the courts have judged to be) has been harassed even further by a large number of people.

rape is nothing but an horrid crime and will remain so. I'm not from the flog um n hang um brigade and I suppose and man should be allowed to work after he has been released. just in such high profile cases this is always going to lead to different opinions from all sides....

maybe it is a wider debate we have to have about rape, its victims, offenders and survivors.

"There is still a rape victim out there that has been abused by social media and has had to move out of her home over this. Every time the name of Chedwyn Evans hits the headlines she is reminded of what he did. If he wants to continue to play football for a living let him go abroad and do it if any country will take him.

Otherwise he should sink into obscurity

takenn from the BBC website

During the trial, the jury saw video interviews in which the woman, now 20, said she could not remember what happened and feared her drinks were spiked.

She could not remember travelling to the hotel, but woke up in a double bed.

"My clothes were scattered around on the floor," she said.

She couldnt remember the events.. so how can she say she was raped? "

Because Evans admitted to having sex with her. She didn't consent. Therefore it's rape.

"

Because Evans admitted to having sex with her. She didn't consent. Therefore it's rape. "

But she might have consented, she just doesnt remember. The report also said there were no injuries (im presuming they did the check down there to see for forced entry)

like i said im just playing DA.. i dont know, only people who know where the 2 gents and the irl in question.

Wonder why the other guy got off with no charges then

Newcastle and Gateshead

the irony that football are saying their hands are tied is laughable when actually under football league rules, he would actually not be allowed to become a director at a football club for having the same conviction under the "fit and proper persons" test.....

it all about "ched" but lets remember that about a dozen of ched's "supporters have the found guilty of violations in her anonimity and threats to her...... to the point when she is the only person ever to be allow in effect "witness protection and relocation" under the grounds of rape.....

she can never go home and to her old life...... meanwhile ched is sleeping in his own bed and looking to go back to his old club........

let that last paragraph sink in.......

"the irony that football are saying their hands are tied is laughable when actually under football league rules, he would actually not be allowed to become a director at a football club for having the same conviction under the "fit and proper persons" test.....

it all about "ched" but lets remember that about a dozen of ched's "supporters have the found guilty of violations in her anonimity and threats to her...... to the point when she is the only person ever to be allow in effect "witness protection and relocation" under the grounds of rape.....

she can never go home and to her old life...... meanwhile ched is sleeping in his own bed and looking to go back to his old club........

let that last paragraph sink in.......

"

of course thats sad, but maybe the name change and location means she wont be publically known as the 'girl who was abused by ched'

frankly id welcome the freedom to try and re build a life if something horrific happened to me

"

Because Evans admitted to having sex with her. She didn't consent. Therefore it's rape.

But she might have consented, she just doesnt remember. The report also said there were no injuries (im presuming they did the check down there to see for forced entry)

like i said im just playing DA.. i dont know, only people who know where the 2 gents and the irl in question.

Wonder why the other guy got off with no charges then "

I think he was convicted (Evans) because it was proven that she was incapable of giving consent.

There was some doubt as to whether she consented with the other chap hence the not guilty verdict.

DUDLEY

"to the point when she is the only person ever to be allow in effect "witness protection and relocation" under the grounds of rape.....

"

didn't know that. poor cow.

By *MaleMan  over a year ago

It's quite simple for me, unless sex is consensual your breaking the law.

I'll also add, blagging a hotel door pass off a hotel receptionist, entering a room where my mate is having consensual sex with a female only to then impose myself on her sexually without consent/invite once my mate finishes isn't my idea of sex/fun/morals/respect.

There's no justice like mob justice like no justice we know. La la la la la.

The whole point of a court and a judge is to remove any personal prejudices, I believe he's free to make a living after being released as a free person(like it or lump it that's the law) and Mrs hill is free to make a stand by removing her name.

The purpose of prison is to rehabilitate and punish and I think that's what's really in question in this case.

What contracts are footballers employed under ?

Isn't bringing the company into disrepute a sackable offence ?

Would being found guilty of rape bring your employer into disrepute if you were in such a public position ?

I am assuming this can't be thd case for footballers then cos any other comoany could have, quite rightly, got rid once the conviction was made and any appeals overturned.

I am thinking the only people to make anything out of this shit storm are lawyers & publicists.

It isn't a fight for a career, it is a fight for notoriety for the many that will make a name for themselves out of this fiasco.

To me, guilty of rape in this position, off ya tottle and sort urself out another job when you get let out.

King's Crustacean

"

I'll also add, blagging a hotel door pass off a hotel receptionist, entering a room where my mate is having consensual sex with a female only to then impose myself on her sexually without consent/invite once my mate finishes isn't my idea of sex/fun/morals/respect.

"

This is what amazes me about the girlfriend sticking by him ...... who the hell wants to hang out with a bloke who goes for seconds on a female who is totally incapable of saying yes or no..

It's just incredulous that some don't see it as rape.

I wonder if she was 'out of it' through a stroke or illness instead of drink , people would finally see what he did instead of viewing the woman as responsible for her own rape because she had some drinks too many.

"

Not all rape leads to damage to the body. This isn't about re-trying him it's about the fact that he IS, at this moment in time, a convicted rapist.

There have been enough threads on here re-trying him and finding him innocent because she can't say one way or another.

Playing devil's advocate, how would you feel if Mr Evans, as a convicted rapist, visited your sick daughter in hospital as part of his team promotions or visited her school? I use these examples as it's the sort of thing that footballers and other sports people do.

If his conviction is overturned then he has a case for resuming his old life, with all its privileges of fame and money. Until then he should be given the same treatment as any convicted criminal with time served. For rape that means some of his work options are limited. I argue that kicking that ball around in front of young children is one of those jobs that would be dubious for a convicted sex offender.

"

This is what amazes me about the girlfriend sticking by him ...... who the hell wants to hang out with a bloke who goes for seconds on a female who is totally incapable of saying yes or no..

It's just incredulous that some don't see it as rape.

I wonder if she was 'out of it' through a stroke or illness instead of drink , people would finally see what he did instead of viewing the woman as responsible for her own rape because she had some drinks too many."

I have been in a similar position to this.

My gf at the time was at Uni.

She invited me over with a friend and we ended up having a bit of a swap up, her with my friend and me with hers.

When we all ended up back at the house, it was obvious that her friend was a bit too far gone for anything to be even enjoyable, let alone consensual.

I'd had more than my far share of booze that night too, but I still knew it was wrong to even touch her intimately, let alone stick my dick in her.

When we were down the club beforehand, we had been intimate, but she was lucid at that point so could make her own mind up.

Back at the house, she wasn't.

It didn't ruin the night. It was what it was. 4 young people enjoying themselves and knowing when to stop.

It's not rocket science.

"Share if you are outraged and think the tweeter should be shot."

Does the poster see the irony of posting a death threat on a forum for the offence of posting threats on a forum

"

Playing devil's advocate, how would you feel if Mr Evans, as a convicted rapist, visited your sick daughter in hospital as part of his team promotions or visited her school? I use these examples as it's the sort of thing that footballers and other sports people do.

"

it would make him a convicted rapist not a paedophille.. so not seeing why the child thing was brought into it.

2ndly i probably wouldnt be aware of his criminal past

3rd i honestly believe people can change and move on from mistakes

4th he's done his time

providing he made my daughter smile as part of this hypothetical visit id just be happy.

"

it would make him a convicted rapist not a paedophille.. so not seeing why the child thing was brought into it.

2ndly i probably wouldnt be aware of his criminal past

3rd i honestly believe people can change and move on from mistakes

4th he's done his time

providing he made my daughter smile as part of this hypothetical visit id just be happy.

"

I believe in the rehabilitation of criminals and that people can change. I have employed ex-offenders and I have worked with them.

However, anyone else on the sex offenders register (not just paedophiles) would not be given the opportunity to make your daughter smile. He is being treated differently.

North West

"Share if you are outraged and think the tweeter should be shot.

Does the poster see the irony of posting a death threat on a forum for the offence of posting threats on a forum "

That was the general idea. Well done for picking it up

"

However, anyone else on the sex offenders register (not just paedophiles) would not be given the opportunity to make your daughter smile. He is being treated differently.

"

He'd not get passed a DBS check thats for sure.

By *itzWoman  over a year ago

south wales

"

Is that you Judy Finnegan?

"

Is that you Judy Finnegan?"

er nope..

"It's called money!.

The powers in your hands I suggest everyone who dislikes it should cancel their sky sports and tell them why your cancelling."

Were talking about a 3rd division player here....not a star by any means.

south wales

"

The law says if you intoxicated you do not have the ability to consent.

This is what i understand of the case from the media reporting, although obviously all of the details are only discussed in court and i was not there to hear it.

They met the girl in a pizza shop where she was so d*unk she litterly fell into Ched and his mate. After chatting she got into a taxi with Cheds mate and went to his hotel room. Ched was going home with his other 2 mates (or had actually got there) when his mate texted him to say he had got a bird or words to that effect. Ched and his 2 mates then went to the hotel, univited. Ched blagged the room key and let himself into the room where the girl (who was then a teenager) were having sex and asked if he could join them. The other 2 mates were outside trying to film the action through the window. Cheds mate finished and left to wait for Ched in reception while Ched had sex with her. They all then left the hotel, telling reception to keep an eye on the girl due to her condition which surely shows they knew how intoxicated she was.

south wales

[Removed by poster at 15/11/14 17:04:16]

south wales

Very recently the victims assumed identity has been discovered and broadcast on social media. She will have to go through the whole process yet again.

south wales

"that the club have allowed him to train with the other team members is crass and poor judgement by whomever took the decision..

they should have maybe told him via a 3rd party that he should keep himself fit etc till the outcome of his appeal and that they would review accordingly..

they have brought this on themselves and put some people in a position they need not have done..

I applaud Ennis, the other men and women and the sponsors who have taken the right and proper stance on this..

"

I think the FPA approached Sheffield and asked them to let him train there until the outcome of his appeal. They approached Sheffield United as this was the last club he was registered to. I agree though, im sure they didnt have to do it.

Going to the football is a family day out for many. The kids idolise the players so this puts them into the position of role model. Ched Evans is a convicted sex offender. I also applaud the sponsors that have pulled out.

The publicly reported events of this case are messy, but it is a situation we have all probably faced in some form or another and hopefully someone was sober enough to walk away.

Personally I don't think it warrants the death sentence, and punishment has been applied, that should be an end to it. No reason why he should never be allowed to work in his profession again except to satisfy the thirst of a lynch mob mentality stirred by the media.

A match was played last season between leyton Orient and Port Vale and there were three players who were responsible for four deaths playing.

south wales

"

er nope.. "

sorry about that, it was uncalled for and not at all like me.

Yes, they were called journalists, especially the ones who worked for the s#n.

"The publicly reported events of this case are messy, but it is a situation we have all probably faced in some form or another and hopefully someone was sober enough to walk away.

Personally I don't think it warrants the death sentence, and punishment has been applied, that should be an end to it. No reason why he should never be allowed to work in his profession again except to satisfy the thirst of a lynch mob mentality stirred by the media."

"A match was played last season between leyton Orient and Port Vale and there were three players who were responsible for four deaths playing. "

Is there something endemically wrong with football?

"Is there something endemically wrong with football?

"

Yes

you annoy me by saying I said the judgment was wrong. If you read my previous thread which clearly you did not I said the sentence handed out was too light. Yes what he did is rape. I criticised the judge for being too lenient and causing the problem we have now. grrrrrrr. social media for you. People taking soundbites and quotes out of contect. Read what I said previously before jumping on high moral ground and say I said he's not guilty. Yep he's guilty and if jury says he is then he should have been more banged to rights than he was.

"A match was played last season between leyton Orient and Port Vale and there were three players who were responsible for four deaths playing.

"

Yes, I believe there is. Although as you pointed out earlier a lot of charity work is done by clubs , but the desire to win at all costs has left the sport with no morals at all. A club will employ anyone if they believe he will win them a match regardless of the crime they commited.

"A match was played last season between leyton Orient and Port Vale and there were three players who were responsible for four deaths playing.

"

Yes, it's played mostly by men. Women's footy is so much better, and England's women's team do so much better

King's Crustacean

"

er nope..

sorry about that, it was uncalled for and not at all like me. "

Shame on you. I laughed.

By *carineMan  over a year ago

Armthorpe, Doncaster

``You can't put the shine back on dried up shit.``

Oh, i don`t know. Peter Stringfellow seems to have done a good jobby on his face.

"

The law says if you intoxicated you do not have the ability to consent.

This is what i understand of the case from the media reporting, although obviously all of the details are only discussed in court and i was not there to hear it.

They met the girl in a pizza shop where she was so d*unk she litterly fell into Ched and his mate. After chatting she got into a taxi with Cheds mate and went to his hotel room. Ched was going home with his other 2 mates (or had actually got there) when his mate texted him to say he had got a bird or words to that effect. Ched and his 2 mates then went to the hotel, univited. Ched blagged the room key and let himself into the room where the girl (who was then a teenager) were having sex and asked if he could join them. The other 2 mates were outside trying to film the action through the window. Cheds mate finished and left to wait for Ched in reception while Ched had sex with her. They all then left the hotel, telling reception to keep an eye on the girl due to her condition which surely shows they knew how intoxicated she was."

He admits to all of that yet his girlfriend's family are bankrolling his appeal...

His actions that night are worthy only of complete and utter contempt.

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

maybe if they take jessicas name off it they can rename it "the ched evens one night stand "

"His actions that night are worthy only of complete and utter contempt. "

An inexperienced d*unk girl tells an inexperienced d*unk man she is up for a GG night, he calls his mates who are also d*unk and one of them goes through with it. Stupid Yes most certainly, but complete and utter contempt? not so sure

North West

"you annoy me by saying I said the judgment was wrong. If you read my previous thread which clearly you did not I said the sentence handed out was too light. Yes what he did is rape. I criticised the judge for being too lenient and causing the problem we have now. grrrrrrr. social media for you. People taking soundbites and quotes out of contect. Read what I said previously before jumping on high moral ground and say I said he's not guilty. Yep he's guilty and if jury says he is then he should have been more banged to rights than he was."

From the original report of that day in court....

"In sentencing him to five years in prison the judge said: "The complainant was 19 years of age and was extremely intoxicated. CCTV footage shows, in my view, the extent of her intoxication when she stumbled into your friend. As the jury have found, she was in no condition to have sexual intercourse....

The judge said the sentence took into account that there had been no force involved and the complainant received no injuries.

He also said the complainant was not "targeted" and the attack had not been "premeditated".

The reason that people are questioning the verdict is because CCTV actually shows the opposite of what the Judge had said and also if the Judge has said that she was in no condition to have sex how come the other was found not guilty?

As for your comments about the sentence, it appears that you are happy to take on the jury's verdict but not the Judge's part in the matter? I think that all of Evans defence team would willingly have swapped that Judge out but then the verdict may have been very different.

North West

"maybe if they take jessicas name off it they can rename it "the ched evens one night stand ""

Cheeky and funny... I am going to steal that.

"His actions that night are worthy only of complete and utter contempt.

An inexperienced d*unk girl tells an inexperienced d*unk man she is up for a GG night, he calls his mates who are also d*unk and one of them goes through with it. Stupid Yes most certainly, but complete and utter contempt? not so sure"

But that's not what happened is it? His friend texted him that he 'had a bird'. Evans then off his own accord went to the hotel, lied to the doorstaff to get in to the hotel and room. While his other friends watched from outside. They then left her there and told the hotel staff to check on her because she was so out if it.

All of this is FACT. Evans has denied none of it. So tell me which part isn't utterly contemptable?

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

This subject came up on Question time last thursday night. They were saying that there could be a review of the case in light of Ched Evans defence team having new evidence. Don't think this case is over with yet so will have to wait and see what the new evidence is?

If Ched Evans is to be banned from football should players like Lee Hughes and Marlon King also have been banned after what they did? Marlon King has had 2 chances, once for hitting a girl in a nightclub and now he's serving a prison sentence for dangerous driving. Lee Hughes caused someones death through drink driving. Where do you draw the line in the sand?

"But that's not what happened is it? "

Nobody knows, that's the point. I read things on these forums most days that if put in front of a moralistic judge and media would be considered abhorrent sexual behaviour worthy of the sexual offenders list. Bottom line is details are sketchy, the girl was d*unk but able to walk unassisted and nobody really knows what happened including those involved as they were all inebriated. I still stand by my comment that he has been sentenced, will do his time or get the sentence changed and that should be an end to it.

"This subject came up on Question time last thursday night. They were saying that there could be a review of the case in light of Ched Evans defence team having new evidence. Don't think this case is over with yet so will have to wait and see what the new evidence is?

If Ched Evans is to be banned from football should players like Lee Hughes and Marlon King also have been banned after what they did? Marlon King has had 2 chances, once for hitting a girl in a nightclub and now he's serving a prison sentence for dangerous driving. Lee Hughes caused someones death through drink driving. Where do you draw the line in the sand?"

I return to my question about something endemically wrong in the football industry.

"But that's not what happened is it?

Nobody knows, that's the point. I read things on these forums most days that if put in front of a moralistic judge and media would be considered abhorrent sexual behaviour worthy of the sexual offenders list. Bottom line is details are sketchy, the girl was d*unk but able to walk unassisted and nobody really knows what happened including those involved as they were all inebriated. I still stand by my comment that he has been sentenced, will do his time or get the sentence changed and that should be an end to it."

What do you mean 'nobody knows'?

This was all evidence in court. Read the case notes (they are online just google R v Chedwyn Evans).

The joys of keyboard warriors!! They don't have the balls to confront people face to face, so have to hide behind a screen

south wales

"

er nope..

Shame on you. I laughed."

I am embarrassed because i reacted wrongly. I saw red, and i dont know if that would have been worse if the comment had come from a man. Rape is many, many things. In my view the law, on this issue, is becoming more enlightened, and going away from the idea that rape is characterised by violence and 'forced entry'. Men and women should take care of themselves and others by realising what is, and could be, rape.

"

er nope..

Shame on you. I laughed.

I am embarrassed because i reacted wrongly. I saw red, and i dont know if that would have been worse if the comment had come from a man. Rape is many, many things. In my view the law, on this issue, is becoming more enlightened, and going away from the idea that rape is characterised by violence and 'forced entry'. Men and women should take care of themselves and others by realising what is, and could be, rape. "

It's very good of you to actually admit emotion got the better off you on the internet, surprisingly it gets the better off most people they just don't have your humility to admit it.

south wales

"The publicly reported events of this case are messy, but it is a situation we have all probably faced in some form or another and hopefully someone was sober enough to walk away.

Personally I don't think it warrants the death sentence, and punishment has been applied, that should be an end to it. No reason why he should never be allowed to work in his profession again except to satisfy the thirst of a lynch mob mentality stirred by the media."

I'll just grab my burning torch and pitchfork shall I?

All the details I have stated from the case are provable by CCTV footage, mobile phone records and a witness statement from the hotel receptionist. I did miss the fact that Evans left the hotel using the fire escape. I have read quite a lot about this case.

I do agree that people should be able to go on the lead productive lives after serving their time, but their are many professions that one simply cant just step back into. Would an MP get any votes? Would a solicitor have any clients?

I guess we will all have to wait for the outcome of the appeal. If he is found to be guilty and still not repentent, would you still be happy for him to resume his post?

I don't know why the FA doesn't simply state that anyone on the sex offenders list is not allowed to play professional football. Can you imagine your daughter is a mascot at a game and has to walk out holding hands with a convicted rapist???

" would you still be happy for him to resume his post?"

It genuinely doesn't bother me if he ever plays football again, if he does 5 years he probably never will be back in the game by the time he gets out and back to match fitness he will be to old anyway.

What does bother me is the "extra" punishment called for beyond the court imposed time. As I said back up there somewhere there are doggers flashers and other sexual offenders posting all the time on these forums, though they do get called out from time to time I have not seen anyone calling for them to be sacked and made unemployable.

south wales

" would you still be happy for him to resume his post?

It genuinely doesn't bother me if he ever plays football again, if he does 5 years he probably never will be back in the game by the time he gets out and back to match fitness he will be to old anyway.

What does bother me is the "extra" punishment called for beyond the court imposed time. As I said back up there somewhere there are doggers flashers and other sexual offenders posting all the time on these forums, though they do get called out from time to time I have not seen anyone calling for them to be sacked and made unemployable. "

This thread started a discussion between myself and my OH last night, dogging being a sexual offence, the legality of what is termed a 'sexual offence' and being able to list dogging on ones fab profile as an interest were some of our topics. Following the Spanner case, will BDSM become a sexual offence? Based on consent, I wouldnt personally put doggers and flashers in the same category, and i wouldnt put either in the same category as a rapist but that is just my view. It is good to discuss and explore these issues.

if you followed the story, makes no sense why only one of the two guys who had sex with the woman were prosecuted when the evidence was she was mortally d*unk at the club on cctv.

"if you followed the story, makes no sense why only one of the two guys who had sex with the woman were prosecuted when the evidence was she was mortally d*unk at the club on cctv.

"

If you'd followed the story you'd kknow that both of them were prosecuted but the other one was acquitted

Also staff said they heard nothing

sure the other guy involved is still playing football wheres the petition to stop him

in Lancashire

"

What does bother me is the "extra" punishment called for beyond the court imposed time. As I said back up there somewhere there are doggers flashers and other sexual offenders posting all the time on these forums, though they do get called out from time to time I have not seen anyone calling for them to be sacked and made unemployable. "

there are many professions whereby a conviction for some of the above will result in dismissal under gross misconduct..

goes with the territory of those jobs in our society that there are expectations of certain levels of behaviour..

"if you followed the story, makes no sense why only one of the two guys who had sex with the woman were prosecuted when the evidence was she was mortally d*unk at the club on cctv.

If you'd followed the story you'd kknow that both of them were prosecuted but the other one was acquitted"

Makes no sense at all to me, if this girl couldnt stabd in the club like the judge said and was in no fit state to consent as a result, both should have been sentenced.

Exactly!! The poster who answered me tried to say it wasn't really serious and could be ignored. you can't be prosecuted for things you say on Twitter that don't break the law.

Im all in favour of Mrs hills right to remove her name from said stand but then I'm also in favour or Mr Evans making a living after being released from prison. I'm not in favour of his short sentence and I'm not in favour of tweets of this nature. But i would also add it's hardly the crime of the century and more childish name calling."

Here here.. I think jess needs to get a grip, I hope none of her family ever makes a mistake or finds themselves the wrong side of the law, and if they do find themselves isolated by society having paid there dues!!!! Everyone deserves a second chance ?

Exactly!! The poster who answered me tried to say it wasn't really serious and could be ignored. you can't be prosecuted for things you say on Twitter that don't break the law.

Im all in favour of Mrs hills right to remove her name from said stand but then I'm also in favour or Mr Evans making a living after being released from prison. I'm not in favour of his short sentence and I'm not in favour of tweets of this nature. But i would also add it's hardly the crime of the century and more childish name calling.

Here here.. I think jess needs to get a grip, I hope none of her family ever makes a mistake or finds themselves the wrong side of the law, and if they do find themselves isolated by society having paid there dues!!!! Everyone deserves a second chance ?"

I don't get the link between her removing her name from the stand and hoping her family are whiter than white.

By *onestjohn1962Man  over a year ago

Sheffield

Here here.. I think jess needs to get a grip, I hope none of her family ever makes a mistake or finds themselves the wrong side of the law, and if they do find themselves isolated by society having paid there dues!!!! Everyone deserves a second chance ?"

Convicted rapists should not be allowed to flounce about on a football pitch and act as role models to the rest of the kids who idolise professional players. End of.

And if the cowardly twatter who upset the lovely Jess wants to take this up with me personally I will happily give him my phone number.

"Also staff said they heard nothing

sure the other guy involved is still playing football wheres the petition to stop him"

He's not a convicted rapist.

sure the other guy involved is still playing football wheres the petition to stop him

He's not a convicted rapist. "

Dont give a shit he did the exact same thing...they both nobbed her

and

rolemodels in football might wanna get rid of half of um then .... As said previously by someone else wife beaters ... Plus serial cheaters ... N im sure others have been accused of this but obviously only a conviction matters which shows in this case how daft that is.... Hope my sons dont take any footballer as a rolemodel

in Lancashire

"

Here here.. I think jess needs to get a grip, I hope none of her family ever makes a mistake or finds themselves the wrong side of the law, and if they do find themselves isolated by society having paid there dues!!!! Everyone deserves a second chance ?

I don't get the link between her removing her name from the stand and hoping her family are whiter than white. "

ditto, someone else previously made a similar comment about Ennis's family members..

until the case is reviewed either way the guy is a convicted rapist under the law of the land, (yes we don't have a perfect justice system and mistakes occur) and whatever folks views are on this or that about the events that's the bottom line..

"Hope my sons dont take any footballer as a rolemodel"

Hopefully you're making sure they don't.

and

rolemodels in football might wanna get rid of half of um then .... As said previously by someone else wife beaters ... Plus serial cheaters ... N im sure others have been accused of this but obviously only a conviction matters which shows in this case how daft that is.... Hope my sons dont take any footballer as a rolemodel"

According to the judge and jury they both didn't do the same thing. One nobbed her without consent.

Convicted rapists should not be allowed to flounce about on a football pitch and act as role models to the rest of the kids who idolise professional players. End of.

And if the cowardly twatter who upset the lovely Jess wants to take this up with me personally I will happily give him my phone number."

I will agree with you about the twitter situation.. But let's say you have a brush with the law, does that mean you can't work again in you're chosen career, I feel for chad because he hasn't followed the girl down a dark alley bashed her over the head ripped her clothes off and then raped her.. Instead from what I have read she found herself in a hotel room with two guys and the rest is history.. And we truly feel for the girl.. But who hasn't woke up in the morning and thought I can't believe I did that!!! But any way she logged a complaint and it went to court and he was sentenced prison served half of his sentence, let the lad get on with his life he's done his time!!!

and

rolemodels in football might wanna get rid of half of um then .... As said previously by someone else wife beaters ... Plus serial cheaters ... N im sure others have been accused of this but obviously only a conviction matters which shows in this case how daft that is.... Hope my sons dont take any footballer as a rolemodel"

I'm confused what is daft about this case?

and

rolemodels in football might wanna get rid of half of um then .... As said previously by someone else wife beaters ... Plus serial cheaters ... N im sure others have been accused of this but obviously only a conviction matters which shows in this case how daft that is.... Hope my sons dont take any footballer as a rolemodel

According to the judge and jury they both didn't do the same thing. One nobbed her without consent. "

Q2. How was it possible for Clayton McDonald and Ched Evans both charged with an identical crime on the same ‘complainant’, to be acquitted and convicted on the same evidence?

A. The answer is known only to the Jury who heard evidence from the complainant who stated that she could remember nothing bar a short period of time in the kebab shop – the complainant in her evidence did not remember meeting either Clayton or Ched or having sexual activity with them.  The prosecution’s case was that she was too d*unk to consent with either but logic dictates that the complainant must have been more sober with Ched than Clayton due to the passage of time.

This being quoted by official ched evans site

"

I will agree with you about the twitter situation.. But let's say you have a brush with the law, does that mean you can't work again in you're chosen career, I feel for chad because he hasn't followed the girl down a dark alley bashed her over the head ripped her clothes off and then raped her.. Instead from what I have read she found herself in a hotel room with two guys and the rest is history.. And we truly feel for the girl.. But who hasn't woke up in the morning and thought I can't believe I did that!!! But any way she logged a complaint and it went to court and he was sentenced prison served half of his sentence, let the lad get on with his life he's done his time!!! "

Being convicted of rape is hardly 'a brush with the law'. And I'm lost for words that you feel sympathy for him because he never physically assaulted her. Seriously? just because the circumstances could have been worse, it doesn't make this any more acceptable

You do know how she found herself in the room don't you? And how Evans came to be there?

"This being quoted by official ched evans site

"

Because that will be impartial. How about reading a summary of the trail, and the evidence presented. Google r v Chedwyn Evans as the link isn;t a permitted one

Same laws apply to fab too some topics and posts are sometime bordering on slander and libellous.

"it was on the news yesterday - some twitter acccounts have been closed down i think as they were threatening her"

Yer she got rape threats , poor girl ,

"I feel for chad because he hasn't followed the girl down a dark alley bashed her over the head ripped her clothes off and then raped her.. Instead from what I have read she found herself in a hotel room with two guys and the rest is history.."

The reason why date rape as a crime is STILL not taken seriously is because people think rape can only be between strangers, can only be violent, and can only be done down dark alleys. Rape can be in your own bedroom with a bloke you know, after nothing but a cup of coffee.

She didn't actually accuse them of rape though....

When questioned in the police station it should be noted that neither of the accused had ejaculated during sex as a result of which the police had no forensic evidence to link either man to the sexual act, nor did the police have a complaint of rape. Regardless of this, both men gave a full account of their actions to the police. On 26th July 2011 the police charged both Clayton and Ched with rape

Because that will be impartial. How about reading a summary of the trail, and the evidence presented. Google r v Chedwyn Evans as the link isn;t a permitted one"

The review of the case and why an appeal was rejected should be read before people start quoting from the self serving Ched Evans website.

[Removed by poster at 16/11/14 19:49:43]

Because that will be impartial. How about reading a summary of the trail, and the evidence presented. Google r v Chedwyn Evans as the link isn;t a permitted one

The review of the case and why an appeal was rejected should be read before people start quoting from the self serving Ched Evans website. "

Every thread on this topic I've mentioned where those notes can be found online. Yet it is clear that many of his apologists would rather post from a position of complete ignorance of the actual facts that were quoted in the trial or just use his site as a source of totally biased information

south wales

Same laws apply to fab too some topics and posts are sometime bordering on slander and libellous."

I agree with you, and am guilty of this. I have since noticed 2 errors in my original statement that are incorrect. From the court transcripts, Mcdonald bumped into the girl alone as he had become separated from Evans and his 2 other friends. Also it was Mcdonald who told reception in the hotel to keep an eye on the girl. I apologise for my earlier error and will be more careful what i say in future.

"I best back track all the dudes I fucked while d*unk and woke up to next day and couldn't remember fucking them...."

You are assuming that the victim has the same morals as you. Which isn't meant to sound judgemental but not everyone fucks people while too d*unk to remember it.

"I best back track all the dudes I fucked while d*unk and woke up to next day and couldn't remember fucking them....

You are assuming that the victim has the same morals as you. Which isn't meant to sound judgemental but not everyone fucks people while too d*unk to remember it.

"

Doesn't matter what morals she has anyway. If what has been said above is true then it was the police who decided there was enough evidence to go forward without an accusation from the woman. As he got convicted I assume the police were, quite possibly, correct.

The review of the case and why an appeal was rejected should be read before people start quoting from the self serving Ched Evans website.

Every thread on this topic I've mentioned where those notes can be found online. Yet it is clear that many of his apologists would rather post from a position of complete ignorance of the actual facts that were quoted in the trial or just use his site as a source of totally biased information"

I have read it....

BUT that still doesn't claryify to me why this happened:

The applicant (a footballer) was convicted of rape and sentenced to five years' imprisonment.

A co-defendant, McDonald, was charged with rape on the same girl. He was acquitted by the jury.

"I best back track all the dudes I fucked while d*unk and woke up to next day and couldn't remember fucking them....

Doesn't matter what morals she has anyway. If what has been said above is true then it was the police who decided there was enough evidence to go forward without an accusation from the woman. As he got convicted I assume the police were, quite possibly, correct."

No of course it doesn;t matter what her morals are. I was more trying to highlight the irrelevance of the post I was quoting

Every thread on this topic I've mentioned where those notes can be found online. Yet it is clear that many of his apologists would rather post from a position of complete ignorance of the actual facts that were quoted in the trial or just use his site as a source of totally biased information

I have read it....

BUT that still doesn't claryify to me why this happened:

The applicant (a footballer) was convicted of rape and sentenced to five years' imprisonment.

A co-defendant, McDonald, was charged with rape on the same girl. He was acquitted by the jury.

"

It was quite clear from the judges review why he believed the jury was within its rights to find different verdicts for the 2 accused.

Doesn't matter what morals she has anyway. If what has been said above is true then it was the police who decided there was enough evidence to go forward without an accusation from the woman. As he got convicted I assume the police were, quite possibly, correct."

My only problem in this instance is why the hell the other guy wasn't convicted the woman had already stated she couldn't remember sleeping with either and both had admitted to sleeping with her....

My own opinion really doesn't matter he was convicted but I can't see why people are raging at him returning to football when the other guy has....

Doesn't matter what morals she has anyway. If what has been said above is true then it was the police who decided there was enough evidence to go forward without an accusation from the woman. As he got convicted I assume the police were, quite possibly, correct.

My only problem in this instance is why the hell the other guy wasn't convicted the woman had already stated she couldn't remember sleeping with either and both had admitted to sleeping with her....

My own opinion really doesn't matter he was convicted but I can't see why people are raging at him returning to football when the other guy has.... "

There will have been a reason. Better evidence, better witness statements, even the other guy having a better defence lawyer. The innocence of one doesn't disprove the guilt of another.

My own opinion really doesn't matter he was convicted but I can't see why people are raging at him returning to football when the other guy has.... "

Maybe because the co-accused was acquitted?

My own opinion really doesn't matter he was convicted but I can't see why people are raging at him returning to football when the other guy has....

Maybe because the co-accused was acquitted?

"

Yes like I said I've read the case trials.... I can't see the difference.

Someone gunna get the petition going for marlon king?

it was the police who decided there was enough evidence to go forward without an accusation from the woman. As he got convicted I assume the police were, quite possibly, correct.

Of course the police never convict innocent people do they? I'd say look into the case at the facts. I'm guessing many people are swayed by the press without having or knowing the full facts

"it was the police who decided there was enough evidence to go forward without an accusation from the woman. As he got convicted I assume the police were, quite possibly, correct.

Of course the police never convict innocent people do they? I'd say look into the case at the facts. I'm guessing many people are swayed by the press without having or knowing the full facts"

A judge and a jury have looked at the facts and convicted. A second judge has reviewed the case and found the conviction to be sound.

The issue therefore is should a convicted rapist be allowed to play professional football. My personal opinion is that someone who is on the sex offenders list should not be allowed to play professional football, in the same way as they can't teach etc. It is a personal opinion which some may disagree with but a line has to be drawn somewhere and if young professional footballers were aware that their behaviour could result in the loss of their profession, perhaps it might encourage a better standard of behaviour.

The facts are

The victim went back to the hotel with one of the defendants

Sex took place

Whether there was consent or not cannot be ascertained beyond reasonable doubt, therefore verdict of not guilty

The second defendant Chedwyn Evans by means of fraud and deception obtained a room key and used it to break in to the hotel room (no other way to describe it).

He then (through his own description of events) had non consensual sex with the victim.

He was found guilty as charged of rape.

As a sex crime he is now on the sex offenders register which means he will no longer pass a CRB check. Which means he cannot come into contact with children through work either paid or voluntary

Footballers often come into contact with children through community schemes ran by clubs

Therefore he should not be employed as a footballer .

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Im not defending him in anyway.

He was found guilty.

He has always contested his innocence still to this date, this is why he has shown no remorse.

The only bit I like in this is consistancy, people should take that into account.

My final thought:

No, he shouldnt become a professional footballer again as its a bit differnt to most other jobs.

People shouldnt be able to sing his name or put posters of him up on their wall.

Cardiff

"The facts are

Sex took place

Whether there was consent or not cannot be ascertained beyond reasonable doubt, therefore verdict of not guilty

The second defendant Chedwyn Evans by means of fraud and deception obtained a room key and used it to break in to the hotel room (no other way to describe it).

He then (through his own description of events) had non consensual sex with the victim.

As a sex crime he is now on the sex offenders register which means he will no longer pass a CRB check. Which means he cannot come into contact with children through work either paid or voluntary

Footballers often come into contact with children through community schemes ran by clubs

Therefore he should not be employed as a footballer . "

Have you got a link for those facts as Id be interested in reading about the facts and the case

"The facts are

Sex took place

Have you got a link for those facts as Id be interested in reading about the facts and the case"

Google r vs Chedwyn Evans and you'll find the case summary

Cardiff

"The facts are

Sex took place

Have you got a link for those facts as Id be interested in reading about the facts and the case

Google r vs Chedwyn Evans and you'll find the case summary"

Thank you.

Im about half way though

https://www.crimeline.info/case/r-v-ched-evans-chedwyn-evans

Correct me if I'm wrong, I dont fully understand all the terms.

She told Ched Evans to go down on her after Mcdonald stopped fucking her?

Thats putting it bluntly I know, but in terms I understand.

Sheffield United have retracted their offer to allow the rapist Ched Evans to train with them.

"Sheffield United have retracted their offer to allow the rapist Ched Evans to train with them. "

That is good news.

"Sheffield United have retracted their offer to allow the rapist Ched Evans to train with them.

That is good news.

"

But on the same day Wigan have employed the racist anti semite Malky Mackay.

"Sheffield United have retracted their offer to allow the rapist Ched Evans to train with them.

That is good news.

But on the same day Wigan have employed the racist anti semite Malky Mackay. "

FFS! What is it with these bloody football people?

That is good news.

But on the same day Wigan have employed the racist anti semite Malky Mackay.

FFS! What is it with these bloody football people?"

One of Wigan's main sponsors have said that are not renewing their contract.

By *ittykate84Woman  over a year ago

CHESTER

I think its wrong that she has received messages like this.. However i think its wrong to say what she did at the moment.. Yes he was convicted but convicted does not mean guilty. The opinion of 12 people does not categorically mean you are guilty!

I think there is a lot more to this story than anyone else knows so I for one am not goint to say what he is or isnt guilty of and i think a lot of people forget that!

Thats just my opinion as unfortunately there seems to be a lot of people in prison wrongly because of a Jury

in Lancashire

"I think its wrong that she has received messages like this.. However i think its wrong to say what she did at the moment.. Yes he was convicted but convicted does not mean guilty. The opinion of 12 people does not categorically mean you are guilty!

I think there is a lot more to this story than anyone else knows so I for one am not goint to say what he is or isnt guilty of and i think a lot of people forget that!

Thats just my opinion as unfortunately there seems to be a lot of people in prison wrongly because of a Jury"

He is at this moment guilty of rape..

until the appeal is heard that's how it is and that's after due process with 12 people deciding so after they have seen the evidence..

yes miscarriages of justice do occur..

"I think its wrong that she has received messages like this.. However i think its wrong to say what she did at the moment.. Yes he was convicted but convicted does not mean guilty. The opinion of 12 people does not categorically mean you are guilty!

Thats just my opinion as unfortunately there seems to be a lot of people in prison wrongly because of a Jury"

I think you'll find in the eyes of the law he is guilty of rape therefore a rapist.

CHESTER

Thats just my opinion as unfortunately there seems to be a lot of people in prison wrongly because of a Jury

until the appeal is heard that's how it is and that's after due process with 12 people deciding so after they have seen the evidence..

"

Convicted is different to guilty thats all im saying

Convicted is different to guilty thats all im saying "

But is the answer to treat everyone convicted as though they are innocent? We might as well agree to dispense with the criminal justice system completely.

Newcastle and Gateshead

" Yes he was convicted but convicted does not mean guilty. The opinion of 12 people does not categorically mean you are guilty!

so if the decision had gone the other way and he was found "not guilty" would you also be saying "The opinion of 12 people does not categorically mean you are innocent! "

in fact those 12 jurors saw more evidence than any other people..... more than any one else bleating about it....

they found him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in the eyes of the law based on the evidence presented before them.....

so please... until an appeal is heard, please don't be an apologist for him.....

" Yes he was convicted but convicted does not mean guilty. The opinion of 12 people does not categorically mean you are guilty!

so if the decision had gone the other way and he was found "not guilty" would you also be saying "The opinion of 12 people does not categorically mean you are innocent! "

in fact those 12 jurors saw more evidence than any other people..... more than any one else bleating about it....

they found him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in the eyes of the law based on the evidence presented before them.....

so please... until an appeal is heard, please don't be an apologist for him.....

"

And let's not forget an appeal has already been refused while he was in custody

That is good news.

But on the same day Wigan have employed the racist anti semite Malky Mackay. "

you forgot homophobe

CHESTER

"

I am not being an apologist what i am saying is far to many people are going on a witch hunt.. We should remain impartial during the appeal..

CHESTER

But is the answer to treat everyone convicted as though they are innocent? We might as well agree to dispense with the criminal justice system completely.

"

When the evidence is vague and not clear cut yes i like proper evidence that cannot be refuted

Elland

You just said he shouldn't be punished further But surely taking away the lads livelihood is punishing him again... If he had been a plumber or a brickie nothing would have been said about his job

He may well suffer further for raping a d*unken woman. Society is like that. He should have had more respect for himself and his job while his dick was hard and the sex easy to get.

He can be a plumber if he wants to retrain or a brickie but I don't want him in the public eye.

"

Bullshit she went to bed with a guy d*unk or not they were both pissed.. he isn't a rapist he is a victim of who he is

I am not being an apologist what i am saying is far to many people are going on a witch hunt.. We should remain impartial during the appeal.. "

He has been convicted. An appeal was refused while he was inside. He has shown no remorse. How is this a witch hunt?

Bullshit she went to bed with a guy d*unk or not they were both pissed.. he isn't a rapist he is a victim of who he is"

But she didn't go to bed with him. He turned up uninvited and lied to doorstaff to get in to the hotel

It never ceases to amaze me how many people that defend him don't actually know the most basic facts about what he did that night

in Lancashire

Bullshit she went to bed with a guy d*unk or not they were both pissed.. he isn't a rapist he is a victim of who he is"

under the same circumstances both you or I or anyone else would also be of the same at this time..

not because of whom we are, because of the evidence and the juries decision based on that..

When the evidence is vague and not clear cut yes i like proper evidence that cannot be refuted "

What evidence was vague?

By *luezuluMan  over a year ago

Suffolk

Sheff Utd have now said they wont be signing him again