FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > coffee in reserve

coffee in reserve

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ust Rachel OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

Has anyone seen this advertised anywhere?

Basically you buy a coffee for some one to collect later, say a homeless person.

IfI like the idea of the scheme but am a bit sceptical of it, I am sure this doesn't happen but what is to stop the shop owner taking the payment then not give out the coffee later.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You can ask in the coffee chains, st*rbucks oats et al

Being the cynic I am, think I'd prefer to go and buy the coffee and give it to someone.

I've heard of it in America, so wouldn't suprise me if it's crept over here, its a good idea.

By *octor DeleriumMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Whilst having provided sandwiches and hot drinks to beggars, on occasion some cash e.g. £20 at Christmas when it was flipping freezing, my altruistic tendencies have fallen off a cliff when I spotted the last 'beggar' with an iPhone.

Just back from Rome where the beggar collections appear to be tied into something much larger and co-ordinated, with hunched old ladies being re-positioned by young men selling bus tours on the way into Saint Peter's Square.

American beggars tend to get antsy about being offered food and drink; they want cash for drugs, alcohol and gambling.

My days of being directly helpful are over, and I now support the homeless through charities such as St. Mungo's.

Doctor Nasty

» Add a new message to this topic