FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Questions on living with parents

Questions on living with parents

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm not having a moan about it or anything. I just want to ask a few questions in general that's all about living with parents.

What is it that people here have against those that live with parents?

Is it a major turn off?

Does it make people here see the person as someone who isn't independent?

That's pretty much it really.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *andL-LiverpoolCouple  over a year ago

Huyton

At 30 I would have though you would have found somewhere else to live even if it's shared accom?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

More and more people are living with their parents or in shared accommodation. It wouldn't put me off

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's mostly about having to ask the old dears to pop down the local for a few hours, while you spread the duvet out on the lounge Axminster for the threesome.

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Depends if its transition or choice if its choice to me that says need their hand held no independance so wouldnt intrest me

"

Does it make people here see the person as someone who isn't independent?"

I think that's the main thing, the 'guy who still lives with his mum' is a common parody of the modern male.

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

no unless he was a mummys boy

I live with my mother and my 3children . I can see hey some people don't like it as I can't invite them over . Some people have no choice but to live at home as everything is so expensive

I honestly don't care where people live, I don't think there is an age to move out, why upsticks and leave if everyone is happy with the situation, besides after a messy split if kids and child support are involved some people simply can not afford to live alone

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Some people have to live at home to be the main carer for their parents. I don't think of someone who does that as not being independent. OP: you will have to meet away from home - no one wants ya mum and dad listening in!

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Hereford

I had to spend a lot of time at my parents house when I was recovering from surgery, back in 2010. My god, it drove me insane, I have no idea how I'd cope, but then I am pretty antisocial (and yes, I know that that is somewhat contradictory being a swinging type)...

Not these days, as there's plenty of people living with their parents while saving money etc. I've been back with mine a few times between properties (although it always drove me insane within hours).

Probably wouldn't come round if I knew they were going to be in though...

I live with my mum, i have to as she is disabled and very ill. So im her full time carer. Although it has put off a couple of guys meeting me, majority of them are ok with them and understand my situation

"Some people have to live at home to be the main carer for their parents. I don't think of someone who does that as not being independent. OP: you will have to meet away from home - no one wants ya mum and dad listening in! "

That's what I intend to do as with dad retired, I can't bring anyone to my house so it has to be at their house instead or not at all.

It's even better when they join in!!

"...Some people have no choice but to live at home as everything is so expensive "

This type of argument is my bugbear. I was in care so when I was 18 I was forced to move out and live independantly-despite how expensive it is! You learn to cope and do without the luxuries that are often now considered 'essentials'...in 6 years I've not owned a computer or had broadband or eaten take out and I've survived!

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

theres plenty of reasons why a single person may live with parents

eg save money, to care for someone, lost family home, lost kids and home to ex partner

some just call them mummys boy without the full knowledge of why in the first place

there is a difference between the sexes of if they can stand living back with parents the women mostly wanting to do there own stuff cleaning and other stuff

however if still living at parents but had 2 buildings built into one the parent and the kids could live in seperate parts of the building also called peace

[Removed by poster at 12/11/14 22:28:44]

"...Some people have no choice but to live at home as everything is so expensive

This type of argument is my bugbear. I was in care so when I was 18 I was forced to move out and live independantly-despite how expensive it is! You learn to cope and do without the luxuries that are often now considered 'essentials'...in 6 years I've not owned a computer or had broadband or eaten take out and I've survived!"

the difference is having to live like that and choosing to, I'm sure you didn't choose to live alone and struggle at 18 and had your situation been different you would had stayed at home and had more money for luxuries, why would people struggle if they don't have to

not an issue here - just means home is unavailable for play - same as us when kids are home

"not an issue here - just means home is unavailable for play - same as us when kids are home"

that's how I see it, I don't accommodate so don't expect others to, hotels are good enough so it don't matter to me who they live with

"I'm not having a moan about it or anything. I just want to ask a few questions in general that's all about living with parents.

Is it a major turn off?

That's pretty much it really."

man up and get your own place how can you bring a date back to your parents not a good start

"I'm not having a moan about it or anything. I just want to ask a few questions in general that's all about living with parents.

Is it a major turn off?

man up and get your own place how can you bring a date back to your parents not a good start "

I'm not planning on taking a meet home to my parents that's why I want to go to their place instead and if I had the money to get a place, I would.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Is it a major turn off?

man up and get your own place how can you bring a date back to your parents not a good start

I'm not planning on taking a meet home to my parents that's why I want to go to their place instead and if I had the money to get a place, I would."

What if they are also living with parents?

If you had said "we'd get an hotel" then it would make me think you can take responsibility for yourself but saying "I want to go back to their place" makes you sound immature to me. That would make me question why you're still at home.

Is it a major turn off?

I'm not planning on taking a meet home to my parents that's why I want to go to their place instead and if I had the money to get a place, I would."

take them to a hotel some well know ones only £29 a night

Is it a major turn off?

I'm not planning on taking a meet home to my parents that's why I want to go to their place instead and if I had the money to get a place, I would.

take them to a hotel some well know ones only £29 a night "

Can't do nighttime meets. That why I can only do daytime meets

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Is it a major turn off?

Can't do nighttime meets. That why I can only do daytime meets"

You can get hotels during the day too. Some have day rates.

Is it a major turn off?

"

Most hotels allow check in after 2pm, you can a few hours fun for £29...

Is it a major turn off?

If you had said "we'd get an hotel" then it would make me think you can take responsibility for yourself but saying "I want to go back to their place" makes you sound immature to me. That would make me question why you're still at home.

"

To answer your question, that's why I'm only looking for those who can accommodate. I cannot afford a place of my own with everything so expensive these days. Even though I'm on minimum wage working at a cinema, it is difficult to save up money to be able to afford a place.

get some ball if ya want it take her in the local woods or park use ya grey matter

Is it a major turn off?

Most hotels allow check in after 2pm, you can a few hours fun for £29... "

If I was to do a hotel meet, it would have to be in Blackpool and I have tried getting someone to come with me through the request forum and that didn't work.

Is it a major turn off?

To answer your question, that's why I'm only looking for those who can accommodate. I cannot afford a place of my own with everything so expensive these days. Even though I'm on minimum wage working at a cinema, it is difficult to save up money to be able to afford a place."

if ya work at a cinema take her or him on ya day off never heard or the back seat

Is it a major turn off?

To answer your question, that's why I'm only looking for those who can accommodate. I cannot afford a place of my own with everything so expensive these days. Even though I'm on minimum wage working at a cinema, it is difficult to save up money to be able to afford a place.

if ya work at a cinema take her or him on ya day off never heard or the back seat "

And risk getting sacked? I don't think so

I think it's just another complication for people, and it doesn't bother everyone.

Or some people can accommodate but prefer the privacy until they've met people a few times.

I guess living at home you can still do socials, clubs, parties, hotels etc

Is it a major turn off?

That's pretty much it really."

good question and I would say there are many answers though a lot without substantiation. The reality is many go back to parents as its difficult to start up independently after being in a relationship. I always smile at answers on threads like this as many of the same people give guys grief for cheating too or more to the point not leaving the marital home when financially it can be crippling for people who re on a tight budget.

At least you have someone to write you a note if you call off a meet if your poorly.

Is it a major turn off?

good question and I would say there are many answers though a lot without substantiation. The reality is many go back to parents as its difficult to start up independently after being in a relationship. I always smile at answers on threads like this as many of the same people give guys grief for cheating too or more to the point not leaving the marital home when financially it can be crippling for people who re on a tight budget. "

I agree with you on that. In my case with me having to pay rent and put money in my savings, I am on a tight budget most of the time depending on how much I get in wages from work.

"At least you have someone to write you a note if you call off a meet if your poorly. "

Ouch!

Gimp

Is it a major turn off?

good question and I would say there are many answers though a lot without substantiation. The reality is many go back to parents as its difficult to start up independently after being in a relationship. I always smile at answers on threads like this as many of the same people give guys grief for cheating too or more to the point not leaving the marital home when financially it can be crippling for people who re on a tight budget.

I agree with you on that. In my case with me having to pay rent and put money in my savings, I am on a tight budget most of the time depending on how much I get in wages from work."

What are you saving for ?

Is it a major turn off?

If I was to do a hotel meet, it would have to be in Blackpool and I have tried getting someone to come with me through the request forum and that didn't work."

Okay how about a daytime visit to a club, are there any in Blackpool?

Holidays and emergencies. When I say emergencies, I mean when I need some extra money just in case.

Is it a major turn off?

If I was to do a hotel meet, it would have to be in Blackpool and I have tried getting someone to come with me through the request forum and that didn't work.

Okay how about a daytime visit to a club, are there any in Blackpool?"

I had thoughts of going to a club in Manchester last year but didn't go. Was too chicken lol

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The full details of our living arrangements are limited to no business of other fab users.

Single male profile users who claim they can't accom arouse some suspicion from a few here that they are deceitful and possibly cheating on a partner. Most of us I think don't want to be an accessory to a partner being cheated on. Some don't care.

Share enough information for people to feel comfortable taking a decision upon you. You won't be appropriate for some who live with their kids or who don't want you at theirs, if you're not going to have fun in a hotel or club. First meets are often at public social spaces such as coffee shops.

Inform people very early on of your situation so that time isn't wasted on social meets if the sexual venue arrangements wouldn't fit their position. They can then make an informed choice.

As a single male you're competing with others who can accom, so you're at some disadvantage.

Use your position to your advantage through honesty and careful selection of well matched partners. Or get out to clubs and places where you can meet easily.

Is it a major turn off?

Most hotels allow check in after 2pm, you can a few hours fun for £29... "

Some let you check in before 2. Costs a bit more though I think

"...Some people have no choice but to live at home as everything is so expensive

This type of argument is my bugbear. I was in care so when I was 18 I was forced to move out and live independantly-despite how expensive it is! You learn to cope and do without the luxuries that are often now considered 'essentials'...in 6 years I've not owned a computer or had broadband or eaten take out and I've survived!

the difference is having to live like that and choosing to, I'm sure you didn't choose to live alone and struggle at 18 and had your situation been different you would had stayed at home and had more money for luxuries, why would people struggle if they don't have to "

I think that even had I not been in care I would have moved out of home, but I'd have waited a year so I'd finished my A-levels first.

With that attitude people are always going to struggle financially. Living independantly taught me to budget and prioritise between essentials and luxuries, while I have collegues in the same age range as me, earning the same amount who still live at home, contribute very little to the household and are skint a week before payday every month.

the difference is having to live like that and choosing to, I'm sure you didn't choose to live alone and struggle at 18 and had your situation been different you would had stayed at home and had more money for luxuries, why would people struggle if they don't have to

I think that even had I not been in care I would have moved out of home, but I'd have waited a year so I'd finished my A-levels first.

With that attitude people are always going to struggle financially. Living independantly taught me to budget and prioritise between essentials and luxuries, while I have collegues in the same age range as me, earning the same amount who still live at home, contribute very little to the household and are skint a week before payday every month."

My situation differs I was in a relationship for 8years engaged for 6 hate 3 children and was renting . He up and left one-day he earned the wage as I stayed at home with the kids . Once he left I had no way of getting an income and had to move out was in homeless shelter for a few months until I finally Told family my mum asked me to move home . Myself and kids would get a stable roof and I would be helping with the bills . It's 1000 Euro to rent a small 2bed apartment a month which I could never be able to afford do what I'm earning now . Plus even if I did own my own place I weakenedp invite anyone in as its my family home

By *ilkchocolate87Man  over a year ago

sw london

I couldn't fuck with my parents in!

By *iggerooooCouple  over a year ago

Conwy

To be brutally honest, there are plenty of benefits available to help with living alone on a low wage. Lots of people have life issues that just makes things impossible for them. This guy is on a low wage but cant get his own place due to saving for holidays? Get a 2nd paying job and sack the holiday ideas until your more stable, sorry but your reasons for still living with your parentals all just shout "I'm lazy" Become a man and take on the world, one life and no idea how long you get to live it. Take chances, start a business ... Work harder. Everything is possible with a bit of drive and some balls in your pants. Or think of it another way, shouldn't your parents have their house for themselves now ... Not having their adult son still live with them?

Fucking hell. The lack of empathy of some people on this site disgusts me.

OP tell the ones that don't like it to sod off. Do what makes you happy.

Brighton - even Hove!

"Fucking hell. The lack of empathy of some people on this site disgusts me.

OP tell the ones that don't like it to sod off. Do what makes you happy."

I agree.

"To be brutally honest, there are plenty of benefits available to help with living alone on a low wage.

Lots of people have life issues that just makes things impossible for them.

This guy is on a low wage but cant get his own place due to saving for holidays?

Get a 2nd paying job and sack the holiday ideas until your more stable, sorry but your reasons for still living with your parentals all just shout "I'm lazy"

Become a man and take on the world, one life and no idea how long you get to live it.

Take chances, start a business ... Work harder.

Everything is possible with a bit of drive and some balls in your pants.

Or think of it another way, shouldn't your parents have their house for themselves now ... Not having their adult son still live with them? "

Its not that simple as me and my brother are autistic and have Asperger's.

"Fucking hell. The lack of empathy of some people on this site disgusts me.

OP tell the ones that don't like it to sod off. Do what makes you happy."

Glad to see someone here understands

I had to move back in with my mum last summer after splitting up with my ex, I only moved out 3 weeks ago and now living with friends.

I understand that circumstances can arise where we have to live with parents/family so it is not a turn off for me at all.

As I don't accommodate it can make things a little tricky to arrange meeting but we all have lives outside of fab and we have to respect that about eachother.

Brighton - even Hove!

You see, folks? All too easy to have a go at people on here when you don't know them. I did know Spindler was on the ASC spectrum but it's not my place to say so. The guy has one of the better single male profiles on here and could benefit from having a little empathy.

Totally not impressed with some people.

By *otsoSnowWhiteWoman  over a year ago

My Ice Castle! South Wales

Really feeling sorry for the op as it seems he's been interrogated a bit about his living arrangements and financial situation. No wonder why a lit don't post in the forums

By *igSuki81Man  over a year ago

Retirement Village

OP everyone's situ is different. Some cause of finance, some are too dependent, some move back cause of hard times.

Whatever anyones reasons are if people look down on you cause you live with your folks are they worth bothering with??

» Add a new message to this topic