FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > cataracts

cataracts

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uby0000 OP   Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

anyone had them? had surgery? or know someone that has them?

they are talking about operating at some stage and I am such a baby with eyes

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

My mums worn glasses all her life and last year she had her cateracts done and they put lenses in her eyes no more glasses. They do one eye then the other shed had no problems at all

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've had them remove from both my eyes.

The first one 4 years ago

The other 4 weeks ago.

PM if you want to know anything from the patient side of it.

The benefits are great.

By *ouseCarlMan  over a year ago

Walton on Thames

Hi

I don't have cataracts, but I've just had the first of two lens replacement operations, last friday, which is effectively the same procedure.

If you manage to get it done on the NEW then they use injections to anestitise your eye and hold the lid open with God knows what.

However, if you do it privately it's a different experience. You have an hour of eye drops every fifteen mind which includes anesthetic and pre op.

The procedure itself lasts about 29 mind and although it feels weird it is completely painless.

With a new lend in I noticed the difference almost immediately and the eye gets better each day... I have a few weeks of eye drops and after care until my next operation on 21st.

In conclusion...I will never have cataracts, if the lens is right I will never need glasses.

Go for it.

Hope this helps

Tony

By *ouseCarlMan  over a year ago

Walton on Thames

Please forgive my predictive text vagaries. ..

For NEW read NHS.

For mind read minutes

sorry.

my mother had them done last year..very painless,very quick recovery time...anything to do with eyes freaks me out, but hers went absolutely fine...good luck..you'll be so glad you did it

"Hi

I don't have cataracts, but I've just had the first of two lens replacement operations, last friday, which is effectively the same procedure.

If you manage to get it done on the NEW then they use injections to anestitise your eye and hold the lid open with God knows what.

However, if you do it privately it's a different experience. You have an hour of eye drops every fifteen mind which includes anesthetic and pre op.

The procedure itself lasts about 29 mind and although it feels weird it is completely painless.

With a new lend in I noticed the difference almost immediately and the eye gets better each day... I have a few weeks of eye drops and after care until my next operation on 21st.

In conclusion...I will never have cataracts, if the lens is right I will never need glasses.

Go for it.

Hope this helps

Tony "

This is what I have just had done for free on the NHS. The lens inserted was made to measure so to speak. I did have LA with my first cataract but only the drops with my 2nd.

I need reading glasses still and distance ones only for driving.

By *utumnWoman  over a year ago

leeds

I had cataracts removed from my right eye a year ago, DO NOT WORRY!!. It's strange but not painful at all and the benefits have been unbelievable, I can't wait for my left eye to be ready and I truly wouldn't hesitate in recommending you go for it!!

By *uby0000 OP   Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

thanks everyone ... I will go by what the doctors say .. I am just terrible with eyes.... a real baby

thanx for the advice

theres a colouful light show going off inside ur eye as they take the old cateract out so lie back an enjoy the colours x its painless honestly chic xxx

» Add a new message to this topic