FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Cooking up a storm....

Cooking up a storm....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

.....for dinner. I decided to get busy in the kitchen and am doing Pumpkin Soup with Roasted Corn and a Egg, Bacon & Leek tartin.....just thought if share is all

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ambslass48Woman  over a year ago

Peterborough

Now I'm hungry where's mine lol

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

tell me about the soup. How do you roast the corn and at what stage do you put it in the soup?

Ta!

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

".....for dinner. I decided to get busy in the kitchen and am doing Pumpkin Soup with Roasted Corn and a Egg, Bacon & Leek tartin.....just thought if share is all "

Dinner as in mid day or evening meal?

"Now I'm hungry where's mine lol"

Message me and maybe I'll cook for you one day lol x

Cardiff

Oh Cas - What you saying?

"tell me about the soup. How do you roast the corn and at what stage do you put it in the soup?

Ta! "

Dead simple to be honest.....pumpkin flesh, leek, carrots, sweet potatoes, cumin, roasted garlic, simmer for 30 mins in 2 1/2 pts of chicken stock.

Blend with a hand blender and stir through 150 ml of cream. Return to heat and and warm through, season and serve.

Thé corn.....you get two small tins of sweetcorn, drain and patted dry with kitchen paper.....fry in 2 tbsps of o oil for 5 mins until golden. Set aside to cool and mix with fresh parsley. Spoon over a little of this into each soup bowl and swirl through a touch more cream x if want specifics, ie weights etc....message me

".....for dinner. I decided to get busy in the kitchen and am doing Pumpkin Soup with Roasted Corn and a Egg, Bacon & Leek tartin.....just thought if share is all

Dinner as in mid day or evening meal?"

No this is an evening meal for myself and some fab friends lol

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"tell me about the soup. How do you roast the corn and at what stage do you put it in the soup?

Ta!

Dead simple to be honest.....pumpkin flesh, leek, carrots, sweet potatoes, cumin, roasted garlic, simmer for 30 mins in 2 1/2 pts of chicken stock.

Blend with a hand blender and stir through 150 ml of cream. Return to heat and and warm through, season and serve.

Thé corn.....you get two small tins of sweetcorn, drain and patted dry with kitchen paper.....fry in 2 tbsps of o oil for 5 mins until golden. Set aside to cool and mix with fresh parsley. Spoon over a little of this into each soup bowl and swirl through a touch more cream x if want specifics, ie weights etc....message me"

Thank you. I don't need weights I usually throw things in until it looks right anyway . It sounds delicious!!

Cardiff

".....for dinner. I decided to get busy in the kitchen and am doing Pumpkin Soup with Roasted Corn and a Egg, Bacon & Leek tartin.....just thought if share is all

No this is an evening meal for myself and some fab friends lol"

Plenty of cracked black pepper on top and maybe fresh basil leaves or even corriander, add some parmisan too (if I was one of you fab friends I would take those options).

What happens to the egg or should I read through again?

Ta!

Thé corn.....you get two small tins of sweetcorn, drain and patted dry with kitchen paper.....fry in 2 tbsps of o oil for 5 mins until golden. Set aside to cool and mix with fresh parsley. Spoon over a little of this into each soup bowl and swirl through a touch more cream x if want specifics, ie weights etc....message me

Thank you. I don't need weights I usually throw things in until it looks right anyway . It sounds delicious!!"

You are most welcome, I'm always happy to share recipes and kitchen ideas etc. Hope you have a go and enjoy it.

P.s Nice pics by the way....shame your so far away

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Ta!

Thank you. I don't need weights I usually throw things in until it looks right anyway . It sounds delicious!!

You are most welcome, I'm always happy to share recipes and kitchen ideas etc. Hope you have a go and enjoy it.

P.s Nice pics by the way....shame your so far away "

Thank you

Plenty of cracked black pepper on top and maybe fresh basil leaves or even corriander, add some parmisan too (if I was one of you fab friends I would take those options).

What happens to the egg or should I read through again?"

There is no egg in the soup....the egg is part of the tartin, the recipe for which I havent listed lol.

Cardiff

What happens to the egg or should I read through again?

There is no egg in the soup....the egg is part of the tartin, the recipe for which I havent listed lol."

Tut doh

Enjoy your soup on this cold day/night

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Ta!

Thank you. I don't need weights I usually throw things in until it looks right anyway . It sounds delicious!!"

It does. Might give that a whirl myself some time

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I recently went to a small café that looked really rough from the outside. I ordered home made oxtail soup and it truly was the best I've ever tasted, delicious, savoury, well seasoned and only £4.50. I shall be going back oxtail takes too long to cook for me to bother doing it at home.

Ta!

It does. Might give that a whirl myself some time "

I hope you do....let me know how it turns out for you

"I recently went to a small café that looked really rough from the outside. I ordered home made oxtail soup and it truly was the best I've ever tasted, delicious, savoury, well seasoned and only £4.50. I shall be going back oxtail takes too long to cook for me to bother doing it at home. "

Nothing beats fresh, homemade soup on a cold winters day....though I'll admit oxtail, whilst nice, is not among my list of favourites.

» Add a new message to this topic