FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Smoking in car

Smoking in car

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hyllyphylly OP   Man  over a year ago

Bradford

Next month, you won’t be allowed to smoke in your own car if you have children riding with you. If you do, you’ll be fined £60 or you’ll have five points added onto your driving licence.

So, if you’re a driver who is considered to be failing to take ‘reasonable steps’ to prevent others smoking in cars with children, you can face a fine up to £10,000. Just imagine how many cartons of cigarettes you could buy with £10,000.

The law applies to any cars carrying children and, in addition to this, a proper ban will come into place in December, being implemented proper in October 2015.

Obviously, smokers are going to have to start putting their children on the roof rack if they want to get stuck into some Benson & Hedges.

Prime Minister David Cameron said: “The time has come,” for a ban, like some ominous overlord.

This change in law will be made under provisions in the Children and Famlies Act. Legally speaking, a child is anyone up to the age of 18, but of course, 16 year olds can toot bifters as well, so that’ll be a fun game for those enforcing the law.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

England only?

Any word on E-Cigs in cars?

By *uicylucy76Woman  over a year ago

thornton cleveleys

And about time aswell!!! Really pisses me off when I see people smoking with their kids in the car!

"Next month, you won’t be allowed to smoke in your own car if you have children riding with you. If you do, you’ll be fined £60 or you’ll have five points added onto your driving licence.

So, if you’re a driver who is considered to be failing to take ‘reasonable steps’ to prevent others smoking in cars with children, you can face a fine up to £10,000. Just imagine how many cartons of cigarettes you could buy with £10,000.

The law applies to any cars carrying children and, in addition to this, a proper ban will come into place in December, being implemented proper in October 2015.

Obviously, smokers are going to have to start putting their children on the roof rack if they want to get stuck into some Benson & Hedges.

Prime Minister David Cameron said: “The time has come,” for a ban, like some ominous overlord.

This change in law will be made under provisions in the Children and Famlies Act. Legally speaking, a child is anyone up to the age of 18, but of course, 16 year olds can toot bifters as well, so that’ll be a fun game for those enforcing the law.

"

dirty habit anyway , glad I stopped but when I did smoke i never smoked in my cock

"Next month, you won’t be allowed to smoke in your own car if you have children riding with you. If you do, you’ll be fined £60 or you’ll have five points added onto your driving licence.

dirty habit anyway , glad I stopped but when I did smoke i never smoked in my cock "

In your cock??

Cardiff

dirty habit anyway , glad I stopped but when I did smoke i never smoked in my cock "

Thats defenatly banned already

"England only?

Any word on E-Cigs in cars?"

you don't know what shit you are inhaling Even with them

I personally think this an excellent idea. The adults can make their own life-choice and have a ciggie in the car, while the child gets out and walks and gets some very healthy exercise. Brilliant.

I think it's quite sad they have to bring in a law to stop parents smoking in cars with kids, you would think they would willingly do this

Cardiff

"England only?

you don't know what shit you are inhaling Even with them "

About the same as a normal cigarette.

Oh no. Im willing to take the gamble instead of the gamble with a normal cigarette.

They have been out in Sweden for 10 years.

Ive been on mine for 2 years

Im doing ok

[Removed by poster at 10/11/14 13:55:19]

"England only?

Oh no. Im willing to take the gamble instead of the gamble with a normal cigarette.

Im doing ok

what the point if you stop smoking normal cigs why smoke something fake some weir folk about, I've stopped 7 months now and I don't intend to start again even cigs. "

"I think it's quite sad they have to bring in a law to stop parents smoking in cars with kids, you would think they would willingly do this "

I'm sure the majority of parents do, this'll just bring the rest of parents into line. The type parent who needs to be told.

"England only?

Im doing ok"

Well like everything in life that's why you'd regulate it so you could know what's in it.

Nicotine in itself is harmless in small doses but lethal in large doses the opposite to arsenic which can be eaten in great big handfuls at little cost but a gram a day for two weeks is lethal.

Really what chemicals people choose to put in their body's is their decision providing it does no harm to others.

Cardiff

"England only?

Im doing ok

what the point if you stop smoking normal cigs why smoke something fake some weir folk about, I've stopped 7 months now and I don't intend to start ago even cigs. "

Lets not fuck around. I am a weirdo. However, Im a nice one, probably the nicest one you could meet.

But enough of that, back to your point.

Im smoking real fucking nicotine, thats all. Other than veg oil, colouring and flavouring. The ingredients are listed.

However, I go outside to smoke it, as I would a normal ciggarette as I dont want others to feel nervous like Im blowing ebola or some other shit in their face.

Its a lot better for all smokers to put their fags down, pick one of these up and crack on. Yeah its probably better to give up altogether, but no thanks, I like my e cig.

Makes me feel well hard

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I think it's quite sad they have to bring in a law to stop parents smoking in cars with kids, you would think they would willingly do this "

ditto..

I have no problem with people being fined smoking in a car with kids but what about in the home ?

what I don't agree with is the 5 points on your license .... what the fuck has smoking got to do with making you drive badly, same should go for taking your eyes off the road for changing a CD or radio station, what next, points for blinking "closing your eyes while in charge of a motor vehicle", 25 points banned for 20 years...

I think people who smoke in thier cars with the kids in the back are just plain crazy what makes it worse is i see quite alot of them doing it with all the windows fully closed which is dreadful

" 16 year olds can toot bifters as well" I have no idea what this means but am assuming you know that it is illegal for an under 18 to. Purchase tobacco?

This. Sadly this law is more about combating stupidity and selfishness than it is about protecting children.

It's not a bad thing but I'd rather we have no need for it

By *icefellatwoMan  over a year ago

hastings

"I personally think this an excellent idea. The adults can make their own life-choice and have a ciggie in the car, while the child gets out and walks and gets some very healthy exercise. Brilliant. "

As they are walking 4inch exhaust pipes chucking crap out !

Cardiff

"" 16 year olds can toot bifters as well" I have no idea what this means but am assuming you know that it is illegal for an under 18 to. Purchase tobacco? "

Its illegal for someone to sell them it.

i agree with ban on smoking in cars enclosed space with children BUT why WONT the GOVERNMENT just ban the sale of fags they wont cos they like the tax everyone pays on fags, two faced government are.

Cardiff

"i agree with ban on smoking in cars enclosed space with children BUT why WONT the GOVERNMENT just ban the sale of fags they wont cos they like the tax everyone pays on fags, two faced government are. "

Ok so say they did ban it AND IT WASN'T on the black market.

Where do they get the extra tax revenues and how do they cope with people living longer?

I'd happily ban them aswell btw

agree

"i agree with ban on smoking in cars enclosed space with children BUT why WONT the GOVERNMENT just ban the sale of fags they wont cos they like the tax everyone pays on fags, two faced government are. "

Because then they'd have to ban alcohol too and I can't see that happening anytime soon

I'm glad they're banning smoking in cars with children in them,its disgusting to see

No government in the world would ever ban them. The tobacco industry is too powerful. And I suspect that no government wants to commit political suicide by forcing a sizeable chunk of the country to go cold turkey against their will!

By *heCrowAndButterflyCouple  over a year ago

Rushden

Totally agree although the intentions may sound good and stopping people smoking when children are in the car is great lets not forget the fact it is also and most likely their primary goal to raise some extra cash! If they truly only cared about peoples health they would outright ban the sale of tobacco amongst other unhealthy things. And this isn't me preaching the good as I smoke and eat allsorts of unhealthy crap, would I smoke in the car with kids in though is a big no

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"they wont cos they like the tax everyone pays on fags, two faced government are.

Where do they get the extra tax revenues and how do they cope with people living longer?

"

I refer you to Yes Prime Minister, where this was discussed rather eloquently.

The govt earns revenue from smokers buying cigarettes, but loses money when they go into hospital to have smoking related diseases treated, but then saves a lot of money when they die younger than they would, losing years worth of pensions and other old age benefits.

I like Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

"

Why not get a cabriolet and smoke with the kids in the car with the top down?

"I personally think this an excellent idea. The adults can make their own life-choice and have a ciggie in the car, while the child gets out and walks and gets some very healthy exercise. Brilliant.

As they are walking 4inch exhaust pipes chucking crap out ! "

Shhhh.............don't point out the fact that there are more toxins present in "city" air to worry about - the cyclists are filtering them for us eco-friendly car drivers to breathe

The World Health Organisation has recently revised its figures and reported that nearly one in eight of the world's deaths – more than 7 million people a year – are now the direct result of air pollution.

Exactly! I'm a smoker and would never dream of smoking in the car even when my son isn't in it. I also only smoke in the garden and only have the odd one in the house if he is staying at grannies for the night. I just wish they would ban smoking altogether maybe then I might find the bloody willpower to stop. I hate being hooked!!!

Dear God and they say it stunts your growth. What size would your bazookas be if you'd never picked up a ciggy?

Cardiff

"they wont cos they like the tax everyone pays on fags, two faced government are.

I refer you to Yes Prime Minister, where this was discussed rather eloquently.

The govt earns revenue from smokers buying cigarettes, but loses money when they go into hospital to have smoking related diseases treated, but then saves a lot of money when they die younger than they would, losing years worth of pensions and other old age benefits.

I like Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister "

Haha ok, so what do we do, not ban them and let people die quicker?

Ive never watched that/those programmes you mentioned.

Ive never watched any political programme from start to finish or The Simpsons

Cardiff

Why not get a cabriolet and smoke with the kids in the car with the top down?"

If its raining the kids are going to get pissed off

Cardiff

and pissed on

"i agree with ban on smoking in cars enclosed space with children BUT why WONT the GOVERNMENT just ban the sale of fags they wont cos they like the tax everyone pays on fags, two faced government are.

No government in the world would ever ban them. The tobacco industry is too powerful. And I suspect that no government wants to commit political suicide by forcing a sizeable chunk of the country to go cold turkey against their will!"

North Korea has....

Kim Jong Un quit smoking and then made it illegal for anyone else to smoke!

By *aughty grease monkeyMan  over a year ago

Coventry

Best place for kiss roof rack of car must get one fitted shame I drive a soft top drop the roof let them freeze

By *atelotmanMan  over a year ago

Chatham

Its alright banning smoking in your car while you have kids on board,but how are they going to enforce it?Look at the law on mobile phones an driving how many drivers do you see still doing it, tons around here.

"Its alright banning smoking in your car while you have kids on board,but how are they going to enforce it?Look at the law on mobile phones an driving how many drivers do you see still doing it, tons around here."

That's very TRUE!!

Cardiff

Its not as if the Police are busy or anything, they could do with the extra hassle Im sure

"And about time aswell!!! Really pisses me off when I see people smoking with their kids in the car!"

"Its not as if the Police are busy or anything, they could do with the extra hassle Im sure"

Why would they need to police it? If parents gave a shit about their kids they wouldn't be smoking near them anyway!

Oh wait..........

Cardiff

"Its not as if the Police are busy or anything, they could do with the extra hassle Im sure

Why would they need to police it? If parents gave a shit about their kids they wouldn't be smoking near them anyway!

Oh wait.........."

Ok, so what happens now?

Do I type the bit about the Police already being busy as it is again?

You've left me confused sorry.

I don't think many responsible parents smoke in enclosed spaces with their kids, except the "idiot brigade" and no fine from the police will ever stop that lot.

Stuff like that is an educational issue where you can only convert the next generation.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Meanwhile police and local authority bugets and staff numbers cut.

Judge people by what they do rather than say. Talk is cheap and plenty of hot air from waffling politicians.

There will be next to no arrests etc, as there are for dangerous mobile phone using drivers likewise.

They pretend their commitment and it's about time we weren't mugs and accepted complete unworkable claptrap as honesty.

We also need to take massive steps to clean up pollution that will likely take years off lives, but it doesn't grab attention like jumping on the fag bandwagon does.

Sadly some parents just won't listen and will happily smoke in front of kids, but this gives police better rights and chance to actually reduce and educate them, in a language they often understand.

"Sadly some parents just won't listen and will happily smoke in front of kids, but this gives police better rights and chance to actually reduce and educate them, in a language they often understand. "
.Your living in a world I don't recognise, I'm from those estates and I can tell you 100% those people who do it from those estates won't give a rats arse about what some copper lectures them over.

Just forget that generation their too old and too stuck in their ways, spend the money educating their kids and maybe in 20 years you might get somewhere.

On another note I'd like to see some of these fat parents with their fat kids stuffing their faces constantly get fined and flogged.

Trouble is their not my kids and as much as I personally dislike something, that's life!.

It's also interesting to note that as many people who post on the poppy thread declaring the undying support to "live in a free country" almost always want to remove freedoms when it doesn't suit them!.

With free speech comes things you don't wish to hear, with freedoms comes things you wish to ban.

You can't have it always.

Those who smoke with kids in car deserve all they get the kids dont ask to be poisoned.

Shows what uncaring parents they are.

"Sadly some parents just won't listen and will happily smoke in front of kids, but this gives police better rights and chance to actually reduce and educate them, in a language they often understand. .Your living in a world I don't recognise, I'm from those estates and I can tell you 100% those people who do it from those estates won't give a rats arse about what some copper lectures them over.

Just forget that generation their too old and too stuck in their ways, spend the money educating their kids and maybe in 20 years you might get somewhere."

What estates? Eh?

And I just meant that at least police can do something legally now, which is only a good thing. No offence intended, I'm not a snob or from a silver spoon upbringing.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"On another note I'd like to see some of these fat parents with their fat kids stuffing their faces constantly get fined and flogged.

Trouble is their not my kids and as much as I personally dislike something, that's life!.

It's also interesting to note that as many people who post on the poppy thread declaring the undying support to "live in a free country" almost always want to remove freedoms when it doesn't suit them!.

With free speech comes things you don't wish to hear, with freedoms comes things you wish to ban.

You can't have it always."

This. One hundred thumbs.

That is exactly what I thought! The world never ceases to amaze me.

"I think it's quite sad they have to bring in a law to stop parents smoking in cars with kids, you would think they would willingly do this

I'm sure the majority of parents do, this'll just bring the rest of parents into line. The type parent who needs to be told. "

I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but no parent worth their stock needs to be told. Maybe those parents need some help as parents and one to one may be better than an all - encompassing law.

Fuck me sideways. Is this all we have left to legislate against?

Is there nothing left but to make what should be common sense into law?

» Add a new message to this topic