FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Ed Miliband

Ed Miliband

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Potentially good PM or calamitous liability?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

I look at all 3 of the 'main' parties and also farage and I think they have not got the foggiest idea..

maybe we do get the politicians we deserve..?

"I look at all 3 of the 'main' parties and also farage and I think they have not got the foggiest idea..

maybe we do get the politicians we deserve..?"

I don't feel represented by any of them.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"I look at all 3 of the 'main' parties and also farage and I think they have not got the foggiest idea..

maybe we do get the politicians we deserve..?"

We have. We want middle of the road and that is what we have.

I don't vote on Strictly and Judy is still in. Can I complain that Judy hasn't been booted out when I have done nothing about changing things.

I have always said the wrong brother got in but I wasn't involved in that vote either.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Potentially good PM or calamitous liability?"

A disastrous prospect!

Aside for the fact that every successive Labour government since the second world war has over spent and over taxed and ruined our economy....

He won't give the people of the nation a say on European membership.

Reckons he can sort out the NHS, despite the fact that in Wales, where it is run by Labour, the NHS is in crisis.

With Ed Balls, was adviser to Gordon Brown and Alistair Darling during their tenures as chancellor - proving he had NO idea about running a successful economy.

Would have paid the 1.7 billion to the EU without question.

Apart from all that, he just looks out of his depth all of the time.

By *ucky1Man  over a year ago

a straightjacket

Milliband is a joke, god help us if he gets the hotseat.... I'd feel happier with Gordon the gopher in charge

"

I don't feel represented by any of them. "

Neither do i.

"Milliband is a joke, god help us if he gets the hotseat.... I'd feel happier with Gordon the gopher in charge "

Or Kermit the Frog. Oh no scrub that, Kermit probably wouldn't be able to stand as he's American.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

I don't vote on Strictly and Judy is still in. Can I complain that Judy hasn't been booted out when I have done nothing about changing things.

I have always said the wrong brother got in but I wasn't involved in that vote either.

"

my point abut getting whom we deserve was more about the appalling apathy and lack of participation and yes I would agree we have by and large mostly huddled around the centre..

I personally believe it should be compulsory to vote, we take the privilege far too lightly..

ditto on the brother..

I hoped this was a RIP

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I'm not sure Ed is the man. I voted for David (and I'm not unconvinced he's gone for ever) but I still think Labour will win in 2015 - more due to the difficulties being faced by others than any brilliance on our part.

Somewhat likeable as in the same way as a puppy with a limp but as a politician he comes across as lightweight and not the persona ofa guy you want to fight your corner.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"I'm not sure Ed is the man. I voted for David (and I'm not unconvinced he's gone for ever) but I still think Labour will win in 2015 - more due to the difficulties being faced by others than any brilliance on our part."

I think we will have a Tory government that will go it alone, even with the thinnest of margins. It will be harder for them to hold to a five year Parliament though.

"my point abut getting whom we deserve was more about the appalling apathy and lack of participation and yes I would agree we have by and large mostly huddled around the centre..

I personally believe it should be compulsory to vote, we take the privilege far too lightly..

ditto on the brother.."

I also believe it should be compulsory - but I also accept and understand that the right to vote is also the right NOT to vote (though why they can't have a 'None of the Above' box on ballot papers I'll never know)

I find it ironic when people who don't vote (for whatever reason) complain about anything that comes under government control.

Love him or loath him, I can actually see Boris Johnson as a future PM.

He may come across as a buffoon, but is actually a very clever and smart man - and what's more, unlike Cameron, Clegg and Millipede, he has a great personality and is popular!

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Most definitely the latter

"I'm not sure Ed is the man. I voted for David (and I'm not unconvinced he's gone for ever) but I still think Labour will win in 2015 - more due to the difficulties being faced by others than any brilliance on our part."

Labour are going to have a huge challenge to win in 2015. The loss of seats in Scotland looks inevitable and with UKIP taking votes from all sides the outcome in key marginals looks very uncertain. Ed seems to lack the popular appeal to see Labour get over the line (in much the same way as Cameron failed to connect with voters in the last election to secure a Tory majority).

"Labour are going to have a huge challenge to win in 2015. The loss of seats in Scotland looks inevitable and with UKIP taking votes from all sides the outcome in key marginals looks very uncertain. Ed seems to lack the popular appeal to see Labour get over the line (in much the same way as Cameron failed to connect with voters in the last election to secure a Tory majority). "

This is why Labour are opposed to the 'English votes for English laws' idea, because they are dependent on Scottish seats (and the lack of popularity of the Conservatives north of the border) to secure an overall majority.

One thing that I just can't help thinking when we hear David Cameron blabbing out his 'Labour WON'T give you a referendum and UKIP CAN'T give you a referendum' catchphrase is that he seems to forget that the Labour Party started has only been around since 1900. Before then, the two main parties were the Conservatives and the Liberals.

It was during the 1920's that they overtook the Liberal Party as the main challenger to the Conservatives.

UKIP was founded in 1993 - so has been around for 21 years now.

I don't think Cameron, Millipede or Cleggy Weggy should underestimate UKIP.

Not saying we should all vote UKIP by the way.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think he's likely the best of the main part leaders and prefer voting not to be like a celebrity contest.

Not sure which party I'm voting for yet another and none of the leaders are my local mp

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I don't think he's caught on with the popular imagination

By *MaleMan  over a year ago

Russell Brand will save the day

"Russell Brand will save the day "

By encouraging people NOT to vote?

The guy is a pratt!

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for him in regard to his views on drug rehabilitation, but don't agree with him on this one.

I suspect Kier Hardy would rotate in his grave if he realised that the workers' party he founded is being run by millionaire professional politician.

It is also true, the Westminister Elite have no idea what the lives of ordinary people are like. Next time they say "Time for a change!" we should tell them to resign en mass!!

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"Russell Brand will save the day "

Parklife!

I always thought David would make a better Labour leader then his brother Eddie, as for the general election, Eddie's backbone needs to be tested as it looks like a stiff breeze would knock him over.

By *riskynriskyCouple  over a year ago

Essex.

At this stage a vote for Ed would be a vote for Unite... back to three day weeks and strikes every time a union member was accussed of any wrong doing by management.

He wouldn't have the the strength to stand up to his paymasters...

Essex.

I ment Unison...doh..

Chuka Umunna

Watch this space

"my point abut getting whom we deserve was more about the appalling apathy and lack of participation and yes I would agree we have by and large mostly huddled around the centre..

ditto on the brother..

I also believe it should be compulsory - but I also accept and understand that the right to vote is also the right NOT to vote (though why they can't have a 'None of the Above' box on ballot papers I'll never know)

I find it ironic when people who don't vote (for whatever reason) complain about anything that comes under government control.

He may come across as a buffoon, but is actually a very clever and smart man - and what's more, unlike Cameron, Clegg and Millipede, he has a great personality and is popular!"

Popular with a certain type, lots more think he's a hideous oaf who loves his public image more than anything!! Look at his attendances, if the press and world leaders are there so is Boris, if it's a less glamour occasion off goes the deputy or a "represntative"! If he gets in I'll start manning the lifeboats, even Clegg is preferable to that prat

"At this stage a vote for Ed would be a vote for Unite... back to three day weeks and strikes every time a union member was accussed of any wrong doing by management.

He wouldn't have the the strength to stand up to his paymasters...

"

Absolute rubbish, typical daily mail scaremongering

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I'm voting for the party, not the leader.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"I'm voting for the party, not the leader. "

Same here!

"I'm voting for the party, not the leader.

Same here! "

Vote Green Party!

Lefty

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Yeah, but its his rubbery mug we'll have to look at for 5 years

I'm voting Green. They won't win, but I'll feel happier about my vote this time round.

Much much more electable if he was called Steve.

By *heartsasoneCouple  over a year ago

home

Our whole country is up the creek the PM is a joke with no idea what he is doing and his new terrorist policy is not hard enough.

Now they have cut the forces back they suddenly notice not enough people have joined the reserve so are looking at calling over 50's up to join the reserve or cannon fodder I did 22 yrs not going back for no support.

And as for millipede I could dress myself and tie a tie when I was 5 he looked a right loser yesterday God help us all

By *icefellatwoMan  over a year ago

hastings

A typical labour party shoot there self's

in the foot. The man has no charisma and is unelectable and the backbenchers are just starting to realize it

The unions ensured that Ed was made leader as they thought they could control him

If David had been elected then I think Labour would be taken seriously

By *y2funMan  over a year ago

DUDLEY

card carrying red here, can't see how anyne can't vote for those other bastards let alone UKipeers..... but he's not a good leader. full stop. curb appeal works in the 21 century and he has very little.

prepare yourself for 5 more years of tory hell.

hastings

"card carrying red here, can't see how anyne can't vote for those other bastards let alone UKipeers..... but he's not a good leader. full stop. curb appeal works in the 21 century and he has very little.

prepare yourself for 5 more years of tory hell."

Yes mostly caused by Blair

A complete bellend.

Saw him on tv last night.

Looked so awkward.

It's not about politics any more, it's about marketability Got no faith in any of the leaders (or the parties for that matter) and certainly don't feel represented by them at all

DUDLEY

"Yes mostly caused by Blair "

would take Blair over any of those out there right now......

@ least he had some statesman like qualities... and at least we had some social movement under labour. what have we had the last 5 years? Oh I know, bashing of the poorest in society.. now that's fair ?????

vote tory if you are foolish enough too, but don't fucking complain if there's no support system in place if you, your family or friends need it......

bastards sold off the family silver in the 80's, knackered any force of power the unions/working classes held and now we reap the rewards...

"Yes mostly caused by Blair

@ least he had some statesman like qualities... and at least we had some social movement under labour. what have we had the last 5 years? Oh I know, bashing of the poorest in society.. now that's fair ?????

vote tory if you are foolish enough too, but don't fucking complain if there's no support system in place if you, your family or friends need it......

bastards sold off the family silver in the 80's, knackered any force of power the unions/working classes held and now we reap the rewards..."

When you say you would take Blair over any of the others, I hope you mean politically and not sexually.

Call me crazy, but I couldn't concentrate in the middle of a gang bang with him perpetually grinning at me and making excuses for his poor performance.

"Look, I'm sorry I couldn't get an erection, it was the conservatives' fault."

DUDLEY

"I hope you mean politically and not sexually.

C"

now thats for em to know

bastards sold off the family silver in the 80's, knackered any force of power the unions/working classes held and now we reap the rewards..."

The problem with British politics is the public only get to vote for a party. The party then elect a leader so although you may support the party line in general the leader could put you off.

I believe party politics is outdated and not fit for purpose as it just becomed a 5 year bun fight with esch blaming the other for any problems.

Why dont we move to where people in a constituency vote for the person they want to represent them in parliment and then once decided a second vote by the public to elect a leader from the elected represetetives.

DUDLEY

"second vote by the public to elect a leader from the elected represetetives."

a "leader" without power would just be pointless wouldn't it?

We could end up with some wizz kid as PM but not working for the party with the majority of votes? the PM has no extra power as such does he?

I'm voting green next time fuck the major parties........

By *anchestercubMan  over a year ago

manchester & NI

I think too much emphasis is put on personality rather than policy and conviction. Politics is a media game these days.

Since 1979 there have only been 6 years when our economy was in surplus.

4 of those years were under Labour, 2 of those years were under the Tories.

Glasgow

"I think too much emphasis is put on personality rather than policy and conviction. Politics is a media game these days.

"

That's what is behind the SNP plan to allow 'prominent' non members to stand for election.

Celebrity politics at its worst.

By *anchestercubMan  over a year ago

manchester & NI

"

That's what is behind the SNP plan to allow 'prominent' non members to stand for election.

Celebrity politics at its worst."

If that's true then it's disappointing and it would be a huge mistake to go ahead with it.

One of the benefits of being a smaller party is that you can campaign on the fact that your candidates are closer to the ground and therefore closer to the issues - why would the SNP want to lose that USP?

why focus on the individual i look at who may help the less well off and vulnerable.

Cameron and Clegg on same day bedroom tax camecin millionaires got massive tax rebate.

Nhs has been systematically run down and beong privatised more and more.

Energy companies profits sky high but when cost of fuel drops its not given back to customers at same level or same soeed it goes up.

So in nutshell its about the whole thing not one person.

hastings

"I think too much emphasis is put on personality rather than policy and conviction. Politics is a media game these days.

"

The main trouble is whoever is in power blames the last government for the problems .

One day they might all work together

for the good of the country and all who live here and whoever the common market decides to let in

DUDLEY

"

for the good of the country and all who live here and whoever the common market decides to let in "

no they work for the good of the rich....... the middle earners can muddle along the poor can go and get fucked!

hastings

"

for the good of the country and all who live here and whoever the common market decides to let in

no they work for the good of the rich....... the middle earners can muddle along the poor can go and get fucked!"

Yes they are all in it for what they can get

By *luezuluMan  over a year ago

Suffolk

"Labour are going to have a huge challenge to win in 2015. The loss of seats in Scotland looks inevitable and with UKIP taking votes from all sides the outcome in key marginals looks very uncertain. Ed seems to lack the popular appeal to see Labour get over the line (in much the same way as Cameron failed to connect with voters in the last election to secure a Tory majority).

This is why Labour are opposed to the 'English votes for English laws' idea, because they are dependent on Scottish seats (and the lack of popularity of the Conservatives north of the border) to secure an overall majority.

One thing that I just can't help thinking when we hear David Cameron blabbing out his 'Labour WON'T give you a referendum and UKIP CAN'T give you a referendum' catchphrase is that he seems to forget that the Labour Party started has only been around since 1900. Before then, the two main parties were the Conservatives and the Liberals.

It was during the 1920's that they overtook the Liberal Party as the main challenger to the Conservatives.

Not saying we should all vote UKIP by the way."

I am

Sits watches and smiles

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Sounds like a cross between a duck and a flowerpot man ... Its a no from me

hastings

"Labour are going to have a huge challenge to win in 2015. The loss of seats in Scotland looks inevitable and with UKIP taking votes from all sides the outcome in key marginals looks very uncertain. Ed seems to lack the popular appeal to see Labour get over the line (in much the same way as Cameron failed to connect with voters in the last election to secure a Tory majority).

Not saying we should all vote UKIP by the way.

I am

Sits watches and smiles"

One day we may see a parliament without people who need a degree, who admit to having done wrong but say it's part of the learning curve and who listen to all the public not just the bankers

"One day we may see a parliament without people who need a degree, who admit to having done wrong but say it's part of the learning curve and who listen to all the public not just the bankers"

I used to really like Mo Mowlem

By *octor DeleriumMan  over a year ago

Bristol

I think you have only to view his _xpression as he gave to the Bulgarian beggar.

Then read the Labour Press Office release about how much was in his hand, other than the two pence coin.

Edward, like almost all politicians, is only in this for himself.

By *octor DeleriumMan  over a year ago

Bristol

ditto on the brother..

He may come across as a buffoon, but is actually a very clever and smart man - and what's more, unlike Cameron, Clegg and Millipede, he has a great personality and is popular!"

Unfortunately, dangerously smart.

He does not answer questions and deflects his failings to underlings.

Boris Is all about Boris; he will feather his nest whilst giving not a single piss about the electorate that elected the Tory party next year.

COI: a Tory voter for most of my life, I thought that Blair might deliver something different but I was deluded, in future I intend to spoil my ballot papers as there is precious little democracy in this Country, just more of the same.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"One day we may see a parliament without people who need a degree, who admit to having done wrong but say it's part of the learning curve and who listen to all the public not just the bankers

I used to really like Mo Mowlem "

Pervy

He's as weak as piss , best I can say about him really .

Glasgow

"

Celebrity politics at its worst.

If that's true then it's disappointing and it would be a huge mistake to go ahead with it.

One of the benefits of being a smaller party is that you can campaign on the fact that your candidates are closer to the ground and therefore closer to the issues - why would the SNP want to lose that USP? "

"The SNP conference has voted in favour of allowing non-members to stand as candidates in the general election.

The move is designed to appeal to activists who campaigned for a "Yes" vote in the independence referendum.

The plan was backed at its annual conference, which opened in Perth on Friday morning.

Under the proposal, prominent "Yes" campaigners who are not in the SNP would be able to stand for election under the party's overall banner.

In order to do so, they would need to be on an approved list and be adopted by a local constituency.

Potential candidates normally need to have been an SNP member for at least 12 months."

The SNP don't have issues to campaign on - other than Separation. Everything else takes a back seat.

hes a hopeless leader he should be streets ahead of this pathetic condem government but he is hopelesly out of touch with most of the electorate.hes that bad he even sounds like a tory reject.i thought he should have been sacked 3 yrs ago .i think we are in for another hung parliament as nobody trusts anyone of the 3 major players and nobody deserves to win.the limpdems are finished they will be slaughtered at the polls

"One day we may see a parliament without people who need a degree, who admit to having done wrong but say it's part of the learning curve and who listen to all the public not just the bankers"

Bring back John Major, from a working class background but worked his way up, smart, humble and someone who has grown in stature as he has aged. On the Labour side give Allan Johnson a go, speaks common sense and has a human quality which is missing in most politicians.

Who gives a fuck he'll do exactly what the others would do. Nothing!

Sure there'll tinker around with a penny here or tuppence there but in the end people need to realise that politics is owned by big business.

Look at it this way, in every US election for 80 years the party that spent the most won, in this country it nearly always depends on who the tabloids back.

Rich businesses and wealthy people donate (fancy word for bribe) money so they can have influence, this influence is highly visible in 40 years of stats,ie people's tax have risen steadily in 40 years while businesses tax has steadily fallen, they buy there tax breaks through legal bribes.

I think personally looking round the world today you can see, the time to tinker around the edges is long gone. It's time for a radical overhaul on how we work, live, tax, travel and more importantly the system of how it gets A to B.

And I doubt this radical change will come through democratic means , history proves that nobody changed the world with a vote, and it also proves that people in charge will hold onto power by any means possible!! And that is where the real danger lies.

But regardless of what your political persuasion are, if you look at what the experts are saying about our entire survival we've got about 30 years to sort it out or face the consequences

By *rtemisiaWoman  over a year ago

Norwich

Having seen him drop 2p into a homeless person's cup without even making eye contact, I'd say liability!

Essex.

So the Tories sold off the family silver... better than giving the family gold away like Brown did...

Labour wasted money like it was going out of fashion... Giving countless billions in benefits.

Benefits need to go to those in need not those that can't be bothered to get off their arses...

Benefits should be less than a working wage... Those in the lowest wage brackets should get more help... If you have three bed house and decide to have 8 children that your decision... You shouldn't get a bigger house and more money...

If Labour stood up and said "Look we made some mistakes, we are sorry and we have learnt from them."

No after 13 years Labour and their followers are still blaming the Tories... For 13 years all we have heard is "It's not our fault." Then 5 minutes after the Coalition got in it's " Look at the mess they have made." It's as if Labour suddenly forgot the 13 years they had in power...

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

I don't feel represented by any of them. "

I heard Ed Milliband went to see santa, and santa said "dont worry nobody believes in me either"

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

"

Those 4 years under labour being the first 4 years after they came into power. And don't forget that useless twat Brown sold our gold at an average of $275 an ounce.... about 1/6 if what it would now be worth, and what they did to our pensions....

And don't ever forget Blair either... that shining example of socialism at its best...with his 25 properties worth over £100M, doing secret deals with oil companies for £41K a week, earning £10 Million a year, while only paying £275K tax...

Don't get me wrong, the tory bastards are just the same.

Whoever gets in, it will benefit only the few and not the ordinary man in the street.

Really? Blair? Statesman? Keep taking the meds mate

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

Those 4 years under labour being the first 4 years after they came into power. And don't forget that useless twat Brown sold our gold at an average of $275 an ounce.... about 1/6 if what it would now be worth, and what they did to our pensions....

And don't ever forget Blair either... that shining example of socialism at its best...with his 25 properties worth over £100M, doing secret deals with oil companies for £41K a week, earning £10 Million a year, while only paying £275K tax...

Whoever gets in, it will benefit only the few and not the ordinary man in the street."

The role of government is to create societies, infrastructure and to maintain law and order so that the general public can feel safe and secure in going about their daily life. It is the role of the individual to step up to the plate, work hard and look after themselves and their family. Society starts to fail when the government overly interferes by taking more and more taxes from those who produce in order to give money for votes to those who produce less.

Whoever gets in, it will benefit only the few and not the ordinary man in the street.

The role of government is to create societies, infrastructure and to maintain law and order so that the general public can feel safe and secure in going about their daily life. It is the role of the individual to step up to the plate, work hard and look after themselves and their family. Society starts to fail when the government overly interferes by taking more and more taxes from those who produce in order to give money for votes to those who produce less."

There's only one problem with that theory. Poor people hardly ever vote in any country anywhere.

And I hate to tell you this but in the last 60 years taxs for the wealthy have fallen more than in any group.

I have heard of a rubber band, lap band and a brass band but what the hell is a milli band?

I'd just like to see a politician who had actually worked for a living, rather than a career politician.

DUDLEY

"And don't forget that useless twat Brown sold our gold at an average of $275 an ounce..."

he actual sold "our" excess gold at a market high. It was a great deal at the time. maybe not now but we can say that about so much else.. Why did the tory's sell off the utilities ? just think what profit they would have raised for the nation over the last 20 years had we invested in them and not sold them off...

@ least under labour things are slightly fairer and those at the bottom on society get a little more help...

"And don't forget that useless twat Brown sold our gold at an average of $275 an ounce...

he actual sold "our" excess gold at a market high. It was a great deal at the time. maybe not now but we can say that about so much else.. Why did the tory's sell off the utilities ? just think what profit they would have raised for the nation over the last 20 years had we invested in them and not sold them off...

@ least under labour things are slightly fairer and those at the bottom on society get a little more help... "

Yep definitely fair to bankrupt the country and leave everyone struggling !

Essex.

"And don't forget that useless twat Brown sold our gold at an average of $275 an ounce...

@ least under labour things are slightly fairer and those at the bottom on society get a little more help... "

I don't think things were any fairer... The only reason people at the bottom got any help was Labours state sponsored attempt at vote rigging... Spend taxes on those that don't work in an attempt to buy their votes...

DUDLEY

"

Yep definitely fair to bankrupt the country and leave everyone struggling !"

maybe it was a mess of making (sub prime loads didn't help) but I don't get what you say and how you dress it up..... under tory government those at the bottom end of society get hit the hardest. any poor bastard here having to pay the bedroom tax? now thats fair!

"

maybe it was a mess of making (sub prime loads didn't help) but I don't get what you say and how you dress it up..... under tory government those at the bottom end of society get hit the hardest. any poor bastard here having to pay the bedroom tax? now thats fair!"

Having worked in the social housing sector seeing one person in a 4 bedroom house then a family of 5 in the next 2 bed flat i think the bedroom tax is a good thing...after all the house is not yours...its social accomodation

"

maybe it was a mess of making (sub prime loads didn't help) but I don't get what you say and how you dress it up..... under tory government those at the bottom end of society get hit the hardest. any poor bastard here having to pay the bedroom tax? now thats fair!"

Hardly as devastating as losing your job or seeing your pension decimated to fund an illegal war !

DUDLEY

"I don't think things were any fairer... The only reason people at the bottom got any help was Labours state sponsored attempt at vote rigging... Spend taxes on those that don't work in an attempt to buy their votes..."

and how the rich manipulate the media into printing what they want the masses to read isn't the same?

i will till the day I die be sure that under a labour government we get a slightly fairer situation...

I can't forgive the tory's for fucking britain cira 1980's.. old card carrying red and proud of it... old man was a miner for ten years and spent 29 weeks on strike for a 2% pay rise, a pair of free overall....... and his pride. fuck the tories.

DUDLEY

" ..after all the house is not yours...its social accomodation "

then you will know there was no prevision made and certainly no quality one bedroom properties availiable to those who wanted to move so they only way is too punish someone who's no fault of their own?

DUDLEY

"ardly as devastating as losing your job or seeing your pension decimated to fund an illegal war !"

yes and under these shits more people have lost their home... gone without.. they do very little to help those lower earners and as much as they can do to curry favor from those who have milions...... fuck it.... classwar time... "redistribution of wealth" tax the rich....... robin hood did it!

"ardly as devastating as losing your job or seeing your pension decimated to fund an illegal war !

yes and under these shits more people have lost their home... gone without.. they do very little to help those lower earners and as much as they can do to curry favor from those who have milions...... fuck it.... classwar time... "redistribution of wealth" tax the rich....... robin hood did it!"

To use your colourful language twice in my lifetime the Tories have had to follow a labour government of fucking idiots and put the country back on a sound financial footing ! Thatcher in the seventies and now Cameron sorry socialism don't work oh and ps I now do a low paid job with a free pair of overalls each year but what I earn and spend is mine not borrowed as Mr Brown wanted

DUDLEY

" twice in my lifetime the Tories have had to follow a labour government of fucking idiots and put the country back on a sound financial footing ! "

and twice the working classes got raped.

" twice in my lifetime the Tories have had to follow a labour government of fucking idiots and put the country back on a sound financial footing !

and twice the working classes got raped."

Behave ffs

DUDLEY

"

Behave ffs "

why for standing up for those less fortunate? for wanting a fairer system?

you say about the iron witch rebuilding great britain but was that after she ripped through the working classes? broke the unions? sold off the countries assets? I hate the tories, for what they have done and continue to do to decent folk....

"

Behave ffs

why for standing up for those less fortunate? for wanting a fairer system?

you say about the iron witch rebuilding great britain but was that after she ripped through the working classes? broke the unions? sold off the countries assets? I hate the tories, for what they have done and continue to do to decent folk...."

Tony Blair and Gordon brown were much better eh ! Sorry can no longer take you serious

As a neutral, your all wrong.

Margret Thatcher borrowed more money leaving than she did entering, so did Tony Blair, so will the coalition.

Gordon brown sold the gold for very specific purposes which are well documented, it was to help out the rich and certainly not the poor!.

The war in Iraq was no more illegal than the war in the Falklands.

And regardless of which party is in power next, not one policy will be for helping out the poor or working class or immigrants.

DUDLEY

"...

Tony Blair and Gordon brown were much better eh ! Sorry can no longer take you serious "

not I didn't see new labour as any great answer but I did more so that what we had before and have now, and god forbid we get a tory/ukip government next year....

labour will always do more to help a slightly larger percentage of the population ... whatever their perverse reasoning.

DUDLEY

"And regardless of which party is in power next, not one policy will be for helping out the poor or working class or immigrants."

then I shall stay angry and support class war.

"As a neutral, your all wrong.

Margret Thatcher borrowed more money leaving than she did entering, so did Tony Blair, so will the coalition.

Gordon brown sold the gold for very specific purposes which are well documented, it was to help out the rich and certainly not the poor!.

And regardless of which party is in power next, not one policy will be for helping out the poor or working class or immigrants."

Think your view is well balanced however fail to see how a war to defend our own sovereign land can be deemed unlawful ?

By *xpresMan  over a year ago

Elland

Keep this Baffoon in charge of the Labour party, because if the go to next election with the Pratt in charge the Torts will win without that dick clegg

"And regardless of which party is in power next, not one policy will be for helping out the poor or working class or immigrants.

then I shall stay angry and support class war."

Class war lmao

"And regardless of which party is in power next, not one policy will be for helping out the poor or working class or immigrants.

then I shall stay angry and support class war."

If we lived in a republic with a set constitution you could perhaps forgive the fact that the minority are best served in this country of ours. However as we live in a democracy where the 51% should have power, I find it very disturbing that the majority are nearly always treated the worse.

And regardless of which party is in power next, not one policy will be for helping out the poor or working class or immigrants.

Think your view is well balanced however fail to see how a war to defend our own sovereign land can be deemed unlawful ?"

My point was they were both legal wars, they are only ever deemed illegal/unjustified by a persons political view.

I believe if you really want a class struggle you'll need something along the lines of the French route, as I really don't think wealthy powerful people will "hand it over" just with a little x marks the spot

DUDLEY

"Aalong the lines of the French route, as I really don't think wealthy powerful people will "hand it over" just with a little x marks the spot"

i shall sand next to owen jones and build out own utopia.. watch as the blood of rich fill the streets of the poor.............

DUDLEY

"i shall sand next to owen jones and build out own utopia.. watch as the blood of rich fill the streets of the poor............."

tooting popular front.

Think your view is well balanced however fail to see how a war to defend our own sovereign land can be deemed unlawful ?.

My point was they were both legal wars, they are only ever deemed illegal/unjustified by a persons political view.

I believe if you really want a class struggle you'll need something along the lines of the French route, as I really don't think wealthy powerful people will "hand it over" just with a little x marks the spot"

The Iraq war was legal passed by parliament but would have been unsound if not based on the lies Mr Blair gave in parliament to support his bill

"i shall sand next to owen jones and build out own utopia.. watch as the blood of rich fill the streets of the poor.............

tooting popular front."

What next get the massive influx of Eastern Europeans to clean the mess up ! Your views were sold out by the last labour government and no meaningful plan has been put forward by milliband

I believe history proves you right. You really do need the blood of the rich to fill the street for actual change.

But would it be a pyrrhic victory.

DUDLEY

" massive influx of Eastern Europeans "

I don't mind the eastern Europeans getting used to them now around dudley. think we have the odd polish shop now as well nice to hear different languages while sat drinking outside costa, nice cappuccino and chocolate muffin and the air filled with the sounds of our world.

Think your view is well balanced however fail to see how a war to defend our own sovereign land can be deemed unlawful ?.

I believe if you really want a class struggle you'll need something along the lines of the French route, as I really don't think wealthy powerful people will "hand it over" just with a little x marks the spot

The Iraq war was legal passed by parliament but would have been unsound if not based on the lies Mr Blair gave in parliament to support his bill "

You could argue the same for Mrs Thatcher's sinking of the belgrano 12hrs before a set peace talk.

Everything is done for a purpose, it's whether you agree with the purpose.

" massive influx of Eastern Europeans

I don't mind the eastern Europeans getting used to them now around dudley. think we have the odd polish shop now as well nice to hear different languages while sat drinking outside costa, nice cappuccino and chocolate muffin and the air filled with the sounds of our world. "

We welcome them too but view them in a different light to that of brown and Blair ! That will always be the difference we don't pigeon hole people within class instead seek a society where hard work pays off

DUDLEY

"But would it be a pyrrhic victory."

had to google pyrrhic

and not at all..... I don't want anyone to die because of what I think.... I just want a fairer slice of the cake for all.. I really don't give a fuck what you have.... just think about others first.

The Iraq war was legal passed by parliament but would have been unsound if not based on the lies Mr Blair gave in parliament to support his bill .

You could argue the same for Mrs Thatcher's sinking of the belgrano 12hrs before a set peace talk.

Everything is done for a purpose, it's whether you agree with the purpose."

Mrs thatcher was feisty but I doubt she sunk a battleship

DUDLEY

" instead seek a society where hard work pays off "

for once we agree..... but for those who can't provide for themselves we who "have more" should be the first to lend an hand.

"But would it be a pyrrhic victory.

had to google pyrrhic

and not at all..... I don't want anyone to die because of what I think.... I just want a fairer slice of the cake for all.. I really don't give a fuck what you have.... just think about others first. "

Totally confusing

DUDLEY

"

Mrs thatcher was feisty but I doubt she sunk a battleship "

i'm sure that witch had a spell for everything

By *xpresMan  over a year ago

Elland

So will someone please explain to me an Exsquaddie who served in the 1st Gulf war, why was it deemed illegal. I'm pretty damnd sure it went thru parliament was voted on by MPs of all parties.

I'm sure this is how a democracy works

DUDLEY

"

I'm sure this is how a democracy works"

wasn't it something to do with a UN resolution ? the UK/Usa didn't have full support. but i'd have to goggle the full details

The Iraq war was legal passed by parliament but would have been unsound if not based on the lies Mr Blair gave in parliament to support his bill .

Everything is done for a purpose, it's whether you agree with the purpose.

Mrs thatcher was feisty but I doubt she sunk a battleship "

.Lol well I would retort that Mr Blair didn't make the lies up personally.... You see it's all about your personal slant.

Derby

Actually, he didn't sell it at a market high; it was $283 an ounce when he announced he was going to sell our gold, and gold prices tumbled. The first tranche of gold he sold was for $235 an ounce... hardly a market high... get your facts right.

And I absolutely agree with you with regard to our utilities, they should never have been sold.

But labour build a fairer society? You are kidding aren't you? What about the socialist Blair millions and secret desks? What about labour taking us into a war through their lies what about the hundreds of out forces personnel that gave died because of this?

Like I said, and others have said, ALL politicians are only in it for what they can personally get out of it.

DUDLEY

"

Actually, he didn't sell it at a market high; it was $283 an ounce when he announced he was going to sell our gold, and gold prices tumbled. The first tranche of gold he sold was for $235 an ounce... hardly a market high... get your facts right."

you are right, I have re read about the gold sale, when he said he was selling it was at a high not when it was sold, although what I have read also it was used to buy in US$ & Euro so maybe someone will know if it was a good buy or not? there was also a previous sale in 1970 of gold reserve so it wasn't something new...

The times and the wall St journal both did articles on it. And they reported that he'd sold the gold of in this particular way (he announced the auctions and the date ahead of the sale) to lower the gold price intensionally because a huge bank had shorted itself against it and Japanese yen and was near to collapse, the theory being if you release a huge supply of gold onto an already foretold market the price would collapse thus enabling the bank to release its self of liability it had found itself in.

It was known at the time as a near banking collapse, they didn't know at the time they were just putting it off for ten years!.

So he wasn't doing it for the poor or doing it intensionally out of idiocy he was doing it because he'd been "asked to" by a big corporation.

Money trumps votes every day of the week

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

my point abut getting whom we deserve was more about the appalling apathy and lack of participation and yes I would agree we have by and large mostly huddled around the centre..

ditto on the brother.."

If voting made a difference it would be illegal.

There's a slant on everything that Blair andBrown did that's for sure history will judge them both and none too favourably I think

"There's a slant on everything that Blair andBrown did that's for sure history will judge them both and none too favourably I think "
does it matter what history says about them!.

Only if we learn from it unfortunately it seems we never do

Only one labour person who would have a chance of getting my vote , Frank Field ! Tho I suspect he may go Ukip

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

Calamitous liability for sure.

"There's a slant on everything that Blair andBrown did that's for sure history will judge them both and none too favourably I think does it matter what history says about them!.

Only if we learn from it unfortunately it seems we never do"

it will matter to their vanity ! Some comfort

Think your view is well balanced however fail to see how a war to defend our own sovereign land can be deemed unlawful ?"

The tories took us to war over the oil rights and nothing else ,the untouched oil fields of the antarctic ....All governments commit murder of the working class military lads to further the rich

Glasgow

"There's a slant on everything that Blair andBrown did that's for sure history will judge them both and none too favourably I think does it matter what history says about them!.

Only if we learn from it unfortunately it seems we never doit will matter to their vanity ! Some comfort "

People forget Blair won 3 General Elections. Not many others have managed that.

How was the Falklands War illegal? Argentina invaded a British colony, British territory in every sense of the word. In short; they invaded us first, thus we were fully justified in fighting back.

Gulf War Two, however, had nothing of this legality about it. Two UN member states-and members of the Security council no less-amongst others invaded another UN member state that had a regime that was universally recognised by the world's nations. This was not like the first Gulf War-where Kuwait was invaded and annexed by neighbouring Iraq-nor the war in Afghanistan; where the Taliban regime was recognised by nobody (with the exception of the UAE and Pakistan).

Only if we learn from it unfortunately it seems we never doit will matter to their vanity ! Some comfort

People forget Blair won 3 General Elections. Not many others have managed that."

We try and forget trust me

Who said the Falklands war was illegal.

And I think you'll find there was 10 or more countries involved in the Iraq invasion.

Again no ruling that this was illegal either, the coalition maintained that legality was there from Iraqi failure to comply from gulf war 1 and the conditions of cease fire and I've seen no panel or body confirm it any different.

"How was the Falklands War illegal? Argentina invaded a British colony, British territory in every sense of the word. In short; they invaded us first, thus we were fully justified in fighting back.

Gulf War Two, however, had nothing of this legality about it. Two UN member states-and members of the Security council no less-amongst others invaded another UN member state that had a regime that was universally recognised by the world's nations. This was not like the first Gulf War-where Kuwait was invaded and annexed by neighbouring Iraq-nor the war in Afghanistan; where the Taliban regime was recognised by nobody (with the exception of the UAE and Pakistan)."

You miss the point...it was motivated by oil money , the same as most conflicts where the west intervene....Maggie Snatcher all those years ago was no different and one of this countries greatest cunts

"Who said the Falklands war was illegal."

-One of the above posters.

"And I think you'll find there was 10 or more countries involved in the Iraq invasion."

-well aware of that.

"How was the Falklands War illegal? Argentina invaded a British colony, British territory in every sense of the word. In short; they invaded us first, thus we were fully justified in fighting back.

Gulf War Two, however, had nothing of this legality about it. Two UN member states-and members of the Security council no less-amongst others invaded another UN member state that had a regime that was universally recognised by the world's nations. This was not like the first Gulf War-where Kuwait was invaded and annexed by neighbouring Iraq-nor the war in Afghanistan; where the Taliban regime was recognised by nobody (with the exception of the UAE and Pakistan)."

You miss the point...it was motivated by oil money , the same as most conflicts where the west intervene....Maggie Snatcher all those years ago was no different and one of this countries greatest cunts .

She actively knew her husband Dennis was becoming a multi millionaire by importing and distributing asbestos which was known to be a killer substance long before...digging this scum up and burning them then burying them again in rats shit would be too good for them..our balanced view

By *aul_the_nudistMan  over a year ago

WREXHAM

"

Neither do i."

Or me......

If his lot get in it will be down to the immigrant vote, it was his crew that opened the flood gates and let all this dross in.

"If his lot get in it will be down to the immigrant vote, it was his crew that opened the flood gates and let all this dross in. "
The tory policy was to let them in as cheap labour..........Where do you get your views in life from

"If his lot get in it will be down to the immigrant vote, it was his crew that opened the flood gates and let all this dross in. The tory policy was to let them in as cheap labour..........Where do you get your views in life from "
read up on Andrew Neather an advisor to Tony Blair

He would disagree with you

Though it's probable that all governments in this country like an excess in the labour pool to keep wages in check

Margret Thatcher signed the treaty on freedom of movement in the 80,s.

Politics is rarely black and white

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"Margret Thatcher signed the treaty on freedom of movement in the 80,s.

Politics is rarely black and white"

Yes Thatcher did do that but it was Blair who allowed Poland unrestricted immigration to the UK in 2004 while the rest of europe placed restrictions on it, Labour estimated 75,000 Poles would come here and then in the real event over half a million came. Its down to the Tories and Labour, both as bad as each other.

"Margret Thatcher signed the treaty on freedom of movement in the 80,s.

Politics is rarely black and white

Yes Thatcher did do that but it was Blair who allowed Poland unrestricted immigration to the UK in 2004 while the rest of europe placed restrictions on it, Labour estimated 75,000 Poles would come here and then in the real event over half a million came. Its down to the Tories and Labour, both as bad as each other. "

Can't fault you there

By * Busty HotwifeCouple  over a year ago

Bradford

"Potentially good PM or calamitous liability?

A disastrous prospect!

Aside for the fact that every successive Labour government since the second world war has over spent and over taxed and ruined our economy....

Reckons he can sort out the NHS, despite the fact that in Wales, where it is run by Labour, the NHS is in crisis.

With Ed Balls, was adviser to Gordon Brown and Alistair Darling during their tenures as chancellor - proving he had NO idea about running a successful economy.

Apart from all that, he just looks out of his depth all of the time."

Couldn't agree more!! The man is not even fit to be called a complete muppet as he is not THAT competent. Same can be said for his party too.

All they've done in government during my life time is run our country to rack-and-ruin in both the 70s and 90/00s.

Only the scroungers and uneducated vote Labour, or the liberal middle class who never have to live with the real disastrous decisions made by Labour.

Do not forget that it was Labour who got us into this mess and the coalition who're getting us out, however unpopular their decisions.

All Labour will do is borrow and borrow and borrow which means all this shit we've endured will be pointless and need repeating again.

The Labour Party will be tainted for many years by what the power it abused and the wars it took us into. The open door, unchecked and uncontrolled mass immigration policies it persued in order to give it more votes.

Not to mention Harriet Harman and the paedophile information exchange who wanted to legitimise the age of consent to 12.

Labour have an immense deal to answer for but a lot if the Eejits who vote, forget facts in favour of empty promises and greedy policies.

A disastrous prospect!

Couldn't agree more!! The man is not even fit to be called a complete muppet as he is not THAT competent. Same can be said for his party too.

All they've done in government during my life time is run our country to rack-and-ruin in both the 70s and 90/00s.

Only the scroungers and uneducated vote Labour, or the liberal middle class who never have to live with the real disastrous decisions made by Labour.

Do not forget that it was Labour who got us into this mess and the coalition who're getting us out, however unpopular their decisions.

All Labour will do is borrow and borrow and borrow which means all this shit we've endured will be pointless and need repeating again.

The Labour Party will be tainted for many years by what the power it abused and the wars it took us into. The open door, unchecked and uncontrolled mass immigration policies it persued in order to give it more votes.

Not to mention Harriet Harman and the paedophile information exchange who wanted to legitimise the age of consent to 12.

Labour have an immense deal to answer for but a lot if the Eejits who vote, forget facts in favour of empty promises and greedy policies. "

Have the coalition borrowed less. No.

Have the coalition closed the open door policy. No

Have the coalition promised a referendum on Europe. No

Have the Tories promised a referendum on Europe. No

Did David Cameron and Ed miliband attend the same university and study near enough the same thing. Yes.

"

Neither do i."

Or any party that ensure the survival or this system we live in. Viva la revolution.

A disastrous prospect!

Labour have an immense deal to answer for but a lot if the Eejits who vote, forget facts in favour of empty promises and greedy policies. "

In 13 years labour took debt up 450 billion.

In 5 years the coalition will take the debt up 600 billion.

Both aren't great but as you can see, it really isn't one or the other.

A disastrous prospect!

Absolutely spot-on as far as I'm concerned.....the labour party have a lot to answer for, they have cost this country dearly every time they've been in office.....there ought to be a much better patriotically inclined real opposition than this.

"In 13 years labour took debt up 450 billion.

Both aren't great but as you can see, it really isn't one or the other."

Completely untrue I ve just checked

Answering my right honourable friend the O.P.'s original question.....

I feel Mr Milliband is a great asset.....

To all the other parties.

As long as he is leader of the labour party, their chances of a decisive election to office will be considerably depleted.

Christ....Michael Foot had more charm and certainly more conviction than Milliband ......he, too, helped to keep the socialists out of Downing Street when he was head of labour.....

Derby

"

Actually, he didn't sell it at a market high; it was $283 an ounce when he announced he was going to sell our gold, and gold prices tumbled. The first tranche of gold he sold was for $235 an ounce... hardly a market high... get your facts right.

you are right, I have re read about the gold sale, when he said he was selling it was at a high not when it was sold, although what I have read also it was used to buy in US$ & Euro so maybe someone will know if it was a good buy or not? there was also a previous sale in 1970 of gold reserve so it wasn't something new...

"

Because the markets knew he was going to buy into foreign currency with the proceeds of the sale of gold, this hardened Euro and Dollar rates against Sterling, so in selling our gold he lost about 15% on the gold price, and then bought into the Euro and the Dollar at about 6 to 8% higher than he could have previously... a double whammy of extraordinarily inept national financial management.

By *atinbootsTV/TS  over a year ago

Market Rasen

Boris Johnson for PM !!!!

Figures vary as obviously this parliament still has 6 months to run but it's fact that in 4.5 years the Coalition has added more to the National Debt than Labour did in 13 years. There's no escaping it. And several Tory commentators eg Fraser Nelson have written widely on this topic.

Completely untrue I ve just checked "

Completely untrue I ve just checked "

I got that figure from the office of national statistics, which is run independent to government.

Your free to look it up yourselves or you can read bollocks in the daily mail all your lives.

The choice is yours

Ed Miliband is a hospital pass.

"

Because the markets knew he was going to buy into foreign currency with the proceeds of the sale of gold, this hardened Euro and Dollar rates against Sterling, so in selling our gold he lost about 15% on the gold price, and then bought into the Euro and the Dollar at about 6 to 8% higher than he could have previously... a double whammy of extraordinarily inept national financial management.

"

.This is again bollocks this is well documented by independent journalists and national archives, he sold gold cheap and bought yen high to relive a big bank of its liability on shorts in the market.

Nothing to do with ineptitude or idiocy, Gordon brown is ten times smarter than you think, he's well read and spent years at top universities, of course this pales into comparison to your 10 minutes of daily tabloid reading.

Spoken like a true socialist lol always resort to bad language when the argument is lost .the facts can be googled instantly and no amount of aggressive posturing can change them

Derby

"

.This is again bollocks this is well documented by independent journalists and national archives, he sold gold cheap and bought yen high to relive a big bank of its liability on shorts in the market.

Nothing to do with ineptitude or idiocy, Gordon brown is ten times smarter than you think, he's well read and spent years at top universities, of course this pales into comparison to your 10 minutes of daily tabloid reading."

He actually only used 20% of the money raised to buy yen, the other 80% bought euros and dollars... all currency was bought at below market rates.... that's like you going on holiday and getting €1.15 for your £ when everyone else is getting €1.25...

It's true that Gordon Brown sold gold in the way that he did in order to help prop up the banking system from collapse... because the banks were speculating on gold and had cocked up, so in depressing the price of gold and buying foreign currency at a loss on market rates, the bank(s) were able to pull themselves out of the shit... at the British public's expense.

And you mustn't forget who Gordon Brown's chief advisor was at the time... Sue Nye, the wife of Gavyn Davies, who was one of the head honchos of Goldman Sachs...

So, Brown used our gold to bail out the banks who had been speculating with, effectively, our money. You'd have thought that your precious, erudite, and better educated than I Mr Brown would have learnt from this and put some financial regulations and controls in place to stop the banks from overstretching themselves again, wouldn't you? So what did he do? He deregulated the banking system, and less than a decade later the banks were in a far worse situation, which has led to the financial mess we're in as a country now.

And there is your socialism in action...

But back to the OP's original subject... no, Ed Miliband will not make any kind of a Prime Minister, but then again, neither does Cameron.

Derby

"

Nothing to do with ineptitude or idiocy, Gordon brown is ten times smarter than you think, he's well read and spent years at top universities, of course this pales into comparison to your 10 minutes of daily tabloid reading."

He actually only used 20% of the money raised to buy yen, the other 80% bought euros and dollars... all currency was bought at below market rates.... that's like you going on holiday and getting €1.15 for your £ when everyone else is getting €1.25...

It's true that Gordon Brown sold gold in the way that he did in order to help prop up the banking system from collapse... because the banks were speculating on gold and had cocked up, so in depressing the price of gold and buying foreign currency at a loss on market rates, the bank(s) were able to pull themselves out of the shit... at the British public's expense.

And you mustn't forget who Gordon Brown's chief advisor was at the time... Sue Nye, the wife of Gavyn Davies, who was one of the head honchos of Goldman Sachs...

So, Brown used our gold to bail out the banks who had been speculating with, effectively, our money. You'd have thought that your precious, erudite, and better educated than I Mr Brown would have learnt from this and put some financial regulations and controls in place to stop the banks from overstretching themselves again, wouldn't you? So what did he do? He deregulated the banking system, and less than a decade later the banks were in a far worse situation, which has led to the financial mess we're in as a country now.

But back to the OP's original subject... no, Ed Miliband will not make any kind of a Prime Minister, but then again, neither does Cameron.

Derby

"

Derby

"

Derby

"

Derby

"

Derby

"

Derby

"

He actually only used 20% of the money raised to buy yen, the other 80% bought euros and dollars... ( this is actually documented in non-independant labour backed analysis, so I have no reason to disbelieve it) - all currency was bought at below market rates.... that's like you going on holiday and getting €1.15 for your £ when everyone else is getting €1.25...

In this way, the banks were able to buy the gold cheap, and sell it at a higher rate than they'd paid for it, and then buy sterling from the treasury at below market rates, and sell it at a profit.

So, Brown used our gold to bail out the banks who had been speculating with, effectively, our money. You'd have thought that your precious, erudite, and better educated than I Mr Brown, with his many years in top universities, would have learnt from this and put some financial regulations and controls in place to stop the banks from overstretching themselves again, wouldn't you? So what did he do? He deregulated the banking system, and less than a decade later the banks were in a far worse situation, which has led to the financial mess we're in as a country now.

He bailed them out then to the tune of about £4 Billion, less than a decade having to bail them out to 100 times this amount.... a bit more than what he 'made' in selling our gold reserves.

Derby

"

He actually only used 20% of the money raised to buy yen, the other 80% bought euros and dollars... ( this is actually documented in non-independant labour backed analysis, so I have no reason to disbelieve it) - all currency was bought at below market rates.... that's like you going on holiday and getting €1.15 for your £ when everyone else is getting €1.25...

In this way, the banks were able to buy the gold cheap, and sell it at a higher rate than they'd paid for it, and then buy sterling from the treasury at below market rates, and sell it at a profit.

So, Brown used our gold to bail out the banks who had been speculating with, effectively, our money. You'd have thought that your precious, erudite, and better educated than I Mr Brown, with his many years in top universities, would have learnt from this and put some financial regulations and controls in place to stop the banks from overstretching themselves again, wouldn't you? So what did he do? He deregulated the banking system, and less than a decade later the banks were in a far worse situation, which has led to the financial mess we're in as a country now.

He bailed them out then to the tune of about £4 Billion, less than a decade having to bail them out to 100 times this amount.... a bit more than what he 'made' in selling our gold reserves.

Derby

"

Derby

"

He bailed them out then to the tune of about £4 Billion, less than a decade later having to bail them out to 100 times this amount.... a bit more than what he 'made' in selling our gold reserves.

Derby

"

He bailed them out then to the tune of about £4 Billion, less than a decade later having to bail them out to 100 times this amount.... a bit more than what he 'made' in selling our gold reserves.

Derby

"

Derby

"

Derby

"

Derby

"

Derby

"

Blair was all style and no substance.

Brown is a fool. Craved a job he was useless at.

Miliband has been set up for a fall, so his brother can take over.

Hopefully we will not see another Labour government for a very very long time. This country deserves more than to let these fucktards back in to wreck the country again.

"

Nothing to do with ineptitude or idiocy, Gordon brown is ten times smarter than you think, he's well read and spent years at top universities, of course this pales into comparison to your 10 minutes of daily tabloid reading.

But back to the OP's original subject... no, Ed Miliband will not make any kind of a Prime Minister, but then again, neither does Cameron. "

Hey that's spot on I'd forgot about sure nye as well. Don't get me wrong I'm not a labour supporter,what I was pointing out is this common misconception that Gordon brown was some buffoon, when in fact he was a smart cookie and take it from me, if it had been the tories in that gold would still have been sold, as it's not about the colour of the politicians tie but the fact that government is run from an office above them.

"

But back to the OP's original subject... no, Ed Miliband will not make any kind of a Prime Minister, but then again, neither does Cameron. .

Hey that's spot on I'd forgot about sure nye as well. Don't get me wrong I'm not a labour supporter,what I was pointing out is this common misconception that Gordon brown was some buffoon, when in fact he was a smart cookie and take it from me, if it had been the tories in that gold would still have been sold, as it's not about the colour of the politicians tie but the fact that government is run from an office above them. "

Completely incorrect Gordon brown squandered a golden legacy the money from council house sales,a thriving economy plus the money from utility sales was wasted by Blair and brown to fund their agenda to cling to power ! Remember the "end of boom and bust " statement lol they were both culpable of gross incompetence and to say otherwise is a complete ignorance of the facts

You like to use the word fact a lot, so quote some!

A thriving economy hey!, well I hate to poop on your facts but if you read any economic data from 2002-2008 you'll actually see that the only thriving bit was the banking industry.

The misconceptions in politics is fueled by the politicians, they love it as it's smoke and mirrors for their blatant corruption and bribery that they all partake in.

Who shut more coal mines down, labour or Tories?. Labour.

Who borrowed more year for year, labour or Tories. Tories.

Who deregulated the banking industry allowing the massive cock up to happen. Both of them.

Whos signed up to most eu treaties while pretending to be euro sceptics. The Tories.

Who sold more council houses off while in power, while pretending to be for the people. Labour.

I don't know if you remember yachtgate but it sums up politicians really well as on that multi million pound yacht was a Russian oligarch, the reddest of labour men peter mandelson, the bluest of Tories George Osborne and the extremely rich banker nat Rothschild all three of which attended the same university, and the only thing being discussed was not the best way out of a recession or how to help the middle/working classes but how the fuck to get the oligarchs aluminium into the eu through the back door and how he could donate to both parties via his off shore companies.