FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Amal Nitrate (or 'Poppers')

Amal Nitrate (or 'Poppers')

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone know the legality of Amal?

Anyone else tried it during 'love play'?

Anyone care to inform of any dangers involved with its 'use'?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Prefer not to use chemicals to get our kicks

By *orneyashell87Couple  over a year ago

stockotn on tees

Its been took out of most poppers so u don't get as strong as kick we've been using them in sex for years and we love it xx

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Killed Peter Sellars

all i remember from 20ish years ago when we used to have them while clubbing (briefly)- they give you a bitch of a headache and aren't really that fun....hence the very brief period of use

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"Anyone know the legality of Amal?

Anyone else tried it during 'love play'?

Anyone care to inform of any dangers involved with its 'use'?"

It makes you have uncontrollable urges to be affectionate and kind to immigrants. Reviewing a previous thread... You may find Amal useful.

Amyl Nitrate on the other hand is now a banned substance and no longer found in poppers that are sold in Europe.

Poppers still are sold but they are weak and just give you a headache. Previous threads on this matter have contained information that is simply not factual. They are not drugs, they don't make you d*unk and violent like alcohol and they don't make you breath smell like an ashtray like cigarettes do. They are sold over the counter at Ann Summers and other sex shops. We have and do use them from time to time and others don't.

If you want the real deal - google Canadian export Jungle Juice.

"Its been took out of most poppers so u don't get as strong as kick we've been using them in sex for years and we love it xx"

I've occasionally used it, though my partners don't like being 'too' out of control, so I can't pass comment on the perspective females get from it.

Any females care to enlighten me?

'Bobbytupper': Re: Peter Sellars death; did it really? Elaborate please.

By *nigmatic1Woman  over a year ago

A seaside town near you!

Sorry but I'm a big fan of poppers during sex!! They enhance the feeling so nicely for me! Some do some don't, some will some won't but each to their own is my motto.

And for the record, I'm high up in the nursing field and do not ever use drugs in any way shape or form so that should answer anyone's question as to whether they are drugs or not

Oops, maybe I should allow more time to elapse before posting any further questions.

Thanks 'Too Hot' for informing me.

A seaside town near you!

P,s Peter sellers had 15 heart attacks before the big one killed him! I doubt poppers would have made any difference to that!

Legal to own. Illegal to use

North West

"P,s Peter sellers had 15 heart attacks before the big one killed him! I doubt poppers would have made any difference to that! "

It is alleged however that the first one that he had in 1964 whilst he and Brit Ekland were having a serious session was somehow linked to poppers. As it happened it was a heart attack that he never really recovered from and had about thirteen in quick succession, followed by another one years later and the final one that killed him.

He never denied using poppers with Brit Ekland and the medical opinion at the time linked the heart attack to poppers. Whether these days the medics could do a better job of working out if it was poppers or he had a dodgy heart anyway and doing Brit Ekland for hours on end was too much for his heart.

I hate the stuff, I prefer men I play with no to use them, infact if they want a shag i insist they put them away if they get a bottle out

By *ruitWoman  over a year ago

near kings lynn

"Prefer not to use chemicals to get our kicks"

With you all the way x

North West

"Prefer not to use chemicals to get our kicks

With you all the way x"

Alcohol too

near kings lynn

With you all the way x

Alcohol too "

Now I will drink alcohol but regularly attend clubs parties and meets in general without having a drink. I don't need it to get naughty

With you all the way x

Alcohol too "

Avoid alcohol during a meet too

Used them many times, easy way to lose inhibitions and maybe try something new, good fun if used in moderation

A seaside town near you!

"Legal to own. Illegal to use"

Not true!

Caution needed if you suffer high blood pressure or cardiac disease can induce stroke or heart attack

I like poppers ooooh yes

near kings lynn

I am far too much of a goody too shoes to try anything like that.

Sometimes I laugh at myself!

I just can't see why people feel the need to put chemicals in to their body?

Each to their own etc but i'd never touch the crap.

Sex for me is about connecting with the person & feeling the lust & passion. Not fumbling about half scoofed on legal highs!

Mrs N.

I cant stand them... If someone is using them around others I find it very rude...

They make me very ill and I've never taken them just been exposed when someone took them right next to me

Cali x

"Prefer not to use chemicals to get our kicks"

We agree. We Prefer to meet with a clear head. We'd never meet anyone we knew to be on 'poppers' either. Or anything else for that matter.

"I cant stand them... If someone is using them around others I find it very rude...

They make me very ill and I've never taken them just been exposed when someone took them right next to me

Cali x"

I would have told them to do one! Friend or not. Why should you be made ill for someones selfishness? X

By *eMontresMan  over a year ago

Halesowen

It's Amyl Nitrite - Amyl Nitrate will kill you!!!

It's one of the biggest popular misnomers - no matter how many times you tell people, they insist on using the wrong name.

As for the whole "my body is a temple, no chemicals etc etc", I guess you don't drink tea or coffee then, let alone alcohol or red bull, you never have any processed or no-organic food either?

Everything you consume is chemistry.

Halesowen

non-organic

North West

"

Sex for me is about connecting with the person & feeling the lust & passion. Not fumbling about half scoofed on legal highs!

Mrs N.

"

I hear what you are saying but you see more pissed people and smokers in a Club than you see people using poppers. Unless on a puritanical basis you mean that the perfectly legal chemicals that you chose are ok but the legal substances that other people choose are not ok?

God, just as well no-one mentioned "E" orgies and pot parties from the 80's and 90's !

By *tloversCouple  over a year ago

Warrington

We love poppers. .They sell them in our local newsagents.

Love sex without them but sex on poppers blows my mind!!

I always tell meets we may use them beforehand tho

A seaside town near you!

"I like poppers ooooh yes "

"

Mrs N.

I hear what you are saying but you see more pissed people and smokers in a Club than you see people using poppers. Unless on a puritanical basis you mean that the perfectly legal chemicals that you chose are ok but the legal substances that other people choose are not ok?

God, just as well no-one mentioned "E" orgies and pot parties from the 80's and 90's ! "

I never said anything about the amount of people who you see in clubs smoking drinking taking drugs etc. bit of a twist of my words there!

& what legal chemicals would it be that I use? I'm intrigued to know how you seem to know me so well as to know what I use/don't use??

& I did say each to their own. But that was bypassed in your rant. So how you managed to perceive me as a prude I don't know?

Halesowen

Most of them today are iso butyl or pentyl nitrite, which is nowhere near as good as amyl nitrite, though you can still get amyl if you hunt for it on the web

"Most of them today are iso butyl or pentyl nitrite, which is nowhere near as good as amyl nitrite, though you can still get amyl if you hunt for it on the web"

Wasn't one of the chemicals in it years ago also used as a vinyl record cleaner? - I heard someone say that a long time ago. Always wondered if there was any truth in it.

Halesowen

They are organic solvents, but I wouldn't use a nitrite on vinyl as it would at the very least soften it. I've used old nitrite that has gone off a bit to clean cd player lenses, tape player heads and electrical contacts (i.e. metal and glass).

Water is best for vinyl

North West

"

Mrs N.

God, just as well no-one mentioned "E" orgies and pot parties from the 80's and 90's !

I never said anything about the amount of people who you see in clubs smoking drinking taking drugs etc. bit of a twist of my words there!

& what legal chemicals would it be that I use? I'm intrigued to know how you seem to know me so well as to know what I use/don't use??

& I did say each to their own. But that was bypassed in your rant. So how you managed to perceive me as a prude I don't know? "

Team coffee, alcohol, tobacco, sugar all perfectly legal chemicals - as are poppers.

something up with folk that need chemical stimulants for sex unless a medical problem.

[Removed by poster at 09/11/14 22:33:08]

"something up with folk that need chemical stimulants for sex unless a medical problem."

I totally agree with you!

But be careful with comments like that on here. Didn't you know you aren't allowed an opinion if it's different from others.....

"

Mrs N.

& I did say each to their own. But that was bypassed in your rant. So how you managed to perceive me as a prude I don't know?

Team coffee, alcohol, tobacco, sugar all perfectly legal chemicals - as are poppers."

Well i'm only guilty of sugar. As I don't smoke or drink. & have always hated tea & coffee. But please tell me how these 'chemicals' (mainly sugar) enhance sex in the same format as poppers? I'm very intrigued now.....

I'm obviously not taking enough. One or two chocolate bars a week aren't enhancing anything so far..

Warrington

It's not a case of needing it...its a case of making it even better!

I don't 'need' 2 men to get turned on...but 2 men do massively turn me on!

"It's not a case of needing it...its a case of making it even better!

I don't 'need' 2 men to get turned on...but 2 men do massively turn me on! "

Agree it makes it better

North West

"

Mrs N.

Team coffee, alcohol, tobacco, sugar all perfectly legal chemicals - as are poppers.

Well i'm only guilty of sugar. As I don't smoke or drink. & have always hated tea & coffee. But please tell me how these 'chemicals' (mainly sugar) enhance sex in the same format as poppers? I'm very intrigued now.....

I'm obviously not taking enough. One or two chocolate bars a week aren't enhancing anything so far.."

You should read back what you said...

" I just can't see why people feel the need to put chemicals in to their body?"

You / we all of us wittingly put chemicals into our bodies all of the time. I am saying it is somewhat hypocritical on a swingers sex site to judge people on which perfectly legal "chemicals" or "drugs" are and are not acceptable.

There are very few people who do not consume alcohol which was identified by Lancet as the single most dangerous drug of all in our society. I just think it is somewhat hypocritical of some people to judge which legal chemicals (or drugs) people should use, if they themselves drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes, drink coffee or get energy from sugar.

Long before the internet freedoms of expressions that we now enjoy and I was living in Spain, I enjoyed sex parties and orgies fuelled by illegal drugs and I will tell you now - I would rather be there than with d*unkards that we often meet these days in Clubs in the UK.

"

Mrs N.

I'm obviously not taking enough. One or two chocolate bars a week aren't enhancing anything so far..

You / we all of us wittingly put chemicals into our bodies all of the time. I am saying it is somewhat hypocritical on a swingers sex site to judge people on which perfectly legal "chemicals" or "drugs" are and are not acceptable.

There are very few people who do not consume alcohol which was identified by Lancet as the single most dangerous drug of all in our society. I just think it is somewhat hypocritical of some people to judge which legal chemicals (or drugs) people should use, if they themselves drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes, drink coffee or get energy from sugar.

Long before the internet freedoms of expressions that we now enjoy and I was living in Spain, I enjoyed sex parties and orgies fuelled by illegal drugs and I will tell you now - I would rather be there than with d*unkards that we often meet these days in Clubs in the UK."

I can't see how I was hypocritical. & I did say in my original post "each to their own" - so as not to be hypocritical. Or offend anyone. Whats good for one isn't always good for all. Isn't every one allowed an individual outlook? I wasn't aware that to be a member of fab we had to conform & act like sheep all following one another.

At the end of the day every person is allowed an opinion wether you agree with it or not. Doesn't mean that because you don't agree you have the right to sit on your high horse about it slagging off those who think differently from you.

Yeah I have sugar in my diet. It doesn't make me high or increase my sex drive in a false pretence like some other legal chemicals. I also clean my house with dettol anti bac. - doesn't mean i'm going to swallow or inhale it to have 'better' sex with my hubby. Nitrates nitrites are an organic solvent used to clean things. - as states above on someone else's post. I personally don't think it's right to knowingly put something like that in your body. This thread was about 'poppers' not tea coffee alcohol sugar non organic foods. Polluted air outside etc etc bloody etc...

these forums are about folk able to express their opinions aren't they?. I wasn't the only person on here to disagree with taking them. But I guess that I was the lucky one to be targeted tonight eh? Oh well at least some other poor sods getting an easy night!

"something up with folk that need chemical stimulants for sex unless a medical problem.

I totally agree with you!

But be careful with comments like that on here. Didn't you know you aren't allowed an opinion if it's different from others..... "

Anyone who has read my posts on various issues know i do not give a fook if popular or not

"

Mrs N.

Long before the internet freedoms of expressions that we now enjoy and I was living in Spain, I enjoyed sex parties and orgies fuelled by illegal drugs and I will tell you now - I would rather be there than with d*unkards that we often meet these days in Clubs in the UK.

I can't see how I was hypocritical. & I did say in my original post "each to their own" - so as not to be hypocritical. Or offend anyone. Whats good for one isn't always good for all. Isn't every one allowed an individual outlook? I wasn't aware that to be a member of fab we had to conform & act like sheep all following one another.

At the end of the day every person is allowed an opinion wether you agree with it or not. Doesn't mean that because you don't agree you have the right to sit on your high horse about it slagging off those who think differently from you.

Yeah I have sugar in my diet. It doesn't make me high or increase my sex drive in a false pretence like some other legal chemicals. I also clean my house with dettol anti bac. - doesn't mean i'm going to swallow or inhale it to have 'better' sex with my hubby. Nitrates nitrites are an organic solvent used to clean things. - as states above on someone else's post. I personally don't think it's right to knowingly put something like that in your body. This thread was about 'poppers' not tea coffee alcohol sugar non organic foods. Polluted air outside etc etc bloody etc...

these forums are about folk able to express their opinions aren't they?. I wasn't the only person on here to disagree with taking them. But I guess that I was the lucky one to be targeted tonight eh? Oh well at least some other poor sods getting an easy night! "

Total agreement folk who make out taking risky stuff like nitrates is cool or good for you are deluded.

By *anchestercubMan  over a year ago

manchester & NI

I've never been into them but someone did leave some here and I think the little jar is still in the drawer.

I remember someone going along the line to get into a club in Nottingham randomly offering people poppers.

By *orneyashell87Couple  over a year ago

stockotn on tees

"I've never been into them but someone did leave some here and I think the little jar is still in the drawer.

I remember someone going along the line to get into a club in Nottingham randomly offering people poppers. "

I've been to a few clubs that sell them xx

Can anyone genuinely tell me if it causes any conclusive evidence of brain damage please . . . I don't believe it's addictive . . . (but it probably is).

"

Mrs N.

these forums are about folk able to express their opinions aren't they?. I wasn't the only person on here to disagree with taking them. But I guess that I was the lucky one to be targeted tonight eh? Oh well at least some other poor sods getting an easy night!

Total agreement folk who make out taking risky stuff like nitrates is cool or good for you are deluded."

Thank you! *happy face*

It's nice to have someone agree & not give me a hard time for MY opinion

X

Found this on a drugs awareness & risks website. Copied & pasted it as I found it quite interesting, especially the reference to it being "room oudourisors" i guess if you can't get hold of poppers then you could always snort a bit of febreeze or a glade Plug in. Affer all. They're legal chemicals too aren't they & you'd get the added benefit of your insides smelling fresh .........

The Law: This is currently undergoing revision to close a rather strange loophole. Currently, the use and possession of poppers in NOT illegal, but the law is complex.

Poppers can be sold as 'room odourisors' but not inhalants, as this would classify them as a medicine and require a pharmacy to dispense them.

If you got nabbed selling poppers as inhalants, you would be committing a civil offence and would be prosecuted by the Medicines Control Agency (part of the Department of Health).

However, for those who desire to have your room smelling of old socks, poppers are still freely available from many sex shops and other outlets. In the US, nitrites have been banned since 1988.

"Found this on a drugs awareness & risks website. Copied & pasted it as I found it quite interesting, especially the reference to it being "room oudourisors" i guess if you can't get hold of poppers then you could always snort a bit of febreeze or a glade Plug in. Affer all. They're legal chemicals too aren't they & you'd get the added benefit of your insides smelling fresh .........

The Law: This is currently undergoing revision to close a rather strange loophole. Currently, the use and possession of poppers in NOT illegal, but the law is complex.

Poppers can be sold as 'room odourisors' but not inhalants, as this would classify them as a medicine and require a pharmacy to dispense them.

If you got nabbed selling poppers as inhalants, you would be committing a civil offence and would be prosecuted by the Medicines Control Agency (part of the Department of Health).

However, for those who desire to have your room smelling of old socks, poppers are still freely available from many sex shops and other outlets. In the US, nitrites have been banned since 1988. "

In the us of a irn bru is also banned because of the use of a banned e number. To protect people. Yet everyone has a machine gun.

North West

"Found this on a drugs awareness & risks website. Copied & pasted it as I found it quite interesting, especially the reference to it being "room oudourisors" i guess if you can't get hold of poppers then you could always snort a bit of febreeze or a glade Plug in. Affer all. They're legal chemicals too aren't they & you'd get the added benefit of your insides smelling fresh .........

However, for those who desire to have your room smelling of old socks, poppers are still freely available from many sex shops and other outlets. In the US, nitrites have been banned since 1988.

In the us of a irn bru is also banned because of the use of a banned e number. To protect people. Yet everyone has a machine gun. "

Lol

In the us of a irn bru is also banned because of the use of a banned e number. To protect people. Yet everyone has a machine gun. "

Someone recently told me 'jelly babies" were banned for some U.S. prohibited colouring that is used.........

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"It is alleged however that the first one that he had in 1964 whilst he and Brit Ekland were having a serious session was somehow linked to poppers. As it happened it was a heart attack that he never really recovered from and had about thirteen in quick succession, followed by another one years later and the final one that killed him.

He never denied using poppers with Brit Ekland and the medical opinion at the time linked the heart attack to poppers. Whether these days the medics could do a better job of working out if it was poppers or he had a dodgy heart anyway and doing Brit Ekland for hours on end was too much for his heart."

Amyl Nitrate is a POM (prescription only medicine) that is used to treat heart diseases such as angina and hypertension (which causes heart attacks) so maybe Peter Sellers was killed by heart disease as the doctors said and the Amyl Nitrate he used actually extended his life rather than killing him.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Amyl is a medicine, so has prescription control.

The other variants of Poppers' room odorisers are as uncontrolled as Airwick etc.

All things can be hazardous so use with caution after learning about them and there's a fair bit on the internet.

Start by assuming that you may only enjoy a very tiny amount. You wouldn't drink 2bottles of vodka if it was your first alcohol. So only inhale a microsecond or so. Once you know the effects upon you then you can minmise problems like headaches.

Don't use if you have heart problems or if you take stuff like Viagra. It could be deadly.

Halesowen

"Amyl Nitrate is a POM (prescription only medicine)... "

No it isn't - Amyl NITRITE is.

I posted earlier about this misnomer.

Amyl nitrate will kill you - but you can't buy it over the counter anyway.

I give up.

You can lead a horse to water...

Warrington

I wasn't sating poppers are cool or healthy or good for you..I was just saying that for us sex on poppers is AKAZING

Worth any risk and the headache!

""Amyl Nitrate is a POM (prescription only medicine)... "

I give up.

You can lead a horse to water..."

Correct there was an ex poster who took too many and hospitalised himself which was pretty sad. It comes to something if you have to take stimulants to have fun though.

What's one extra oxygen atom between friends.

"What's one extra oxygen atom between friends. "

Well, if you were taking the amyl nitrite as a first aid treatment for cyanide poisoning, then that oxygen might come in handy.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

""Amyl Nitrate is a POM (prescription only medicine)... "

I give up.

You can lead a horse to water..."

As you say Amyl NitrAte is not available, and having proven your ignorance by ignoring the point of my post about Amyl NitrIte, you must be feeling very superior being able to correct my spelling mistake.

So give yourself a Garry Glitter Cool Badge and bask in the glory of the sun shining out of your arse while I endeavour to live up to your high spelling standards.

"I wasn't sating poppers are cool or healthy or good for you..I was just saying that for us sex on poppers is AKAZING

Worth any risk and the headache! "

Agree with this

"I wasn't sating poppers are cool or healthy or good for you..I was just saying that for us sex on poppers is AKAZING

Worth any risk and the headache!

Agree with this "

Not sure if I'll endeavor with its 'use', because something that feels so 'kin good must, just must have its failings!

I reckon we're subjected to a multitude of possible intoxicants, but I'd want one with the least harmful side-effects (if any).

» Add a new message to this topic