FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I wonder why???

I wonder why???

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

People take a dislike to you without knowing you.....It is a strange one....Oh well....xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ast and modifiedCouple  over a year ago

near glasgow

"People take a dislike to you without knowing you.....It is a strange one....Oh well....xx"
a widnae bother ma arse aboot it and i certainlt wouldnt lose any sleep either.there loss

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Why worry or fret?

This is a swing site not a family run institution..

There are plenty more out there that will like you.

Paddy xx

I dont, i just dont get it.....aye dislike someone when you know them....dont make judgements about people....heho....xxx

Human nature.

I have a couple of colleagues who are very polite, helpful, no trouble whatsoever, inoffensive, never looked at me funny, said anything unpleasant about me or anyone else...and I can't stand their guts!!!

My dad used to have a saying..."his spirit just didn't take to someone" and that's the only way I can put it.

Unfair - but there you are!

By *prite128Woman  over a year ago

maidstone

your dad had a great saying there .... i think its our gut instinct working when we feel like that even against anything rational we can put our fingers on.

I think it must be my face they dislike... can't blame them!

To be fair this is like a shopping website with thousands of members,.. forget the few bad apples and enjoy the crumbles!

"I think it must be my face they dislike... can't blame them!

To be fair this is like a shopping website with thousands of members,.. forget the few bad apples and enjoy the crumbles!"

I agree.

Not with the shopping bit .. with the face bit.

We all have our own outlook on life, it's different strokes....

Sassy, great qoute, you must be very proud of your dad, sometimes more means less.

I'm a strong believer in gut feelings.

Paddy xx

"People take a dislike to you without knowing you.....It is a strange one....Oh well....xx"

Its the same where ever you go. Some things people do just put you off people. It can be a look, attitude, lifestyle, cleanliness. Not everyone can like everyone. I always think for every one who doesn't like then 5 will like you.

if they dont know you, you shouldnt really be offended....it means they havent picked out something about your personality to dislike.

therefore, the fault lies with them and not you.

and as you say, you dont know them...there's millions of other folk in the world you dont know either....you cant care about everyones opinion!

By *ixson-BallsMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

i once read that if you dislike someone without ever knowing them or speaking to them, it was to do with meeting them in a former life..re-incartnation and all that... make of it what you want but another theory to chuck into this debate

"We all have our own outlook on life, it's different strokes....

Sassy, great qoute, you must be very proud of your dad, sometimes more means less.

I'm a strong believer in gut feelings.

Paddy xx

"

He had loads...had us all in stiches, and still does, as we quote him often, even though he's been dead 18 months!

Don't see anything wrong with disliking someone, myself. Sometimes it's just an absolute feeling, deep inside, base on nothing.

It's not human nature to be goody goody and love everyone, it's convoluted social pressure.

That gut feeling we get about people is a key part of our self-preservation responses, to recognise dangerous situations and to assess potential sexual partners (how appropriate!)

Gut feelings are useful and often enough proved right. But personally I prefer to take a little time to get to know people. First impressions can be wrong and sometimes people can surprise you!

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

I have to dislike people- if I liked everyone I'd have to remember all their names, and my memory isn't good enough.

unfortuneatley you can't be liked by everyone its a mystery of life !!

Are you really bothered?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I have no idea if people who dont know me like or dislike me, i wouldnt even waste a second thinking about it. The only people i care about whether they like me or not is those i look upon as friends. I certainly dont like everyone so certainly dont expect everyone to like me

By *uss PussWoman  over a year ago

east cheshire

"I have no idea if people who dont know me like or dislike me, i wouldnt even waste a second thinking about it. The only people i care about whether they like me or not is those i look upon as friends. I certainly dont like everyone so certainly dont expect everyone to like me"

I luuuuurve you

"I have to dislike people- if I liked everyone I'd have to remember all their names, and my memory isn't good enough.

"

not to mention birthdays...i cant even remember my own!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"I have no idea if people who dont know me like or dislike me, i wouldnt even waste a second thinking about it. The only people i care about whether they like me or not is those i look upon as friends. I certainly dont like everyone so certainly dont expect everyone to like me

I luuuuurve you "

I luv you too and see you survived your holiday lol

By *uss PussWoman  over a year ago

east cheshire

"I have no idea if people who dont know me like or dislike me, i wouldnt even waste a second thinking about it. The only people i care about whether they like me or not is those i look upon as friends. I certainly dont like everyone so certainly dont expect everyone to like me

I luuuuurve you

I luv you too and see you survived your holiday lol"

just LOL

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

"your dad had a great saying there .... i think its our gut instinct working when we feel like that even against anything rational we can put our fingers on.

"

oh i have something to put your fingers upon.

to paraphrase Paul Daniels, "it's not a lot but you'll like it"

"not to mention birthdays...i cant even remember my own!"

It's next week, apparently. We're coming up to give you a surprise party....

D'oh!

Someone, one can form an opinion of another person just by reading his/her profile and on-line communications, and via chat etc., without meeting him/her in person.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I use the care if i was liked or not.. but not, it doesn't bother me.. it's not as if they know you, they only have a perception of you......

anyway... those who don't like you, there loss.... concentrate on those that do, and they will reap the reward of being the best person you can be.....

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"I have no idea if people who dont know me like or dislike me, i wouldnt even waste a second thinking about it. The only people i care about whether they like me or not is those i look upon as friends. I certainly dont like everyone so certainly dont expect everyone to like me"

i care way too much about whether people like me or not

I like myself, and if others don't like me, it is their problem, not mine!

I like myself too ! I like lots of members off this site.

But still waiting for someone to like me off this site too .

Any clues ?

I choose to send pics in private to people I wish to meet , clear face pics . I dont like idea of being displayed in public . Discretion must count for something.

It's good old human nature I'm afraid. You take an immediate liking to someone but on the other hand you can do the exact opposite.

It's just the way things are.

To the OP - an honest question, has there ever been a time when, for some unexplained reason YOU'VE looked at someone on, say a forum, and thought, "I'm not very keen on them"

I bet you have if you are to be honest

"I like myself too ! I like lots of members off this site.

But still waiting for someone to like me off this site too .

Any clues ?

"

Go to a club or social. Be likeable.

"It's good old human nature I'm afraid. You take an immediate liking to someone but on the other hand you can do the exact opposite.

It's just the way things are.

To the OP - an honest question, has there ever been a time when, for some unexplained reason YOU'VE looked at someone on, say a forum, and thought, "I'm not very keen on them"

I bet you have if you are to be honest"

To be honest yes...maybe it will be way someone posts something, the wording....now that might not have been the way they ment it, its just their typing style/or they may mean exactly what it reads like....

It's also true to say that the way some people word their profiles makes people think: "Why is that person so negative and down on life? Why would anyone want to meet someone that miserable?"

If you saw a shop window display that said, "We do not assist our customers as everything is on display so find your own way round." - you'd walk straight past it, wouldn't you?

A profile on here is no different and people get into swinging to have fun, so a profile full of 'dont do this' and 'dont do that' is basically saying: Dont contact me.

"It's also true to say that the way some people word their profiles makes people think: "Why is that person so negative and down on life? Why would anyone want to meet someone that miserable?"

If you saw a shop window display that said, "We do not assist our customers as everything is on display so find your own way round." - you'd walk straight past it, wouldn't you?

A profile on here is no different and people get into swinging to have fun, so a profile full of 'dont do this' and 'dont do that' is basically saying: Dont contact me."

And maybe some profiles are worded like that, for that very reason. 'Dont contact me', unless you can talk about more than sex, unless you can pick up on the subtle humour.

Maybe some profiles start off nice and fluffy, but after lots of wanna fuck/wanna chat/wanna f**k me with a strap on/what do you mean you cant meet in 10 mins your just a fat slag anyways/and various messages like that, the profile evolves into something else.

And I would rather be in contact with people that can see past the harsh profile, and can make a joke about my 'demands', 'I have a cat, but its old and on its way out'/'Im just triming my beard, what are you into?', messages that make you laugh.

» Add a new message to this topic