FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > 'Look at me' threads

'Look at me' threads

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm just curious as to why they irk people so much?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I'm just curious as to why they irk people so much?"

it's not the irking, it's usually the irker.

By *3rial Thr1LL3rMan  over a year ago

aberdeenshire

Because nobody likes an attention whore?

Arent we all that to a degree though?

Surely most threads could be seen as look at me threads! Got to agree with the op, why does it really matter anyway??

"Because nobody likes an attention whore?"

But what if the 'attention whore' is actually a really nice person and is only having a laugh?

"Arent we all that to a degree though?"

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

we aren't going to get laid unless someone looks....

good luck to us

Yep

Because some people just like to moan about something/everything

"Because nobody likes an attention whore?

But what if the 'attention whore' is actually a really nice person and is only having a laugh?

"

Exactly! I've met and chatted to more decent people through the forums than browsing or being messaged so surely that attention can be a good thing

Said the bloke who's pic look like he's Beckhams body double give the rest of us a chance here fella lol

Is this a look at me thread about a look at me thread ?

Some are so far up their own bums they don't like attention taken away from them!!!

but some are a heck of a lot more than others....

By *MP3Man  over a year ago

Between Scylla and Charybdis

"Some are so far up their own bums they don't like attention taken away from them!!!"

People are free to choose whom they do and don't like, but I suppose I'm more interested in why they feel the need to voice their displeasure?

aberdeenshire

Sorry, I should be a bit clearer. A small bit of attention whoring isn't a bad thing, we all like to be looked at but there are some (usually new, and UNLOS after a few days) who take it to the extreme, posting thread after thread of inane drivel in an attempt to get attention. It usually backfires and they don't get the attention they want so they slag us all off before deleting their profile

Of course there are nice people behind the funny/lighthearted/banter posts and these are generally the people that know how the forums work and how the site works, these tend to be the people who are most fun and good to be around.

Greel....cheers fella but I'm really not all that, good angles and lighting can do a lot

Not much point in me doing a look at me post as there's nothing to look at

"Because some people just like to moan about something/everything"

you can't please all the people all of the time. And you can't ever please some of the people, because they're grumpy bastards.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Cos if they are looking at them they aren't looking at me

By *o new WinksMan  over a year ago

BSE

"I'm just curious as to why they irk people so much?

Cos if they are looking at them they aren't looking at me "

Yep...I get that from you

I think if you have a good profile with nice pics that should be enough, you will get people's attention simply from that

I just find people who open threads asking to be fabbed really tedious, if you have to ask then get the hint people don't think your pics are all that

some look at me threads are funny and light hearted, some are just a desperate attempt to get compliments that they aren't getting other wise but feel they deserve

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Not much point in me doing a look at me post as there's nothing to look at "

Well ya the best lookin' guy in Cloud Cuckoo Land

"Not much point in me doing a look at me post as there's nothing to look at

Well ya the best lookin' guy in Cloud Cuckoo Land "

Ah you're too modest

What you mean like fucking THIS one...

popcorn.gif

We have no idea, but go on look at us

Said the bloke who's pic look like he's Beckhams body double give the rest of us a chance here fella lol"

Oooooooh it does doesn't it?? Thanks for bringing it to my artention hun! Just had a good perv! xx

"Sorry, I should be a bit clearer. A small bit of attention whoring isn't a bad thing, we all like to be looked at but there are some (usually new, and UNLOS after a few days) who take it to the extreme, posting thread after thread of inane drivel in an attempt to get attention. It usually backfires and they don't get the attention they want so they slag us all off before deleting their profile "

I know the kind you're talking about, but personally I don't see the point in criticising them because its patently obvious to everyone watching that such posters are a car crash waiting to happen, so why not just let them get on with it?

Personally what I find vastly more annoying is the posters who feel they HAVE to contribute their opinion to every single thread.

aberdeenshire

Said the bloke who's pic look like he's Beckhams body double give the rest of us a chance here fella lol

Oooooooh it does doesn't it?? Thanks for bringing it to my artention hun! Just had a good perv! xx"

I now officially love this thread

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

at the end of day, we all post for reasons that mean something to us, let people be

"at the end of day, we all post for reasons that mean something to us, let people be"

And surely the nature of this site is to get people's attention one way or another?

"Sorry, I should be a bit clearer. A small bit of attention whoring isn't a bad thing, we all like to be looked at but there are some (usually new, and UNLOS after a few days) who take it to the extreme, posting thread after thread of inane drivel in an attempt to get attention. It usually backfires and they don't get the attention they want so they slag us all off before deleting their profile

I know the kind you're talking about, but personally I don't see the point in criticising them because its patently obvious to everyone watching that such posters are a car crash waiting to happen, so why not just let them get on with it?

Personally what I find vastly more annoying is the posters who feel they HAVE to contribute their opinion to every single thread."

That's me told!! xx

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Cos if they are looking at them they aren't looking at me

Yep...I get that from you "

People have been on here way too long and become annoyed at everything

"People have been on here way too long and become annoyed at everything"

Nah! This is a sex site - it's here for fun, friendship, great sex and entertainment - and it does it beautifully! Getting annoyed at anything on here is as pointless as shouting at the television during 'question time'! Xx

"People have been on here way too long and become annoyed at everything

Nah! This is a sex site - it's here for fun, friendship, great sex and entertainment - and it does it beautifully! Getting annoyed at anything on here is as pointless as shouting at the television during 'question time'! Xx"

It seems they do get annoyed though. For me the site is predominantly for sex,the forums are just a bit of a time waste for me,plus I like interacting with people on a different level I do in real life. I never get angry at anything anyone writes in here

I must admit I'm one of those people who get irked at 'look at me' threads.

Not so much the one offs, it's the serial 'look at me' people - particularly those who stealthily try to mask it by conjuring up what looks like a new discussion topic but really it's a very thinly veiled 'look at me, I fit the exact category I'm talking about' type thread (e.g. 'What are people's _iews on hung black men?', 'do women really like gym fit 10inch cocked Adonises?', 'I have a 9 inch cock, is that small?' etc etc.

The green arrow is a great tool and common themes soon build up.

It shouldn't irk me so much, but I guess I just can't be doing with big egos, I much prefer down to earth modest people.

"

nail on head!

nail on head!"

So you take a dislike to people and not what they post? People you have never met

[Removed by poster at 09/11/14 13:10:51]

nail on head!

So you take a dislike to people and not what they post? People you have never met"

Not a dislike really, just an internal tut, roll of the eyes and a thought of 'ah, here we go again..'.

I don't dislike them though, as I don't know them from Adam so have nothing to dislike them for.

But as a general rule I prefer and tend to gravitate to modest people in my life more so than brash more 'in your face' type people.

There's no right or wrong and I'm not suggesting there is, just a preference and what I'm more comfortable with

All I can say is I'm being myself, if I was to look like an attention whore, then an attention whore I am, but I don't think anyone has ever started a thread and thought "ok there you go, hope no one replies to it though, that would be awful" I do tend to post in a lot of threads, but that's just cos I have something to say, I'm quite opinionated to be fair, all in all I might well be an attention whore but I'm a honest attention whore, I'm not much to look at, my profiles not all that but I'm quite fucking charming lol

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I often think 'oh christ, here we go again' and 'will they ever learn' but i have learned to smile and go to the next thread.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Is the answer because they didn't think of it first?

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

If 'look at me' posters bother anyone then just do what's easy.

Block them. Or don't post!

Stops any chance of you actually looking by accident!

A

"All I can say is I'm being myself, if I was to look like an attention whore, then an attention whore I am, but I don't think anyone has ever started a thread and thought "ok there you go, hope no one replies to it though, that would be awful" I do tend to post in a lot of threads, but that's just cos I have something to say, I'm quite opinionated to be fair, all in all I might well be an attention whore but I'm a honest attention whore, I'm not much to look at, my profiles not all that but I'm quite fucking charming lol"

There's a big difference between being an active participant on a Forum and being an attention whore, in my very humble opinion anyway.

For example you might say a thread of 'would you fuck, suck or pass the person below' would attract attention whores but I see that as a bit of fun that everyone can join in.

The attention whores are those that post 'would you fuck, suck or pass ME' - i.e. those that make the whole thread about them!

BIG difference!

nail on head!

So you take a dislike to people and not what they post? People you have never met"

Jeezaloo it was a joke...

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

Doesn't bother me.. sometimes people need a little attention.

I guess any thread a person starts is effectively look what I have to say today.

If it is boring I leave, if it is amusing I laugh etc.

It all passes the time .

Exactly! I've met and chatted to more decent people through the forums than browsing or being messaged so surely that attention can be a good thing"

Same here and it's hard sometimes to get the essence of a person from words on a screen.

"All I can say is I'm being myself, if I was to look like an attention whore, then an attention whore I am, but I don't think anyone has ever started a thread and thought "ok there you go, hope no one replies to it though, that would be awful" I do tend to post in a lot of threads, but that's just cos I have something to say, I'm quite opinionated to be fair, all in all I might well be an attention whore but I'm a honest attention whore, I'm not much to look at, my profiles not all that but I'm quite fucking charming lol

There's a big difference between being an active participant on a Forum and being an attention whore, in my very humble opinion anyway.

For example you might say a thread of 'would you fuck, suck or pass the person below' would attract attention whores but I see that as a bit of fun that everyone can join in.

The attention whores are those that post 'would you fuck, suck or pass ME' - i.e. those that make the whole thread about them!

BIG difference! "

Guess what my next thread is going to be lol

"All I can say is I'm being myself, if I was to look like an attention whore, then an attention whore I am, but I don't think anyone has ever started a thread and thought "ok there you go, hope no one replies to it though, that would be awful" I do tend to post in a lot of threads, but that's just cos I have something to say, I'm quite opinionated to be fair, all in all I might well be an attention whore but I'm a honest attention whore, I'm not much to look at, my profiles not all that but I'm quite fucking charming lol

BIG difference!

Guess what my next thread is going to be lol "

Ah you attention whore you! Ha ha

BIG difference!

Guess what my next thread is going to be lol "

are ya a whore?

"I often think 'oh christ, here we go again' and 'will they ever learn' but i have learned to smile and go to the next thread.

"

Live and let live I say, its like people writing into the BBC to moan about programs they didn't like, you can turn it off or watch something else!!

"Some are so far up their own bums they don't like attention taken away from them!!!"

Hit the nail on the head there

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i suppose in a way everything we post is a look at me, but it is also an insight into that person, and the way it is done is i think whats irks people...

I am confident enough in myself to know that I am a good person and the best person I can be, I don't need the affirmation of others to tell me that.....

Im an attention whore lol but I like to be cheeky with it x

By *ussypussWoman  over a year ago

South Birmingham waiting for the bf to come back after crimbo

Said the bloke who's pic look like he's Beckhams body double give the rest of us a chance here fella lol"

Not all of us ladies like celeb lookalikes, so there are still plenty of you guys to go around hun

I don't need or crave attention. When I post a thread it's probably something that just popped into my head and made me think people on here may appreciate it. Some things we write can't be put on Facebook. Everyone enjoys different things,I avoid the threads I don't enjoy,I don't post on them exclaiming my annoyance. Actually,I don't get annoyed,I respect that we all like different things and have different needs

To get more _iews and more fabbings

By *y2funMan  over a year ago

DUDLEY

think we must be if we are on here....... and it can help kill a few boring hours only so much x factor anyone can watch...

Because people are far happier dissing each other than embracing each other in here

Because people are far happier dissing each other than embracing each other in here "

Wanna cuggle?

Because people are far happier dissing each other than embracing each other in here

Wanna cuggle? "

Oooh go on then

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Is the answer because they didn't think of it first?"

which raises an interesting point with regards to some "look at me" threads....

some of them are very original, and then others are very quick to copy what others do... i am sure imitation is the sincerest form of flattery... but it can get very tiresome very quickly.....

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Anything tiresome can be ignored

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Anything tiresome can be ignored "

don't get me wrong.. i absolutely do, but the initial thought is still "really??? again!!!"

"Anything tiresome can be ignored

don't get me wrong.. i absolutely do, but the initial thought is still "really??? again!!!""

I've often thought that when seeing repetitive replies. Don't people get sick of replying and repeating themselves?

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

" Don't people get sick of replying and repeating themselves?"

many times and often I just stop and take a break.

but I also remember what it was like to be new and the kindness shown.

and back in the day, it was as fierce as fuck

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

I think a lot of people find folks who, um, 'over-egg the pudding' by posting frequently can get a bit irritating.

But consider this - we are all here to fulfil a need (even a desire for fun is a need) and criticising the overtly needy can in itself a bit of self-soothing anyway!

We all have some damage or baggage somewhere.

I hate those posts. Just insecure people needing an ego boost.

Anyway if you look at my profile I have a picture of me and the Queen naked...

" Don't people get sick of replying and repeating themselves?

many times and often I just stop and take a break.

but I also remember what it was like to be new and the kindness shown.

and back in the day, it was as fierce as fuck "

Some repeated advice,to me at least,is useful. Some I admit to thinking it's copied and pasted from a book of condescension

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

I've often thought that when seeing repetitive replies. Don't people get sick of replying and repeating themselves?"

but then the contrary _iew would be "would people need to if people were prepared to use the search function"... of even like of some forums that certain threads were able to be stickied.... the FAQ's for example

"

I've often thought that when seeing repetitive replies. Don't people get sick of replying and repeating themselves?

but then the contrary _iew would be "would people need to if people were prepared to use the search function"... of even like of some forums that certain threads were able to be stickied.... the FAQ's for example"

I've seen this ad nauseam about the search function. If I were a new user and I posted something I wanted advice about I wouldn't automatically assume that people had been on the forum for years answering the same or similar questions. I would want fresh and up to date information,the site itself can change as can the people who use it. Just because a person has been here for years it doesn't mean their advice is sound or neutral. I think more politeness wouldn't go amiss on here. Rolling eyes and parroting each other can be as irksome to some as the OP is to others.

"I often think 'oh christ, here we go again' and 'will they ever learn' but i have learned to smile and go to the next thread.

"

"

but then the contrary _iew would be "would people need to if people were prepared to use the search function"... of even like of some forums that certain threads were able to be stickied.... the FAQ's for example

I've seen this ad nauseam about the search function. If I were a new user and I posted something I wanted advice about I wouldn't automatically assume that people had been on the forum for years answering the same or similar questions. I would want fresh and up to date information,the site itself can change as can the people who use it. Just because a person has been here for years it doesn't mean their advice is sound or neutral. I think more politeness wouldn't go amiss on here. Rolling eyes and parroting each other can be as irksome to some as the OP is to others. "

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

I've seen this ad nauseam about the search function. If I were a new user and I posted something I wanted advice about I wouldn't automatically assume that people had been on the forum for years answering the same or similar questions. I would want fresh and up to date information,the site itself can change as can the people who use it. Just because a person has been here for years it doesn't mean their advice is sound or neutral. I think more politeness wouldn't go amiss on here. Rolling eyes and parroting each other can be as irksome to some as the OP is to others. "

and this is then where to regulars can't win.....

don't say anything.... accusations of ignoring the new folk

answer the same thing.... accusations of repetition

how many answers are there to the same question in a frequent point in time, which is why the FAQ's are important... and I wish they were giving more prominance because new people would actually think "okay... not the first people to have that same thought"

for example... just how many ways can someone asking "how can i improve my profile" be answered differently.... and thats where a sticky on the topic would be useful....

short of "copying and pasting" details of another thread.... there is going to be no way of appeasing those who like to bash the regulars on a frequant basis

"

I've seen this ad nauseam about the search function. If I were a new user and I posted something I wanted advice about I wouldn't automatically assume that people had been on the forum for years answering the same or similar questions. I would want fresh and up to date information,the site itself can change as can the people who use it. Just because a person has been here for years it doesn't mean their advice is sound or neutral. I think more politeness wouldn't go amiss on here. Rolling eyes and parroting each other can be as irksome to some as the OP is to others.

and this is then where to regulars can't win.....

don't say anything.... accusations of ignoring the new folk

answer the same thing.... accusations of repetition

how many answers are there to the same question in a frequent point in time, which is why the FAQ's are important... and I wish they were giving more prominance because new people would actually think "okay... not the first people to have that same thought"

for example... just how many ways can someone asking "how can i improve my profile" be answered differently.... and thats where a sticky on the topic would be useful....

short of "copying and pasting" details of another thread.... there is going to be no way of appeasing those who like to bash the regulars on a frequant basis

"

It's not about winning. It's about looking at how you talk to people on here. Non regular posters probably do it too. Are you saying it's ok to bash new users but not people who have been here for years? I'm not bashing anyone,I'm putting across my _iews on what I've read on the forums. If I thought I was being bashed I would take a step back and have a look at what I was writing

You can not ignore someone and be nice to them. It's not difficult

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I am not sure it is about winning....it some threads are repetitive and I am guessing most of us have thought " not again "

I think it is more about how people answer the thread when they are clearly pissed off with that type of thread when they could easily ignore it instead.

Sometimes it isn't what people say but how.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

It's not about winning. It's about looking at how you talk to people on here. Non regular posters probably do it too. Are you saying it's ok to bash new users but not people who have been here for years? I'm not bashing anyone,I'm putting across my _iews on what I've read on the forums. If I thought I was being bashed I would take a step back and have a look at what I was writing "

I never said that... you were the one who said you were bored of people giving out the same advice ad neusium.. so what would you rather they did... give no advice... or give the same advice again and again, which is why I said it is a no win situations...

some people on here will sugarcoat everything and say "yey, you go champ!!!".... other people will tell more bluntly and like it is... neither is wrong, and will come down to peoples personality and style of posting..... and how the person on the receiving end interprets those postings....

as with all posts, where some will see "fluff" others will see "shite, bollocks, arse licking"

and where some will see "bluntness" others will see "honesty, abruptiness, a lack of tact" ect ect ect.....

to put it on one side or the other totally is extremely unfair....

"

It's not about winning. It's about looking at how you talk to people on here. Non regular posters probably do it too. Are you saying it's ok to bash new users but not people who have been here for years? I'm not bashing anyone,I'm putting across my _iews on what I've read on the forums. If I thought I was being bashed I would take a step back and have a look at what I was writing

I never said that... you were the one who said you were bored of people giving out the same advice ad neusium.. so what would you rather they did... give no advice... or give the same advice again and again, which is why I said it is a no win situations...

some people on here will sugarcoat everything and say "yey, you go champ!!!".... other people will tell more bluntly and like it is... neither is wrong, and will come down to peoples personality and style of posting..... and how the person on the receiving end interprets those postings....

as with all posts, where some will see "fluff" others will see "shite, bollocks, arse licking"

and where some will see "bluntness" others will see "honesty, abruptiness, a lack of tact" ect ect ect.....

to put it on one side or the other totally is extremely unfair.... "

I didn't say I was bored with it. See Rugby's comment above. My thoughts entirely

Totally this

And I wouldn't rather anyone changed how they commented or advised. Just don't be surprised about how other people perceived them. I'd rather the forums were light hearted and a joy to be a part of

"And I wouldn't rather anyone changed how they commented or advised. Just don't be surprised about how other people perceived them. I'd rather the forums were light hearted and a joy to be a part of "

I like the fights.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"And I wouldn't rather anyone changed how they commented or advised. Just don't be surprised about how other people perceived them. I'd rather the forums were light hearted and a joy to be a part of "

I think that is something people worry too much about, what others think of them.

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

People are free to choose whom they do and don't like, but I suppose I'm more interested in why they feel the need to voice their displeasure?"

I find it says a lot about the people who feel they have to start them continually.

"Sorry, I should be a bit clearer. A small bit of attention whoring isn't a bad thing, we all like to be looked at but there are some (usually new, and UNLOS after a few days) who take it to the extreme, posting thread after thread of inane drivel in an attempt to get attention. It usually backfires and they don't get the attention they want so they slag us all off before deleting their profile

Personally what I find vastly more annoying is the posters who feel they HAVE to contribute their opinion to every single thread.

That's me told!! xx"

And me Paula, I think we should seek comfort in each other

People are free to choose whom they do and don't like, but I suppose I'm more interested in why they feel the need to voice their displeasure?

I find it says a lot about the people who feel they have to start them continually."

A bit like people who have to brag about the number of (group social) meets they've had you mean?

That's me told!! xx

And me Paula, I think we should seek comfort in each other "

And how does one know they contribute to every single thread?

» Add a new message to this topic