FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Piers Morgan and the N-word

Piers Morgan and the N-word

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is he right to suggest that embracement by young black Americans of the N-word is perpetuating its use by racist whites?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Is he right to suggest that embracement by young black Americans of the N-word is perpetuating its use by racist whites?"
not interested in anything this pompous prick has to say, he's to sickly for words

"Is he right to suggest that embracement by young black Americans of the N-word is perpetuating its use by racist whites?not interested in anything this pompous prick has to say, he's to sickly for words "

Hopefully you mean Piers and not me?? . He is trending worldwide on Twitter, seems to have stirred up a hornets nest.

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

On a point of principle, Morgan is NEVER right.

"Is he right to suggest that embracement by young black Americans of the N-word is perpetuating its use by racist whites?"

I can't stand him but I think he's probably right. The N word had largely died out over here and you rarely heard it. Now people think it's a trendy word and you even here white middle class kids using it thinking they're cool.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Is he right to suggest that embracement by young black Americans of the N-word is perpetuating its use by racist whites?

I can't stand him but I think he's probably right. The N word had largely died out over here and you rarely heard it. Now people think it's a trendy word and you even here white middle class kids using it thinking they're cool. "

The word itself may have not been used by many but it has been replaced by other equally vile words by those who have such views..

think there needs to be education for those who choose to 'own it' because in doing so they allow those who wish to use it derogatorily to have a bit of a cop out..

1 ; Pies Morgan is a cunt 2; A section of society that has been abused and given labels . . Owns the right to take that label and use it as a term of affection or banter . It's the ultimate ironic spit in the eye to those that set out to use the term with hate

"1 ; Pies Morgan is a cunt 2; A section of society that has been abused and given labels . . Owns the right to take that label and use it as a term of affection or banter . It's the ultimate ironic spit in the eye to those that set out to use the term with hate "

A very well put argument.

Thanks . Talk radio. . Teaches you to understand points of view from all sides

If anyone else had said it I may have been willing to listen to their argument. However. Piers Morgan is a cunt of the highest order, he should be set on fire and then thrown in prison to be sodomized by herpes infested monkeys!

You may have guessed I dislike him a little...

"If anyone else had said it I may have been willing to listen to their argument. However. Piers Morgan is a cunt of the highest order, he should be set on fire and then thrown in prison to be sodomized by herpes infested monkeys!

You may have guessed I dislike him a little... "

He certainly divides opinion!

I'd happily divide his cock from his pelvis . And feed it to Katie Hopkins

"1 ; Pies Morgan is a cunt 2; A section of society that has been abused and given labels . . Owns the right to take that label and use it as a term of affection or banter . It's the ultimate ironic spit in the eye to those that set out to use the term with hate

A very well put argument."

"I'd happily divide his cock from his pelvis . And feed it to Katie Hopkins "

More intake of calories for her documentary.

One addition. . Little cyanide pill under his foreskin . . Sorry KH. . But the world will rejoice

[Removed by poster at 11/11/14 20:38:22]

Chris rock didn't use it as a term of affection.

And I thought it worked really well as a joke on many levels.

Piers Morgan a rite knob head, I don't like Jeramy Clarkson but I'm glad he punched his lights out

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I like the demolition job Hislop did on him on Have I got News for you and how Moron came unstuck seeking revenge.

"Chris rock didn't use it as a term of affection.

And I thought it worked really well as a joke on many levels."

his race has still earned the right. Although i think he's a cunt. But i'm sure he doesn't worry about that

By *o new WinksMan  over a year ago

BSE

Yes.

"Chris rock didn't use it as a term of affection.

And I thought it worked really well as a joke on many levels. his race has still earned the right. Although i think he's a cunt. But i'm sure he doesn't worry about that "

Whether someone's a cunt or not is a little bit irrelevant in my mind as your projecting your own dislike of the individual onto the subject bring raised.

Rocks joke caused outrage at the time because he described a section of black America using nixxer in the context a white bigoted person would use it.

I personally laughed at the joke and as in my opinion the best jokes should do, it also made me think about it.

By *bony in IvoryCouple  over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

Think there are always gonna be some people who use certain words knowing full well they are going to offend. The N word being just one of many.

That said it is used alot by black people to each other in the context,that it is to some ,not detrimental in any way.

I ( mrs) personally would never use it in any context to any of the black friends/ people I know (or infact any strangers either) It just isn't the done thing at all! But thats me and my World

"Is he right to suggest that embracement by young black Americans of the N-word is perpetuating its use by racist whites?

I can't stand him but I think he's probably right. The N word had largely died out over here and you rarely heard it. Now people think it's a trendy word and you even here white middle class kids using it thinking they're cool. "

All you have the do is listen to any rap artist to see where the influence is.

Nicki minaj

Busta rhymes

Tyga

Lil Wayne

I can't stand him but I think he's probably right. The N word had largely died out over here and you rarely heard it. Now people think it's a trendy word and you even here white middle class kids using it thinking they're cool.

All you have the do is listen to any rap artist to see where the influence is.

Nicki minaj

Busta rhymes

Tyga

Lil Wayne

"

I'm afraid I have no idea who any of them are. An old girlfriend used to listen to NWA and I got quite uncomfortable with their lyrics blaring out of her car while driving down leyton high road.

Black&White Utopia

doubt very much they would use the word in a room full of black people tho! eeeeks! (Mrs)

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

the problem with pier's premise is that you then believe that everyone who is black uses the word....

I think we should conduct a non-scientific test....

stick piers in a room of 10 black people.... piers then utters the n-word in front of each one..... then lets see the reaction from each...

then lets see if he views on the word change........

as one of the people said.... there was no need for him to bring this up, the black community have been having this discussion for years..... I personally know more that hate it than "reclaim it"......

"

stick piers in a room of 10 black people.... piers then utters the n-word in front of each one..... then lets see the reaction from each...

"

What on earth is the point of saying that! He is not advocating it suggesting he does that is incredibly childish at best.

What I get is that it's not a derogatory name for a "black person" but a derogatory name aimed at insinuating that your some sort of lower class black person. Ie a black person could still insult another black person with the word used in the right context.

Which is probably a bad description through my piss poor grammar.

I'm not sure if chav is used in the same context to describe poor white people.

Either way it's all about applying some sort of hierarchal class structure for the purpose of superiority.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

What on earth is the point of saying that! He is not advocating it suggesting he does that is incredibly childish at best. "

but up to a point his arguement is that if they are using then why can't others..... the which my answer would be "not everyone is"... and "as many hate the word than use it"....

so by that logic would be be okay for me to use the "f" word to describe gay people.... even though I have heard gay people use it themselves......

there was a word used by arsenal fans at spurs fans which was a horrible word.... I am glad you dont hear many gooners say it at all know... and people who do are normally taken to task for it...... but spurs fans now use it, and say they have reclaimed it..... its used by them to describe them, almost like a war cry....

its still a ghastly word..... can i now use it???

two wrongs don't make a right.... ignorance on one side doesn't make it right for ignorance to be used on the other......

What word's this then??

Hey, imagine if you will............

Piers Morgan has a child with Katie Hopkins!!

Their conjoining could bring down the church itself!!!

"What word's this then??

Hey, imagine if you will............

Piers Morgan has a child with Katie Hopkins!!

Their conjoining could bring down the church itself!!!

"

I thought the church were gleefully awaiting the birth of the anti Christ!

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Yes. It's a vile word and shouldn't be used by anyone. I don't understand how anyone can say they are using it to 'reclaim' it when it was a word coined by white people to designate black people as inferior.

Yes. It's a vile word and shouldn't be used by anyone. I don't understand how anyone can say they are using it to 'reclaim' it when it was a word coined by white people to designate black people as inferior. "

i repeat . .it's the ultimate irony and spit in the face to those that coined it as a hate label

Yes. It's a vile word and shouldn't be used by anyone. I don't understand how anyone can say they are using it to 'reclaim' it when it was a word coined by white people to designate black people as inferior. i repeat . .it's the ultimate irony and spit in the face to those that coined it as a hate label "

I can't agree with that. It's a hateful word that will carry on being used as long as it is seen to be fashionable.

It's a tricky one.

Some black people are not reclaiming it- they abused it themselves using it both casually an when being derogatory.

Either say it with pride or not at all if have thought.

I don't like, it's just another form of bullying name calling that plagues society.

When I was a kid we used to call stupid kids spacks and Asians pakis and gays fags and all this during the 70,s

And I look back now with a sense of how horribly small minded we were and how much better society has got regardless of remaining faults.

And I think I'm one of the few people who think kids today (most of erm) are a damn site better than we ever were.

Yes. It's a vile word and shouldn't be used by anyone. I don't understand how anyone can say they are using it to 'reclaim' it when it was a word coined by white people to designate black people as inferior. i repeat . .it's the ultimate irony and spit in the face to those that coined it as a hate label "

I don't see it as ironic. I see it as ignorant. The word is connected to events in history which cost the lives of millions.

We don't find Holocaust jokes funny. We shouldn't find this ironic or funny either.

Like calling women slags n ho's is wrong

Like calling disabled people spackers is wrong

Like calling Chinese people slinty eyed is wrong

I will ask why do them 3 topics not get discussed as much in fab or the general world? Seriously asking not trying to be inflammatory, especially the derogatory term phab bus that I regular hear when somebody does something wrong?

Alot of the younger generation growing up now in early teens probably have no idea of the origins of the word.

And the media has diluted it so much so that they just see it as a fashionable word seen in Hollywood film's.

Worst example of this I can think of is the film rush hour with Chris rock and Jackie change. I have no idea why they included this and always surprised Jackie did it considering what a great guy he is.

Anyway I digress.

Pop culture includes it in song's, TV, stand up the list goes on.

Is it a surprise it's use is becoming more widespread?

It's down to parents and teacher's /society to educate the younger generation about the horrors of racial hatred carried out over the past few hundred years. Start by teaching modern history in schools, and dumping learning about the bloody war of the roses. Learn more about the nazis, slavery and other more relevant and upto date and recent history.

That includes inner city schools with large black communities. Maybe the youth will think twice about using it if they actually understand where it came from.

*chan not change

Surely taking away the power of that hatred is a positive thing ? If you show your oppressors that you don't care what they call you. . They are shown to be less powerful

Rush hour was Chris tucker not Chris rock.

Ok.I stand corrected.

But still no excuses for them including it in the film.

"Surely taking away the power of that hatred is a positive thing ? If you show your oppressors that you don't care what they call you. . They are shown to be less powerful "
...so, let's say, if calling a certain group of people paedo's, over a very long time, was taken and 'owned' by said group of people - they're empowering themselves?? No, it shows that they've been worn down, have identity issues and suffer self-loathing

My question is, is it derogatory to use the word to one person if that person isn't offended by it?

Most black people don't use it to describe there whole race they use it for one person, and if that person isn't offended is it really up to other people to be outraged for them?

"1 ; Pies Morgan is a cunt 2; A section of society that has been abused and given labels . . Owns the right to take that label and use it as a term of affection or banter . It's the ultimate ironic spit in the eye to those that set out to use the term with hate "

Is there a section of society - anywhere - that HASN'T been abused and given labels?? x

Is it maybe that white conservative (small c) people feel uncomfortable with the word and therefore cannot understand why the black community wishes to embrace it in the way some have?

I find the word uncomfortable, I used to play football in a predominantly black team where some (not all) of the players would use the term frequently. While they were my friends, team mates, people I would be willing to stand up for, I felt excluded by the use of the word knowing I could not speak it. But was that my problem or does it highlight the issues with the word (and others) which have been adopted by oppressed groups?

Black&White Utopia

"Is it maybe that white conservative (small c) people feel uncomfortable with the word and therefore cannot understand why the black community wishes to embrace it in the way some have?

I find the word uncomfortable, I used to play football in a predominantly black team where some (not all) of the players would use the term frequently. While they were my friends, team mates, people I would be willing to stand up for, I felt excluded by the use of the word knowing I could not speak it. But was that my problem or does it highlight the issues with the word (and others) which have been adopted by oppressed groups?"

I would call it respect! I wouldn't use the word even if black people with me chose to. Only way I can explain that for me is; I can call any member of my family or close friends anything.. But its a deffinate No for any other person to call em it! For me its deffinatly a respect thing. If a black person pissed me off, I would tell them about themselves if needed... ( As I would any person )But can put my point across without using the N word!!

"1 ; Pies Morgan is a cunt 2; A section of society that has been abused and given labels . . Owns the right to take that label and use it as a term of affection or banter . It's the ultimate ironic spit in the eye to those that set out to use the term with hate

Is there a section of society - anywhere - that HASN'T been abused and given labels?? x"

How groups are affected is different. Power is the main decider. If the group you are in is abused and labelled but it is a powerful group, eg bankers, politicians, it really hasn't the same effect. When you are part of a group which is powerless and have a history of being disenfranchised by society in one way or another, then derogatory terms have more power as they are one of the means used to keep you in your place.

That's why the term 'honky' never had the same power as the N word.

» Add a new message to this topic