FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Yet another Christmas is being pushed too early rant

Yet another Christmas is being pushed too early rant

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I was in the cafe at Asda (other supermarkets are available), plastered all round the shop is Christmas including a festive menu.

On being served I deliberately said Merry Christmas to the pleasant lady passing me my change.

Of course she looked at me like I'd gone out, and so she should.

I love Christmas at Christmas.

Take up the challenge of saying merry Christmas to people selling Christmas stuff and insist on a merry Christmas in return.

Ho, ho bloody ho.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *itSamCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

Just spent ages typing in about my christmas gripe with it starting early. Gave up as I went on too much.

In short.... December be the christmas month.

By *homasP80Man  over a year ago

Linwood

I always like to make an early start on Xmas presents etc. Will try to get all presents in by late nov.

Just like to avoid it when the shops get to busy/crazy.

I'll also be getting my headphones out to listen to my own music instead of the usual Xmas tunes they play aloud on the radio.

By *lttattoocoupleCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Could be a good thing tbh, far too many people get in debt or leave it too late. At least it gets thinking about it and maybe think , yea I'll start now and spread the cost

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Christmas Eve. That's when Christmas starts for me. Presents/food/ booze. All done in a day!

if it was all in december think the stock would be gone instantly. I love the build up to xmas

The only thing I like about Xmas is the time off from work!

I LOVE Christmas.

I find myself singing Christmas songs around July/August time. It's so exciting and cheers up an otherwise cold and wet few months.

CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wrote Happy Christmas on a few frosty cars on way to school this morning with my son.

I dont know how people who work in retail cope with all the piped tunes on a loop...

"I was in the cafe at Asda (other supermarkets are available), plastered all round the shop is Christmas including a festive menu.

On being served I deliberately said Merry Christmas to the pleasant lady passing me my change.

Take up the challenge of saying merry Christmas to people selling Christmas stuff and insist on a merry Christmas in return.

Ho, ho bloody ho. "

If you said Merry Christmas to me I'd genuinely have a smile on my face for the rest of the day.

"if it was all in december think the stock would be gone instantly. I love the build up to xmas"

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"I was in the cafe at Asda (other supermarkets are available), plastered all round the shop is Christmas including a festive menu.

Ho, ho bloody ho.

If you said Merry Christmas to me I'd genuinely have a smile on my face for the rest of the day. "

Merry Christmas

Christmas has not just come early in the shops, its come early on tv as well with the sky christmas movie channel starting a month early and some christmas films are on channel 5 this weekend.

They say its to beat the christmas rush in shops by helping people stock up early for christmas but to be honest, its just another money making scheme.

As much as I love christmas and the runup to it, christmas should stay in December.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

we were in Starbucks yesterday and a Christmas song came on, I would happily have no sign of the festive season until about 14th December.

Bah humbug!

Ho, ho bloody ho.

If you said Merry Christmas to me I'd genuinely have a smile on my face for the rest of the day.

Merry Christmas "

Aww thank you! Merry Christmas to you too.

By *itSamCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

"I dont know how people who work in retail cope with all the piped tunes on a loop... "

I was Santa in children's world (when that existed) right outside my grotto was a bloody sega console with sonic the friggin hedgehog on it. Every minute or so it played sayyyyygaaaaaaa and then played a short clip of the game. That is what I heard all day. There must be a secret message in the word as I then went and bought one.

I also detest the song the fairy tale of New York. There is no christmas spirit in it at all. Abusive and nasty lyrics... I will get shot down on that one as I know there are people out there who think it is the best song ever.... NOT

"I dont know how people who work in retail cope with all the piped tunes on a loop...

I was Santa in children's world (when that existed) right outside my grotto was a bloody sega console with sonic the friggin hedgehog on it. Every minute or so it played sayyyyygaaaaaaa and then played a short clip of the game. That is what I heard all day. There must be a secret message in the word as I then went and bought one.

I also detest the song the fairy tale of New York. There is no christmas spirit in it at all. Abusive and nasty lyrics... I will get shot down on that one as I know there are people out there who think it is the best song ever.... NOT"

Try the song Mad World. Somehow that song manages to appear at Christmas all the time and it is on Christmas albums but it has nothing to do with Christmas at all.

The song is so depressing and yet it was number 1 when it was released in December. Just because a song was released in December, it does NOT class as a Christmas song.

By *bony in IvoryCouple  over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

I generally wait till nearer the time. When all the early xmas people have had enough already. Trip to Sainsburies, letting off all the xmas noisey toys , as i push me trolley around.Huge smiles and singing jingle bells to myself, as i grab the last bag of brussels! And wink at all the others with faces like smacked arses with their trolleys full of bread, milk and bog roll lol

Now thats when my Xmas starts!!!

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Fuck Christmas

» Add a new message to this topic