FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > radiator

radiator

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman  over a year ago

evesham

when my dad decorated my room in the summer he took my radiator of. since then i haven't wanted it on but now its a bit nippier i would lol

all my other radiators are warm but not this one. I'm guessing it needs bleeding but this doesnt have the valve on the side like my others, it has a small port on the top right hand corner on the back.

before i faffed about with that i thought i'd check the valve to make sure it was actually on and it wasn't....as i turned it, it started making a horrible noise so i panicked and turned it off....is this a normal noise for a radiator that hasn't been used for a while? should i ignore it?

I would ask my dad but he is d*unk at twickers

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Won't it need to fill so that would make a noise?

I haven't tried putting my heating on yet. I suppose I should this weekend so that my sister can sort out the radiators if they need doing.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes. Its probably filling with water. You'll need both bottom valves open and top the system up from the combi boiler if you have one. It will need bleeding, and worth bleeding the other rads at the same time x

Turn the valve on and bleed it

*sigh

I wish I had heating

By *erbyDalesCplCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

Yes, normal, it just needs bleeding. Valve at the back is quite common, but it depends on your system (closed or small tank in loft) whether you may need to also recharge the system with water. If you have a closed system and you bleed it, the drop in pressure may shut down your boiler.

Check that the bleed screw on the back of the radiator is shut ,open one valve and vent the air out slowly ,it will make a noise as the water rises in the radiator .You will get a small amount of water when all the air is vented ,shut the bleed screw ,open the other valve and you should be good to go,you may have to bleed the radiator again but it will only be a small amount of air ,any probs let me know ,good luck

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

make sure your central heating is not turned on

turn one valve on turn it back off again then turn the other one on and then back off again this stops air going back into your piping system

now turn the first one on and bleed the radiator of air

you should be fine after bleeding the radiator but you need to check the pressure dial on the boiler if below 1 bar pressure or below 1.5 bar pressure then top it up a little

most closed systems work best between 1 to 1.5 bar pressure on the dial on the boiler

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Oh god this all seems too complicated.....I'll get a blanket until my dad sobers up lol

» Add a new message to this topic