FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > """Huntley"""

"""Huntley"""

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aintmike OP   Man  over a year ago

glasgow

i know its a swingers site and all that,, but i have to say there,s one guy id like to see swing,,,and i mean from a rope,, we all no what he did,, to those poor little girls,, I'm still mad about it,, and think its unbelievable that the shit,, is suing the gov,, for his injuries,,, hope someone puts a stop to it,,,,

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uton_coupleCouple  over a year ago

luton

"i know its a swingers site and all that,, but i have to say there,s one guy id like to see swing,,,and i mean from a rope,, we all no what he did,, to those poor little girls,, I'm still mad about it,, and think its unbelievable that the shit,, is suing the gov,, for his injuries,,, hope someone puts a stop to it,,,,"

it is a horrific thought that some years ago the junta in argentina used to fly out a few hundred miles to sea , and jetison undesireables from the cargo hold

the dissapeared

but in some cases it doesnt seem such a bad idea

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

The world has gone absultly fucking crazy when someone like this should even been allowed to have the idea. Maybe i should sue huntly for the upset and distress that it caused me when the two little girls where killed. What ever happened to common sense. Funny thing is hes tried to commit sucide three times surely its just saving him doing the job. He obviously has absolutly no remorse for what he did otherwise he would be quitely carrying out his sentence taking and accepting the consequences of his actions

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

" He obviously has absolutly no remorse for what he did otherwise he would be quitely carrying out his sentence taking and accepting the consequences of his actions"

that is the truest thing i've read in the whole huntley debate so far!

There was a lawyer on the news last night defending Huntley for claiming compensation as the Government ie the Prison Service failed in it duty looking after the well being of its client or whatever you want to call him!.

The lawyers are just as bad as Huntley!

"The world has gone absultly fucking crazy when someone like this should even been allowed to have the idea. Maybe i should sue huntly for the upset and distress that it caused me when the two little girls where killed. What ever happened to common sense. Funny thing is hes tried to commit sucide three times surely its just saving him doing the job. He obviously has absolutly no remorse for what he did otherwise he would be quitely carrying out his sentence taking and accepting the consequences of his actions"

couldnt agree more diamond ...welll said

We had gone on holiday the day the little girls where found. My son and his friend where nine at the time. As usual they had gone for an investigate of the site whilst i unpacked and had the news on, when it came on i went and found them in the park area and just hugged them both to me and cried. Im damn sure i wasnt the only one affected. If this even as much as gets any kind of hearing can you just imagine the can of worms it will open as regards to other prisoners wanting to sue for various things

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"i know its a swingers site and all that,, but i have to say there,s one guy id like to see swing,,,and i mean from a rope,, we all no what he did,, to those poor little girls,, I'm still mad about it,, and think its unbelievable that the shit,, is suing the gov,, for his injuries,,, hope someone puts a stop to it,,,,"

It is sadly the case that prisoners can sue but there is no guarantee he will win anything especially when The Ministry for Justice has been quoted as saying -

"Ian Huntley is bringing a claim against the Ministry of Justice following an assault by another prisoner. The claim is currently being vigorously defended."

So although it is wrong (in my eyes) what he is doing maybe folk need to wait and see what the outcome of the case is before passing a judgement on something that hasn't been decided on yet!

Just my opinion, as always!

"We had gone on holiday the day the little girls where found. My son and his friend where nine at the time. As usual they had gone for an investigate of the site whilst i unpacked and had the news on, when it came on i went and found them in the park area and just hugged them both to me and cried. Im damn sure i wasnt the only one affected. If this even as much as gets any kind of hearing can you just imagine the can of worms it will open as regards to other prisoners wanting to sue for various things"

and what about the girls' parents ...you know they will nevevr ever get over what happened but this brings it all to mind again ...its just wrong on every level ....no doubt in my mind he should have been hung in the first place ..

And its not just Huntley, whatever happened to his partner?

Can't remember her name. Is she still in jail or is she out under a new identity?

"And its not just Huntley, whatever happened to his partner?

Can't remember her name. Is she still in jail or is she out under a new identity?

"

She is working in morrisons in stamford or was last time i heard

I'm not a big fan of tax payers money being spent on cases like this but if he's suing for allegedly £100,000 compensation I'd be happy if the Justice Department spent a million to ensure he didn't win his claim.

glasgow

"I'm not a big fan of tax payers money being spent on cases like this but if he's suing for allegedly £100,000 compensation I'd be happy if the Justice Department spent a million to ensure he didn't win his claim."
id say if public opinion was strong enough, that this sort of thing with prisoners claiming was "not on" your inside for a reason and he,s in there with no doubt what he did,, he,s guilty as sin,, and he should pay every fucking day he,s alive,, the bastard,, sorry but I'm angry at the hole idea of him trying to manipulate the public for pity,, ""rot in jail"" that's what i think,,and if he gets the shit kicked out of him every day,, then that's fair,, for what he did,, to holly and jessica,,

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

"There was a lawyer on the news last night defending Huntley for claiming compensation as the Government ie the Prison Service failed in it duty looking after the well being of its client or whatever you want to call him!.

The lawyers are just as bad as Huntley!

"

Even worse. Huntley did what he did, for whatever reason, usually some mental thought process.

Lawyers do it purely for the money, maybe a little kudos and name building.

Maybe i'm wrong and a lwayer will step forward to present Huntley's case for free, either to Huntley or the public. I'm not holding my breath.

By *he BananamanMan  over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

if any money does come toward huntley from this claim it should be diverted straight away to a fund for the families of the two little girls this brute murdered.

Hopefully next time the prison officers wont get o this piece of shit and his throat is cut properly.

If I was a prisoner on the same wing as this wanker I would happily give up my parole to end this piece of shit.

Sick twisted and fcuked up.

I tellyou wht the judge should do when he goes o court for damages.

Ill tell you what huntley youcan leave the protection of prison and we will let the general public know there is a peado in there area and see how long you last.

He has it easy in there. CUNT.

Sorry for the mass obscenities but this fucker makes my blood boil!!!!

There is another way of viewing this. Huntley can be SEEN to exercise his rights by suing for mistreatment but it's an entirely different matter for him to win his case, which will never happen. Plus, any attention he gets keeps his case firmly in the public eye and that has, and will continue to have, an adverse effect on when he eventually comes up for parole.

We are a democratic society and if our system of democracy is seen to be upheld then I'm all in favour of letting the little bastard use his rights to keep himself locked up forever.

I find it quite repugnant that he's suing the govt for not preventing others from trying to kill him when he's tried it himself three times - and denied life to two innocent little girls. Let's hope another scumbag in there with him does the job properly once and for all.

In my opinion and it is just my opinion prisoners shouldn't have rights they gave them up when they committed the crime.

"i know its a swingers site and all that,, but i have to say there,s one guy id like to see swing,,,and i mean from a rope,, we all no what he did,, to those poor little girls,, I'm still mad about it,, and think its unbelievable that the shit,, is suing the gov,, for his injuries,,, hope someone puts a stop to it,,,,

Hopefully next time the prison officers wont get o this piece of shit and his throat is cut properly.

If I was a prisoner on the same wing as this wanker I would happily give up my parole to end this piece of shit.

Sick twisted and fcuked up.

I tellyou wht the judge should do when he goes o court for damages.

Ill tell you what huntley youcan leave the protection of prison and we will let the general public know there is a peado in there area and see how long you last.

He has it easy in there. CUNT.

Sorry for the mass obscenities but this fucker makes my blood boil!!!! "

yet another poster who opts to sit on the fence...why dont you share your views??

"In my opinion and it is just my opinion prisoners shouldn't have rights they gave them up when they committed the crime. "

A massive +1 from me.

They are in prison for a reason. They live better than most working folk. have better facilities gyms 3 course meals they get the world on a plate cause they have wronged everyday people like us

Was speaking to my mates father who was a prisoner warder well before the Government privatised the Prison Service and he was adamant that Huntley would be dead by now if the service was still Government run.

Apparently the firms running the jails get fined heavily in the event of assaults or murders.

BTW he's a hard bastard. Some of the stories he has told me whilst being a warder you would never get away with nowadays. A quiet word and a wink and job done......i know nuffin

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"In my opinion and it is just my opinion prisoners shouldn't have rights they gave them up when they committed the crime. "

So what about prisoners on remand and not having yet had a trial to prove their guilt?.....do you not agree they have rights too?

He is the finest of pure 100% scum,why are we even wasting this thread???

"In my opinion and it is just my opinion prisoners shouldn't have rights they gave them up when they committed the crime.

So what about prisoners on remand and not having yet had a trial to prove their guilt?.....do you not agree they have rights too?"

Technically they aren't prisoners yet and as such their rights are fully protected.

By *arandjasCouple  over a year ago

glasgow

just thought i would add my tuppence worth to this thread, if huntley wins his compensation claim, at least the court can deduct a percentage for " his portion of blame " and seeing as it is his fault he is in prison in the first place, hopefully it will be reduced to nil, as he knowingly and willingly killed those poor little girls and doesnt deserve a penny coming his way, even if he is attacked every single day of his sentence, personally i think he should be paroled and not given any prtection, see how long he would last outside then, and i think it is disgusting his girlfriend maxine carr is allowed to live a normal life when jessica and holly's families will never see them grow upv and become the people they were meant to be

"In my opinion and it is just my opinion prisoners shouldn't have rights they gave them up when they committed the crime.

So what about prisoners on remand and not having yet had a trial to prove their guilt?.....do you not agree they have rights too?"

i was talking convicted criminals

Well lets hope he does take legal action and lets hope he wins mega amounts of money from the prison service who failed to protect him.

But lets hope that he is never allowed to see a single penny of whatever he wins and that the money goes to the family of the victims of his hideous crime

Bradford

I wouldn't have thought too many "prisoners on remand" try to hard to prove their guilt?

Simply stating that they are guilty should be proof enough?

But what would a simple Caspar know?

regards

P'geist

Torquay

"Was speaking to my mates father who was a prisoner warder well before the Government privatised the Prison Service and he was adamant that Huntley would be dead by now if the service was still Government run.

Apparently the firms running the jails get fined heavily in the event of assaults or murders.

BTW he's a hard bastard. Some of the stories he has told me whilst being a warder you would never get away with nowadays. A quiet word and a wink and job done......i know nuffin

"

The Prison Service in England and Wales is only partly privatised, with the prisons holding the most dangerous criminals still under the HM Prison Service staff supervision.

Private companies generally get contracts for Immigration remand centres, Juvenile detention centres and Low Category prisons.

i think the lady was talking about those ppl that have been convicted of there crimes and not those that are on remand.huntly is guilty and should be dead but like so many pathetic scum hes feeling hard done by.the sooner someone can rid us all of this sadistic evil b*stard the better

Bradford

So what about prisoners on remand and not having yet had a trial to prove their guilt?.....do you not agree they have rights too?

i think the lady was talking about those ppl that have been convicted of there crimes and not those that are on remand.huntly is guilty and should be dead but like so many pathetic scum hes feeling hard done by.the sooner someone can rid us all of this sadistic evil b*stard the better"

I would agree entirely.

Shame they cant offer the reward of freedom to the fellow prisoner succeeds in doing him in.

glasgow

thats why in this country the burden of proof is on the prosecution, so that as a rule remand prisoners get a fair deal, but convicted rapists and child killers should have no rights, where is the justice, when a killer can have three hot meals a day, free tv, heating and games consoles, when in this country we still have pensioners afraid to put on their heating in the winter cos they cant afford their heating bill, we have all gone politically correct crazy and should get back to a prison sentence being a deterent instead of a holiday camp, then maybe people would think twice about offending

Prisoners enjoy TVs, 3 square a day etc because our prison system is one based upon rehabilitation and reintegration into society, retribution and deterrence.

What this means is that if we treat them like something we've trodden in then any chance of rehabilitating them is lost and as soon as they've done their required time they are released commit again (not 'lifers' though, who have no preset time to serve). It's a rod we make for our own backs by not treating them like human beings regardless of what they've done.

However...

In cases like Huntley, Sutcliffe, Brady/Hindley, Whiting et al ... there can be no reintegration into society, as rehabilitation is simply not possible with people who have an inbred desire to murder, main and sexually abuse children, and have shown no remorse for that they have done.

But they are still members of the prison population and enjoy the same rights as every other prisoner whilst they are in detention. A basic TV costs, what, £50? It's nothing, and I'd be surprised if it wasn't heavily restricted in what they can watch. A games console is not much more, as for heating, well, convicts don't have access to the central heating control system so whether they are warm or cold is all down the guy who decides if it's warm or cold, isn't it.

...plus if we don't heat our prisons they would fall into decay and we'd have to rebuild the damn things every ten years or so. It makes sound economical sense to heat them.

glasgow

all i am saying is there is something far wrong with our society when monsters like the above poster mentioned are allowed the luxury of tv, games console etc irrespective of the price when, pensioners, most of whom done something constructive during the war, to allow us to live in the free society we do, are scared to put on their heating, personally, for me, rehabilitation should not be an option for these people, when they done away with hanging our society became a worse place to live in

glasgow

"thats why in this country the burden of proof is on the prosecution, so that as a rule remand prisoners get a fair deal, but convicted rapists and child killers should have no rights, where is the justice, when a killer can have three hot meals a day, free tv, heating and games consoles, when in this country we still have pensioners afraid to put on their heating in the winter cos they cant afford their heating bill, we have all gone politically correct crazy and should get back to a prison sentence being a deterent instead of a holiday camp, then maybe people would think twice about offending"

totally agree with both of your posts,, its to easy now for them on the inside,,

the money spent on these bastards should be spent on ppl that need it,, like pensioners,and such like,,

" when they done away with hanging our society became a worse place to live in"

I'd say the exact opposite is true.

An earlier post highlighted how the Junta in Argentina used to drop undesirables out of a cargo hold over the ocean. That turns my stomach, and we're better than that.

I don't agree with the U.S. system of keeping inmates on death row for years and years either - if you have capital punishment then it should be exercised soon after conviction, not many years later.

Whilst part of me feels revulsion towards Huntley, Sutcliffe etc and I'd dearly love to see them dead and gone from our world, another part of me is repulsed that a govt can kill it's citizens legally. There has to be a line drawn between what is humane and who isn't human. We are humane, Huntley isn't human, and if keeping him locked up until he dies pisses him off every minute of every day of the rest of his miserable life then that works for me.

glasgow

" when they done away with hanging our society became a worse place to live in

I'd say the exact opposite is true.

An earlier post highlighted how the Junta in Argentina used to drop undesirables out of a cargo hold over the ocean. That turns my stomach, and we're better than that.

I don't agree with the U.S. system of keeping inmates on death row for years and years either - if you have capital punishment then it should be exercised soon after conviction, not many years later.

Whilst part of me feels revulsion towards Huntley, Sutcliffe etc and I'd dearly love to see them dead and gone from our world, another part of me is repulsed that a govt can kill it's citizens legally. There has to be a line drawn between what is humane and who isn't human. We are humane, Huntley isn't human, and if keeping him locked up until he dies pisses him off every minute of every day of the rest of his miserable life then that works for me."

i like what your saying,, and agree,, the longer they live the more torcher for them,, but at what price,,they should be given no room for appeal,, on any grounds ,, life is life,, end of story as far as I'm concerned,, do the crime do the time..

glasgow

obviously i dont agree, when it comes to heinous crimes like huntley, sutcliffe, brady etc, try them, convict them and then hang them, then we dont have to feed and clothe them at taxpayers expense and the money we save can go towards other, more deserving people, plus it might make people think twice about taking sopmeone else's life, this doesnt make us inhumane, it makes our justice system capable of dealing out justice, and in the day of dna, the chances of a false conviction are very slim.

"obviously i dont agree, when it comes to heinous crimes like huntley, sutcliffe, brady etc, try them, convict them and then hang them, then we dont have to feed and clothe them at taxpayers expense and the money we save can go towards other, more deserving people, plus it might make people think twice about taking sopmeone else's life, this doesnt make us inhumane, it makes our justice system capable of dealing out justice, and in the day of dna, the chances of a false conviction are very slim."

The fact that murder rates didn't fall when we had capital punishment was the main argument for abolishing it. It was not seen as a deterrent. I find it all a bit ghoulish to call for someone to swing from a rope until they are dead. They may be animals, but we are not.

Maybe one day, when scientists understand the human brain in far greater detail than they do now, we'll be able to perform a simple operation on these kinds of people and turn them into crochet experts. As for legalised murder, no thanks. It just doesn't sit right with me and I'd rather see my tax spent on locking them up than killing them.

glasgow

this is the sort of subject you either are for or against and each to their own, my views are quite plain, but i respect someone else's point of view that doesnt agree with it, but being in favour of capital punshment doesnt make us animals

But Wishy, your tax ££££'s would go a lot further if we hanged the bastards instead of looking after them, giving them new identities and generally pandering to their whims ?

Remember we are talking about cold blooded, calculated, perveted killers here ...

glasgow

it may be time to make an example of a few chosen criminals,, why put up with there bullshit,, lets test them to the limit, use them for drug testing and save the animals,, if they survive they are giving something back ,, if they die they die,, the message being if you commit a crime then the gov, can test drugs on you, the Huntley's,and sutcliffe,s of this world would think twice and maybe society can rest , knowing these guys will never get out or commit these crimes again,or anyone that does will suffer the same ,, to be used as a guinea pig.

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

i disagree with capital punishment,for only one reason.to many innocent people,would now be dead.one would be to many.on the other hand,murdered people do not get another chance.why should thier murderer,but the law is an ass.untill that is not the case,there should be no capital punishment.

Tayside

[Removed by poster at 01/08/10 22:27:57]

Bradford

I would vote to restore capital punishment, and i would happily pull the rope in a number of cases.

However there is another risk.

Picture a fugitive on the run, wanted for a crime where "life" is the sentence. Once he was cornered why not go out in a blaze of (un)glory and take as many people with you as possible. Maybe hostages could be taken for this purpose.

Tayside

"it may be time to make an example of a few chosen criminals,, why put up with there bullshit,, lets test them to the limit, use them for drug testing and save the animals,, if they survive they are giving something back ,, if they die they die,, the message being if you commit a crime then the gov, can test drugs on you, the Huntley's,and sutcliffe,s of this world would think twice and maybe society can rest , knowing these guys will never get out or commit these crimes again,or anyone that does will suffer the same ,, to be used as a guinea pig."

*Typo in last version*

That has got to one of the worst posts I have seen in a long time on the forums!

Not defending any of the criminals with my post but you would be no better than the murderers yourself if you just did random tests of drugs on them and said, aw well they died! Next!

Society wouldn't rest if they had a Government that commited murder itself!

As always, just my opinion!

Bradford

"it may be time to make an example of a few chosen criminals,, why put up with there bullshit,, lets test them to the limit, use them for drug testing and save the animals,, if they survive they are giving something back ,, if they die they die,, the message being if you commit a crime then the gov, can test drugs on you, the Huntley's,and sutcliffe,s of this world would think twice and maybe society can rest , knowing these guys will never get out or commit these crimes again,or anyone that does will suffer the same ,, to be used as a guinea pig.

*Typo in last version*

That has got to one of the worst posts I have seen in a long time on the forums!

Not defending any of the criminals with my post but you would be no better than the murderers yourself if you just did random tests of drugs on them and said, aw well they died! Next!

As always, just my opinion! "

I dunno, the US don't seem to be overly concerned with the CIA.

How do you know what our clandestine secret services do? Did we not collude with and assist the Yanks in the rendering to Guantanamero and other "hidden" places, some of which are acknowledged as existing in Afghanistan.

A big hoorah for Wikileaks.

glasgow

do what america does, three strikes and out, unless in the case of someone like huntly, there is no doubt he was guilty, so why not put him to death, lets face it whichever way he died it would still be more humane than what he did to holly and jessica, take a life, lose a life, works for, and why should i help feed and clothe someone like that, put our money to better use, ie national health, schools, police ect

glasgow

"do what america does, three strikes and out, unless in the case of someone like huntly, there is no doubt he was guilty, so why not put him to death, lets face it whichever way he died it would still be more humane than what he did to holly and jessica, take a life, lose a life, works for, and why should i help feed and clothe someone like that, put our money to better use, ie national health, schools, police ect"

well said,, here,,here,,, 100% true.

glasgow

"do what america does, three strikes and out, unless in the case of someone like huntly, there is no doubt he was guilty, so why not put him to death, lets face it whichever way he died it would still be more humane than what he did to holly and jessica, take a life, lose a life, works for, and why should i help feed and clothe someone like that, put our money to better use, ie national health, schools, police ect"

i agree.but in law,guilty is guilty.there are no differing degrees of guilt.

Tayside

"it may be time to make an example of a few chosen criminals,, why put up with there bullshit,, lets test them to the limit, use them for drug testing and save the animals,, if they survive they are giving something back ,, if they die they die,, the message being if you commit a crime then the gov, can test drugs on you, the Huntley's,and sutcliffe,s of this world would think twice and maybe society can rest , knowing these guys will never get out or commit these crimes again,or anyone that does will suffer the same ,, to be used as a guinea pig.

*Typo in last version*

As always, just my opinion!

I dunno, the US don't seem to be overly concerned with the CIA.

How do you know what our clandestine secret services do? Did we not collude with and assist the Yanks in the rendering to Guantanamero and other "hidden" places, some of which are acknowledged as existing in Afghanistan.

A big hoorah for Wikileaks.

"

TBH I don't really care what the Americans do seeing as I don't live in America!

glasgow

"do what america does, three strikes and out, unless in the case of someone like huntly, there is no doubt he was guilty, so why not put him to death, lets face it whichever way he died it would still be more humane than what he did to holly and jessica, take a life, lose a life, works for, and why should i help feed and clothe someone like that, put our money to better use, ie national health, schools, police ect

i agree.but in law,guilty is guilty.there are no differing degrees of guilt."

there are no differing degrees of guilt, but there is differing degrees of crime, house breaking or theft, while still a crime is far removed from murder or child molestation, and so should be treated differently when sentenced, i belive property criminals can be rehabilitated, but child killers will always do it again, if allowed

Bradford

" TBH I don't really care what the Americans do seeing as I don't live in America! "

Wonder if you'll change your mind if the next "radical" event was Arbroath or close rather than London 7/7?

glasgow

I'm saying anyone commits a serious crime ,,like Huntley,, they should be made examples of ,, not given TV time or newspaper debate time ,, they have done the crime so they should be treated accordingly,, throwing away the keys comes to mind,, he never gave Jessica or holly a second thought did he,, why should we,, give him the time to even breath.. the lowlife bastard..

Tayside

" TBH I don't really care what the Americans do seeing as I don't live in America!

Wonder if you'll change your mind if the next "radical" event was Arbroath or close rather than London 7/7?"

Nope, seeing as we have a Royal Marine Base here there has always been a risk of Arbroath being a target for "radicals" from closer to home.

So to answer your question again, NO it wouldn't change my mind!

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Rushden

There has been talk that execution is not humane and it wouldn't be right to have state sponsored killing.

You really think that locking someone up for twenty years IS humane? That depriving someone of there liberty is more humane that putting them out of their misery?

To be locked up wondering if today would be the day you will start the process to be freed and having your hopes dashed is a lot more cruel and IMHO much less compassionate. Choice between being locked up for 23 hours a day for the next 20 years and painless lethal injection... Should be an option at least!

"There has been talk that execution is not humane and it wouldn't be right to have state sponsored killing.

You really think that locking someone up for twenty years IS humane? That depriving someone of there liberty is more humane that putting them out of their misery?

To be locked up wondering if today would be the day you will start the process to be freed and having your hopes dashed is a lot more cruel and IMHO much less compassionate. Choice between being locked up for 23 hours a day for the next 20 years and painless lethal injection... Should be an option at least!"

In much the same way that deciding to kill two little girls or not is also an option. Huntley chose his path and it led him to where he is now. If we had some way of lobotomising him where it could be guaranteed he'd live like a fairy floating in the breeze for the rest of his natural life then thast would be the perfect solution, but we don't, we only have denial of liberty at our disposal. It cannot be argued that it's inhumane to lock up someone who will go on to kill again if we don't - it is protecting ourselves for the greater good in the long term. Execution is barbaric and harks back to darker days of brutal enforcement with prejudice.

By *ill4cherMan  over a year ago

Bristol

To the vast majority of posters on this thread...

Who do you all want to be in charge of the sentence you might get if falling foul of the law, a judge and jury or some demented scumbag in a prison with a smuggled razorblade in his hand? Yes Huntley committed a heinous crime but get a grip on the consequences of your tabloid ravings.

What GrannyCrumpet said on the 'madness' thread is a sensible explanation of where this 'revenge' mentality would lead. I can't put it any better than what she said there http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/32704 about 8th message in. Please read it.

Perhaps some of you support the Iranian idea of burying a woman in sand up to her neck and having the local madheads throw stones at her till she is dead - and not just any stones, carefully graded ones that are not so large as to kill her outright - they dont want their sport to end too soon. And all just for ALLEGEDLY having an bit on the side.

That's where this kind of mob justice can lead.

Will

glasgow

"To the vast majority of posters on this thread...

Who do you all want to be in charge of the sentence you might get if falling foul of the law, a judge and jury or some demented scumbag in a prison with a smuggled razorblade in his hand? Yes Huntley committed a heinous crime but get a grip on the consequences of your tabloid ravings.

What GrannyCrumpet said on the 'madness' thread is a sensible explanation of where this 'revenge' mentality would lead. I can't put it any better than what she said there http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/32704 about 8th message in. Please read it.

Perhaps some of you support the Iranian idea of burying a woman in sand up to her neck and having the local madheads throw stones at her till she is dead - and not just any stones, carefully graded ones that are not so large as to kill her outright - they dont want their sport to end too soon. And all just for ALLEGEDLY having an bit on the side.

Will"

there are a million miles between,women being stoned in iran,and murderors being executed.the only person who dies in iran,is the woman being stoned.

I admit to not having read all the threads in this post but I'm sorry, that man killed two innocent little girls in a terrifying and sick way then dumped them naked in a ditch, he doesn't deserve to take another breath in my opinion. I'm not saying cast him into the street for the public to deal, but as he has no regard for human life, why should we have any for his.

End of rant.

Will"

I think your right at times and we are prone to join a lynching mob if we are not careful.

Bradford

Am i alone in wondering what happened to Palmer, they used to make nice biscuits.

Bristol

"there are a million miles between,women being stoned in iran,and murderors being executed.the only person who dies in iran,is the woman being stoned."

Well thats alright then

Bradford

"there are a million miles between,women being stoned in iran,and murderors being executed.the only person who dies in iran,is the woman being stoned.

Well thats alright then"

Glad you agree, i'll sleep easily now.

ps if you ever get round to changing yer name to have4cher let me know how it was, ta

Bristol

"I admit to not having read all the threads in this post but I'm sorry, that man killed two innocent little girls in a terrifying and sick way then dumped them naked in a ditch, he doesn't deserve to take another breath in my opinion. I'm not saying cast him into the street for the public to deal, but as he has no regard for human life, why should we have any for his.

End of rant."

Indeed, I support the death penalty too and would like to see it brought back, by lethal injection, BUT I also support the rule of rule not mob law.

Bristol

should of course read...

BUT I also support the rule of law not mob law.

Bradford

any views on Harman's Court of Public Opinion?

"I admit to not having read all the threads in this post but I'm sorry, that man killed two innocent little girls in a terrifying and sick way then dumped them naked in a ditch, he doesn't deserve to take another breath in my opinion. I'm not saying cast him into the street for the public to deal, but as he has no regard for human life, why should we have any for his.

End of rant.

Indeed, I support the death penalty too and would like to see it brought back, by lethal injection, BUT I also support the rule of rule not mob law."

I see where you're coming from and I agree with that principal. But mob law often seems to rear it's head on occasions where the offender is quite clearly guilty through undeniable evidence or admission. That is when the public (me included) want retribution. When it is 100% assured that the guilty party is indeed guilty then the death penalty should be initialised. The trouble is, there's always a case where it's only 99% proved, that's when the anti-capital punishment siders stake their claim. It's a tricky situation.

Bristol

End of rant."

"why should we have any for his" the GrannyCrumpet post explains that, do please read it.

Bristol

_ushroom7 said
" any views on Harman's Court of Public Opinion?"

Not really, the public got rid of her and her potty ideas last May. Do you think you represent 'the public'?

End of rant.

"why should we have any for his" the GrannyCrumpet post explains that, do please read it."

OK, I've read GrannyCrumpets post and it appears lucid and intelligent, but I'm a little confused by it and forgive me for missing the point, how does this vilify the crime that Huntley committed?

"

you said it yourself, it was "some demented scumbag" that wielded that razor...not the prison service.

the op queried his right to sue, not his right to live or die or succumb to the mob and whilst subsequant posts have tackled other issues, i would still stand my ground and say no, he should not be allowed to sue the prison service, his attacker was not the ps but one lone individual.

"reasonable care" is touted a lot on these threads and we are not able to judge that as we dont know yet that he was failed by the ps, the only thing that we are sure of is that he was slashed, that much is all we do know, we also know it wasnt a guard that did it.

if he has a right to prosecute, it should be only the perpetrator of the crime.

as it was said right at the beginning, this proves this man has no remorse as all he seems interested in is getting paid for serving his time.

i would make this comment about any criminal serving time too, not just huntley

fuck him

fuck the system if it pays him even £1 in settlement

Bristol

F33L1NRANDY said
"OK, I've read GrannyCrumpets post and it appears lucid and intelligent, but I'm a little confused by it and forgive me for missing the point, how does this vilify the crime that Huntley committed?"

"how does this vilify the crime that Huntley committed?" huh?? don't think you meant vilify but can't figure out what it is you don't get.

Granny is explaining what it would lead to if the posters on here got theie way and it became lawfull, indeed encouraged, for prisoners to be able to slash and maim any other prisoner they deemed to 'deserve it'.

For me, I hope Huntley or one of the many other prisoners who have been wounded inside win this case, and it results in a major reform of the prison service to make it do what it should, rehabilitate and punish as the law demands, not as individual prison officers see fit.

"For me, I hope Huntley or one of the many other prisoners who have been wounded inside win this case, and it results in a major reform of the prison service to make it do what it should, rehabilitate and punish as the law demands, not as individual prison officers see fit."

excellent!

you have already prosecuted the prison service without even hearing the details of the case

of course, this is a much preferred method to mob rule

lets bring back the witch hunt and let the death of the prison service prove it's own innocence....much preferable way of trying a case!

End of rant.

Indeed, I support the death penalty too and would like to see it brought back, by lethal injection, BUT I also support the rule of rule not mob law.

I see where you're coming from and I agree with that principal. But mob law often seems to rear it's head on occasions where the offender is quite clearly guilty through undeniable evidence or admission. That is when the public (me included) want retribution. When it is 100% assured that the guilty party is indeed guilty then the death penalty should be initialised. The trouble is, there's always a case where it's only 99% proved, that's when the anti-capital punishment siders stake their claim. It's a tricky situation."

oo gee, let's ease our sense of guilt of execution by making sure they are definately guilty of the crimes they are convicted of eh?

Isn't it more a question of: Is it right to kill?

Let's discount war, as that is an entirely different matter altogether.

This is about ending the life of an individual by means of government sanctioned execution.

A clear cut, 100% cast iron guarantee that the convicted person is indeed guilty of the crime for which he or she is to be executed.

A young girl died in hospital yesterday because doctors had conflicting opinions on what was wrong with her. Her GP diagnosed her as having septicemia and prescribed antibiotics but the hospital doctor put it down to a recurrence of a previous illness and prescribed paracetemol - she had scepticemia and died from it.

I don't trust medical evidence to a degree that I'd use it as a basis for taking someone's life as it's a one way street with no turning back.

Incarceration costs money, sure, but it's a price I'm willing to pay for never having to execute an innocent person, because if that happens as little as once then it's once too many.

But, you say, what about Huntley, Sutcliffe etc, and I hear the calls for their deaths, but either we have a system of non-lethal punishment, or we don't. It can't be applied to some and not others as sooner or later a case will come to the fore that blurs any distinction we make on those guidelines.

Bristol

dances_alone raged
"fuck him fuck the system if it pays him even £1 in settlement"

shame, your arguments up to here were making some sense.

"dances_alone ragedfuck him fuck the system if it pays him even £1 in settlement

shame, your arguments up to here were making some sense."

that was my personal view, to which i'm entitled and i am capable of distinguishing between the two...i think my line was clearly drawn in my comment previous to that

Bradford

"_ushroom7 said any views on Harman's Court of Public Opinion?

Not really, the public got rid of her and her potty ideas last May. Do you think you represent 'the public'?"

Did they ( the public )? I missed that result.

Odd question, did i say i did? the question was asked of others.

glasgow

id just like to thank all the ppl that replied and to offer one last comment as to what id like to do to Huntley, "id skin him alive and bury him neck high in an ant pit" ,,and leave him there,, end of my rant,, thanks to all you decent ppl for posting.

"id just like to thank all the ppl that replied and to offer one last comment as to what id like to do to Huntley, "id skin him alive and bury him neck high in an ant pit" ,,and leave him there,, end of my rant,, thanks to all you decent ppl for posting. "

I am decent and disagree with everything you said.

glasgow

"id just like to thank all the ppl that replied and to offer one last comment as to what id like to do to Huntley, "id skin him alive and bury him neck high in an ant pit" ,,and leave him there,, end of my rant,, thanks to all you decent ppl for posting.

I am decent and disagree with everything you said. "

where all entitled to free speech,, I'm sorry you disagree,, but thats the difference between normal ppl,, if i where Huntley ,,he,d probably kill you for not agree with him,, think about that,

"id just like to thank all the ppl that replied and to offer one last comment as to what id like to do to Huntley, "id skin him alive and bury him neck high in an ant pit" ,,and leave him there,, end of my rant,, thanks to all you decent ppl for posting. "

I too am a decent person and I disagreed with everything you posted also.

It's just as well you aren't a judge isn't it?

glasgow

just a thought, but if one of the children huntley, hindley , brady etc killed was a family member of someone who was opposed to the death penalty, how quick do you think their minds would change?

Torquay

"just a thought, but if one of the children huntley, hindley , brady etc killed was a family member of someone who was opposed to the death penalty, how quick do you think their minds would change?"

So was one of your children the victim of Huntley, Hindley or Brady?

glasgow

no they werent, i never said they were, just wondered how quickly would change their minds if one of theirs was, it is easy to say you are against the death penalty until it is personal, then it is a differrent matter, and to be honest with you, if someone lost a child in that way and was still against it, then i would have a lot of respect for someone, who in the face of a lot of emotional turmoil could still show forgivness, i wouldnt be able to do it

sad state of affairs when a prisoner has more rights than the victims.

personally i really wouldnt care if he got a kickin/slashed/maimed every day in his waste of a life . did he think about that happening when he murdered those children and then appeared on tv claimin to help search for them when he knew all along where the were??

the kids parents have maintained a very dignified silence throughout this debacle and they must relive the horror every single day of what happened to those kiddies and when they turn on the news or read a paper or any form of media it must bring it back to them in the most horrific way. but they dont matter do they??

compensation... why not just build a prison in one of the deserted island and ship the huntleys and bradys and wests and tobins and beggs on it till the day they die give them their basic rights of food and water and shelter and nothin else.

right now we have prisoners living in better conditions than our war injured and pensioners who have contributed to society hard time should mean exactly that, not lyin somewhere with all mod cons such as tv and computer access etc they may not have their freedom but they sure as shit got a lot more than some law abiding people in this country have x

glasgow

"sad state of affairs when a prisoner has more rights than the victims.

personally i really wouldnt care if he got a kickin/slashed/maimed every day in his waste of a life . did he think about that happening when he murdered those children and then appeared on tv claimin to help search for them when he knew all along where the were??

the kids parents have maintained a very dignified silence throughout this debacle and they must relive the horror every single day of what happened to those kiddies and when they turn on the news or read a paper or any form of media it must bring it back to them in the most horrific way. but they dont matter do they??

compensation... why not just build a prison in one of the deserted island and ship the huntleys and bradys and wests and tobins and beggs on it till the day they die give them their basic rights of food and water and shelter and nothin else.

right now we have prisoners living in better conditions than our war injured and pensioners who have contributed to society hard time should mean exactly that, not lyin somewhere with all mod cons such as tv and computer access etc they may not have their freedom but they sure as shit got a lot more than some law abiding people in this country have x"

couldnt agree more, i personally know people, who through no fault of their own exist on less than the prisoners get, just because they had the misfortune to have a partner die and they were left with kids to bring up on their own, or pensioners who are scared to put on heating in case bill is too high

Torquay

"no they werent, i never said they were, just wondered how quickly would change their minds if one of theirs was, it is easy to say you are against the death penalty until it is personal, then it is a differrent matter, and to be honest with you, if someone lost a child in that way and was still against it, then i would have a lot of respect for someone, who in the face of a lot of emotional turmoil could still show forgivness, i wouldnt be able to do it"

There have been so many recorded cases of wrongful conviction for murder in the UK over the last two or three decades....how can anyone feel totally at ease in bringing back the death penalty.

"no they werent, i never said they were, just wondered how quickly would change their minds if one of theirs was, it is easy to say you are against the death penalty until it is personal, then it is a differrent matter, and to be honest with you, if someone lost a child in that way and was still against it, then i would have a lot of respect for someone, who in the face of a lot of emotional turmoil could still show forgivness, i wouldnt be able to do it

There have been so many recorded cases of wrongful conviction for murder in the UK over the last two or three decades....how can anyone feel totally at ease in bringing back the death penalty.

"

on the other hand there are many cases where people have been able to offend and reoffend and evade capture.

we have more scientific advances now in regards to dna etc but dont have the money to use it?

as iv said in a previous post, it cost 40k a yr to keep 1 prisoner in jail when you think of the amount it costs to keep the forementioned ones incarcirated for say 20 yrs we could afford the new technology to seal convinctions where there is no shadow of a doubt!

the bit that would worry me with the death penalty is where would the government draw the line??

child murder? murder? abuse? rape? criticing david cameron? striking workers? what would be the fine line? x

Torquay

"no they werent, i never said they were, just wondered how quickly would change their minds if one of theirs was, it is easy to say you are against the death penalty until it is personal, then it is a differrent matter, and to be honest with you, if someone lost a child in that way and was still against it, then i would have a lot of respect for someone, who in the face of a lot of emotional turmoil could still show forgivness, i wouldnt be able to do it

on the other hand there are many cases where people have been able to offend and reoffend and evade capture.

we have more scientific advances now in regards to dna etc but dont have the money to use it?

as iv said in a previous post, it cost 40k a yr to keep 1 prisoner in jail when you think of the amount it costs to keep the forementioned ones incarcirated for say 20 yrs we could afford the new technology to seal convinctions where there is no shadow of a doubt!

the bit that would worry me with the death penalty is where would the government draw the line??

child murder? murder? abuse? rape? criticing david cameron? striking workers? what would be the fine line? x"

And that my darling is the crux of the matter, where exactly do they draw the line?

Huntley is indeed scum, the lowest of the low, but it's the cut off point where executions are concerned that is the problem.....

The Tories would have all murderers of police officers on that list, in fact if you look back to the last death penalty discussion in Parliament there was more call for the killers of police officers to be executed than child killers from the Right of the House.

If there was one striking point to come out of the killing of PC Keith Blakelock all those years ago in the Broadwater Farm riots, it was that the Government of the day pushed the Met Police for a conviction for the crime, it never mattered that much to them that the wrong person/s were convicted...they had to be seen as punishing someone.

Since then I have been strongly against the death penalty, not withstanding the fact that I believe child killers like Huntley to be the lowest form of pond life.

understand totally, the conviction in that case was pushed for but with the new technology that we have now compared to what we had then, we have made great advances and more to come but as we said where would the line be drawn?

in huntley case there is no doubt he did it and also with the moors murders and fred and rose west and these are cases before the technology we have today i feel that the death penalty would be sufficient in these cases of multiple murder and child murder xx

Torquay

"understand totally, the conviction in that case was pushed for but with the new technology that we have now compared to what we had then, we have made great advances and more to come but as we said where would the line be drawn?

in huntley case there is no doubt he did it and also with the moors murders and fred and rose west and these are cases before the technology we have today i feel that the death penalty would be sufficient in these cases of multiple murder and child murder xx "

Of course I share your disgust of the likes of Brady and Huntley but it's the thought of the death penalty being brought back on the basis of it being for child killers, then a right wing government pushing the boundaries to include other convictions....where will it end?

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

To take a life under any circumstances is not easy. The person who does it gets remorse, flash backs and wonders if it was the right thing to do. I personally wouldn't expect anyone to act as an executioner.

Also there is always the possibility of fresh evidence making verdicts unsafe.

With Huntley yes he is an evil man but i am happy to pay my taxes to keep him behind bars for the rest of his natural.

I would though give him and his like the opportunity to take his own life if he felt he wanted to.

i dont know as tory politics bore me senseless but i know if it ever went to a public opinion i would joyfully tick the box for child murderer/multiple and even some single murders. maybe human emotions is a big part of my thinking here but its gettin to the stage where criminals have more rights than the victims and its wrong! as long as it was proven in a court of law with sufficient evidence and a jury then maybe a seperate panel?

it could be done under any government not just a tory one.

iv tried looking for figures for the amount of child murderers etc being held currently but its not light reading for this time of night x

"no they werent, i never said they were, just wondered how quickly would change their minds if one of theirs was, it is easy to say you are against the death penalty until it is personal, then it is a differrent matter, and to be honest with you, if someone lost a child in that way and was still against it, then i would have a lot of respect for someone, who in the face of a lot of emotional turmoil could still show forgivness, i wouldnt be able to do it"

I've been waiting for the old 'you would think differently if it was one of yours' argument. It wasn't one of mine Huntley killed and to ask me to imagine my child lying dead somewhere is something I just cannot do, I cannot bring myself to think of either of my children in those terms, but I still hold that execution is wrong and if it ever came to pass that someone close to me was a victim of someone like Huntley then I would want that person to rot, alive, locked up, for all eternity if it was at all possible, but I'd settle for the rest of their natural lives, never seeing the outside again, never having the freedom to amble to the newsagent on a sunny Sunday morning or take a stroll to the pub for a few beers and a chat with your mates. No, I'd much prefer them to think of those things from behind a barred window where the only thing they see is the colour of the sky to determine what sort of weather it is, day after day, week after week, year after tedious year. That's my idea of justice.

I've been waiting for the old 'you would think differently if it was one of yours' argument. It wasn't one of mine Huntley killed and to ask me to imagine my child lying dead somewhere is something I just cannot do, I cannot bring myself to think of either of my children in those terms, but I still hold that execution is wrong and if it ever came to pass that someone close to me was a victim of someone like Huntley then I would want that person to rot, alive, locked up, for all eternity if it was at all possible, but I'd settle for the rest of their natural lives, never seeing the outside again, never having the freedom to amble to the newsagent on a sunny Sunday morning or take a stroll to the pub for a few beers and a chat with your mates. No, I'd much prefer them to think of those things from behind a barred window where the only thing they see is the colour of the sky to determine what sort of weather it is, day after day, week after week, year after tedious year. That's my idea of justice."

so the other idea of mine , building jails on remote deserted islands of britain with just basic rights of shelter and food is a good one for these cases? still goin to cost a lot but maybe a better deterrant instead of the cushiness we have just now!

commit a crime and you should lose your rights its pretty simple!! x

"so the other idea of mine , building jails on remote deserted islands of britain with just basic rights of shelter and food is a good one for these cases? still goin to cost a lot but maybe a better deterrant instead of the cushiness we have just now!

commit a crime and you should lose your rights its pretty simple!! x"

Yup, that's fine with me. Somewhere bleak, inhospitable and forever cold. Send them there.

"so the other idea of mine , building jails on remote deserted islands of britain with just basic rights of shelter and food is a good one for these cases? still goin to cost a lot but maybe a better deterrant instead of the cushiness we have just now!

commit a crime and you should lose your rights its pretty simple!! x

Yup, that's fine with me. Somewhere bleak, inhospitable and forever cold. Send them there. "

fuck off scotland got enough lol!

jokin aside, maybe it would help and also bring jobs to some barren areas!

the human rights excuse has come to far now and needs some reversal!

compensation should not apply to prisons in my eyes you did the crime you serve the crime at whatever risk.

i know it comes under the duty of care and health and safety but we really are gettin made a mockery of! x

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

The whole point of having laws is so that crimes are dealt with impersonally and impartially. With everyone being safe from mob vengeance and those either directly or indirectly victims of crime being protected from the damage that would be done to themselves by acting on their emotions.

"

The whole point of having laws is so that crimes are dealt with impersonally and impartially. With everyone being safe from mob vengeance and those either directly or indirectly victims of crime being protected from the damage that would be done to themselves by acting on their emotions."

For once we are in agreement. Society does need protecting from itself and it's knee-jerk reactions that have far-reaching consequences long after the initial rage has subsided.

moston

For the record, after many years of being anti capital and corperal punishment I have reluctantly changed my mind.

Common sense nor public opinion does not apply in law,am affair to say this evil monster has a strong case

*afraid

moston

"Common sense nor public opinion does not apply in law,am affair to say this evil monster has a strong case "

Common sense? you are afraid that public opinion does not apply!

I may despise Huntley and wish that we had a death penalty so that he could be put down.

However I am also so glad and proud that in our country he has the same rights in law as everyone else. That anyone should think that it would be right for any person or group of people to be deprived of their rights in law is disgusting,and before you all jump on me for saying this, just remember that is what the Israelis are doing to the Palestinians, the Nazis did to the Jews and the Yanks did to the Negroes in the southern states.

"Common sense nor public opinion does not apply in law,am affair to say this evil monster has a strong case

Common sense? you are afraid that public opinion does not apply!

I may despise Huntley and wish that we had a death penalty so that he could be put down.

However I am also so glad and proud that in our country he has the same rights in law as everyone else. That anyone should think that it would be right for any person or group of people to be deprived of their rights in law is disgusting,and before you all jump on me for saying this, just remember that is what the Israelis are doing to the Palestinians, the Nazis did to the Jews and the Yanks did to the Negroes in the southern states."

You've added nothing to my statement mr

"Common sense nor public opinion does not apply in law,am affair to say this evil monster has a strong case "

Maybe Huntley does have a case to answer but then the parents of Holly Wells & Jessica Chapman can also use the courts to sue Huntley for every penny of what he gets in compensation. If I were them I'd do it for the principle of the it.

"Common sense nor public opinion does not apply in law,am affair to say this evil monster has a strong case

Maybe Huntley does have a case to answer but then the parents of Holly Wells & Jessica Chapman can also use the courts to sue Huntley for every penny of what he gets in compensation. If I were them I'd do it for the principle of the it."

That will be a sensible thing to do instead of the government wasting 1million to defend the case which they might end up lossing anyway

» Add a new message to this topic