FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Smoking.......or not....

Smoking.......or not....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I stopped a week ago, cold turkey, perfectly happy, elated in fact, but this morning I've felt wretched with a craving can anyone help with their own success stories....please share

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *0hnnyBrav0Man  over a year ago

Great Wyrley

247 days cigarette free now.

Still get the craving for that cigarette. I don't think that will ever go.

My tastebuds are amazing and I now have a sense of smell! I really smell the cigarette smoke on others now and that really puts me off going back.

Keep up the good work you will be glad in the long run that you did

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

saved a fortune since stopping smoking ..think of how you will spend all the money you save ..plus not standing outside pubs in the pouring rain !

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

11 months 2 weeks smoke free and its awesome.

Imagine the craving is a chav on the bus with too loud headphones. Annoying, but you are perfectly able to ignore it and get on with having a great smoke free day!

Best of luck to you.

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

"I stopped a week ago, cold turkey, perfectly happy, elated in fact, but this morning I've felt wretched with a craving can anyone help with their own success stories....please share "

Something to distract you....

...like sex.

Think I might start smoking again, just so I can give up.

Seriously, I've been stopped (cough) number of years, the urge keeps coming back occasionally however it is nowhere near the positive benefits of not smoking.

Just remember it's not you that is wanting a cigarette, it's the nicotine receptors and who would you prefer to be in control of your body?

"I stopped a week ago, cold turkey, perfectly happy, elated in fact, but this morning I've felt wretched with a craving can anyone help with their own success stories....please share "

Wait till week six,,, and don't even so much as light one, I gave up for 6 years and had some stress, had one and I'm back in them,, you can do it, and get plenty of carrot sticks to munch on, cold Turkey is the best way xx

No story's but well done x my oh had a stroke.... Had to give up smoking then x

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"I stopped a week ago, cold turkey, perfectly happy, elated in fact, but this morning I've felt wretched with a craving can anyone help with their own success stories....please share

Wait till week six,,, and don't even so much as light one, I gave up for 6 years and had some stress, had one and I'm back in them,, you can do it, and get plenty of carrot sticks to munch on, cold Turkey is the best way xx"

that's pretty much what happened, had four years free, then hit a problem, a friend gave me a pack of cigs and a bottle of gin, that lost me a year or two! Lol. In all seriousness though, Thankyou all for your comments, and the pm's, I'm over my tantrum now and happy to share how I did it with anyone thinking of stopping.x

» Add a new message to this topic